Tony Polanco, Rachael Murdock, Michael Crawford, Emilio Lopez, Brian Munjoma and Brett Murdock discuss what’s happened in the world of video games, pop culture and STFUandPLAY this past week.
• What makes something a “video game”: Redux.
• Follow ups: Why the PS4 costs so much in Brazil. Using real names on the PS4.
• Dualshock 4 controllers out in the wild. Compatible with PS3.
• Totalbiscuit’s incident with Wild Games Studio.
• Nintendo halts production of the Wii.
• Kojima’s talks to Famitsu about Metal Gear Solid V’s “open world”. Why Ground Zeroes is necessary.
Pop Culture news
• Tim Burton in talks to direct Beetlejuice 2.
• Beware the Batman gets unexpectedly pulled from the air.
• What is one franchise you wouldn’t mind dying or taking a long hiatus for this upcoming generation?
• Will we see more Japanese games localized via digital platforms?