Submitted by o2a1 527d ago | video

More Assassins Creed IV Single-Player Gameplay Surfaces

More 'Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag' single-player gameplay surfaces as we come closer to the release date. (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Attached Video
TrevorPhillips  +   527d ago
Looks crazy! pre ordered my version of the game and can't wait to explore the whole world :)
DaGR8JIBRALTAR  +   527d ago
what system are you getting it on?

@trevorphilips so am I..can't wait to actually see it on my tv.
#1.1 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
TrevorPhillips  +   527d ago
PS4
minimur12  +   527d ago
I watched a demo and they played part of sequence 3, and the whole world was alreday open and you had your ship :)

I'm geting PS4, the special edition from Zavvi for £57 :D

May aswell start next gen with a bang :D
#1.1.2 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
mikeslemonade  +   527d ago
Looks robotic just like ever. Just riddled with the same animations like the current gen version.
SanMarco  +   526d ago
Mikes lemonade is right about that. Looks the same as any other ac game.
hulk_bash1987  +   527d ago
PS4 for me as well, can't wait. Game looks like it might just be as good, if not better, than AC2.
Magicite  +   527d ago
Yesterday - Watch Dogs delayed.
Today - More AC4 gameplay surfaces.
:D
aPerson  +   527d ago
Just from watching that 20 minute clip, you can tell Black Flags is a huge improvement over AC3. My biggest problem with AC3 is that you never truly felt like you were playing as an assassin -- but Black Flags looks killer.
#2 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
DaGR8JIBRALTAR  +   527d ago
only thing I'm not liking is how the enemies never really engage you in combat,they just sorta stand there. If they could fine tune that little flaw before the game ship it would be perfect in my opinion.
Lukas_Japonicus  +   527d ago
Yeah, that was one of my main gripes with AC3. You were just a one button warrior, it was too easy. I remember past games actually being a little challenging, having to counter constantly and switch it up for different enemy types.

Like you said, let's hope they change it.
Lukas_Japonicus  +   527d ago
Wow, that place he's at in the cutscene looks beautiful. Im impressed. Everytime i see this game it makes me want to pre order it for day one, but i don't want to get stung like i did with AC3.

I have to say though, the climbing and combat looks annoying, especially the climbing. The combat camera angles too, and the fact the enemies are just standing there waiting to be killed.
#3 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JackISbacK  +   527d ago
version which this guy was playing was not perfectly polished but these little problems can be solved in a month ,or may be they had already solved it.still little issues with enemy fights and looks like an old built because when i played this game at eurogamer expo it was looking perfect and combat feels lot better than ac3 ,when i played ai was intellegent and responsive,it was also littledificult also when i played the game ,truly said the gameplay was not any drastic change but was very polished and old issues were solved and biggest addition was naval gameplay ,it is looking like most rich ,perfect and lots of things to do assassins creed game this time and biggest thing after being a pirate edward is a more bigger assassin ,this was the biggest problem with ac3 it was hard to recognise that conner is an assassins or a freedom fighter ,this time it is not repeating, edward is an assassin less pirate. an assassin story in a pirate world which shows templars and assassins were involved in every work around the world and shows scope of the story.
Lukas_Japonicus  +   527d ago
Holy wall of text.......
FullmetalRoyale  +   527d ago
Chicka-chicka-chicka-check it out.
SuperBlur  +   527d ago
the story was suppose to end in what , AC 2 or AC:Brotherhood and they decided to just make shit up as they went.
10V3N0M01  +   526d ago
Judging from this comment, this is definitely Slim Shady himself!
JackISbacK  +   526d ago
now slim shady will rap on your fuckin mother , let the game begin ,you make me angry ,what i said was all that ,what i played it by myself was all not at all bad . and its an old built man better stick to it ,you n your mother with will lik it till end ,when this game will fuckin release to be a big hit,beast.
"halla budy"
kidhero99  +   527d ago
The last half of that video was somewhat embarrassing .Those red barrels need some work and this game needs some more polish before 11/15.
SuperBlur  +   527d ago
Watch_Dogs lost the toss coin , they didn't know which one to delay
kidhero99  +   527d ago
Evidence speaks for itself.

And now drive club has been delayed.
Destrania  +   527d ago
One of my five retail games I'll be playing on launch day.
#6 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ShutUpDonny  +   527d ago
That will be a busy day. Stack up on Red Bull, man.
Destrania  +   527d ago
Haha, will do.
jobboy  +   527d ago
AI is dumb!!
FullmetalRoyale  +   527d ago
Bundy?

:P
Soc5  +   527d ago
Yo, Assassin's Creed 4, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but GTAV has some of the best looking water of all time!
hemmo1986  +   527d ago
Looks good, but is it just me or does the environment seem empty and kinda quiet???? The game doesn't feel alive.

