Submitted by Abriael 305d ago | news

inFAMOUS: Second Son’s Nate Fox on PS4: “Powerful Enough for Us to do Just Silly, Stupid Things”

inFAMOUS: Second Son is one of the most anticipated between the titles coming for the PS4, and its Game Director Nate Fox has a quite peculiar way to define the console's power, also sharing other interesting details on what the hardware brings to the table. (inFamous: Second Son, Nate Fox, PS4)

ZodTheRipper  +   305d ago
I feel like this game is going to be way bigger than what we've seen so far. Can't wait to see more of it, in fact it's probably my most wanted with The Order 1886 right now.
#1 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(62) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Abriael  +   305d ago
the city is REALLY big from what they said and shown.
ZodTheRipper  +   305d ago
"Big" was probably the wrong word, what I really meant was amazing, epic, awesome :D
Big in terms of quality, if you can say it that way ...but I'm still working on my english :S
Eonjay  +   305d ago
I am incredibly excited for this game.
Army_of_Darkness  +   305d ago
If they were able to do so much more things, why didn't they make it 60fps as well?? that would of been a nice topping on the cake.
Ultra  +   305d ago
Physics freaks would like to see main characters with realistic moving clothes & hairs (both males and females)in upcoming next-gen games, they have enough of characters in hats, helmets, balds last gen. But can't argue that the new Infamous shows awesome particles and flames!
Ezz2013  +   304d ago
hmmmm, crazy things ?!

it's clear that they will make Kaz the final boss battle
#1.1.5 (Edited 304d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Maddens Raiders  +   305d ago
Another AAA system seller right here.
thekhurg  +   305d ago
You mean anosher AAA syshtem sheller right shere.
GentlemenRUs  +   305d ago
That is the most funniest thing I've ever seen!

Now you owe me a new keyboard... xD!
THE-COMMANDER  +   305d ago
LOL!
iMixMasTer872   305d ago | Spam
Sevir  +   305d ago
Lmaooo. Cerny Computer Entertainment!!!
madpuppy  +   305d ago
I like how Cerny's head doubles in size... :P
Lwhit6  +   305d ago
Can't wait for this to come out next year. Gonna be my spring break title.
xXSnake_EaterXx  +   305d ago
Well said...this game looks like its going to be huge.

I still cannot believe how beautiful it looks and its sandbox game.
#1.5 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ArchangelMike  +   305d ago
Like I posted in another thread, it really does not matter which next-gen console is more powerful. Sony first party studios have always consistently produced more higher quality games than Microsoft first party studios. I'm not talking about style or genre of game, I'm talking about the overall quality of the finished product. Sony first party wins every time.
Clover904  +   305d ago
I have to agree. I love the unmatched variety of Sony's games. Shooter, action/adventure, platmormer, racer, fighter, interactive drama... Sony makes them all, and they're top notch! And you have to love the way Sony supports their system. Two months away from the launch of the ps4, and Sony is still releasing great games for ps3. Beyond Two Souls, Ratchet & Clank, Rain, Gran Turismo. There's no way I'm going to miss out on Sony exclusives next gen. I can die happy when The Last of Us 2 is released. Infected NPCs in multiplayer!
NateCole  +   305d ago
The power is just icing on the cake.
Lionalliance  +   305d ago
"Shings"?
Abriael  +   305d ago
lol how the hell did that end up there... it's "things" :D

That's what happens when you don't sleep for 48 hours. Time for a nap. Hopefully a mod will correct it... or leave it there, for the posterity.
#3.1 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Kingthrash360  +   305d ago
i thought the game was so awsome it made its own words....o.O
DarkBlood  +   305d ago
swhing swhing swhing
Chaostar  +   305d ago
"Shings" are an exclusive feature of PS4

edit: The site updated the title to fix the typo, can we get a mod up in here to do the same plz :)

Although my joke will no longer make sense to newcomers... take your time.
#5 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Destrania  +   305d ago
I don't know if my brain will be able to handle all the shings. I heard that the PS4 is the first and only device that is powerful enough to compute them. Can't wait!
#5.1 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
EXVirtual  +   305d ago
This is great! This and the Order 1886 are probably the best looking games so far for next gen!
Hazmat13  +   305d ago
next gen shing technology, shing like nobody is watching. shing one and shing 2. shing life.
ABeastNamedTariq  +   305d ago
Bring on February! One of the best of next gen right here! Can't wait!
AceBlazer13  +   305d ago
Every shing about the ps4 is amazing so far.
Destrania  +   305d ago
I didn't know Infamous had shings! What?! Edit: Cerny confirms that shings are coming, and are only available on PS4. Woo!
shivvy24  +   305d ago
this vid is 2 months old , and theres 5 months of dev time left !
EDIT : Sorry wrong convo ! Its for the one below this
#10.1 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheKingWilliamV  +   305d ago
Hmmm I'll just leave this right here notice the buildings popping up in the middle...

