Submitted by Abriael 275d ago | video

Video Shows Xbox One Startup Setup Screen, a Glimpse on the UI, Endless Connection Loop

A new video has surfaced showing an Xbox Unit stuck in an endless connection loop and rebooting a couple times.

What's more relevant is that thanks to the reboots it shows the startup setup screen (where you select language and location) and a glimpse on the ui.

The connection loop should not be taken as a hint of a widespread problem, as it could be caused by a wide variety of external elements independent from the unit itself. On the other hand, if you don't wanna wait for all the loading, the post also includes screenshots of the most relevant UI elements. (Xbox One)

Attached Video
Septic  +   275d ago
This is kind of similar to what I experienced at Gamescom.

Whilst we were doing an interview with Yannick Boucher from Crytek, the X1 failed and it took them a while to sort the problem out. It appeared that they were trying to synch two X1's together for co-op play.

They did say it was all work in progress yadda yadda but yeah.
Abriael  +   275d ago
Yeah it seems that's what it is. The nearby console also pauses waiting for the other player.

Nothing I'd consider a widespread problem though. The UI glimpses are more interesting, for what I'm concerned.
pixelsword  +   275d ago
It is interesting, but I also wanna know why MS are not addressing theoe issues publicly.

It seems that the xbone has a few skeletons in it's closet.
badboy776  +   275d ago | Funny
I got 99 Problems and a Xbox One!
#1.1.2 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(30) | Disagree(7) | Report
nnotdead  +   275d ago
@pixelsword

i would guess that the X1 is still a work in progress, and will be for the next few years. Just like the PS3 and 360 had many changes to their OS, so will the PS4 and X1. MS believes that the issues they may be having now can be worked out before launch or shortly after.
NewMonday  +   274d ago
@Abriael

according to multiple sources that keep increasing it IS a widespread problem, and according to them it could take months to fix
pixelsword  +   274d ago
nnotdead:

True.

Nowadays patching is the natural way of things, and since electronics are becoming more complex, patching will become more and more common. I have no problem with that as a matter of cause.

I don't have to tell you how Warhawk or Socom: Confrontation was a buggy mess before it was patched (or maybe I do if you've never played them.)

I just want to know how much patching will have to be done on either console, and how much space will it take on the drive.

The way I see it, the patch is usually bigger when it has to fix more mistakes, and in the age of 30+ gig installs, I don't want to have to replace or supplement a drive unless I have to, especially after I drop 400-500 dollars on a console.

By at least addressing a patch that may or may not be implemeted, MS will be calming down a lot of people who may be concerned about getting a console that will be full of bugs that may or may not get patched "if enough people complain about it" like the whole "always on/DRM" fiasco.

That would be cool of MS if they just confirm what is actually going on. Having a guy say that their turn would be over if used the guide button at a demonstration pretty much adds a lot of fuel to the fire about having a incomplete OS.

Nobody's perfect, but instead of hiding or pointing a finger at someone else, just saying "hey, it's not perfect, and we know it, and we'll fix it... we got your back Xbone fans" will restore a lot of consumer confidence. Sony didn't lose any consumer confidence when they talked about a patch, and I don't think MS will lose any either.
Withdreday  +   274d ago
Xbox DONE!!!
nukeitall  +   275d ago
Well, what do you expect?

MS and Sony are all running pre-final software and most likely months old code, because nobody has time to update these demo machines. The OS loaded onto it is likely just a small portion of it to run mainly the game and probably lacks all sorts of things independent.

What is more interresting is, if supposed "journalists" keep focusing on the wrongs, console manufacturers and video game developers will start clamping down on what they say, and will most likely only give you PR lines.

Stop focusing on these things and do get some real news. Like those guys at Eurogamer has been posting quality articles for a while now. Dualshockers on the other hand is very much a hit seeking site.
#1.2 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(23) | Disagree(19) | Report | Reply
malokevi  +   275d ago
I expect nothing short of perfection, otherwise I'll make a big stink all over the internet, cancel my console preorders, jump into a bottomless chasm.

Seriously, though, really no need to get all hot and bothered over this. Plenty of videos have surfaced of both consoles encountering issues at some point. These things happen. Launch units will be hunky-dory.
VENOMACR1227  +   275d ago
It's not a surprise. I'm sure Sony has had some system issues. Just that everyone is looking to bury the X1 so any dirt that surfaces instantly makes news. As long as it all works on Day 1, that's all that matters.
jgrigs09  +   275d ago
@venomacr yes Sony had their own issues. But both systems are going to have issues, they aren't using final builds
Kemistri  +   274d ago
You know what, I'm not entirely surprised of the OS issues.

