Submitted by Barry_Burton_84 698d ago | news

Sony says it's 'very possible' PS4 will set console launch records

PSU writes:

"The managing director for Sony Computer Entertainment U.K. (SCE UK) has said that PlayStation 4 has a shot at smashing console sales records when it launches in the region this November." (PS4)

PeaSFor  +   699d ago | Well said
and im proud to take part of it by getting the ps4 on launch.
onyoursistersback  +   698d ago
*start breaking out the shampain bottles!!!
Perjoss  +   698d ago
the what bottles?
sinncross  +   698d ago
i think he meant champagne :)
nix  +   698d ago
lol.

OT: hurrah! for Sony!
#1.1.3 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(0) | Report
Thehyph  +   698d ago
I prefer a full bodied red, myself.

I will be enjoying some come Nov 15. That's not really a surprise to the ones who know me, as I'm in the bag three to four nights a week.

Seriously though, Xbox One or ps4, November is the new Christmas.
#1.1.4 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report
baraka007  +   698d ago
i love sham pag na
Bathyj  +   698d ago
I had no idea you were such a coin a sewer.
abzdine  +   698d ago
getting mine day one so count me in for the record!
Greatness awaits
Boody-Bandit  +   698d ago
"I had no idea you were such a coin a sewer."

Excellent!

+funny
#1.1.8 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
TheFallenAngel  +   698d ago
I'm making a party when it comes out lol tequila bottles and some steaks.
MethCupcakes  +   698d ago
Wut? LMAO
mewhy32  +   698d ago
Oh man....what a great time to be a Sony Playstation gamer. The most powerful gaming console ever with the best exclusives ever, and the best first party devs ever. All at 100.00 less than the other guy.
onyoursistersback  +   698d ago
When I run low on alcohol, I end up drinking Shampoo...
Or what I like to call "shampain"

(I feel like a fool now)
come_bom  +   698d ago
I'm getting a PS4, but not at launch. Only purchase it on Q1 2014 for Infamous :-)

No rush from my part!
#1.2 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
shivvy24  +   698d ago
im gonna get mine mid january
Magicite  +   698d ago
same here, closer to my b-day at Jan 22nd.
ChrisW  +   698d ago
I love Sony's pompousness!!!
G20WLY  +   698d ago
Is it really pompous when all signs suggest this could happen?

Personally, I'd call it 'honest' or 'realistic' - 'hopeful' even, rather than 'pompous'. :)
MaximusPrime_  +   699d ago
i just got an email stating that i'm guaranteed to get PS4 on launch day.
WeAreLegion  +   698d ago
Congrats, dude! It's gonna be one heck of a party.
Jaqen_Hghar  +   698d ago
Party at a man's place! Everyone bring your PS4s!
spankdaddi  +   698d ago
I'm looking forward to this generation! Can't wait to see what the next few years bring for gaming
Lukas_Japonicus  +   698d ago
Not surprised. I don't think ive ever seen a better reaction to a console reveal in my life. You treat your customers right, you get their backing. Its as simple as that.
#4 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Magicite  +   698d ago
just keep it on the right tracks, Sony!
TheFallenAngel  +   698d ago
Can't wait to get my ps4. Been with Sony since the ps1.
Bathyj  +   698d ago
Been with Sony since the Walkman. Had a Trinitron TV for 13 years. Sony have been good to me.
CEOSteveBallmer  +   698d ago
Wow some real quality stuff right there, more so if your really taking good care of your electronics. anyway im sure you already have a 32" and above flatscreen LED/LCD T.V. right?? ready for the new Black Behemoth? :)
Bathyj  +   698d ago
Actually I don't really take care of my stuff. My room gets dusty, I had a Psone and ps2 that never broke and my launch Ps3 only just died in June. Never cleaned any of them. Ever. The tv was a 68cm crt, weight about 70kgs. Worked fine for over a decade until one day it didn't. Got my money's worth out of all of them.

Actually my Ps3 was still working but shutting off from time to time. Traded it in on a ps4 while it was still going. That machine just kept on giving.
#5.1.2 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
TheFallenAngel  +   698d ago
Well we have had numerous Sony products I'm our home. Sony then and now have always been known for their high quality products. We had a Sony TV for over 15 years. I had a walkman that survive many falls. Sony radios that still worked before we got rid of them. My launch ps3 lasted 4 years but that thing stayed on day and night.
Jaqen_Hghar  +   698d ago
1998 a man got his PS1 for Christmas. That's still the best Christmas ever for a man and he hasn't looked back since. Sure there's been the Nintendo handhelds and even an occasional PC game, but a man always comes back to Playstation.
GT67  +   698d ago
same here, generation fly by fast every 7 years should of hop off at ps3............ps4 at my face now whoooa
taxi!!
Magicite  +   698d ago
Playstation - the best place to game!
Greatness awaits!
MajorAly  +   698d ago
Jack Tretton has mentioned that they have enough stock apart from pre-orders on launch day that regular markets and stores will have them and people can get it.

