Submitted by Abriael 511d ago | news

inFAMOUS: Second Son’s Nate Fox on PS4: “Powerful Enough for Us to do Just Silly, Stupid Things”

inFAMOUS: Second Son is one of the most anticipated between the titles coming for the PS4, and its Game Director Nate Fox has a quite peculiar way to define the console's power, also sharing other interesting details on what the hardware brings to the table. (inFamous: Second Son, Nate Fox, PS4)

ZodTheRipper  +   511d ago
I feel like this game is going to be way bigger than what we've seen so far. Can't wait to see more of it, in fact it's probably my most wanted with The Order 1886 right now.
#1 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(62) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   511d ago
the city is REALLY big from what they said and shown.
ZodTheRipper  +   511d ago
"Big" was probably the wrong word, what I really meant was amazing, epic, awesome :D
Big in terms of quality, if you can say it that way ...but I'm still working on my english :S
Eonjay  +   511d ago
I am incredibly excited for this game.
Army_of_Darkness  +   511d ago
If they were able to do so much more things, why didn't they make it 60fps as well?? that would of been a nice topping on the cake.
Ultra  +   511d ago
Physics freaks would like to see main characters with realistic moving clothes & hairs (both males and females)in upcoming next-gen games, they have enough of characters in hats, helmets, balds last gen. But can't argue that the new Infamous shows awesome particles and flames!
Ezz2013  +   511d ago
hmmmm, crazy things ?!

it's clear that they will make Kaz the final boss battle
#1.1.5 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Maddens Raiders  +   511d ago
Another AAA system seller right here.
thekhurg  +   511d ago
You mean anosher AAA syshtem sheller right shere.
GentlemenRUs  +   511d ago
That is the most funniest thing I've ever seen!

Now you owe me a new keyboard... xD!
THE-COMMANDER  +   511d ago
LOL!
iMixMasTer872   511d ago | Spam
Sevir  +   511d ago
Lmaooo. Cerny Computer Entertainment!!!
madpuppy  +   511d ago
I like how Cerny's head doubles in size... :P
Lwhit6  +   511d ago
Can't wait for this to come out next year. Gonna be my spring break title.
xXSnake_EaterXx  +   511d ago
Well said...this game looks like its going to be huge.

I still cannot believe how beautiful it looks and its sandbox game.
#1.5 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ArchangelMike  +   511d ago
Like I posted in another thread, it really does not matter which next-gen console is more powerful. Sony first party studios have always consistently produced more higher quality games than Microsoft first party studios. I'm not talking about style or genre of game, I'm talking about the overall quality of the finished product. Sony first party wins every time.
Clover904  +   511d ago
I have to agree. I love the unmatched variety of Sony's games. Shooter, action/adventure, platmormer, racer, fighter, interactive drama... Sony makes them all, and they're top notch! And you have to love the way Sony supports their system. Two months away from the launch of the ps4, and Sony is still releasing great games for ps3. Beyond Two Souls, Ratchet & Clank, Rain, Gran Turismo. There's no way I'm going to miss out on Sony exclusives next gen. I can die happy when The Last of Us 2 is released. Infected NPCs in multiplayer!
NateCole  +   511d ago
The power is just icing on the cake.
Lionalliance  +   511d ago
"Shings"?
Abriael  +   511d ago
lol how the hell did that end up there... it's "things" :D

That's what happens when you don't sleep for 48 hours. Time for a nap. Hopefully a mod will correct it... or leave it there, for the posterity.
#3.1 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Kingthrash360  +   511d ago
i thought the game was so awsome it made its own words....o.O
DarkBlood  +   511d ago
swhing swhing swhing
Chaostar  +   511d ago
"Shings" are an exclusive feature of PS4

edit: The site updated the title to fix the typo, can we get a mod up in here to do the same plz :)

Although my joke will no longer make sense to newcomers... take your time.
#5 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Destrania  +   511d ago
I don't know if my brain will be able to handle all the shings. I heard that the PS4 is the first and only device that is powerful enough to compute them. Can't wait!
#5.1 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
EXVirtual  +   511d ago
This is great! This and the Order 1886 are probably the best looking games so far for next gen!
Hazmat13  +   511d ago
next gen shing technology, shing like nobody is watching. shing one and shing 2. shing life.
ABeastNamedTariq  +   511d ago
Bring on February! One of the best of next gen right here! Can't wait!
AceBlazer13  +   511d ago
Every shing about the ps4 is amazing so far.
Destrania  +   511d ago
I didn't know Infamous had shings! What?! Edit: Cerny confirms that shings are coming, and are only available on PS4. Woo!
shivvy24  +   511d ago
this vid is 2 months old , and theres 5 months of dev time left !
EDIT : Sorry wrong convo ! Its for the one below this
#10.1 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheKingWilliamV  +   511d ago
Hmmm I'll just leave this right here notice the buildings popping up in the middle...

#11 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(25) | Report | Reply
Destrania  +   511d ago
gtfo pathetic moron.
Kryptix  +   511d ago
@TKWV
You know the game won't be released till 2014, right? And I saw the video you posted, I think you misunderstood.

