Submitted by Abriael 710d ago | video

Check Out the New Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Gameplay Demo Showing Daytime Infiltration

During a Stage Event at Tokyo Game Show Kojima Production showcased a new gameplay demo of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and more precisely of the Ground Zeroes prologue, this time around showing the infiltration of the camp during daylight, with results that can be defined not exactly stellar.

Also included the new night time demo, that went a bit differently from two days ago. (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Attached Video
Alternative Sources
deadfrag  +   710d ago
GREAT!Making first tactical infiltration than another guns blazing!
#1 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   710d ago
I'm still laughing at the epic fail at the end though lol. Kojima was right in saying it could go bad :D
PLASTICA-MAN  +   710d ago
This day demo is really better and more interesting than the previous night one. It shows how much the environment is big thus the need for vehicls is mandatory. Also the interrogation part is unbelievably realistic because it is mocapped.
abzdine  +   710d ago
looks great but i hope they're not gonna make it CQC centered like Peace Walker.
starchild  +   710d ago
These are really fantastic graphics. Especially the lighting. I personally think this looks better than some of the other next gen games people talk about for visuals.
#1.1.3 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report
Northtouch  +   710d ago
Finally footage of some gameplay mechanics in action! And damn looks impressive. The CQC looks awesome and incredibly fluid, also i dont understand some of the issues that people are saying about the marking system; if it bothers people that much then just dont use it. I understand some people want that intense stealth experience, but this is MGS moving forward and expanding the core mechanics.

I personally like it, and if and when i get to certain points in the game i'll decide wether i want to use it or not.

Be part of the growth midset, not the fixed one.
Lord_Sloth  +   709d ago
I find this funny because I've always used both options in all MGS games to date. I'll do a Stealth Run and then I'll do a Guns Blazin run. It only turned into a firefight because he failed at Stealth which, correct me if I'm wrong, MGS has always done.
yellowgerbil  +   710d ago
This is not metal gear. Where's the stealth. This worries me.
Abriael  +   710d ago
'cause you know what metal gear is better than its creators. Go figure.
Hufandpuf  +   710d ago
If they made it a first person online game made by kojima, would it still be metal gear?
Abriael  +   710d ago
@Hufandpuf: yep, because a game's creator decide what that game is, not you.
abzdine  +   710d ago
what you are saying makes no sense..
can i say that i understand what FF or Resident Evil are better than its creators when i see what these series have become? i think i can!
Fans are the reason why these companies are breathing.
this video shows NO stealth and yellowgerbil is right to mention it.. it's a more or less big area with 3 ennemies that you can spot using the camera. Also, the AI seems pretty retard!! watch from 6:13 when he will executes the two soldiers, no reaction what so ever from them..
i'm disappointed over this video, i cannot see what makes this game next gen tbh..
#2.1.3 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(5) | Report
AznGaara  +   710d ago
Not sure what demo you were watching...
wishingW3L  +   710d ago
Metal Gear getting the Resident Evil treatment. lol
TheDarpaChief  +   710d ago
You wish metal gear would stoop to that pre rendered background franchises level
starchild  +   710d ago
We'll see.

At least there is Splinter Cell Blacklist to get my stealth fix, and it is amazing.
SlyGuy  +   710d ago
Like previous Meta Gear Solids, I am sure you have the OPTION to use stealth or go guns ablazing.
#2.5 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
v6volume  +   709d ago
I guess you didn't see the night demo. Plus.... This is a demo on low difficulty.... for demo purposes. In any game, it's the users choice for course of action. If you want to go COD, then the day demo is for you. If you want Shadow Moses then the night demo is for you.
Lovable  +   710d ago
That gameplay looks like a cutscene...Looks sooo good
Omar91  +   710d ago
this regenerating life bullshit has gone to far. Snake acts like a sponge. Also is it me or is he running like he's flash or something? I know this is when big boss was in his prime but geez he looks like he's running a tri-aphelion with how fast he's going.
xc7x  +   710d ago
i agree,little too much bullet sponging
greatcrusader44  +   710d ago
He's playing at the easiest difficulty because time restraints, a lot of the hitman like features are disabled in higher difficulties and I'd imagine you die easier, since easier difficulty usually means you have more health.
Ripsta7th  +   710d ago
When big boss was at his prime he was unstopable!!!
Abriael  +   710d ago
It seemed to me that they just turned invulnerability on in order to finish the demo.
#4.3 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
xc7x  +   710d ago
cool
Number-Nine  +   710d ago
health regen...so god damn lame. get it out of metal gear.
TheDarpaChief  +   710d ago
Oh for fucks sake I just stopped grieving over not having this game and they show this ps4 gameplay. Lovely in every sense of the word
AbortMission  +   710d ago
Awesome gameplay but dat regen...
nevin1  +   710d ago
1. There won't be a corner map any more?