This may very well be a history-making launch.
neoMAXMLC  +   698d ago
I just paid off my credit card and realized my local Fry's electronics will probably sell me one at launch despite not having a pre order. Thats how I got my 1st edition Vita. :3

Sweet! Looks like I might not miss the launch after all.
Sitdown  +   698d ago
Why do you think they set some aside and not just went ahead and let them all get locked up through preorders? Just wondering the strategy here. After seeing the complete package with price, there was no way I was leaving it up to trying to walk in a store on release day and get one..but I guess that is grace for some people.
MajorAly  +   698d ago
This is possibly because many people get beaten to pre-orders allotted to their retailers. Hence finding a console on launch day in a store is next to impossible as the units they get all get locked up on pre-orders.

IMO, Sony allotted shelve units as well to keep the flow steady.
T2  +   697d ago
agree with ^... also think about this... on big days like black friday and the lead up to xmas, it is much better if people think they can get one and stores will say like "5 available"... that will cause massive demand and riots in the stores (not literally but you know what i mean), which will get on the news and will create even more demand... that feeds on itself for months and months... all great publicity for sony...
kingboy  +   698d ago
First gaming machine i will be getting on launch day ever..
Jaqen_Hghar  +   698d ago
same with a man.
ShinnokDrako  +   698d ago
Good for them. And i'll take part of it too with my day one PS4 ;D
Counting the days, damn!! End of November (EU) is still too far away! =(
Wizziokid  +   698d ago
Happy to be one of the day one owners.
Ashunderfire86  +   698d ago
Same here I preordered mine when they just announce the price back in June 10th!!!! I should be guarantee to get it launch day. I went to California for a business trip to go to E3, and I knew that I was not going to come back home in time to preorder PS4 at Gamestop. Then I realize that Amazon would be a perfect option. I preordered it the moment Sony announce the price. All I had to do is hit page refresh then blam preorder. I had this impression that Amazon, Gamestop, and etc online was literally waiting seconds to post the preorders as Sony announce the price. It didn't take them at minute lol!!! I was in the hotel room watching the Sony Conference on my laptop at 6pm pacific time! If I had a chance to go to the keynote conferences, I would have to cuff up $800 dollars or becoming a more special exhibitor more into the gaming Industry than just a student learning game design, but at least I got in E3 for free. It normal cost $500 dollars to get into E3. I digress.

Yeah people get ready for a exciting holiday season! What I played at E3 was promising from PS4(went to the Sony booth first), Xbox One, and even the Wii U(I can't believe I miss Shigeru Miyamoto at the Nintendo booth, but one of my guys in game design took a picture with him meh!). I think both consoles are going to sell great this year, but PS4 is obviously going to win no question on that. Xbox One will have it customers, and possibly the ones who luck out in trying to get the PS4. The Wii U has Mario Kart Wii U which was the best Mario Kart I played yet! Bayonetta 2 was awesome, but a bit bummed out that its going out in 2014, instead of 2013, because Nintendo needs this. The Wii U future is uncertain when PS4/X1 comes out with in a month and half, and 23 days from now.

The thing is that PS4 and Xbox One next year will not have a drought like Wii U next year. Infamous Second Son in February is a great example.
#9.1 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
GamerXD  +   698d ago
This is no doubt after PS4 shatters PS3/PS2 launch record.
chrissx  +   698d ago
The good news just can't stop pouring for the Ps4. Proud to support Sony and I always will. Break them records!
WeAreLegion  +   698d ago
Do it!!! I am so excited for November 15th! I plan on starting some N4G clans, if anyone is interested.
Ashunderfire86  +   698d ago
My PSN is legionaire2008 Im getting Killzone ShadowFall and Battlefield 4, along with Free to Play Planetside 2, and Warframe for PS4!!! Heck I'm thinking of renting Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed: Blackflag on Gamefly too.

My PSN name fits your title because I'm a legion lol!!! The 2008 means that's when I got my PS3.
#12.1 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   698d ago
Lol. Awesome. I'll add you when I get off work.
Einhert  +   698d ago
All those gullible people buying into a console at launch, can't wait to see the rage generated by the hardware failures.