The video you posted is about how we should direct all our criticism and "attacks" on the developers not on ourselves but you fail to realize that this is the N4G comment section. Below the article is the area where we share thoughts, opinions, and correct bs just like your post.

If you really want to go by the video, you shouldn't even be here. You should be on a developer's Twitter page but they'll most likely tell you the same thing. The game won't be released till 2014 and as professional developers that have been making games for a very long time now, they'll definitely fix it.

I think you're a hypocrite, the truth is you came here to attack other people's thoughts on the game with zero logic and posted a video about how defending a product is like a personal attack but we're only fixing errors in you flawed logic. But like I said, you should try talking to the developers instead so they can correct your ignorance.
Abriael  +   511d ago
Yep, because the game isn't still in pre-alpha right?
Pancit_Canton  +   511d ago
The would be bad if they don't have 6 months to work on it. lol
AceBlazer13  +   511d ago
Wow. Even as a gif the game looks amazing.
Heisenburger  +   511d ago
It's almost as if it has five more months of development time.

Have a bad day man?

Edit: Stealthed by Pancit. Lol
#11.5 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KonsoruMasuta  +   511d ago
Wow, it's almost as if it's still in development.
M-M  +   511d ago
Which it is...
KonsoruMasuta  +   511d ago
M-M, that what I was basically saying. I guess I have to start putting an /S for sarcasm at the end of my post.
kwiksilver99  +   511d ago
lol
Hicken  +   511d ago
You shouldn't leave it. You should take it. Take it and get outta here.
The_Truth_24_7  +   511d ago
Thanks for showing people the truth. Not even "shings" can help these lazy devs with pop ins.
ziggurcat  +   511d ago
except, it's not the retail version of the game, and it's not going to be on the market for at least another 6 months, which is plenty of time to iron out any problems, especially irrelevant, unimportant pop-in issues.

or is it only okay for xbox trolls to defend bugs in a game, claiming that it's still in development?
fghtrer3fb5erg  +   511d ago
Same thing happens with xboxone demos, if you look at driveclub it has no anti aliasing but the final product will.
stuna1  +   511d ago
A building popping up in a Alpha build of a game, Seriously all that proves is Shings are so amazing that the software doesn't even know what to do!

But seriously what game in Alpha build doesn't have bugs? Hell plenty of bugs and glitches have been found in finished games.
#11.10 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
shivvy24  +   511d ago
this vid is 2 months old , and theres 5 months of dev time left !
sckipt  +   511d ago
and this is how we know the PS4 is powerful because of what he just said
MultiConsoleGamer  +   511d ago
This is definitely the game I want to play most on the PS4. If you saw the private theater demo at e3 then you easily know why. Day one purchase.
Bolts  +   511d ago
Is it going to be powerful enough to do silly stupid things in 1080p and 60fps? Because if I want silly stupid things at 720p then my fossil PS3 from 2006 can do that too.
ShwankyShpanky  +   511d ago
Gotta back up this comment... I've already got my preorder in, but everyone should be striving hard for 1080p/60fps. The current gen was hyped as the HD gen, and few games were able to demonstrate a full HD experience.

Don't know if I'd want it to be policy, because some devs are simply going to be willing to sacrifice pixels and frames for creative reasons, but I'll be disappointed if they're not able to keep *everything* locked at 720p/30fps+ at the *very* least. I don't think that's asking too much.
#14.1 (Edited 511d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Theendgame  +   511d ago
The X1/Ps4 will probably be 1080p 30fps standard.
Tres21  +   511d ago
i want this game bad...that is all
Sevir  +   511d ago
Seriously, This game is the most Next Generation Looking and feeling of all the games revealed so far!

This is THE GAME on PS4 that I'm seriously waiting on. Killzone, Watch_Dogs and Resogun will tide me over.
Agent_hitman  +   511d ago
I was impressed by this game, especially when I saw the demo on YT.
Arcanine  +   510d ago
im going to rape my special edition when the game comes out :)!

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Review | Twinstick Gaming

33m ago - Twinstick Gaming: Nobody has a grasp of the original and simple ideas that work so beautifully an... | Wii U

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Review (Wii U) - Always Nintendo

33m ago - Always Nintendo: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – a game created based off of a minigame in the W... | Wii U

Shape of the World trailer shows off… well, the shape of the world

2h ago - A brand new trailer of Shape of the World has been revealed, bringing with it the peaceful specta... | PC

A Case for Twilight Princess: The Music, Part 3

2h ago - ZI: This article series demonstrates how the music of TP is among the most sophisticated and int... | GameCube

SMITE World Championships LIVE January 9th to 11th

Now - You can watch the games and enter giveaways over at http://beta.cursevoice.com/smite-worlds | Promoted post

Brilliance in Level Design: Ocarina of Time’s Water Temple

2h ago - ZI: "No, it's not April Fool's Day. I really am analyzing the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time a... | Retro