Submitted by Abriael 609d ago | video

Check Out the New Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Gameplay Demo Showing Daytime Infiltration

During a Stage Event at Tokyo Game Show Kojima Production showcased a new gameplay demo of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and more precisely of the Ground Zeroes prologue, this time around showing the infiltration of the camp during daylight, with results that can be defined not exactly stellar.

Also included the new night time demo, that went a bit differently from two days ago. (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Attached Video
Alternative Sources
deadfrag  +   609d ago
GREAT!Making first tactical infiltration than another guns blazing!
#1 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   609d ago
I'm still laughing at the epic fail at the end though lol. Kojima was right in saying it could go bad :D
PLASTICA-MAN  +   609d ago
This day demo is really better and more interesting than the previous night one. It shows how much the environment is big thus the need for vehicls is mandatory. Also the interrogation part is unbelievably realistic because it is mocapped.
abzdine  +   609d ago
looks great but i hope they're not gonna make it CQC centered like Peace Walker.
starchild  +   609d ago
These are really fantastic graphics. Especially the lighting. I personally think this looks better than some of the other next gen games people talk about for visuals.
#1.1.3 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report
Northtouch  +   609d ago
Finally footage of some gameplay mechanics in action! And damn looks impressive. The CQC looks awesome and incredibly fluid, also i dont understand some of the issues that people are saying about the marking system; if it bothers people that much then just dont use it. I understand some people want that intense stealth experience, but this is MGS moving forward and expanding the core mechanics.

I personally like it, and if and when i get to certain points in the game i'll decide wether i want to use it or not.

Be part of the growth midset, not the fixed one.
Lord_Sloth  +   608d ago
I find this funny because I've always used both options in all MGS games to date. I'll do a Stealth Run and then I'll do a Guns Blazin run. It only turned into a firefight because he failed at Stealth which, correct me if I'm wrong, MGS has always done.
yellowgerbil  +   609d ago
This is not metal gear. Where's the stealth. This worries me.
Abriael  +   609d ago
'cause you know what metal gear is better than its creators. Go figure.
Hufandpuf  +   609d ago
If they made it a first person online game made by kojima, would it still be metal gear?
Abriael  +   609d ago
@Hufandpuf: yep, because a game's creator decide what that game is, not you.
abzdine  +   609d ago
what you are saying makes no sense..
can i say that i understand what FF or Resident Evil are better than its creators when i see what these series have become? i think i can!
Fans are the reason why these companies are breathing.
this video shows NO stealth and yellowgerbil is right to mention it.. it's a more or less big area with 3 ennemies that you can spot using the camera. Also, the AI seems pretty retard!! watch from 6:13 when he will executes the two soldiers, no reaction what so ever from them..
i'm disappointed over this video, i cannot see what makes this game next gen tbh..
#2.1.3 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(5) | Report
AznGaara  +   609d ago
Not sure what demo you were watching...
wishingW3L  +   609d ago
Metal Gear getting the Resident Evil treatment. lol
TheDarpaChief  +   609d ago
You wish metal gear would stoop to that pre rendered background franchises level
starchild  +   609d ago
We'll see.

At least there is Splinter Cell Blacklist to get my stealth fix, and it is amazing.
SlyGuy  +   609d ago
Like previous Meta Gear Solids, I am sure you have the OPTION to use stealth or go guns ablazing.
#2.5 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
v6volume  +   608d ago
I guess you didn't see the night demo. Plus.... This is a demo on low difficulty.... for demo purposes. In any game, it's the users choice for course of action. If you want to go COD, then the day demo is for you. If you want Shadow Moses then the night demo is for you.
Lovable  +   609d ago
That gameplay looks like a cutscene...Looks sooo good
Omar91  +   609d ago
this regenerating life bullshit has gone to far. Snake acts like a sponge. Also is it me or is he running like he's flash or something? I know this is when big boss was in his prime but geez he looks like he's running a tri-aphelion with how fast he's going.
xc7x  +   609d ago
i agree,little too much bullet sponging
greatcrusader44  +   609d ago
He's playing at the easiest difficulty because time restraints, a lot of the hitman like features are disabled in higher difficulties and I'd imagine you die easier, since easier difficulty usually means you have more health.
Ripsta7th  +   609d ago
When big boss was at his prime he was unstopable!!!
Abriael  +   609d ago
It seemed to me that they just turned invulnerability on in order to finish the demo.
#4.3 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
xc7x  +   609d ago
cool
Number-Nine  +   609d ago
health regen...so god damn lame. get it out of metal gear.
TheDarpaChief  +   609d ago
Oh for fucks sake I just stopped grieving over not having this game and they show this ps4 gameplay. Lovely in every sense of the word
AbortMission  +   609d ago
Awesome gameplay but dat regen...
nevin1  +   609d ago
1. There won't be a corner map any more?

