Submitted by Relientk77 721d ago | preview

Bayonetta 2 Is Sexier, Faster, And More Badass Than Its Predecessor | Siliconera

Siliconera - At the Wonderful Panel at the Penny Arcade Expo this year, Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya said that one of the ways his team develops an idea is through a strategy called “crash and build”. He went on to explain that the term refers to building on an idea until something cool comes from it, and then rebuilding that idea until it becomes something even cooler. This process repeats until the development team satisfied with an idea. (Bayonetta 2, Wii U)

XboxFun  +   721d ago
Bayonetta 2 Is Sexier, Faster, And More Badass Than Its Predecessor
Amen to that!
brich233  +   721d ago
yeah but who has a wii u?
Ritsujun  +   721d ago
And, the platform's slower than current-gen.
KonsoruMasuta  +   721d ago
I do. That and the PS4 are my console choices for the next gen.
bullymangLer  +   720d ago
atleast 1 ((million))people already HAVE a wiiU ha haa who

daing sony and micro are so stupid because they actually let an opportunity like bayonetta 2 sLip < fact

even more gLory for nintendo then geez such kings
brich233  +   720d ago
out of the 45 disagrees how many of u guys have a wii u? Agree if u have one, disagree if u dont have one.
Darrius Cole  +   721d ago
Indeed, too bad its going to be wasted on Wii-U, which nobody has.

They should have mortgaged their houses and sold their children to get this game on PS4 in time for the system launch. It would have been THE game to buy with your PS4. Now, it will sell about a quarter-million copies if it's lucky.

I like her new hairstyle, though. Here's to hope that I get to play it one day.
KonsoruMasuta  +   721d ago
"wasted on Wii-U, which nobody has."

Speak for yourself.
_QQ_  +   721d ago
Lol take your ignorance elsewhere. If you like the Bayonetta franchise kiss Nintendo's ass for making it happen.
#1.2.2 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(26) | Disagree(5) | Report
JuleyJules  +   721d ago
Firstly, why are you reading about a Wii U game? You clearly will not be getting one which is your loss. In the meantime we'll be enjoying Bayonetta 2 next year thanks to Nintendo. Keep dreaming that this will come to PS4 - no amount of money will get Nintendo to publish it for PS4/Xbone. Sony & MS passed on it so you can send your complaints to them.
gpturbo81  +   720d ago
more people have a wii u than ps4/Xone, but according to everyone here they've already won....sideways thinking, ya..
Ol_G  +   720d ago
thanks to 1080p resolution, doesn’t feel cluttered or give the impression that there’s too much going on on-screen at once.

huh i thought the wii u couldn't do 1080p with difficult games but b2 is doing it at 60fps i wonder what the trolls use for excuse this time
AJBACK2FRAG  +   720d ago
It looks gorgeous and there's going to be only one place to play it. Wii U! It's time for the fence sitters to ante up! Woooo!
#1.3.1 (Edited 720d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Enemy  +   721d ago
Only on Wii U.
Misaka_x_Touma  +   721d ago
lol you got disagreed wow
Enemy  +   721d ago
Was a test. Results came back satisfactory, as expected. Idiots.
Misaka_x_Touma  +   721d ago
indeed
MasterCornholio  +   721d ago
I wish it was a multiplat so I can play the game on my PS4 but I can live without it.

P.S.S And yes i loved the first one.

Motorola RAZR i
#2.2 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
ChickeyCantor  +   720d ago
"P.S If Wii U owners don't buy this game they deserve to get smacked in the head for not supporting a great franchise.
"

Main reason the PS4 and X1 isn't getting it is because PS3/360 owners didn't care about it. I'm not sure why Wii-U owners should be smacked.

Had you hypocrites bought the original then platinum games wouldn't be in this situation.

Good for Wii-U owners. I hope it's a success. At least that way platinum games can give you guys a bitter taste after all.
#2.2.1 (Edited 720d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report
Klad  +   720d ago
"Only on Wii U"
10 Disagrees = 10 people with problems lol
#2.3 (Edited 720d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
AWBrawler  +   720d ago
They live in an alternate world where the Nintendo PlayBox One exists. lol
bayonetta  +   719d ago
FRAKISTAN  +   721d ago
Bayonetta 2 Is Sexier, Faster, And More Badass Than Its Predecessor

This statement is sexist and degrading to women all around the world

/s
Roccetarius  +   721d ago
At least Platinum Games created Bayonetta with more than Cosplay and Sales in mind. Too bad i won't be playing this game, but she is badass.

