Submitted by s8anicslayer 588d ago | news

Mark Cerny wants you to give Knack to your little sister

GamesRadar - "No, Knack’s knack is not raising yaks. But it is to smack, thwack, and whack quacks that interrupt his track. Ok so that might have been a little painful to read, but we promise playing Knack is nothing like that rhythmic attack. We had the opportunity to get a hands on with the game, and are pleased to say that it plays just as it looks." (Knack, Mark Cerny, PS4)

Lalanana  +   588d ago
I won't be buying i but i'll try to play it at my cousin place. Looks interesting nonetheless.
abzdine  +   588d ago
i'll start giving it to myself :)
howittsdone  +   588d ago
That's what she said. Haha!
#1.1.2 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report
AngelicIceDiamond  +   588d ago
We need more games like these but I disagree with Cerny pushing this game in the for front of A to AAA category.

But then again Spyro, Crash Bandiccot were very popular games back then thanks to there innovative 3d level designing.

But that was along time ago and the market has changed, and its changed allot since then. Its all about the greatest graphics, biggest worlds, and bigger MP count.

Knack for me personally is PS+ free download. Though I'm sure its fun.
#1.1.3 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(6) | Report
3-4-5  +   587d ago
It will be the game all family members could play and enjoy though.
StoutBEER  +   587d ago
Hahahaha! Majin that is classic. Damn it i wanna watch old Spongebob episodes now!
Jazz4108  +   587d ago
Nothing wrong with a family game at launch. I quite enjoyed Kameo on the 360 from Rare.
#1.4 (Edited 587d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Xsilver  +   588d ago
”Wouldn’t it be nice to have something for the rest of the family to play?” Mark Cerny, the famed Director of Knack (as well the lead system architect for the PS4) said to us in our interview, “We’re trying to make a game that anyone could play to completion...if they play it on easy.” And it showed. The game was hard. On normal. We were disgraced by how often we died. It’s so reminiscent of the good ol’ Spyro and Crash days, where normal was a challenge and hard was ridiculous. Yet on easy, it’s a much easier game, and exists for the younger audience (as well as non-gamers) to be able to play and feel accomplished while playing the game.
Read the whole article didn't see the little sister part>_> others site say the game can be difficult so ill play it on the hardest difficulty for a real challenge :D
cleft5  +   588d ago
Exactly, it's important to note he never mentions gender and Games Radar should know better then to put a gender specific comment like this in their title. People are still on warpath and others would love to find anything to hate on Sony or Mark Cerny for saying or doing.
#2.1 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ILive  +   587d ago
The title supports what the article is trying to explain. The game is not made for the hardcore audience alone, but for everyone. If your sister wants to play, she can. Though cerny did not mention what the title says directly, it does embody what cerny was trying to explain.
-Foxtrot  +   588d ago
Who would most likely scratch the disc or manage to mess up my save file...I don't think so
darthv72  +   587d ago
bluray discs are quite scratch resistant. way more than dvd but as to the save file...yeah my son has done that to me on many occasions with different games.
Blackdeath_663  +   587d ago
you can play games of the hard drive can't you
Campy da Camper  +   587d ago
Lol bubs for funny. My grown ass adult friends are not even going to be allowed in my living room without first removing shoes then they will be escorted to the guest recliner. I feel like getting museum glass and lining my entertainment center with it so their grubby mitts don't get near my soon to be raison d etre.
#3.3 (Edited 587d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ZBlacktt  +   588d ago
Games not exactly easy. She would rage quit.
Lukas_Japonicus  +   588d ago
Nice to see you back, ZBlacktt. ;)
#4.1 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
ZBlacktt  +   588d ago
lol, yeah.... thank god I mod a site where I can take charge of the knuckleheads that come it's way.
Cryptcuzz  +   588d ago
Where the heck have you been buddy?!

My sister is only into mobile games on smart phones, so it would have to be me that would be rage quitting, but with a grin on my face ;)
Lukas_Japonicus  +   588d ago
My little sister is 20 years old so i don't think that's going to work. XD.

But i will rent it for myself, most def.
#5 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
cleft5  +   588d ago
If you read the story you will see that he never says "younger sister". He says younger audience. I thought that title seemed a little out of character for Mark Cerny so I checked the story and sure enough he never mentions gender, but rather a younger family member.
#5.1 (Edited 588d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ZBlacktt  +   587d ago
She might like it then, lol. It's not as easy as it may look. :D
kewlkat007  +   588d ago
Sounds creepy..
SilentNegotiator  +   588d ago
Mark Cerny wants to give your little sister his Knack. What's creepy about that?

