Submitted by DarkLordMalik 592d ago | rumor

Rumor: Ninja Theory hiring for a new project, could be Enslaved sequel

Ninja Theory seems to be hiring new staff for one of their projects. A listing on their site indicates that they have a bunch of console projects coming up and seeing the re-release of Enslaved on PC, it is not hard to imagine that they might be working on the eventual Enslaved sequel. (Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Ninja Theory, PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 13
black0o  +   592d ago
i beat enslaved in one night .. man i just couldnt stop playing

i wish this to be true and they make the damn game bigger and longer
DarkLordMalik  +   592d ago
The ending definitely left me asking for more.
black0o  +   592d ago
and DLC didnt help
PoSTedUP  +   592d ago
nice i remember when this was in PShome. the demo was good jus never got around to buying it.
minimur12  +   592d ago
funny thing is, I just bought Enslaved yesterday!

but didn't they tease that new project in that video?

But how did they come to the conclusion of an Enslaved sequel?
It seems theyre just hiring and engine programmer for a new engine for their next gen game
#1.1.3 (Edited 592d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
sdozzo  +   591d ago
Really fun game though. Looked nice. Quick but nice.
EZMickey  +   592d ago
I would actually love to see a Heavenly Sword sequel. I felt that it's a shame it never got more love. Enslaved 2 would also be cool especially if it's next gen because that could mean Ninja Theory would have it on Unreal Engine 4 and I'm anxious to see what that engine is capable of.

I'll be disappointed Capcom doesn't follow up on the DMC reboot, but I would be even more disappointed if they didn't go back to classic Devil May Cry and do it right. Just pick one, Capcom, don't reboot it again.
PoSTedUP  +   592d ago
pssh heavenly sword was sooo epic. oh man i just got teary eyed thinking about HS2 on the ps4. would love to see them make a sequel.
minimur12  +   592d ago
I put some deep thought into this, and what would the sequel be of, thoguh?

I mean Nariko's story has ended, a new story with a different person would just be a new IP labeled Heavenly Sword
-Foxtrot  +   591d ago
@minimur12

"Nariko's story has ended"

or has it?

NT were going to do a sequel years ago anyway where she has to escape hell and return to the living world. I'm pretty sure they can bring her back
ATi_Elite  +   592d ago
Heavenly Sword 2 PS4 is gonna happen.

I've been told and now I'm telling YOU!

(actually It's been slightly hinted at by Sony execs because so many SOny gamers want it including NON SOny gamers like myself)
hulk_bash1987  +   592d ago
Story and presentation in this game was the tits. More combat variety would have been nice though. Ninja Theory isn't my favorite Dev by any means but I did enjoy this game, so I wouldn't mind a sequel.
#3 (Edited 592d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
badboy776  +   592d ago
Heavenly Sword 2.
kratos_TheGoat  +   592d ago
oo hell no
CrossingEden  +   592d ago
Ninja Theory is a great developer, so i'm excited for what they come up with next.
#6 (Edited 592d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
fsfsxii  +   592d ago
DmC sequel confirmed.
Blacktric  +   592d ago
I don't think we can survive another sh*tstorm.
fsfsxii  +   592d ago
I liked the game honestly. But the characters were... eh, and the story too, and that was my only complaint about the game. Could care less about what others thought of the game and what they thought about "Donte" and his black hair.
Blacktric  +   592d ago
"Could care less about what others thought of the game and what they thought about "Donte" and his BLACK HAIR."

Oh no you didn't.

" the combat system was waaaaaay better than all DMCs"

This is sarcastic right? Right?

"just mash Traingle and spam square."

phew... yeah it is.
PopRocks359  +   592d ago
If you like watered down, made-easy button mash fests with absolutely no strategy, sure.

DmC was crap. Its story was crap and its gameplay pales in comparison to DMC3, 4 and I would argue even 2's.
IRetrouk  +   592d ago
Yep i agree dmc 2 was better than DmC, i enjoyed it well enough and would not mind a sequel but would prefer for them to go back to the older style, i enjoyed enslaved as well as heavenly sword, i dont understand why they would make a sequel to enslaved over heavenly sword as heavenly sword had more sales, maybe they dont want to be tied down to one company?
Inception  +   591d ago
"It was a solid entry, the combat system was waaaaaay better than all DMCs, just mash Traingle and spam square."

I understand if you said DmC combat better than DMC 2, but better than DMC 1, 3, and 4? Come on mate, you must be joking right?
SlapHappyJesus  +   592d ago
Enslaved was one of my favorite games this console generation. Would love to seem them do a sequel.
ThatEnglishDude  +   592d ago
I wonder if this has anything to do with the seemingly unnecessary re-release of the first game coming this month. For the record, I absolutely LOVED Enslaved. Ninja Theory seem to have a knack for creating really interesting, personable and relatable characters with great dialog and interaction with each other. I eagerly anticipate any update on this...

By the way, does anyone know exactly when the re-release is coming out? Am desperately waiting to replay this on PC.
#9 (Edited 592d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SlapHappyJesus  +   591d ago
I had no idea they were re-releasing on PC. This has me excited.
The art and overall visual fidelity of the game was fantastic, but that was brought down by the lack of resolution a fair bit.
Being able to play this at a higher resolution and framerate will truly improve the game for me.
#9.1 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Jagsrock  +   592d ago
Loved enslaved,loved the characters, the interaction and facial expressions were all top notch. gameplay might have been a tad basic but overall it was great. I'd love to see more.
urwifeminder  +   592d ago
Got a fair way into the game found a frustrating bit and quit some platform style jump traded never did find out what happened kept me entertained for a while.
WeAreLegion  +   592d ago
Fantastic game. However, the sales figures will make sure a sequel NEVER happens. I'd love a new IP from them.
SolidGear3  +   592d ago
You all know it was the same art director that worked on The Last of Us? Love to see an Enslaved 2!!!
Acquiescence  +   592d ago
Love Ninja Theory...
they became one of my firm favourites over the course of this gen, so I look forward to what they have in store for the PS4/X1. Enslaved 2, DmC 2, new IP - I'll take it.
gillri  +   592d ago
yeah would prefer enslaved sequeal over a heavenly sword one, it was a better game
#15 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ConsoleHQ  +   591d ago
There's nothing really pointing to this being Enslaved either way.

