Submitted by Abriael 688d ago | trailer

New Model for PS Vita Gets a Trailer

Sony began their press conference with a bang by announcing a new model for PS Vita and showing a trailer of it. (PS Vita)

Attached Video
Alternative Sources
SonyNGP  +   688d ago
More like NOLED Vita :P
vigilante_man  +   688d ago
Should of gone 4G. Won't give up my Super OLED for anything else!!

Happy about 64Gb Memory Card!
#1.1 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NewMonday  +   688d ago
with the internal 1G flash memory those who buy physical don't have to worry about memory cards anymore.
PoSTedUP  +   688d ago
omg :O :'D so beautyful. hope they have controller case for this, the vita cramps my hands without one (im on it litterally all day).
#1.1.2 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
Army_of_Darkness  +   688d ago
The happiest person on stage looked like the dude with the pink vita?! LOL
minimur12  +   688d ago
This translator really effing annoying-

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

uhmm.....

*long pause*

*FLIP PAGE*
ohiostatesman  +   688d ago
With Vita TV - This device doesn't make any sense to have. Why would anyone pay 150-200 dollars to play vita games on their tv when they can just get a ps3 or xbox 360 for 200 dollars. Those console offer superior gaming experiences on your tv. This is beyond ridiculous. Plus you gotta buy a 32gb memory card for 100 dollars or a 64 gb card for 160 dollars. what??
#1.1.5 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(9) | Report
sincitysir1  +   688d ago
Might buy another one for the nice colors ! When my oled battery dies ill just switch to my other one =D
bullymangLer   688d ago | Trolling | show
come_bom  +   688d ago
This dampened my interest in the new Vita: Vita's OLED screen has been replaced by an LED one.
#1.3 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
minimur12  +   688d ago
Thought it was LCD?
#1.3.1 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
miyamoto  +   688d ago
LED LCD has matured in terms of display tech. Its why Apple and many OEMs sticks with it. They have good saturation and contrast and black levels and wide viewing angles now.

I have a Galaxy S III with AMOLED screen and a Macbook Pro with LED display and an new ASUS Nexus 7 with IPS display and I can tell you they all have excellent display screens.
jcnba28  +   688d ago
Why didn't they announce this at Gamescom when they dropped the price?

Sucks for the gamers who just bought the original model.
PrimeGrime  +   687d ago
Not really as you can see most plan to keep those old models or even continue buying them because most people are over reacting about this LCD.

It isn't old LCD's like used in the PSP, that would just be asburd. These are new super LCD's that easily rival OLED screens. Which is why I have said too many times now Sony pointed that out during the conference "the advancements of LCD's" they didn't say that for nothing.

A lot of new stuff these days is using these new super LCD's, they are just as good as TFT and Super AMOLED Plus screens. The differences are extremely minimal and not important enough to say one is worse than the other just a matter of which looks better to you really cause they look so similar anyway.
Relientk77  +   688d ago
So many colors to choose from, awesome
FullmetalAlchemist  +   688d ago
Yeah really like the red one...or is that pink? Well anyway the grey looks good too!
RytGear  +   688d ago
I SINCERELY hope that OLED is a difficult word to translate...
colonel179  +   688d ago
Me too. Hope they release the tech specs soon to know for sure.
tubers  +   688d ago
Yes! No more MURA, Black Crushing/Clipping and it's cheaper too! (returned 4 VITAs because of this)

1GB internal does help for saves.

64 GB card was also announced!

Hope both gets an international release soon. :)
ZodTheRipper  +   688d ago
All the right moves to make Vita a success =)
Too bad I already got one :S
#4.1 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
tubers  +   688d ago
Well, unless you don't like it's OLED then it's still mostly good!
r21  +   688d ago
You've returned 4 vitas? What have you been doing to them D:
GrandpaSnake  +   688d ago
i dropped mine four times and its still kickin
TongkatAli  +   688d ago
I'm scared their jaws are going to break from smiling so hard, lol.
ninjahunter  +   688d ago
Ew gross XD LCD? Well im glad that i grabbled one earlier haha. It might not be a big deal to most people, but to me OLED is definatelly a system seller, I can hardly anticipate how awesome crunchy roll will be on it.
wishingW3L  +   688d ago
people on the chat say that the OLED suffers from major burn-ins apparently and that's why they went back to LCD. Now to hope it is an IPS panel at the very least....

I didn't know about the burn-in though since I never owned a Vita. These are news to me.
#6.1 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
Otoshigamisama  +   688d ago
Dude those burn ins only happened because those vita owners don't know how to take care of the system, it can pretty much be avoided if one is careful. :)

Ps,IMO I prefer OLED but this is still good news to me hope you are one of the future vita owners :)
#6.1.1 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
strigoi814  +   688d ago
OLED is better than the LCD for sure...but hey with this announcement we can see a PS4 and PSvita bundle..
M-M  +   688d ago
It's very possible, won't be too long now.
Eyesoftheraven  +   688d ago
Their poor arms... 0_0
#8 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Lboogieskells  +   688d ago
Did the screen get smaller? Sony is showing a lot of confidence in the vita. I believe it will do well this holiday.
#9 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Kydawg  +   688d ago
FFX remake on the Vita remake!!!
#Bluejeansnowbrownjeans
#10 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
GMoneyChuck  +   688d ago
Damn, I'm really liking that light blue one.
Kydawg  +   688d ago
No HDMI output yet!? WTF
BISHOP-BRASIL  +   688d ago
Had you waited an extra hour or a bit less you would know why... LOL
Kydawg  +   688d ago
Yup, placing foot in mouth. Buying Vita TV.
pyramidshead  +   688d ago
haha true :P
miyamoto  +   688d ago
Yup that is a bummer.

