Submitted by shinobi602 435d ago | news

EA COO Peter Moore says Battlefield 4 issues on PS4 "aren't true"

EA COO Peter Moore claims Battlefield 4 issues on the PS4 are untrue, despite mounting issues and crashes from owners of the game. (Battlefield 4, EA, Next-Gen, PS4)

Credit url: pixelenemy.com
malokevi  +   435d ago
I really hope this isn't true when I get my copy for Xbox on Friday, as I intend to play all weekend...
Lukas_Japonicus  +   435d ago
Sigh...is it me or do big companies have a really bad problem with admitting to mistakes and taking responsibility? It makes me sick, they are never in the wrong in their eyes.

You rushed your game, its buggy....just accept that. Go to YouTube Mr.Moore and see for yourself but remember to take off your $-$ goggles first.

You expect us to pay £40/$60, then when we complain that there are problems you downright deny them while counting our money. As if i needed another reason to hate EA.

@malokevi

Lmao, i was just replying to you seeing as yours is the top comment, not you directly.....unless you are Peter Moore!?
#1.1 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(37) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
malokevi  +   435d ago
...???

I didn't make BF4, in case you somehow thought that was the case.
aiBreeze  +   435d ago
He will then hold up in his hands in innocent protest and blame their choice of cover athletes and their pro gay stance as to why they will win the consumerist's worst company in America 2014 award.
AlexanderNevermind  +   435d ago
The game is broken for me. I just within the past 24 hrs can access Rush games, which crash without warning still. I cannot access the conquest game modes. I'm willing to give them time as I have no other choice at this point.
RumbleFish  +   435d ago
STFU! Fix the PC version! Sons of b!tches!!!
OlgerO  +   435d ago
Electronic Farts.
GTgamer  +   435d ago
It has problems on PS4/PC/PS3/360 so EA its all on you.
RegorL  +   435d ago
PS3 is the only one on that list I have run
_I_ haven't had any problem.

Is it a specific game mode?
NarooN  +   435d ago
It's obvious the game was rushed out. Even when it finally hit retail, the game was almost unplayable on PC, despite DICE claiming that the feedback from the beta would make the final game much better.
NeoTribe  +   435d ago
All I know is its been running horrible on ps4 since I got it. Losing connection to the server constantly, corrupting single player save files twice, and conquest mode purely not working. bastards ruined my console launch.
malokevi  +   435d ago
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. BF4 is my most anticipated atm. I feel for u dude.
JVIV  +   435d ago
my campaign game save was last 5 times on my ps4
Neonridr  +   435d ago
"Peter are there problems with BF4 on the PS4?"

"No, completely untrue."

"What about all these videos and crashes we have showing users unable to play?"

"Well you see it's complicated...... SQUIRREL!" (takes off running)
#2 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(45) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
boeso  +   435d ago
(takes off running, with a bag of money)
MizTv  +   435d ago
lol yes there are problems
The only game mode I can get into in tdm
And all my sp saves are gone
I know it will be fixed soon but please ea needs to stop pretending it's fine
#2.2 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
UnholyLight  +   435d ago
I refuse to play BF4 again til it is updated.

I was two levels or so from being done the campaign and it had already frozen a couple times but this time "The memory file has been corrupted" or something like that.

YAY now I have to start all over. WTF

Plus I can't even get into a multiplayer match
captain_slow82  +   435d ago
that that made me laugh so very true lol
Neonridr  +   435d ago
thank you for helping tell my little story..

bubbles for you ;)
Godmars290  +   435d ago
Never a good thing when a company boss says nothing is wrong, while customers who bought his company's product says that there is.