Sony's system experienced a few hiccups and I was completely expecting the XB1 to have some issues.

The reason why is that the XB1 is a much more ambitious setup. Only really in the sense that it runs 3 OS's in parallel does it not? Which I personally think is overkill...

I remember thinking to myself the first time I heard that there would be 3 layers of different OS's... "good god, there's too much room for errors I bet it'll be unstable at first" - App layer, Game Layer and Hypervisor Layer.

Contrast this to a much more streamliner OS on Sony's offering which is essentially a custom FreeBSD system (at its core). Mind you, it has amazing memory management and will still have ALL of the features a gamer could want. A much better route in my opinion.

I'm sure Microsoft will iron out all the issues, at least the major show stopping ones before launch and I'm sure the majority of these have already been address with their massive Day One patch.
Withdreday  +   274d ago
Shodda bought a PS4.
showtimefolks  +   274d ago
here is hoping both consoles, have a smooth launch and gamers can enjoy their systems/games peacefully without any worries about system crashes
KNWS  +   275d ago
I'm genuinely sick of all the negative press on the web. I wish Microsoft and Sony would just be up front and tell us what the real story is with the consoles.

There is a rumor on the web from a gaming Journalist. That gaming journalists were forced to sign NDA’s and not talk about the PS4 oveheating problems.

What rumours are true and which ones are fake?
#2 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(43) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   275d ago
Food for thought: from 0 to 10, how much credibility do you give to someone that allegedly signs an NDA and then babbles?

Personally, I sign NDAs all the time (not about this), and when I do, I don't utter a word. I don't drop "hints" or "teases".

Someone that allegedly signs NDAs and then breaks them, whether explocitly or by dropping "hints" (which is even worse, as it just increases the chance for misinterpretation) isn't what I'd consider a reliable source for anything.

All those CBOATs, Famousmortimers and the like really need to learn a few lessons on ethics.
#2.1 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
black0o  +   275d ago
(Y)
JokesOnYou  +   275d ago
lol but thats just it you are believing rumors. I mean its 100% assured both will h a ve launch day problems and beyond but **most likely* nothing broken to the point where you wont get to enjoy the games. Any rumor suggesting otherwise is just inuendo and fabrication to take advantage of this as if its unheard of in this day and age with ANY electronics.
jgrigs09  +   275d ago
Wait wouldn't their be jail time in that?
stuna1  +   275d ago
So you're saying that if something is being kept a secret from you that could be potentially damaging to you physically, mentally, or financially that those who sign a NDA shouldn't have a moral responsibility to inform you!? Because if you think they don't then you have no Idea what "Ethics" are all about.

Now Abriael I ask your apology if I come off sounding arguementive or condescending that truly is not my intent! But I say this, because business law is at the moment one of my majors.
cyguration  +   274d ago
Signing NDAs to protect those Dorito and Mountain Dew benefits... Yeah I feel you.
Abriael  +   274d ago
@stuna1: The concept is simple. If you aren't able/willing to keep something confidential, you don't sign an NDA, and you give up the benefits that signing that NDA gives you.

Otherwise, you go by what you signed.

People sign NDAs to receive benefits from the information they're given. They don't do it for sport.

If they go and break those NDAs, then they already marred their credibility. if their signature is worth nothing for them, why should their word be worth anything?
PoSTedUP  +   274d ago
abriel, you answered your question. you said you dont drop "hints" or "teases", as in You dont, but as someone who signs an NDA like yourself, you Know more, hence you are already put more credible than others. im not sayin ppl wont make stuff up, bc everyone is different, but some are for the people, some just want to cause commotion; some tell the truth for many different reasons as well as abuse their power. just want you to understand that there is a very good reason why people take these guys word over others, they are credible but it varies. on a scale from one to 10 "they" (depending on the person) fall anywhere from 1 and 10. while We are pretty much a 0/10. this is actually not simple, but very complex. it has to do with the psycology of the individual, his motive, ethics, business, the source, all the other evidence that backs up his claim etc. just because he signs an NDA and spills the beans doesnt make one not credible, who and how one looks at it makes all the difference. one can argue that he is already being dishonest so 0 credibility, but just for the simple fact that he already knows more proves that he does have some credibility (keep in mind it depends on the person). or one can argue what Stuna is saying that some people who sign an NDA are "for the people". there are many circumstances and different situations.

to elaborate on this video, this does back up what a lot of people are saying about the OS not functioning properly. well have to wait and see bc i doubt MS will speak on it which they already dodged the question (slightly more evidence to back up these rumors, if that). thats all im gonna say.
grassyknoll  +   275d ago
It's hilarious that you hate rumours, then contribute to the forum by creating a false one.
falviousuk  +   275d ago
All the negative xbox rumours are TRUE, and all the negative PS4 rumours are FALSE.

