Submitted by Abriael 505d ago | image

PS4/Vita Remote Play: Two Pics and a Video of Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV and Need For Speed

Want to see more on how remote play between PS4 and PS Vita looks like? Here’s how Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed 4 and Need for Speed: Rivals look like. (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Need For Speed: Rivals, PS Vita, PS4)

Attached Video
Snookies12  +   505d ago
Is the TV showing the footage of the Vita playing? I did not know it could do that. Kinda awesome.
#1 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(22) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   505d ago
In this case it's single player. Same footage. It's the beginning of the SP campaign.

In the case of NFS it's multiplayer.

AC4 is single player too.
#1.1 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KUV1977  +   505d ago
So NFS multiplayer is powered for two players by onw ps4, displaying one screen on the tv and the other on the VITA?
Abriael  +   505d ago
@KUV1977: that's correct.
KUV1977  +   505d ago
Then it is not just correct but also awesome.
Mr_cheese  +   505d ago
That is great! I love the fact that you can play vs split screen without having to see the other player now!
Eonjay  +   505d ago
Awesome!
Nice post!
minimur12  +   505d ago
I think it's so you can play muiltiplayer, like on Knack for example
iJihaD  +   504d ago
Is it me or the footage has a huge lag? notice once he press the L1 to aim and R1 to shoot with the aiming in screen. :\ Too much!
GribbleGrunger  +   505d ago
If anyone wants a list of PS4 games that use this feature and want to take full advantage of it, simply write down every single PS4 games and strike out those that rely on the camera and the MOVE.
badz149  +   505d ago
PS4 games has the best console version of Multiplats and Remote Play! it's like Crossbuy for all games!
Mikelarry  +   505d ago
this will be my most used feature of the ps4/ vita. who is with me suffering through " darling xfactor is on tv, can we watch it" even though she has her 27 inch tv apparently there nothing like watching people mysery on a 50inch tv to get the extra pixel of tears
#2 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Lukas_Japonicus  +   505d ago
"apparently there nothing like watching people mysery on a 50inch tv to get the extra pixel of tears"

Lmao, +funny for making me laugh, so true. Why people spend hundreds or thousands on TVs just to watch Xfactor is beyond me. Yeah, this feature really is a saving grace for some people. I seriously think this is the best and most underrated feature of both next gen consoles.
#2.1 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RedHawk02  +   505d ago
Honestly, remote play looks flawless and sexy.
Sony: We have remote play.
Microsoft: Oh yeah, well we have awesome voice commands.
Customer: Talk to a box or play PS4 games on my PS Vita while taking a crap. This one's a no-brainer.
Microsoft: Well, Kinect can spy on you while you're doing your business.
Customer: Thanks, I've been dying for that feature.
n4gamingm  +   505d ago
remote play is pretty sick, but not everyone wants to buy a vita on top of a ps4 just do that.
just me but i rather use the ds4 for battlefield 4 i suck at handheld with my giraffe fingers lol
Lukas_Japonicus  +   505d ago
Haha "giraffe fingers", i have long fingers too, the Vita is a pain to hold.
Protagonist  +   505d ago
@n4gamingm

True; "not everyone wants to buy a vita on top of a ps4 just do that"

But for us who already owns a PS Vita and getting the PS4, this is pure bliss.
RedHawk02  +   505d ago
I agree. Of course not everyone is going to buy one. But I have a Vita already and LOVE this feature. I'm sure Sony will bundle Vita with PS4 in the near future.
farhad2k8  +   505d ago
@n4ggamingm Just saying, but a PS4 plus a second hand PS VITA is still cheaper than the XB1. Plus you don't even have to buy a game, you can play a ton of free to play games including Warframe, Planetside 2 etc.
MusicComposer  +   505d ago
This sorta defeats the purpose but you can also use the Vita as just a remote play screen and then use a dualshock 4 to control it. Though you must stay within range of the PS4 to use the controller.
jon1234  +   505d ago
I really really REALLY hope you can play multiplayer through remote play for battlefield, if you can, its gonna be SOOOO cool playing it while i wait for class outside in the fresh air! :D
Pixel_Enemy  +   505d ago
They say it's recommended to play while at home on your same connection as the PS4 but I plan to try this out and about too. I can tether my phone's 4G that has awesome speeds and have my PS4 plugged into my router to eliminate wifi slowdown. Fingers crossed it works enough to play.
boeso  +   505d ago
That thought of being able to sit comfortably in bed with the lights off on a portable device and play console games is i n c r e d i b l e
#5 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Summons75  +   505d ago
That's awesome but Sony promised remote play for most Ps3 games on vita and that never happened. I also think the second screen with vita is a bit of a stretch considering vita install base is small and it's 300 bucks to get an additional experience...I don't think it will be very big and devs will drop it after a couple years like they did with the Ps3 remote play on psp, the sixaxis, and the 7 player controller option =/
staticdash22  +   505d ago
Ps3 wasn't made for remote play. It's software enable. In this case, remote play is done at the OS level, meaning that the hardware supports it, so it should be seamless.
Abriael  +   505d ago
They already said quite clearly that ALL games that don't use special controls like cameras will feature remote play.
ctorretta  +   505d ago
300 dollars? How? You can get a vita for under 200 now.