At worse its going to make his products less popular.
solidjun5  +   435d ago
I guess he's saving a spot in his trophy case for the pending "Worst Company In the World" award.
cyhm3112  +   435d ago
i bet it is related to xbone, u know what?
ZeroX9876  +   435d ago
Nope, been crashing on my PC a lot and I'm running it at Ultra 60fps 1080p, so yes there is issues with BF4, not the PS4 and neither the X1 (just assuming for the X1)
cyhm3112  +   435d ago
what I meant was someone made up this to hurt PS4, and that person must be on the xbox's side.
famoussasjohn  +   435d ago
My buddy has had the game crash a few times on his PS4 and puts him back to the main menu for the PS4. A Youtuber that I follow on twitter said he was having issues with corruption of his gamesaves every time he turns off his console.
Stuntz  +   435d ago
Cod is king
dcj0524  +   435d ago
King of recycling
ifistbrowni  +   435d ago
both of you get a bubble up for being funny. That includes your troll comment stuntz, because i know you can't be serious. Ghost is a pile of shit.
MaverickStar7  +   435d ago
I still have not been able to get into a BF4 multiplayer match. And the campaign has cut out a few times for the CE-34878 error. I had no problems with COD or NFS or being online in general except for launch night. All my problems come from EA games and connecting to their servers. Madden and Fifa finally came around, but not Battlefield.
KwietStorm  +   435d ago
Well technically he's being honest. BF4 has issues on PS3, Xbox 360, PC, AND PS4. It's all in the details.
famoussasjohn  +   435d ago
I wouldn't be surprised that Xbox One will be added to that list. The game overall is in need of some patches and doubt the Xbox One would be fine lol. Guess I'll find out on Friday when I get them both.
#7.1 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BattleTorn  +   435d ago
FO Peter!

I know damn well that my PS4 has BF4 crash in the main menu!
PR_FROM_OHIO  +   435d ago
Sorry, Peter no one believes you!!!! BF4 was clearly rushed to try to beat Cod this holiday and guess what? It backfired bc the game is almost unplayable and still got crushed by COD in sales once again lol!!!
Rask  +   435d ago
EA lying, as usual.
Deividas  +   435d ago
I have heard about all the problems but mine hasnt crashed once yet...I cant get into a conquest game but thats already being worked on. But for the crashing issue, I personally have not experienced that yet.
310dodo  +   435d ago
Everyones going to hate this statement but as a owner of a PS4 and someone who actually plays PS4...

Ghost on PS4 has surprised/impressed me way more then Battlefield 4.

Battlefield 4 feels rushed. games crash often, and I already maxed out 2 classes. I wish they waited at least 5 years for BF4 from BF3
#12 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
aiBreeze  +   435d ago
Despite all the crashes and having tried to play Ghosts, I still find Battlefield more fun. Every time I blow a wall away from some camper, I get flashbacks of Black Ops and MW2 where some lame camper would just sit there and pick people off all match. One of the most satisfying feelings I've had on an FPS game in a good while.
310dodo  +   435d ago
I love Battlefield series.
Battlefield 3 destroyed MW3 in every way

Ghost for me has been a more pleasant experience so far' but its awesome your loving BF4
Hicken  +   435d ago
Frankly, I'm surprised at this. I'd always seen Battlefield as the better product. More polished, more content, etc.

But with this entry, they're proving to have tossed all that out the window. Even though Call of Duty is the same old thing, it's at least not dealing with the issues that plague BF4 right now.

For Peter Moore to come out and say there are no issues when there clearly are... that's a problem. And a big one.
JessiePinkmanYo  +   435d ago
I was gonna get BF4 for X1, but if he's gonna deny that there are issues on PS4, I won't bother. I've seen too many gamers claim that there are issues. Not only that, EA stated last week that it was PS4s problem for crashing, then they delete that statement? So which is it? I've been playing AC4 for days on PS4, and everyone else with other titles report no problems, only BF4
SolidDuck  +   435d ago
90 percent of the time bf4 on ps4 is an amazing experience. The other 10 percent is a F ing mess. Being booted, conquest doesn't work at all. And how the hell! did they release this game without a party system. And no party is for all platforms. Needs an update bad!!!
sAVAge_bEaST  +   435d ago
Still waiting to play Conquest.. Still. Waiting......

We are Beta Testing BF4, next gen... currently.