No A/V out?
My PSP can do that Sony!

its 2013 and all Xperia devices have both HDMI out and wireless mirroring on TV.

Vita TV is an additional expense.
xxV0rschlaghammer  +   688d ago
Now even more models of the vita to sit on shelves!
coolasj  +   688d ago
I'm going to love my original Vita like I never have before. OLED, you'll never leave me right? But... I do want that new Baby Blue one... I can have two right?
Williamson  +   688d ago
So does this mean the oled model will coexist with the LCD model or will the oled model get phased out? I hope they keep both out and have the LCD model cheaper.
LOGICWINS  +   688d ago
Most likely the OLED model will be phased out by early 2014 and Sony will bank on consumers fighting like dogs for the remaining older models given the superior screen.
boybato  +   688d ago
there were rumors that they'll phase out the 3g model.
Lolrus  +   688d ago
That oled omission ruined what was a perfect upgrade. I was dead set on purchasing one before realising its lcd. Lcd may have better contrast ratios and realistic look, but for a gaming machine I need vibrant colours, deep blacks..and not that washed out look with separatr backlight shiet.....urghh
Considering the screen on the vita is a low res 544*960 the lack of vibrancy n colour will make the screen look even more pants
#16 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ZodTheRipper  +   688d ago
If you'd like a Vita with OLED I'd be happy to give you mine in exchange for a white one with LCD display :P
You shouldn't expect a huge difference between OLED & LCD on a 5" screen.
Jaqen_Hghar  +   688d ago
More battery life and 1gb storage makes a man happy
DarkBlood  +   688d ago
i was so close to getting a vita but now i got to wait even longer turns out it was pink not red lol
CptFlashHeart  +   688d ago
It still needs games, goddammit. This is just the PSP revisted. New hardware every 18 months with a trickle of games.

GAMES SELL HARDWARE, NOT NEW HARDWARE.

I'm glad I sold mine, there is literally nothing worth buying on this system.
WitWolfy  +   688d ago
Not entirely true bro... I got more than 12-18 games totally worth any gamer on the move's time.
I love my PSV
jcnba28  +   688d ago
You're right, PSP > Vita
kwiksilver99  +   688d ago
has a price for the new model been announced?

it would be a great move if it is priced less than $200 even if the screen is a downgrade
PrimeGrime  +   688d ago
Aw man they killed me with that forest green one.. Sigh I was hoping for a more vibrant green, like the ones previously shown when the Vita was released. That neon green was awesome.

Guess I'll stick with black. I think the new models look better than these in black at least.

The LCD thing is a tough cookie though, no doubt its very new LCD tech so who knows it could be S-LCD 3 for all we know if that is the case, over all S-AMOLED+ is still better but it won't be too noticeable besides the darkness of blacks. I mean these screens have been compared quite a bit online and everyone says there is very little difference between them all.

Gonna have to wait for full specifications I suppose.

I can't personally say I haven't seen S-LCD 3 in person, I have the S4, don't know anyone with a HTC One X screen to compare like that, just seen video comparisons but if it isn't that new of a LCD screen I probably will just keep what I have. Or I think I will wait for some comparison videos cause I do like how that black one looks but I am not sure if its a good enough trade off.

I wonder if the pixel density will be higher with the LCD also.

The 1GB internal memory and longer battery life is a plus though and boy am I excited to get me a 64GB card now. That should be all I need.

I hope this stuff releases soon in the U.S. as well, might not be the case since its selling better in Japan but I hope it does. I need comparisons now!
#21 (Edited 688d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
carmelo43  +   688d ago
Are these colors coming to NA

OUYA-Razer Deal: Indie Devs Get Angry, Razer Steps Up

8m ago - After the Razer-OUYA acquisition, many indie devs claimed lost funding due to Free the Games Fund... | Android

Just Cause 3 - First Developer Diary Released

8m ago - Avalanche Studios and Square Enix released today the first developer diary for Just Cause 3. | PC

Warhammer: Arcane Magic Comes to iOS

Now - Test your tactics against legendary foes! | Promoted post

PlayStation: From A to Z ā€“ The Letter ā€œSā€

9m ago - Ken McKown writes: The From A to Z series lets our editors go back and take a look at games from... | Retro

MONG Podcast 88 | Can Developers Learn to Finish Games Before Release from Fallout 4?

9m ago - This is a good one folks! Well, all of the MONG Podcasts are good, but this one is sick! Adam, My... | PC

Action-platformer Iconoclasts Coming to PS4, PS Vita

9m ago - Hello! My name is Joakim Sandberg, also known as Konjak, and I am making Iconoclasts for PS4 and... | PS4