If anything it looks likely, failing on live Japanese TV and live at E3.
MasterCornholio  +   698d ago
Yeah its a shame that occurred with Xbox 360 owners with RROD.

Nexus 7 2013
Einhert  +   698d ago
It is silly IMO to buy any console so early, xbox one will likely have its hardware problems, EVERY new piece of hardware does.
MaximusPrime_  +   698d ago
I got PS3 since launch and it failed after 5 years.
Pretty long but yeah anything could happen
Ashunderfire86  +   698d ago
Ah a spoil sport you are. Are you mad cause you can't afford a PS4 at launch, maybe that's why you bashing console early adopters? If you remember the PS3 launch back in 2006, it had a less than 1% failure rate than the 360. Everybody had a working PS3. The PS4 is better design than the PS3 with less heat, and no heavy power brick like you know who. PS4 will have a less than 1% failure rate like the PS3, and possible last longer than the PS3(that was reported in some PS3s to have the yellow light of death, couple years from 2006.).
DragonKnight  +   698d ago
@Einhert: You realize if no one bought the consoles at launch, then not only would these hardware problems go undetected but the companies would fail hard due to lack of sales right?
Bathyj  +   698d ago
Tell that to my launch Ps3 that i had until a couple months ago. it was just staying to misbehave so got a new one and traded it in on a ps4. Bought every PlayStation at launch and never had a problem. Xbox360 on the other hand. Well I won't go into that here, this is a good time happy feeling ps4 thread.
#13.5 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Hicken  +   698d ago
Wait, so two crashes after all the hundreds, perhaps thousands of hours that people have been playing on PS4, and it looks likely?

Wait... you joined 80 days ago... one of THOSE members, eh?
CGI-Quality  +   698d ago
You haven't a clue. It never failed at all, but think what you think, the bubbles will constrain your nonsense.

OT: This makes my second launch purchase, the first was the PS3.
skydragoonity  +   698d ago
With the way things are going i won't be surprised if it does. Everybody loves the ps4
#14 (Edited 698d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ANIALATOR136  +   698d ago
as long as they continue to market it well. Some decent ads in the UK Sony on TV and in the papers.
CEOSteveBallmer  +   698d ago
"Not possible", "Inevitable" - Agent smith
pabadamus1  +   698d ago
It is shaping up to be an epic launch.
TristanPR77  +   698d ago
Embrace yourselves, PS2 golden era is coming!
Ashunderfire86  +   698d ago
Greatness awaits my friend...Greatness awaits!!!
Max-Zorin  +   698d ago
Good thing I pre ordered mine on Amazon. These 2013 era fanboys might start a fight at the midnight launch.
Grave  +   698d ago
Think Im too late for launch day, but I will have one before winter break.
Khajiit86  +   698d ago
I want to say PS4 day 1 but I never pre ordered it. PS4 asap!
Jaqen_Hghar  +   698d ago
A man would be happy to sell you one...for $1000 mwahahaha
GirlOnFire  +   698d ago
I have like $2000 worth of PS4 stuff reserved(4 PS4s bundles, 4 games, 1 controller, and camera). How did this happen?
JuniorCE  +   698d ago
Damn... I did pre order my PS4 in june 11th LoL Almost there ;-)
ivnheim  +   698d ago
I can't wait.

I preordered just after E3. This next generation with the PS4 is shaping like no other at least in the launch window. Do you remember the past shift of generation with the PS3 and 360 where the first few months there was almost no good games, and now i am battling between 6 options to purchase in day 1 (killzone, battlefield, knack, watchdogs, assassin's creed and driveclub), and that without taking in count Warframe wich is going to be free to play.

Excellent work by Sony. Greatnes Awaits.

Final Fantasy VII: Respecting the Remake

7m ago - GE writes: “Final Fantasy VII Remake”, the words every Final Fantasy (shortened to FF for ease in... | PS4

Square Enix reinvents itself for the mobile gaming world

7m ago - Square Enix is a perfect example of how a developer/publisher can successfully shift its attentio... | iPhone

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Review | Gaming Furever

7m ago - When you imagine a world with no living human beings, you probably think of a destroyed wasteland... | PS4

10 Addictive Video Games That Totally Destroyed Your Social Life

8m ago - WC How many times have you fobbed off your friends, your significant other or your family to s... | Culture

New Star Fox Zero footage revealed at PAX Prime

9m ago - Check out some brand new footage of Star Fox Zero from PAX Prime. | Wii U