Also, like others said -- the PS3 wasn't built for RP, but the PS4 is. Dedicated hardware chip for video streaming (which is how remote play works) means it is a default feature for PS4 games, devs don't have to program for it.
iceman06  +   505d ago
I understand being hesitant about it, considering the PS3. But, the PS4 was designed with this in mind. Whereas, the PS3 made it something optional for developers to do. In the end, on PS4, the devs really only have to map controls. So, it's a virtual mandate from Sony that all games that can use remote play will. (excluding camera and motion games)
WeAreLegion  +   505d ago
Killzone: Mercenary looks so incredible, it has led a couple of my friends to buy Vitas. Just imagine how many people will get one when they see Killzone: Shadow Fall on it. ;)
imt558  +   505d ago
Agree! Huge generetion leap when KZ : SF played on PSV, he, he. :-D But remote play is awesome.
cell989  +   505d ago
Ive been a fan of Remote Play since I first tried it with Pixel Junk Eden and God Of War collection. It has always been a very underrated feature, granted with the PSP is was a little more laggy and the setup was a little more confusing. The vita was definitely designed around this awesome feature, the PS4 and Vita do really go hand in hand, the perfect team-up. Eventually this will be a standard feature on all consoles, be it via tablet, handheld or cellphone.
boeso  +   505d ago
I would love that too, but I don't see how a tablet using one button (touch screen) could take the place of a DS4. Unless they release controller/grip ad-ons which hook into the tablets usb.
cell989  +   505d ago
really good idea actually, I know its still a little far fetched but I use to think like that when I first heard of remote play years ago.
SpinalRemains138  +   505d ago
Badass
DanielGearSolid  +   505d ago
Ok thinking about it, cool feature.

Actually seeing it in action, Badass
LEOPARD1030  +   505d ago
WOW this is impressive !
theXtReMe1  +   505d ago
This feature is going to get unlimited hours of use from me. Which is why I'm going mostly digital this generation with my PlayStation 4 games. That way I have access to my entire collection when I'm on the road. Of course it will be limited by how fast Internet speed is wherever I am, but I have 4G and most places I go have fairly fast Internet. So I should be able to stream games fairly decently. I will let everyone know how decently come the end of this month, when my wife and I go to Disney for a few weeks.

And before anyone else asks, yes they did confirm Internet streaming from the PlayStation 4 to the Vita. It's all dependent on how fast your Internet connection is as to how well it works. 3G will not work, 4G will. Sony hasnt said how fast home Internet speeds need to be to stream consistently. I imagine it would probably be 3 Mb down and one up, minimum. But I'm covered either way. My wife and I have 100Mb down and 20 Mb up with our Internet service. So streaming from my home isn't going to be an issue, it's going to be wherever I am and how fast their speed is, that could be.

Regardless, it's a great feature and I cannot wait to use it. I imagine I'm going to play Assassins Creed while I'm down at Disney and possibly beat it, when we have downtime. Which is generally at night after we come home from the parks.
George Sears  +   505d ago
What about the Antonio Banderas Inception game?

Related image(s)
GdaTyler  +   505d ago
Do you mean this image?

bc3  +   505d ago
So can someone explain how remote play works? Like to have a second screen, the PS4 has to render the game twice, right? So are the graphics settings lowered to compensate for the fact that it has to render the game twice?
#14 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
YoungPlex  +   505d ago
I so happy for this feature and can't wait to use it! Question, did anyone else notice the lag from the gunshots?
Sevir  +   505d ago
Yeah, certain Games allow you to do multiplayer/coop with remote play!... NFS does this with Multiplayer, and Knack does remote play as well as Coop via remote play! its a fantastic and awesome innovation that Sony has built into the PS4 on a system level with Gaikais Streaming tech! I'm so glad that devs can implement this so well and fast... Ubisoft said they took 3 days to get the feature up and running on the Vita, so I EA Ghost studios, Said they added the feature just days after the game went gold, They found it was so simple. So its pretty awesome, PSVitas immediately have a huge line up of games thanks to remote play on PS4
Sci0n  +   505d ago
my wife likes racing games so I may now pick up NFS so we can play together with me using the vita and her using the DS4 and the big screen tv
bleedsoe9mm  +   505d ago
bf4 looks so laggy its not playable , hopefully better at home and not in a hotel room , probably not as big an issue in other gaming types
#17 (Edited 505d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DEEBO  +   505d ago
The best next generation feature.local co-op will spit the game between the t.v and vita.
Sci0n  +   505d ago
Guys should I buy the stand for my PS4 or do you think it can stand up well without it?
HaveAsandwich  +   504d ago
i say get it, if you have the extra cash.
Kidmyst  +   505d ago
So can't wait for this functionality.

The Talos Principle now has a Serious Sam voice pack - get it free for a week

7m ago - Dealspwn reports: "The Talos Principle is one of last year's best puzzlers, an unlikely fusion of... | PC

Halo 5: Guardians Theory Has Some Big Implications

16m ago - Halo 5: Guardians will be hitting store shelves on October 27, 2015. This was revealed just a cou... | Xbox One

Visit CGMagazine: The Culture of Games

Now - CGM is for the mature audience of comics and games that wants more out of their media than just a review score. | Promoted post

What Should We Expect from Tonight’s Nintendo Direct?

16m ago - Nintendo announced earlier today that a new Nintendo Direct would be airing tonight at 22:00 GMT... | Wii U

The Top Xbox One Games To Look Forward To

17m ago - If you needed a reason to buy an Xbox One or are searching for information about games that won’t... | Xbox One

Steam Weeklong Deals recommendations: 3/31/15

38m ago - Marcus Estrada at G4@Syfygames writes: "Steam is the dominant force in PC-based digital game d... | PC