Submitted by halocursed 371d ago | news

Microsoft Blasted for Xbox One Launch Party Host KSI

"Microsoft has been criticised for hiring YouTube personality KSI to attend its Xbox One launch party in London last night." (Microsoft, Xbox One)

Attached Video
ANIALATOR136  +   371d ago
good ol' matt lees
Blackdeath_663  +   371d ago
for the sake of not getting a restriction for bad language...again i'll just say this, videogamer were very right to call MS out on this
cleft5  +   371d ago
I understand what this guy is saying and where he is coming from, but right now all Microsoft and a lot of companies care about is associating themselves with popular people. By doing this they hope that their products come off as being popular and cool. Quite frankly, Microsoft, Sony, etc doesn't care about how these people behave or what they say. All they care about is that they are wildly popular. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is.
Rikuide_Furame  +   371d ago
Can understand the point of the article, but don't see why they're dropping the sexism line yet again - it's not sexist as he is just as profane around males.
#1.2 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
majiebeast  +   371d ago
Saying to a girl "where did your tits go" or "why arent you fingering yourself" then after that start making obscene gestures. Thats sexual harrasment and sexist, which should have no place in the industry and should never represent your brand.
#1.2.1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(31) | Disagree(3) | Report
Rikuide_Furame  +   371d ago
First off, I never said his behaviour was acceptable - it's not. Second, yes it's sexual harassment but it's not sexist. People throw such words around without the slightest thought to the damage it actually does. He's just as much of clown around men as he is women - which defeats the sexism part of the article.

Just seems the author misses the point of his own crusade.
Blaze929  +   371d ago
whoever the dude is in this video sounds super sour. "Microsoft has been criticised" no, seems like "he" is just criticizing...hating.

I read the entire article, and watched the video, and pretty much he's mad Microsoft used him because of something unrelated he did at Eurogamer?

KSI can do whatever he wants. People support him. He didn't get to where he was on his own.

I'm not even a fan of the guy yet this is just unfair attacking simply on the fact that there is NO point in this. Nothing to do with the xbox one launch party or microsoft. just, some hater who didnt get invited.
sourav93  +   371d ago
Next time, start with something small. Try walking and chewing gum at the same time, before commenting.
jetlian  +   371d ago
hope you werent born in 93 for theres no hope for the future. Dude is hating and theres nothing more to it

Virtually every celeb has a rap.
Back-to-Back  +   371d ago
Read before you comment next time.
Erudito87  +   371d ago
ksi is such a loser
kneon  +   371d ago
Who is ksi?
#2.1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Erudito87  +   371d ago
I used to subscribe to his youtube channel to him because of his fifa vids. During a euro gaming convention event that he was invited to, he was outrageously offensive to females there. He was basically harassing them and commenting on their appearance and saying pretty horrible stuff.
maddskull  +   371d ago
and dont forget he is a obvious xbox fanboy so he would do anything for them
Erudito87  +   371d ago
This isn't really about console preferences. It's about the fact that he is an immature little kid who verbally abuses women and was banned from the euro gamer convention.
Idba  +   371d ago
Agreed. I used to subscribe to him because of his funny Fifa videos, but the last year hes been crap. Never uploading videos and when he does they're crap. Even his brother is funnier than him now
majiebeast  +   371d ago
Goodjob Matt Lees for pointing this out, this guy should never get corporate gigs from anyone hell youtube should ban him.

He asked a girl at Eurogamer expo 2012 "What are you doing not fingering yourself"

Be prepared to cringe its bad.
#3 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
DARK WITNESS  +   371d ago
what a D"^^K Head !!!

I would not worry, at some point he will prob catch a right hook from someone.

it may actually help him with the facial expressions and give him a bit more character !
danny818  +   371d ago
What a douche. I mean, u are whos representing u right?
Belking  +   371d ago
Hater
majiebeast  +   371d ago
How can you defend this, you are so damn mental. This has nothing to do with Xbox, this has to do with this pathetic excuse of a human getting corporate gigs for being downright nasty to women.
scott182  +   371d ago
Yeah, don't hate on people that verbally abuse women! You're a good person Belking.
Fizzgig  +   371d ago
Who is KSI? Serious question, never heard of him. Looking at the clip majiebeast posted, it doesn't look like i'm missing out on much.
aiBreeze  +   371d ago
You don't want to know him.. some things just can't be unseen.
KingDadXVI  +   371d ago
I agree that the guy is a complete asshole and it was definitely a mistake to use that guy but I have a funny feeling that KSI tried to rape him at some time in the past. Or conversely KSI rebuffed his advances and now he is pissed.

Seriously though I hope that this was an oversight on MS part. Still won't stop me from having fun with my Xbox One however.
#6 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
aiBreeze  +   371d ago
By him do you mean the guy in the video? Are you implying he has a personal agenda bad mouthing KSI? Tbh, I thought his choice of words were very reserved all things considered and he raises a very good point that KSI shouldn't be near anything family friendly at all.
KingDadXVI  +   371d ago
I think the guy is completely correct in his assessment of KSI being an asshole. I just felt that his tone seemed to me that he had a bit of a personal agenda against KSI.

