Submitted by Abriael 363d ago | video

Check Out a Video of a PS4's DualShock 4 Used to Play Battlefield 3 on PS3: it Definitely Works Well

Now that the DualShock 4 is out in the wild, at least in Canada, someone already hooked it up to his PS3 and tried to play some games.

Here's a video with Battlefield 3, and it definitely looks like it's working well as soon as the player gets rolling. (Battlefield 3, PS3, PS4)

Attached Video
Alternative Sources
Lukas_Japonicus  +   363d ago
This would be so useful for people who aren't ready to make the jump to next gen and also dislike the DS3.
Abriael  +   363d ago
And how well it works. After the dude actually gets rolling, he kills stuff like a pro.
LiQuiZoN  +   363d ago
I thought this video would be lame but it was awesome, it's a example of an well crafted controller! You can see how his aiming adapted quickly. He only used it a minute. I'm very excited. Super precise and fluid.
#1.2 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
dantesparda  +   363d ago
Wait, you can use the ds4 on the ps3?
Bob Dole  +   363d ago
Looks as if you can do it wired for sure; anyone know anything about using it wirelessly?
Knushwood Butt  +   363d ago
Yeah, news to me too.

It does seem to be connected via USB cable, so maybe wired only?
#1.3.2 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Dee_91  +   362d ago
I think he said you can't use it wireless it also doesn't rumble.
Majin-vegeta  +   363d ago
I hope Sony leaves it like this and doesnt patch it.It would mean more sales for tthem.

I gotta get me one of these asap.
Abriael  +   363d ago
They literally can't patch it. It's a HID device, and that's why it's recognized automatically by PCs, and by every device that supports the standard, including the PS3.
HappyWithOneBubble  +   363d ago
So does that mean DS3 will work on PS4?
Abriael  +   363d ago
NoWayOut: unlikely, as the DS3 is NOT a HID device. It doesn't work on PC without dedicated drivers.
#2.1.2 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(2) | Report
AbortMission  +   363d ago
Wow really? Would I be able to use a DS4 with my Galaxy s4 to play games? Would be so much better
BrownLightning  +   363d ago
@abort I bet so, I mean a DS3 can be...
Lboogieskells  +   363d ago
I hope they patch it so its Bluetooth compatible.
GrandpaSnake  +   363d ago
YES and so it ends! the ds4 will claim the controller throne.
HowarthsNJ  +   363d ago
So it will only work tethered?
Abriael  +   363d ago
Yes, as the wireless tech used by PS3 and PS4 is different.
OrangePowerz  +   363d ago
I don`t think Sony said anything about the DS4 if it would use bluetooth to connect or not. Depending on that they could make it work wireless on the PS3. Given that they already said that Move controllers work on the PS4 it would appear that they use for both consoles bluetooth for controller connection.

As for the discussion further up. The DS3 wouldn`t make sense on the PS4 anyway because it lacks the extra touchpad and buttons from the clickable touchpad. Therefore the issue wouldn`t be that it wouldn`t be possible to have it connect but that it wouldn`t make sense.
MELMAN26  +   363d ago
This is a REALLY cool move by Sony....I am gonna see if I can buy one tomorrow.
swishersweets20031  +   363d ago
i might be talking out of my ass but i could see this being potential for them to make alot of money on controller sales. For those sticking with current gen for a while that want to try out the new controller could see if they like how the new sticks feel for their shooting games like this example above. I know i'll take advantage of using a ps4 controller on the ps3 just to see how it is. having different back r2 l2 buttons might make ps3 racing games more enjoyable possibly as well.
OrangePowerz  +   363d ago
If it becomes general knowledge that the controller works with the PS3 I can see them selling many controllers to PS3 users.
HighResHero  +   363d ago
It would be cool if I could use it for my PS4, PS3, Laptop, and maybe find a way to use it with my Vita, etc.
#5.1.1 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
wishingW3L  +   363d ago
I was going to buy one anyway for the PC but if it works on PS3 then OMGBBQ!
mistertwoturbo  +   363d ago
OMGBBQ indeeed
InTheZoneAC  +   363d ago
someone can't snipe...
josephayal  +   363d ago
i like it, the suspense is giving me a hernia
scott182  +   363d ago
Relax the abdominal muscles my friend, we will get our beautiful machines soon enough!
DEEBO  +   363d ago
This is really good move by sony.
selling your controllers on both systems will make a great profit.
wishingW3L  +   363d ago
yo this is huge!
Shakengandulf  +   363d ago
Hey, get ya hands off that!!
IIZANGETSUII  +   363d ago
Looks good for BF but it doesnt work with all games, for example FIFA is unplayable with DS4.
#10 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Jac5al  +   363d ago
gamingisnotacrime  +   363d ago
Please be true. I will buy a ds4 formy ps3 day one. It might be wired but I dont mind, I use wired headphones anyway
soljah  +   363d ago
if true it might end being harder to find ds4 the ps4 launch bundles. this is amazing
Jughead3416  +   363d ago
Poor guy. That's like getting a new bike for Christmas, and your parents won't let you ride it until it gets warm outside.
Convas  +   363d ago
Oh man. Right in the feels. X(