I need another DmC though...
#16 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
FrostyZipper  +   591d ago
It'll probably be the untitled project they showed in that one video, the one with that chick with the funky blue hair.
ironfist92  +   591d ago
Completely forgot about that, but youre probably right. It could be for nex-gen too.
byeGollum  +   591d ago
I still haven't played enslaved yet. These guys are underrated. They only make awesome games. Heaven Sword is a another classic they crafted.
SquareEnixFan  +   591d ago
I would be very happy if they made a sequel to Enslaved but I won't get my hopes up.
Summons75  +   591d ago
Ugh, enslaved was awful and didn't those egotistical devs say that they would never make a sequel because the first sold too poorly.

How can a developer who makes nothing but garbage that sells poorly and spits on gamer and other (better) devs still be in business?
CrimsonDragon90  +   591d ago
Shut up! if you don't like Ninja Theory then why are you here on this Ninja Theory article. No one cares about your opinion on how much you hate Ninja Theory. Or unless your an anti DmC butthurt hater.
CanadianTurtle  +   591d ago
I never understood people like you. I absolutely hate it when people say things like "oh if you don't like so and so, why are you on an article about so and so?"

Maybe it's because he wants to voice his opinion? Do you know how boring the world would be without a bit of criticism?
Summons75  +   591d ago
Hey, sorry you like poor games and spit on as a fan. It's like people in a abusive relationships....always go back to trash, lying to yourself the whole time. They ARE awful. Broken games, bad game design, stories written by a 13 year old...I'll give them good art design they do have a talent for that but that didn't help the stiff gameplay of Heavenly Sword or the uncharted ripoff that was Enslaved and DmC was not only stiff, broken, and awful but they spit on the original devs, all Japanese devs, and gamers who when they gave critism, NT tried and acted liked children. Sorry you feel enclined to lie to yourself to support devs who don't support you but considering ALL their games drop to 20 two weeks after launch and sell so poor they again curse gamers an blame the world for their actions.

Stating facts doesn't mean I'm butthurt, go look at sales numbers they're awful for a reason.
#20.1.2 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
The_Truth_24_7  +   591d ago
DmC2!!!
panbit86  +   591d ago
! ! ! HEAVENLY SWORD 2 ! ! ! - Make it happen!
TheOtherVitaOwner  +   591d ago
Please be an Enslaved sequel!!
ZHZ90  +   591d ago
Hopefully it is not DmC2, I want DMC5 and it has to be proper NT has nothing todo with it.

Would like to have Heavenly Sword 2.

Never played Enslaved but if I've liked NT's new game(Don't be DmC2) I shall see.
#24 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
CrimsonDragon90  +   591d ago
Why do anti DmC butthurt people keep stalking Ninja Theory related articles. Anyway looking forward to NT new project.
ZHZ90  +   591d ago
Because we are not intersted in DmC2 and we DMC fans want a proper DMC sequel(DMC5).

And we want to voice our opinions that's all, you don't need to be sensitive about it.
CrimsonDragon90  +   591d ago
All you anti DmC people are just selfish. I'm a fan of both the old and new dmc. You might not be interested on DmC 2, but other people are. And not everyone hates the new dmc. You act like the only people who hate DmC, are the real dmc fans.
ZHZ90  +   591d ago
What sefish?

I have seen DmC fanboys acting very selfish too and trolling btw.

And me personally I have more reasons to hate DmC and it's not only because of Dante and Vergil's new looking, hair color and style, and personalities.

The game was aimed to be medicore, the game wasn't that great compared to DMC1/3/4.(Even though at least it's better than DMC2)

And the old DMC has more potential than DmC, we could get preequal/spinoffs of DMC story like Sparda's story, what happened to Vergil after Dante beat him in DMC3 and how he turned to Nelo Angenelo and how he became Nero's father. And more continuation of Dante so as well for Nero.

Nice to meet you btw.

Anyways I'll say it again, hope it's Enslaved 2 or HS2.
#25.2 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CrimsonDragon90  +   590d ago
Yea I also kind of want the original series to continue, but I also liked the new series. I would love a Sparda Prequel. But will see what happens, by the way capcom is handling its ip, we might not get nothing. They might go out of business. But I would like Sony to buy the DMC series. Sorry if I acted rude. By the way I'm looking forward to FF15 also, looks awesome!

Hatred: The Kotaku Review

9m ago - Kotaku: "Last fall, a producer for CBS This Morning called me to talk about the video game Hat... | PC

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Review : GEARNUKE

17m ago - GEARNUKE : Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a breath of fresh air for the series after the disappo... | PC

Top 5 Video Game Releases - June 2015

Now - Releases.com presents to you the Top 5 Video Games We're Looking Forward To In June 2015. | Promoted post

Is Valve shafting themselves and game developers with Steam Refunds?

18m ago - MWEB GameZone writes: "Valve has implemented the ability for consumers to get refunds for digital... | PC

Nom Cats: Tips, Tricks, Cheats and Strategy Guide

23m ago - Nom Cats is a new endless fish-eating game for the iOS platform where your goal is to feed two ca... | iPhone

20 Times Luigi Was Literally You