2. The weapon swapping is changed from the other 4 games. Wonder how it works here.

3. Is this the PS3 version?

4. What's with them zooming on a Sony cassette tape?

5. Why do people hate regenerated health?
#9 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   609d ago
It is said to be the PS4 version but I honestly can't tell thr difference between this and the PS3 gameplay.
Looks the same to me, lol.
GrandpaSnake  +   609d ago
regeneration was also in mgs4 people complaining probably never played and actuaally payed attention to mgs4. the only thing i was wondering was the leaning system i grew fond of from mgs3 and mgs4 wasnt displayed, i know bf4 will have some leaning functions cant wait for that too.
Koyes  +   609d ago
Agreed. If you were fully prone, your health regenerated
Omar91  +   609d ago
Yes I'm sure 95% of people complaining about regenerating health has an understanding of how it worked in previous games however the difference here is how fast it takes for snake to regenerate. I know this is a demonstration which is played in the easiest settings, however It seemed as if snake didn't even have to be in prone or crouched position to regain health. In previous metal gear games this was the only way to speed up recovery. Now it seems like all you need to do is avoid getting shot for a few secs and you'll be fine.

Sorry for my rant lol had to let it out.
LOL_WUT  +   609d ago
I'm going to be honest here I really, really hate that slow motion and the way he knocks some of the guys down. ;)
Omar91  +   609d ago
Yea I have to agree as well, The slow motion is not needed. Did you see when snake wasn't even aware he was spotted and slow motion was triggered with a quick response to hit L1 button? This defeats the whole purpose of the alert phases.

I may seem like I'm bashing this game left and right, But I just noticed somethings that may ruin the experience of a true MGS game. Kojima is trying to westernize this game way to much.
#10.1 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Shuyin  +   609d ago
I thought the CQC looks fking amazing and cool.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   609d ago
dat western appeal
The_Truth_24_7  +   609d ago
MGSV looks AMAZING!
Go stealth or Rambo style. YOU choose.
#13 (Edited 609d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   608d ago
I have no idea what people are complaining about. It looks amazing to me.
NeloAnjelo  +   608d ago
Looks like a great game. Quality like previous MGS games. I thought the reactions were funny sounding! Lol. Oh, ohhhhhh, oooooh, ahhhhh! Lol
#15 (Edited 608d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

How delays turned ‘The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’ into a must-own game

9m ago - Newly released “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” is a great game released at an even better time. Becaus... | PC

Pushing the Genre’s In Games

9m ago - What your game Genre means | PS4

The Witcher 3

Now - All the lore you need to know. | Promoted post

AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta to Be Released in Wake of Project Cars, Witcher 3 Issues

10m ago - "Update hopes to fix issues found by AMD users when playing Project Cars and/or The Witcher 3." | PC

Arkham Insider: Episode 3, Get Up Close With Arkham Knight, Scarecrow, And Batman

10m ago - Arkham Insider Episode 3: This time, it's personal. Rocksteady unveils a brand new mini-trailer f... | PC

Durante's Witcher 3 analysis: the alchemy of smoothness

10m ago - Peter "Durante" Thoman is the creator of PC downsampling tool GeDoSaTo and the modder behind Dark... | PC