(Just joined a server, hopefully it lasts. Error -2min. later.. Get your sh!t together EA..)
#15 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AllroundGamer  +   435d ago
BF4 is crap on every platform don't worry... (trying to play on PC) no money from me next time DICE, hope you'll bankrupt.
#15.1 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
dcj0524  +   435d ago
To wish bankruptcy on someone is terrible. EA bought DICE so DICE can have money to expand their games. Being EA's property since 2006 they must abide by EA's stupid choices. That means if EA wants DICE to release before Call of Ghost NO MATTER WHAT well then guess what. They got to do it.
AllroundGamer  +   435d ago
dcj0524 they showed their programming skills with BF3, where the bugfixing was also terrible. Launch issues are one thing, but they have problems fixing bugs through the whole lifespan of their games, in which you can't blame EA, but DICE.
Zancruz  +   435d ago
That's funny Killzone plays great Battlefield 4 don't, I even loss my campaign save file for BF4... Yeah it's the PS4, Right Moore? Mr. Ex-Xbox big wig starting to make me wonder IF he's still not working for Microsoft with all thoses one side Xbox deals.
DigitalRaptor  +   435d ago
Yep, precisely.

Killzone plays great online and is truly awesome. If the journalists would have actually played the online multiplayer for it, they would have been able to report this to the gaming masses. But confusingly, they left it out of their reviews, for the most part.

Did any other next-gen game receive this horrible treatment form the press?
#16.1 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mochachino  +   435d ago
I can't get online on PS4. Every other game works fine.
cactusjack  +   435d ago
the error codes are a figment of your imagination. "these are not the errors your looking for"
OMNlPOTENT  +   435d ago
I can't get in a match most of the time and the other half I get an error and it boots me to the menu of the ps4... You don't want to be the most hated company in the U.S? Fix your shit and don't lie! I love Dice but EA is terrible.
Gamer666  +   435d ago
I think EA has just topped MS on worst publicity and marketing efforts this year.

Wasn't Moore behind denying X360 RRoD issues last gen as well?
ExPresident  +   435d ago
I can't play it all without getting errored out of the game. No other game on the PS4 is doing this to me. Fuck you Peter Moore.
Master-H  +   435d ago
I see EA is going for that Worst Company award this year too..
SillyBastid  +   435d ago
errrr excuse me? No Issues? PS3 has been more stable, but lost my single player campaign save on that platform.

PS4 has been a nightmare, constant multiplayer matches are crashing, rarely can connect; havent gotten into one conquest game
ninjagoat  +   435d ago
Taking what he said out off context a bit this website. Another hit maker tbh :/. There is plenty playing the game yeah it needs patching but that's accountable every where conquest and Rush are the affected gametypes on console atm.

On pc anything to do with levolution lol :D kills the sound crashes servers drops you outta game etc. But one thing that Dice as proved in the past they can fix these issues and always do.

We are long past games being smooth running from day one that's a thing off the past. Want that get an N64. We pay into betas now a days that improve as the months go on as long as the devs can be arsed to work on them and that's just the way it is.

If your willing to pay $60 a game you have to pout up with it. That's today's gaming experience I'm afraid some get it better than others.

Go on twitch and you will find people playing on these servers i don't think Moore meant there was no issues at all i think its more the issues are in hand.

Dice are good with there patching imo.
JeromeNtheHouse  +   435d ago
Fuck outta here!!!

I've been having nothing BUT issues on BF4 for the PS4. Not to ment- oh wait... nevermind. Peter Moore said they're AREN'T issues, so I guess he's right and I'm wrong.
#25 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Forward To The Sky Interview: The Passion Project Of A Group Of Anime Fans

8m ago - Siliconera talks to the founder of AnimuGame, about their love for anime and how this led to the... | PC

10 Worst Wii U Games So Far

8m ago - While Wii U does have some great games that are totally worth your time, its game library is far... | Wii U

Should the Local MOBA Scene Diversify?

8m ago - The MOBA scene is a vast one, with quite a few decent alternatives if the most popular games are... | PC

10 Best Moments In The Last Of Us

8m ago - As anybody who has played the title knows, The Last of Us delivers moment after memorable moment... | PS3

Grand Theft Auto V (XB1) Review

Now - Ken returns to Los Santos and gets lost in its world again. | Promoted post

Prison Architect has sold over a million copies, will leave Early Access in 2015

9m ago - The gaol-building strategy game is currently available in alpha on Steam as an Early Access title... | PC