Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by lifesanrpg 735d ago | news

Microsoft offers solution to Xbox One error: 'There was a problem with the update'

GameZone writes: So you just bought your Xbox One, you unpacked it and set it up, you perform the mandatory day one system update and... you're greeted with the message: "There was a problem with the update." (Xbox One)

Newmanator  +   735d ago
I wish we would all wait 1 month before judging the consoles. I'm waiting til next year to get a PS4 but these articles need strong data to support the claims before being taken seriously.
JackISbacK  +   735d ago
yeah waiting could be good ,its all on you waht you like and on ms side its is good to here that these people are very quick to finding the problems and now are up to solve them ,good work ms ,keep doing it and keep your efforts in future also and dont repeat past mistakes.
corvusmd  +   735d ago
Uh, so the answer is don't do a nearly 2gb initial system update wirelessly...why wouldn't this be obvious to anyone that's played games more than once?
heliumhead2030  +   735d ago
Its only 500 or so and I'm doing it over WiFi and I down GB of stuff on my cell phone all the time. Your welcome. Welcome to the future
AlexanderNevermind  +   735d ago
To be fair my brother struggled to get the PS4 day one update via wifi. You have a lot of people pulling the dl from the servers at one time.

I finally told him to do it via usb and he had no issues. For me personally my PS4 stays hard wired to the modem. That being said I also used USB to install the update although I swapped hdds one day one.
#2.2 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
JackISbacK  +   735d ago
yeah these things happen ,it also happened with me also on both my next gen consoles,it's difficult to do updates or use servers while over crouding ,day one is realy an headiach,but we gamers cant stop us .
orangechicken67  +   735d ago
Your not the only one 1tb hard drive in mine also
sprinterboy  +   735d ago
Hard wired all the way
Pintheshadows  +   735d ago
What the hell are you talking about? Do you live in North Korea or something?

I've never had this slow update problem or struggling to update under load. It may be I am lucky with my internet but I live in crazywebbedfeetland aka. Norfolk.
#2.3 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
heliumhead2030  +   735d ago
This guy is a jinx I'm downloading the update now!!
Belking  +   735d ago
Its only because of so many people trying to update at the same time.So far so good on the hardware side.
pyramidshead  +   735d ago
I guess you haven't checked the official Xbox forums. lol
#4.1 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
GentlemenRUs  +   735d ago
You still need to Call M$ Support(Shudders)...

I've been there with a RROD, It's like taking a trip though HELL!
#5 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
MidnytRain  +   735d ago
It's a shame we can't have things simply work the way they were meant to upon buying them. Instead, the company has to tell customers how to fix their product. -_-
#6 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ELCUCO  +   735d ago
So cloud
Much headache
strigoi814  +   735d ago
Microsofts answer to your issues are on the Clouds lolz
Deathdeliverer  +   735d ago
Went effortless for me last night. Guess I'm just lucky.
SynestheticRoar  +   735d ago
Microsoft support. The horror those guys suk. Blame RROD on gamestop said, and I quote "Gamestop must have given you a floor model" It's funny now, but when it happen I wasn't laughing.
#10 (Edited 735d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KingDadXVI  +   735d ago
Bottom line on the Wi-Fi is that it is susceptible to interference from other electronic devices which can lead to things like data packet loss, latency issues or even complete connection loss and also due to attenuation of the signal as it passes through the structure of your house. While Wi-Fi is wonderful it is not the best for gaming or HD streaming unless the Wi-Fi source is right next to your connected device. I would not recommend Wi-Fi for anyone who is serious about online gaming, major downloading, or streaming at all. Your best bet is an hardline Ethernet connection. Every house that I have every had I pulled Cat 6 Ethernet cable through.

Wi-Fi is fine for mobile devices and printers and even the new Xbox One controllers with Wi-Fi Direct but if you want a connection that won't get F@!ked up by your wife or roommate using that high power microwave oven or the 6 walls and steel ducting running between your wireless modem and your console then run Ethernet to your console. It is far more reliable and has a much higher overall band width (for cat 5e and 6).
forcefullpower  +   735d ago
Weather its WiFi or Ethernet there should be no data lose. You may get dropped packets but that is why they are using TCPIP. There should be no issue with the final firmware data that arrives to the console.

Wifi for gaming is a no no in my personal experience.
gamertk421  +   735d ago
My update took 3 minutes and 12 seconds.
ipach  +   735d ago
uh, doesn't sound like much of a fix. presumably, anyone who first runs into that problem would have tried all this already before saying it was a problem...
Smootherkuzz  +   735d ago
Do not use wifi for Internet connection to any game console your asking for headaches.
Kingoftherodeo  +   735d ago
Who uses wifi for gaming ?????
SegaGamer  +   735d ago
Updates, updates and more updates, here's an idea, release something without problems for once.

Star Wars Battlefront Review | The Gamers' Temple

6m ago - From The Gamers' Temple: Overall, I have to say that I certainly had some fun with the game, alth... | PC

Examining the Explosive Success of the $120k+ Hatoful Boyfriend Plush Kickstarter

33m ago - Marcus Estrada writes: "Scarecrow’s last campaign was for a Hotline Miami figure. In the end, tha... | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Lara Croft GO: The Shard of Life, Cave of Fire Walkthrough

8h ago - AppUnwrapper writes: "This is a complete walkthrough guide with videos and relic locations for th... | iPhone

Chronicle: RuneScape Legends Enters Closed Beta

10h ago - Jagex, the creators of the award-winning free-to-play MMO RuneScape, today announced the beginnin... | PC

17 Best Star Wars Games of All Time

10h ago - Chillopedia: Gaming has exceptionally evolved since the past decade, which is quite evident from... | Culture