Submitted by AllPurposeBlogger 381d ago | article

What APB Wants From Fallout 4

APB's Stu rounds up everything that he'd like to see make it into the next Fallout game, some of it might, some of it probably won't but he can live in hope! (Bethesda, Bethesda Game Studios, Dev, Fallout 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

-Foxtrot  +   382d ago
I wouldn't really want them to take much from NV to be honest, I mean the whole faction thing made things a little complicated because when you were playing for the first time you could p*** off the wrong faction and when you've got far in the game you'll realised what you've done wrong when it comes to do a certain mission and realise you've buggered it all up meaning you might need to start again, now I don't know about you but I like unique weapons and armour so if something like that has happened and it's f***** up then I would be ticked off.

I guess the same goes for the different choices towards the end, so many missions missed because you get to choose just one arc at the end, yeah it's nice to have those choices but all those missions from the other choices you'll never be able to do because you didn't choose that side. I'd rather have one or two options and keep more missions for those two choices. More missions mean a longer overall story

I never liked how in NV you only gained a perk ever two levels, they said it was because people became too powerful in Fallout 3 but isn't that the point of working out a character and choosing the best perks. If thats the case don't have too many good perks at the beginning, bring them on later when we get to level 15 or something.
#1 (Edited 382d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
SlapHappyJesus  +   381d ago
And I am on the other side of every concern you had with the game. :p

Those are some of the reasons I enjoyed New Vegas far more than 3. Hell, it's high on my personal favorite games in general.
MrSwankSinatra  +   381d ago
me personally id have to agree with you. i tried to play as neutral as possible but theres no way you can complete every single mission without pissing off another faction. that is one thing i hated about new vegas.
-Foxtrot  +   381d ago
I know...i tried to do it but even the first mission with goodsprings where you take on the power gangers you were then hated by them after
Matt666  +   381d ago
A nice balance between 3 and New Vegas would be nice and also somewhere to put your weapons etc this time unlike New Vegas and they shouldn't take too much from Skyrim or it might ruin the Fallout experience.
#1.3 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Moncole  +   381d ago
Thats whats great about NV. Helping one faction can get another one mad and hate you. You can help the NCR and kill every bandit that attacks you like the Powder Gangers or Legion and on the second playthough you can do the opposite. It adds a lot more replayability. This is what an RPG with choices should do. The game doesnt need to be dumb down and casulized.

And on PC there is a mod so you can get a perk every level.
#1.4 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
-Foxtrot  +   381d ago
Yeah but what about the options for players who want to be netural, thats also a choice which isnt present in the game.

You talk about more playthroughs but most people with RPGs like to focus on the one playthrough to make their character the best they can. So dont say its casual and dumbing it down when it wont

Oblivion did this perfectly
Palaven  +   381d ago
You can't please everyone, you have to upset people and take sides at some point.

Being able to play neutral would remove a whole aspect of the game and ruin the choices you make throughout, they might as well just scrap the faction reputation mechanic.
#1.4.2 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
Campy da Camper  +   380d ago
I'm with foxtrot. If I have to pick sides then make it a total game changer. I pick the rebels? OK so now I play the whole game doing their missions and getting their story. Replay? OK? So now I side with the empire and the whole game changes. Different levels and quests cut scenes the works. I hate replaying a game and making different choices only to have some small dialogue change from "you! Leave now!" To "you! Hi friend!" Yet I have to redo the exact same stuff I did the first time.
#1.4.3 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Lord_Sloth  +   382d ago
A save file that doesn't bloat because it feels the need to save every dead body right where I left it...
Lunatic_Medic  +   381d ago
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX was just announced. who cares about this
Dasteru  +   381d ago
An HD remaster of a niche game vs Fallout 4...
showtimefolks  +   381d ago
Lunatic_Medic

yeh we are so stupid that we will be 2 HD collections to get the complete series and spend $80 or get Fallout 4 which will be 60 and be better

SE i greedy that's why they needed 2 HD collection and charge full price twice, i will get both HD collections down the road when i can get both for $15-20
MrSwankSinatra  +   381d ago
yes because we totally prefer HD remakes of old games over a new one. *sarcasm*

btw i think its stupid to pay the price of either remakes when you don't even get playable versions of re:coded or 358/2 days. eventually square is just gonna screw the early customers over who bought both HD remakes by releasing a Full Mix version which includes all six of the games and probably birth by sleep too for 60 bucks.
#3.3 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mpnothanks  +   381d ago
What I want from Fallout 4 is more attention paid to the gun combat aspect of the game. In my opinion, it's the worst part of the games.
Palaven  +   381d ago
Because its an RPG and not an FPS?
mpnothanks  +   381d ago
I think you misunderstood me. I'm just saying that in my opinion the shooting mechanics were janky. I'm not saying turn it into less of an rpg.
Danniel1  +   381d ago
Know what I'd like? An announcement.
barb_wire  +   381d ago
How about a game engine, that doesn't sputter, glitch or freeze the longer you play.
Perjoss  +   381d ago
When I went from 3 to Vegas I wasn't sure why I liked Vegas so much. Then when I went back to 3 again I noticed how bad the writing/script in 3 was. Vegas just has much more convincing performances, I don't think its the fault of the voice actors, more of a problem with the writing, its like 3 was written for kids and Vegas for adults.

I did really prefer the game world of 3 though, that was amazing. In Vegas on the other hand, when I finally got to the strip it was a huge disappointment :(
#7 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
obelix01  +   381d ago
It seemed the Mojave desert & Vegas it self was much smaller than the wasteland in fallout 3. Alot of the map was inaccessible because of the mountains. The wasteland of fallout new Vegas was a little disappointing. But I still had fun playing it.
#7.1 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
obelix01  +   381d ago
What about having it in Hong Kong? I would like to see Fallout from the Chinese perspective. I mean that's who we where at war with. Hong Kong is a massive city with Skyscrapers galore. The destruction would be epic especially now with the attention to detail next gen will be able to utilize.
aliengmr  +   381d ago
That's the last place you would want to set Fallout. The Chinese are less about being an enemy and more about being the embodiment of our (US) own irrational fears.

Fallout is essentially a satirical look at America and everything revolves around that concept. Changing it at that core level would destroy its identity.

I admit, on the surface it sounds like a good idea to set it in China, but it would be worse than setting it in any place other than the US.

Bayonetta 2 is proof Japan’s oddity is still more than welcome across the rest of the globe

13m ago - 'Japan is undeniably weird. It is a land where norms are thrown out of the window and creativity... | Wii U

Halloween invades Fantasy Life with 4 new costumes

27m ago - In celebration of Halloween, Fantasy Life has received four new promotional costumes players can... | 3DS

Interview with Nate Schmold of 30/30

30m ago - Cosmochoria blasted its way onto Steam's Early Access storefront on September 29. A sort of tower... | PC

How to play PS4 on Android (Root Needed)

30m ago - This is a video showing you how to remote play on any android devices. in this video I'm using th... | PS4

Win Outlast and Whistleblower Codes!

Now - It's no trick, Outlast 2 is in the works - and to celebrate Red Barrels has given us Outlast and Whistleblower treats! | Promoted post

Steam Halloween Sale 2014 Now Live With Big Discounts To Digital Items

46m ago - Techtorial: Steam has now updated its page reflecting its Halloween Sale event that will last unt... | PC