....wait...
howittsdone  +   588d ago
If Knack shows up in little big planet it would be a Knack-Sack!
Bolts  +   588d ago
This game have PS Plus all over it. There's no way I'm paying $60 for it when I can eventually have it for free. There are bigger fish to fry upon release date.
Campy da Camper  +   587d ago
Good point, Bolts! I always have to tell myself that. Games are going to be in abundance next gen so I need not break the bank each month. Plus will only be getting better, too. Sony knows they have a hit and I expect jaw dropping releases forthcoming. Heck, I expect a plus exclusive AAA title to be released for the service. How cool would that be? God of war 4 only on Plus....for free. Jesus!
THC CELL  +   588d ago
Lol people marks made his money building the ps4 this game could be given away, me I'm a supporter il buy this game for my self and kids
DanielGearSolid  +   588d ago
Unless they get some Knack conmercials on cartoon network, there is no hope
CrossingEden  +   588d ago
But...my little sister doesn't play anything besides the sims.
GmIsOnPt360  +   588d ago
for 60 bucks????nah buddies ill pass on the purchase
Campy da Camper  +   587d ago
Bolts has a good point; this has Plus written all over it next year.
WeAreLegion  +   588d ago
Knack will be great for kids, but this only ends one way.

The kid finds out you can download Minecraft for the PS4. The kid proceeds to play Minecraft for months.
mkis007  +   588d ago
Knack may be the Trojan horse for Sony it is the only full retail kids game available at launch for either console. XB1 has ryse and dead rising-2 severely mature titles at launch coupled with forza-a racing sim that really isn't popular to play for kids. Knack may be the ps4's Kinect at launch.
WeAreLegion  +   588d ago
LEGO Marvel Superheroes will be there, too.
mkis007  +   587d ago
I mean a game to sell a console to a kid considering marvel is on everything. Which has more family friendly titles to buy on day 1. Zoo tycoon is an online game I think.
Gamesgbkiller  +   588d ago
Sorry.. I'm going to play it by myself.

Then, with my little bro.
ElementsUnknown  +   588d ago
This story's title makes me think Mark Cerny is on the kind of list that requires that he notifies the neighbors he's moving in and that he stays 500ft away from schools.
Codey47  +   588d ago
Ceiling Cernybear is watching your little sister shower.
Codey47  +   588d ago
to the disagree

"How very dare you call my beloved Mark Cerny even though I've never heard of him since the PS4 reveal but he still rawks!!!
ApolloTheBoss  +   588d ago
But she's too busy being a hipster in high school to play video games.
akurtz  +   588d ago
Knack looks real fun! Playstation has everything for everyone.
_QQ_  +   588d ago
Where is my RTS, 3D Platformer,and Moba?!?!
danny818  +   588d ago
who else found the title really funny and laughed out loud like an idiot... okay, nevermind
NaAsAr  +   587d ago
my sister would complain about the inconsistent frame rates of 30 to 60.
Viking_Socrates  +   587d ago
I'm actually sorta looking forward to playing this, will give me a break from Battlefield 4 or Need for speed: Rivals and will probably be entertaining.
Elzer  +   587d ago
Knack.... Greatness awaits =)
ZHZ90  +   587d ago
I hope you are not sarcastic.
#22.1 (Edited 587d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
maddskull  +   587d ago
it is a great game and i will buy it day one it is a journey that takes you away from all the blood and high graphic games
Imalwaysright  +   587d ago
I'm tired of shooters so when I get a PS4 this game will find its way into my library.
#24 (Edited 587d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Campy da Camper  +   587d ago
I really want those dang minions that live in your controller. That looks like a cool time killer.
FITgamer  +   587d ago
I want to play it, but i'll wait for a price drop. I'm sure withing 2 months of release it'll already be down to $39.99 or less.
Sm00thNinja  +   587d ago
Why does it sound like this guy has such little faith in his own game? I mean titles like Rayman Legends, and even more child friendly titles have a niche somewhere. If the game is GREAT then itll sell itself. Ni No Kuni is a fantastic example of that, despite being an E for EVERYONE title. This Mark Cerny comment comes following his claim that Knack is a 2nd game purchase, and i should pick it up alongside another game. Definitely steering clear of this until its a free Playstation Plus title.
MegaRay  +   587d ago
I like this game but haters must hate

XSEED Games Announces Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space

14m ago - Standing as a direct predecessor to the series’ first North American release (Earth Defense Force... | PS Vita

Splatoon: How to Find All Sunken Scrolls Locations Guide

15m ago - Sunken Scrolls can be found in orange crates that you can find in each level, these crates also c... | Wii U

Start Making Games for the PS4

Browser Game Fallen London Launching This Year On The App Store

25m ago - TTP:" If you enjoy browser games, there’s a good chance you already know the excellent Fallen Lon... | iPhone

Kill, Survive, And Kill Some More in Forest Warrior

26m ago - Marcus Estrada writes: "Sometimes, gamers want to play something with a vast array of systems and... | PC

Destiny: Trials of Osiris rewards for May 29/31

27m ago - After last week massacre, today begins the second season of the Trials of Osiris, the hardcore mu... | Xbox 360