That should cover you for N4G
black0o  +   275d ago
take it easy
Lalanana  +   275d ago
Lol. nice one
Xsilver  +   275d ago
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-co... awww you poor thing i got ya shhshh there there sliva's got ya now
christocolus  +   275d ago
@falviousk

dude.......lmao.
boeso  +   275d ago
D-E-N-I-A-L

Denial, in ordinary English usage, is asserting that a statement or allegation is not true.[1] The same word, and also abnegation, is used for a psychological defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. (Wiki)
Death  +   275d ago
Here's the thing. If Microsoft or Sony come forward to address one rumor, the internet explodes and the statement is twisted to the point it needs addressed again. It creates nothing but headaches that never go away. As for some of the features people want to see to prove they work, many of these things are under NDA and will be revealed closer to launch. One of the reasons for this is some media outlets do get exclusives for this information.

Abrial is absolutely correct. If this information is protected with an NDA, how much can you trust fron these "inside" sources that do not actually have access to the information? If they are indeed breaking NDA, they are not credible sources in the first place. It's unlikely anyone that ignores their NDA are around long enough to actually have inside information.
falviousuk  +   275d ago
The problem is that there is a new rumour popping up everyday, i think these companies have more to contend with that debunking every crackpot rumour that these kiddies make up.

The best bet is to just get on with their respective launches, only a few weeks away, and then people will be playing the games that they want to play while the fanboys will still be here going on about the stupidest issues. They arent gamers, they just want to piss about.
Ju  +   274d ago
"closer to launch"...how much is closer to launch? We are 3 and 4 weeks from release...how much closer are we getting?
Bigpappy  +   275d ago
What smart business person would pay someone to search the internet to try and answer every rumor, knowing that that there would be now way possible to keep up. There are just way more M$ haters than there are employees. Plus when they do give a response to any of them, you have the Sony crowd jumping in to call them liars and taking what they say and spinning it to another rumor.

The best way to deal with rumors is to do what they are doing with the hands on events, setup Kiosk, and release good working consoles on the scheduled date.

Oh, didn't realize falviousuk covered this so well already. What he said is spot on.
#2.5 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Xsilver  +   275d ago
That dude looks so depressed :( he just got up like screw this sh@t.
#3 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   275d ago
Looks like an issue with the OS.

Hmm maybe CBOATs comments does have some truth to them.

I hope it isn't a widespread issue because it would suck if thousands of Xbox fans get stuck with a dead console.

Nexus 7 2013
falviousuk  +   275d ago | Well said
yet strangely enough the other gaming sessions are working nicely on that very same event.

You or I dont know what is wrong with that particular game, it could be setup wrong, cabling issue or a number of other issues, but yes you go with the faulty OS one as it suits your agenda
#4.1 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   275d ago
You, sir, get a "well said" bubble.
MasterCornholio  +   275d ago
Well it isn't running the latest system software so maybe some bad code caused it to go into a loop. Anyways if you weren't blind you would see that both systems had issues because they were running on unfinalized software. Seriously I only mentioned CBOAT because his rumors are about issues with the operating system and I thought that what happened to the system were bugs in the OS.

Anyways once the two consoles are out we can put the hardware and software under a microscope and see what's wrong with this.

Jeez everyone is so paranoid in N4G lately.

Nexus 7 2013
jackanderson1985  +   275d ago
Shit happens. The PS4 had an overheating issue and a response issue at TGS. They're demo consoles they're going to break
sAVAge_bEaST  +   275d ago
Infinite (Power?) or Load Screen. -jk. not really.
#6 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
strigoi814  +   275d ago
xbox one..one at a time so just be patient, just let me figure out how can i start up then we connect you to the cloudz
RAGE91  +   275d ago
This "Powa of teh cloudz" Still a thing?
sAVAge_bEaST  +   275d ago
Infinite Powa of the Load Screen- is the new meme.
Clarence  +   275d ago
Oh boy here we go.
BattleTorn  +   275d ago
I made this happen at a Xbox One kiosk by attempting to "Sign In" - after the spokemen specifically told me "don't try that"

I just laughed, and said 'I wanted to see what happened'

then we continued talking about X1 games I'm looking forward to, what I liked about the controller.
Until his supervisor came over and was like "WHY ISN'T THE DEMO RUNNING" (with a scornful look towards the guy talking to me)

I had to defend him, and say "Hey, it was me, i tried to login, he told me not to"
Then he said "well, whats the matter then?"