#11 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(25) | Report | Reply
Destrania  +   305d ago
gtfo pathetic moron.
Kryptix  +   305d ago
@TKWV
You know the game won't be released till 2014, right? And I saw the video you posted, I think you misunderstood.

The video you posted is about how we should direct all our criticism and "attacks" on the developers not on ourselves but you fail to realize that this is the N4G comment section. Below the article is the area where we share thoughts, opinions, and correct bs just like your post.

If you really want to go by the video, you shouldn't even be here. You should be on a developer's Twitter page but they'll most likely tell you the same thing. The game won't be released till 2014 and as professional developers that have been making games for a very long time now, they'll definitely fix it.

I think you're a hypocrite, the truth is you came here to attack other people's thoughts on the game with zero logic and posted a video about how defending a product is like a personal attack but we're only fixing errors in you flawed logic. But like I said, you should try talking to the developers instead so they can correct your ignorance.
Abriael  +   305d ago
Yep, because the game isn't still in pre-alpha right?
Pancit_Canton  +   305d ago
The would be bad if they don't have 6 months to work on it. lol
AceBlazer13  +   305d ago
Wow. Even as a gif the game looks amazing.
Heisenburger  +   305d ago
It's almost as if it has five more months of development time.

Have a bad day man?

Edit: Stealthed by Pancit. Lol
#11.5 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KonsoruMasuta  +   305d ago
Wow, it's almost as if it's still in development.
M-M  +   305d ago
Which it is...
KonsoruMasuta  +   305d ago
M-M, that what I was basically saying. I guess I have to start putting an /S for sarcasm at the end of my post.
kwiksilver99  +   305d ago
lol
Hicken  +   305d ago
You shouldn't leave it. You should take it. Take it and get outta here.
The_Truth_24_7  +   305d ago
Thanks for showing people the truth. Not even "shings" can help these lazy devs with pop ins.
ziggurcat  +   305d ago
except, it's not the retail version of the game, and it's not going to be on the market for at least another 6 months, which is plenty of time to iron out any problems, especially irrelevant, unimportant pop-in issues.

or is it only okay for xbox trolls to defend bugs in a game, claiming that it's still in development?
fghtrer3fb5erg  +   305d ago
Same thing happens with xboxone demos, if you look at driveclub it has no anti aliasing but the final product will.
stuna1  +   305d ago
A building popping up in a Alpha build of a game, Seriously all that proves is Shings are so amazing that the software doesn't even know what to do!

But seriously what game in Alpha build doesn't have bugs? Hell plenty of bugs and glitches have been found in finished games.
#11.10 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
shivvy24  +   305d ago
this vid is 2 months old , and theres 5 months of dev time left !
sckipt  +   305d ago
and this is how we know the PS4 is powerful because of what he just said
MultiConsoleGamer  +   305d ago
This is definitely the game I want to play most on the PS4. If you saw the private theater demo at e3 then you easily know why. Day one purchase.
Bolts  +   305d ago
Is it going to be powerful enough to do silly stupid things in 1080p and 60fps? Because if I want silly stupid things at 720p then my fossil PS3 from 2006 can do that too.
ShwankyShpanky  +   305d ago
Gotta back up this comment... I've already got my preorder in, but everyone should be striving hard for 1080p/60fps. The current gen was hyped as the HD gen, and few games were able to demonstrate a full HD experience.

Don't know if I'd want it to be policy, because some devs are simply going to be willing to sacrifice pixels and frames for creative reasons, but I'll be disappointed if they're not able to keep *everything* locked at 720p/30fps+ at the *very* least. I don't think that's asking too much.
#14.1 (Edited 305d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Theendgame  +   304d ago
The X1/Ps4 will probably be 1080p 30fps standard.
Tres21  +   305d ago
i want this game bad...that is all
Sevir  +   305d ago
Seriously, This game is the most Next Generation Looking and feeling of all the games revealed so far!

This is THE GAME on PS4 that I'm seriously waiting on. Killzone, Watch_Dogs and Resogun will tide me over.
Agent_hitman  +   305d ago
I was impressed by this game, especially when I saw the demo on YT.
Arcanine  +   304d ago
im going to rape my special edition when the game comes out :)!

Rumor: Detailed Rundown Of Batman: Arkham Knight Plot Leaked

2m ago - Some pretty intriguing details regarding Batman: Arkham Knight may have been leaked, which offers... | PC

China creates a breast-size ranking for all 39 female League of Legends champions

2m ago - Games in Asia: A post on Duowan has become extremely popular in the past few days and is currentl... | PC

Top 5 Underwater Games

2m ago - Break out your scuba gear! This week, Lisa looks at the top 5 games that take you under the sea. | PC

Top 5 Beaches in Video Games

2m ago - Lisa kicks back for some fun in the sun with the best beaches in video games. | Wii

Filmwatch June Contests

Now - Join us as we give away a ton of cash this month! | Promoted post

PR Change For Warframe Adds More Evidence To Support “Pay-To-Win” Acquisition

12m ago - Perfect World Entertainment are one of the most successful free-to-play publishers in the market... | PC