2. The weapon swapping is changed from the other 4 games. Wonder how it works here.

3. Is this the PS3 version?

4. What's with them zooming on a Sony cassette tape?

5. Why do people hate regenerated health?
#9 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   710d ago
It is said to be the PS4 version but I honestly can't tell thr difference between this and the PS3 gameplay.
Looks the same to me, lol.
GrandpaSnake  +   710d ago
regeneration was also in mgs4 people complaining probably never played and actuaally payed attention to mgs4. the only thing i was wondering was the leaning system i grew fond of from mgs3 and mgs4 wasnt displayed, i know bf4 will have some leaning functions cant wait for that too.
Koyes  +   710d ago
Agreed. If you were fully prone, your health regenerated
Omar91  +   709d ago
Yes I'm sure 95% of people complaining about regenerating health has an understanding of how it worked in previous games however the difference here is how fast it takes for snake to regenerate. I know this is a demonstration which is played in the easiest settings, however It seemed as if snake didn't even have to be in prone or crouched position to regain health. In previous metal gear games this was the only way to speed up recovery. Now it seems like all you need to do is avoid getting shot for a few secs and you'll be fine.

Sorry for my rant lol had to let it out.
LOL_WUT  +   710d ago
I'm going to be honest here I really, really hate that slow motion and the way he knocks some of the guys down. ;)
Omar91  +   709d ago
Yea I have to agree as well, The slow motion is not needed. Did you see when snake wasn't even aware he was spotted and slow motion was triggered with a quick response to hit L1 button? This defeats the whole purpose of the alert phases.

I may seem like I'm bashing this game left and right, But I just noticed somethings that may ruin the experience of a true MGS game. Kojima is trying to westernize this game way to much.
#10.1 (Edited 709d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   710d ago
I thought the CQC looks fking amazing and cool.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   710d ago
dat western appeal
The_Truth_24_7  +   710d ago
MGSV looks AMAZING!
Go stealth or Rambo style. YOU choose.
#13 (Edited 710d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   709d ago
I have no idea what people are complaining about. It looks amazing to me.
NeloAnjelo  +   709d ago
Looks like a great game. Quality like previous MGS games. I thought the reactions were funny sounding! Lol. Oh, ohhhhhh, oooooh, ahhhhh! Lol
#15 (Edited 709d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Here are your best games coming to console in September

7m ago - With September here now, a host of new games are available for your enjoyment. Here are five of t... | PC

September 2015 brings all the gamers to the yard

8m ago - MWEB GameZone writes: Over 40 games releasing in September. What will you play? Get all the g... | PC

Check What Xbox One Games are Coming Out in August

Now - At Releases.com you can check release dates for all Xbox One games. Visit now and start tracking the games you plan to buy. | Promoted post

Mad Max Review - 1080Players

8m ago - Mad Max is a must purchase title in all aspects of the word with incredible depth and non stop, k... | PC

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Female Characters Gameplay Videos

15m ago - A selection of videos which show off the female fighters you can choose to use instead of Big Bos... | PC

Final Fantasy VII - Retro Review

16m ago - Geeks With Wives: "It’s not uncommon for there to be a game or a series that you’ve heard phenome... | Retro