I said "nothing, *clicked the home button, scrolled to Forza* *click* <<Forza 5 demo starts up>>"

then he walked away.

I actually appreciated the first spokemen not intervening with me trying to "test out" the Dev kit OS.
#9 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Sitdown  +   275d ago
Haha...I was doing something similar, but not necessarily trying to be a rebel, I just wanted to change my controller layout in Killer Instinct......which by the way would not allow you to. I have to admit, even though the functions might be the same, I am going to miss the "start" button.
Dlacy13g  +   275d ago
No doubt MS and its managers/supervisors of the demo's are on edge of late. Can't blame them really.
BattleTorn  +   275d ago
Totally!

Cause I was talking nothing but praise about the brand, and how awesome the new controller is.. but the supervisor just happened to over hear my only negative question regarding Kinect voice detection with two gamertags in the same room.

My question was, if my friends and I are both on seperate X1's in the same room, will the two systems be able to detect who's voice is whos. And poperly only have one system, and it's own voice, work in party chat - with the other player in the same room.

They were kinda stumped, but said 'Xbox One has voice recongition, it'll know who's who, and who's signed in on which system'

it was just incredible unfortunite that the supervisor totally only overheard the one negative question I had brought up, and he kinda got defensive - as if I was trying to set up some sort of "GOTCHA"/"X1 doesn't work in THIS scenario" moment
#9.2.1 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
4logpc  +   275d ago
Dualshockers should try posting real news. This attack on anything Xbox One does is becoming extremely boring.
Abriael  +   275d ago
Where exactly do you see an attack on Xbox One?
lifeisgamesok  +   275d ago
CBOAT did this. We'll find you Lol

But in all seriousness I doubt there would be major problems
sigfredod  +   275d ago
And this is why i don't like the MS initial DRM don't want to go 100% digital and 100% online, never is going to be as stable as an offline console, i hope on the future we still have traditional consoles
Mega24  +   274d ago
Adapt or die bro, adapt or die.
cyguration  +   274d ago
I think you meant to say "Skate or Die", bro, "Skate or Die".

That was a good game, by the way.
Dlacy13g  +   275d ago
reminds me of the video of the PS4 that the japanese reporter was trying to play on and it was just stuck frozen not responding to anything. Basically, you will see bugs like this perk up from time to time, especially pre-launch.
jgrigs09  +   275d ago
I expected this from both consoles. Aren't they both using old unfinished Xbox's and PS4 or of some sort?
RAGE91  +   275d ago
Far as Im aware they are. The demo consoles have been out for some time before production line started. So they will be unfinished consoles and OS Code on both PS4 and Xbox
BattleTorn  +   275d ago
Demo systems for both are running on "Demo OS"

When I tried searching throught the PS4 OS, all I could get to was a "netflix" like view of the avaible demos. Pinball, Knack, Contrast, FIFA14 and OctoDAD.

I could not view the "dashboard" just like at the X1 kiosk

@5:50 mark (is what it looks like"
#14.2 (Edited 275d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SpideySpeakz  +   275d ago
4 hours later... I was able to select my country lol.
xKugo  +   274d ago
Exactly what Thuway was referring to. Glitchy OS unable to sync players, constant disconnects and reboots. Thuway and CBOAT continuing to be right about their leaks. This is just....wow.

Also should be noted that he said Smartglass is a broken mess and that eSRAM would be a life-long, unnecessary hurdle during game development. So yea...keep that in mind if you're buying Xbox One.
deadfrag  +   274d ago
Soon we all will see whos the liars its almost release day,them yes i expect to know the actuall truth.

How to play as 700 characters on GTA Online

7m ago - The single player mod that lets you play as 700 different characters in Grand Theft Auto 5 now wo... | Xbox 360

The making of Sledgehammer Games and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

9m ago - It takes an army to make a Call of Duty game. That’s why, over the past five years, Sledgehammer... | PC

Rogue Legacy (PS4) Review | WGTC

9m ago - Christian from We Got This Covered wrote: Whether or not you’re a fan of the genre, it’s impos... | PS3

Sheik Kicks Ass with a Harp in New Hyrule Warriors Trailer

10m ago - The newest trailer for Hyrule Warriors features Sheik on the battlefield, armed with her deadly a... | Wii U

Study Game Design at DeVry

Play Pool on your Android device with 8 Ball Play - The Gamer's Network

18m ago - Play Pool on your Android device with 8 Ball Play! - The Gamer's Network | Android