Plus the AI and npc animation seems kinda goofy aswell.
Still a day one for me though. Thats probably why watch dogs has been delayed. Their probably worried about it taking the limelight away from AC4
#9 (Edited 527d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SuperBlur  +   527d ago
Lazy AI , toned down gameplay , more GFX effect , cool CGI movie .. it's a recipe for fast easy money.

can't wait to see how Watch_Dogs now will compare to Watch_Dogs toned down later in spring
Sadist3  +   527d ago
Great AI. They just stand there like fools. The reason why this game sux, lazy AI kills the enjoyment. This game is for casual players. Or people that have no skill whatsoever
Thefreeman012  +   527d ago
not every game needs require mad skillz.

That being said. I think they should add a difficulty variety to accommodate for the more seasoned gamer.
Bonerboy  +   527d ago
"...and here is the 40th video and very last bits of interesting gameplay to ruin any surprises you might "discover" for yourself."
Really, who wants a fresh untainted experience anymore? Not me. I love seeing most of the game before I even get a chance to play it. This is how NOT to promote a game.
S2Killinit  +   527d ago
my PS4 will be ready
JediDiah  +   527d ago
Next Gen? Why the indicators to show enemy status? Get real man where is the element of surprise in that? Like Uncharted needed an grenade indicator to show were to throw the gernade? More like Angry Birds. I don't like to be held by the hand every sec like this....it's suppose to be Next Gen AI??
PR_FROM_OHIO  +   526d ago
This is the PS3 or 360 version right? Bc i hope this isn't the PS4 version bc this doesn't look next gen at all imo!!
DrJones  +   526d ago
It's next gen. And actually it's quite apparent.
giovonni  +   526d ago
Ok, the story better be amazing because I am not impressed by this footage as of right now. Its' the same ol same ol, same animations, same cheap A.I. same hiding places, same sneaking style tactics with the same pay for hire concubine. I wasn't impressed in assassin's creed revelations, and I'm not impressed now. Even the climbing mechanic is the same, you mean to tell me they couldn't make him move more humanly fluid? ahhh well
PHiSHLoC  +   526d ago
I really hope this is not running on the PS4 cause it looks like crap.
If it Is PS4 then no buy.
Am I the only that thinks this pirate stuff doesn't belong in AC.
Would kill to see the series in feudal japan or China, someone posted pics before
They should send them to Ubi. This looks boring as sh/t.
Red_Devilz  +   526d ago
Looks so darn beautiful.

However, AI is still dumb as cow. C'mon AC, does it really take that long to figure out a wee bit smarter AI?
Soc5  +   526d ago
Funny, the comment above yours says it looks like crap lol. It's interesting how we can look at the same thing and all come away with hugely different opinions

I agree about AI. And for once can we have enemies that react to their wounds? It's weird to see someone get slashed several times by a sword and then carry on fighting like nothing just happened to them.
#17.1 (Edited 526d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Jagsrock  +   526d ago
No excuse for dumb a.i and same old stiff animations. I find it funny that this is the game people are pre order with their ps4's. Nothing about this is "next gen".
Soc5  +   526d ago
Yeah, I gotta agree with u, I'm looking forward to this game, but there do seem to be a lot of reused gameplay mechanics and animation from the previous games. Obviously certain games in specific genres have to keep their core mechanics intact to maintain a theme or consistency but there are some things in AC4 that are a little too similar to the other games in the series
One would hope they would at least use different movement animations, which for their time were great but are getting a little stale in the fourth iteration of the series.

Koei Tecmo explains why Toukiden Kiwami is worth purchasing on PS4 and Vita

9m ago - Koei Tecmo lists out several reasons as to why you should purchase the PS4 and Vita game, Toukide... | PS4

Readers Gambit | Resident Evil Reveleations 2 (Review)

19m ago - Readers Gambit takes a look at the Capcom's latest entry in to the Resident Evil franchise. | Xbox 360

Filmwatch Contest Details

Now - Check out here how you can win awesome prizes with us over at Filmwatch. | Promoted post

15 Tips For New Bloodborne Players

30m ago - Bloodborne is its own beast and it will challenge you greatly. It’s best to go in with a fighting... | PS4

Final Fantasy XV: Tabata Doesn’t Get How Fictional Characters Work

30m ago - Final Fantasy XV’s characters’ behavior is whatever the developers want it to be. Including women... | PC

Puyo Puyo Style Puzzler Released for Sega Genesis by Homebrew Developer

30m ago - Carl Williams writes, "Puzzle game fans know the name Puyo Puyo, or a variation including Dr. Rob... | Retro