Never forget, Christmas '98.
#14.1 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Funky Town_TX  +   363d ago
I just might get me one for this, because the DS3 does not work best for me.
fghtrer3fb5erg  +   363d ago
Yeah but the bad part about it is that it only works with the usb cable plugged in, my ps3 is sitting like 4 meters from me.
TechMech2  +   363d ago
Maybe fps games will finally be fun on playstation with the new controller.
Schizoid  +   363d ago
...
#17.1 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Flutterby  +   363d ago
Trolls don't even try any more
Boody-Bandit  +   363d ago
FPS games have always been really fun on all Playstation hardware. This new controller will only add to that experience.
#17.3 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Hicken  +   363d ago
To you, perhaps. I've had more than my share of fun on Killzone, Call of Duty, and Battlefield this gen on PS3(didn't care much for Resistance or Crysis).
solidjun5  +   363d ago
Maybe you will stop bring a troll. Miracles have happened.
TENTONGUN  +   363d ago
i was a hardcore 360 fps gamer till the ps4 was announced. immediately sold my shit and picked up my dusty ds3 . after adjusting i am far better with the ds3 for fps . just sayin
#17.6 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SoulSercher620  +   363d ago
Hard to believe with all the trolling you do you even play on a PS3 at all.
TechMech2  +   362d ago
Why does everyone think I'm trolling? I hate how the sixaxis doesn't have concave analog sticks. I plan on buying a ds4 and playing Killzone 3 as soon as possible, because I don't like the sixaxis
ElementsUnknown  +   363d ago
It's too bad you can't remap the triggers to the bottom when you play on the PS3. I would love to see how easy the shooting is with the new concave triggers. I know the PS4 is default mapped to them.
#18 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NukaCola  +   363d ago
You can swap them in some games. Many titles still support R12/L2 shooting configs so now it won't be uncomfortable with devs that map controls with a 360 setup.
SignifiedSix91  +   363d ago
Am i the only one that sees input lag?
Flutterby  +   363d ago
I am pretty sure it's just you , I read your comment before watching the vid so I kept my eyes on his fingers along with the action in game and it look like no lag at all to me. You can see how there is no lag the best when he is showing himself shooting the gun , the gun shoots as soon as he presses the trigger.
SignifiedSix91  +   363d ago
I'm talking in movement. It looks like it has a slight delay, but probably because this controller isn't built around the PS3 and BF3 notoriously having input lag on the PS3 version.

Idk, might just be lag from crap youtube.
jetlian  +   363d ago
looks fake! or there is lag. the ads doesn't match up at 1 min to 1:05

in fact he doesn't let off it but the ads is changing
#20 (Edited 363d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
harbie  +   363d ago
Anyone seen any in the US?
Philaroni  +   363d ago
You know, this is kind of a random thought but I wonder how hard it will be for people to find a DS4. I mean with all the PS3s out there lets say only 10 million of them want this for PS3 but don't want a PS4 yet. I can see a massive shortage of controllers if Sony were to push this. Not sure if they will but I'd love to see a FW update that made it work better. This would be a very cool update for the PS3. I mean why not?

I'd say MS could do the same thing but it is using Wifi Direct or what ever it is called for Xbox one so I don't think it would work.
Unztayble  +   363d ago
I noticed that the Home button didn't respond. 1:16
SoulSercher620  +   363d ago
I actually noticed that too. If it truly doesn't work then I may have to reconsider getting a DS4 for my PS3. I also wonder if sixaxis works with DS4 as well.
fredrikpedersen  +   363d ago
Can you do it without the cable?
iceman06  +   362d ago
Probably not...different wireless tech between the PS3 and PS4...at least from what I have heard.
SignifiedSix91  +   362d ago
They both use Bluetooth, so i don't see why not. lol.
BattleTorn  +   362d ago
Com'on!! GTA is RIGHT THERE, show us DAT!!!
BattleTorn  +   362d ago
Geez, Jimmy Fallon was better at playing BF3 :P
Zephyrus34  +   362d ago
Any word on BF4 and Killzone being Mouse and Keyboard compatible?
zombie78rock  +   362d ago
It works on one game and how can u use start and select when the game calls for it. Oh wait D4 doesn't have start and select on the controller wont work for some game's and forget about pausing a game. by the way D4 wont be available until launch of the PS4 NOV 15 in North America. and it uses Bluetooth and has rumble.

Puzzle to the Center of the Earth Launching This Week On The App Store

5m ago - TTP:" A really interesting mix between platform and puzzle games is going to be released later th... | iPhone

Strategy Games Not to Miss: Fall 2014

10m ago - Critically Sane gives the Strategy games you should be playing this fall. | PC

Alien Isolation’s first add-on pack, ‘Corporate Lockdown’, set to release later this month

11m ago - Amber writes: "SEGA announced today that the first add-on pack out of five for their title Alien... | PC

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Review – Definitely Not Definitive | PSLS

11m ago - This is an under appreciated open world game that features a fantastic location, combat that... | PS4

Study Game Design at DeVry

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth introduces new character Rie

36m ago - "The latest issue of V-Jump reveals a new character and new details for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleu... | PS Vita