I have never heard of KSI before this and could care less as to whether I ever hear about him again. He is a dick apparently and should obviously be outed as such.
kiz2694  +   371d ago
This guy makes a lot of sense!
EdoubleD  +   371d ago
KSI is a joke, I really don't get why my mates even watch this tool.
SegaGamer  +   371d ago
For a laugh maybe. Gamers need to lighten up, you lot are so miserable sometimes.
sourav93  +   371d ago
So people like to laugh at watching an idiot treating women like his left testicle?
EdoubleD  +   371d ago
I laughed at a couple of his videos, like his FIFA glitches. I mean, he was funny at some point in his YouTube career. But he's total crap now, I mean, he almost cost Matt Lees his partnership. (Dunno if he has lost it yet)

That was a dick move, I won't give him a free pass for it. Neither should you.
TenBensons  +   371d ago
KSI is a total knob, i'm surprised no one has knocked him out yet. He's been banned from all future eurogamer expo's right?

@majiebeast GOOD. Hope more events/companies follow suit.
#9 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
majiebeast  +   371d ago
Yeah.
Tctczach  +   371d ago
As much as I agree that he shouldn't be allowed to do corporate gigs there are plenty of people who have come from worse. I just think a witch hunt is unnecessary. Even if he is a degenerate.
#10 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ltachiUchiha  +   371d ago
This guys right. I swear if I was at one of those shows & I seen him be disrespectful like that to a lady especially where he said, she should be fingering herself. Id punch him without even hesitating. Not because of my personal feelings over his actions but just for the fact that, i look at it this way. What if that was your sister just trying to promote mountain dew, and this moron walks up & ask where her tits are. Id send him to the hospital. Thats just how i look at it. Besides why in hell is he walking around harassing these females, im pretty sure that is not what they are paying him to do, & if they are then they should be sued. Just my opinion. Not hating on the guy but he is very disrespectful.
MadMen  +   371d ago
Reaching for Straws Guys

Who gives 2 $hits who is invited, they are allowed to invite who they want, and if you arent fond of the taste, do not attend nor watch nor buy.

That Easy.

I have no issue with this company, get on with your life.
TemplarDante  +   371d ago
I SO fucking hate this guy. Why would they hire a chav like that? The woman he insulted shouldve given him five across the lip yeah. Mightve fixed his face a bit too.
All in all his fans are 13yr old, MS target demographics as of late too.
KillrateOmega  +   371d ago
What kind of losers actually like KSI? He's a misogynistic piece of ****.

I know the whole sexism thing gets thrown around a lot, but seriously, watch the video the majiebeast linked in one of his posts above. The title says 'awkward', but I believe that 'horrifying' would be a more suitable replacement.

I sincerely hope that someone knocks this dude out.
#14 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
halocursed  +   371d ago
KSI has censored the video.
Awaiser  +   371d ago
Yes Ksi has got the video taken down.
LoveSpuds  +   371d ago
I often feel that we are becoming to precious with regard to political correctness however this guy is a complete scum bag.

As far as I am concerned MS really have made an awful decision by inviting this piece of shit to their event.

The content in that video goes far beyond misogyny and sexism and in my opinion is just plain ugly and unacceptable. Microsoft really should be taken to task about this very poor decision!

Quite why they would want to be associated with such an ugly example of a human being is beyond me.
Rattlehead20   371d ago | Bad language | show
TenBensons  +   371d ago
Updated link after copyright claim. http://www.youtube.com/watc...
cell989  +   371d ago
KSI is one big fa**ot if I ever run into him in the UK, Im gonna beat his ass. He actually thinks he's smooth with the girls by putting them in such awkward moments. Im surprised he hasnt been sued yet or stabbed for that matter. The worst part is the idiots that encourage him to be the way he is, all those followers in his channel think its all fun and games. How would you like it if he approached your sister, mother or girlfriend with such disrespect. Man this idiot really pisses me off.
SegaGamer  +   371d ago
By saying that this makes you worse. Pathetic.
sourav93  +   371d ago
Are you KSI's PR manager or something? All you've done in this thread is defended him. I guess you're fine with the way he works then. Can you please PM me your mom's phone number so I can call and ask her why she isn't fingering herself? Cheers.
cell989  +   371d ago
you defending him gives him more reason to continue being a total jackass to women, nice going SEGA
SegaGamer  +   371d ago
@sourav93

I made 2 comments. I don't know what the hell you are on about.

I just think this guy is being a bit of a dick. People say his point is that he doesn't think people like KSI should be promoting Xbox One, that sounds fair enough.......but why does he spend 6 or 7 minutes of the video slandering KSI ? it's like he has used this opportunity to have a go at someone he has hated for some time.

Beyond Skyrim Mod - High Rock Province Showcased

12m ago - A couple of days ago, some images from this project’s High Rock Province were shared, showcasing... | PC

Extensive Update For Red Bull Racers On iOS And Android

13m ago - Red Bull Racers, the free racing game from Red Bull Media House and Bongfish, is getting an exten... | iPhone

New Rodea: The Sky Soldier screenshots and art

14m ago - Kadokawa released new screens and art from the Wii U/3DS exclusive Rodea: The Sky Soldier. | Wii U

Tales from the Borderlands Ep. 1: Zer0 Sum Review – No Rest for the Wicked - PSLS

15m ago - "Is it Telltale? Or is it Borderlands? It’s always an exciting opportunity to get to see a crosso... | PC

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

The Black Friday Sale for the Bungiestore has begun

16m ago - Bungie just posted a message that their Black Friday sale has begun, with storewide 20% discount.... | Industry