Shots fired? :)
#3.1 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
zeal0us  +   721d ago
Some people on N4G still don't understand what "/s" means I see.
#3.2 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
nevin1  +   721d ago
Did the 1st game flopped? and if so, why is the sequel exclusive WiiU?
Roccetarius  +   721d ago
Because Nintendo gave them the best deal for the game, that's why. It's such a shame really, because it could've had even more potential.
zeal0us  +   721d ago
Roccetarius  +   721d ago
Sega wasted the money on a game like Aliens, otherwise i think it would've been more likely.
WPX  +   720d ago
@Roccetarius

It wasn't only wasting the money on Aliens, more like "indirectly funding" Borderlands 2.
fsfsxii  +   721d ago
She cut her hair....

Well, my Wii U is settled, will be buying this game and Wind Waker.
Although, the first Bayo was a disappointment for me, but i enjoyed it.
JustPlay4  +   721d ago
I'm the only one that think Bayonetta wasn't that good a game, I hear tons of people say how great it is, well I might not fan but how this ones good
#6 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
Summons75  +   721d ago
Sexier.....uhoh here come a thousand more "video games are sexist" spam articles.
nevin1  +   721d ago
@zealous

"It actually sold over one million copies. I guess that was too low for to Sega, to consider a sequel."

That is low considering it appeared on 360 and PS3.
#8 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   721d ago
And they are expecting a game like this to sell more on the Wii U?

I don't think it will happen especially with those Mario games coming out at around the same time as this title.

Motorola RAZR i
R00bot  +   720d ago
I think it will, MAYBE.

Especially since Nintendo is handling the marketing and they're hyping it up as if it was their own game.

Also, Rayman Legends sold more on the Wii U than on the PS360, so it is definitely possible to outsell other console's versions on the Wii U.

And those Mario games aren't direct competition, they're aimed at younger audiences than Bayonetta. If anything they'll help drive the install base up for Bayonetta.
RicardJulianti  +   720d ago
In addition to what R00bot said....."those Mario games" aren't coming out anywhere near Bayonetta 2.

Smash Bros will likely be a big holiday title for next year, Mario Kart will be in the spring....Bayonetta could easily be the summer title.

Heck, as long as there's a month or so between each title, it'll be fine as far as first party competition goes.
josephayal  +   721d ago
def the best 2013 time exclusive, nintendo take my money
Gamingsince75   721d ago | Spam
RicardJulianti  +   720d ago
Bayonetta 2 will only hit the PS360 if Nintendo publishes it on those platforms.

In other words....it has as much chance of coming to the other two consoles as Mario or Zelda.

It ain't happening. Buy a Wii U if you want the game because it's the only way you'll ever get to play it.
josephayal  +   720d ago
Just like Mass Effect 1?
RicardJulianti  +   720d ago
Microsoft paid for exclusivity of Mass Effect, they didn't fund the entire development of it.

Bayonetta 2 is never coming to PS360 or PS4/X1. Deal with it.
ApolloTheBoss  +   721d ago
I too believe it's sexier. I kinda got a thing for short-haired women.
#10 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Williamson  +   721d ago
The first game was really fun so Im excited to be getting a sequel.
GeneralRaam93   721d ago | Spam
Hazmat13  +   721d ago
i love girls with short hair, who's with me on this!?
Zodiac  +   721d ago
It's hit or miss. Not every girl can pull it off, in my opinion, but it is amazing when they do.
Concertoine  +   721d ago
The Y button to jump? That cant be right... on 360 it was a to jump which would be the equivalent of B on a nintendo controller. If thats true they better let me button map after 40 hours on bayonetta.
ChickeyCantor  +   720d ago
Consider the fact that the buttons are below the stick. perhaps this button layout is in favor of reaching the button easier?

But yeah I think I have to get used to it as well.
Concertoine  +   720d ago
Ah yes but would that make the B button the equivalent of the x button to fire scarborough fair?
It just seems silly to swap the pistol and jump buttons.
Toman85  +   721d ago
Gonna get it for my Wii U. Have 2 Wii U just in case something gonna break :p
Kingthrash360  +   721d ago
i wish it was on a sexier faster badass console though....i will sell bad because of this....should have been a multieplat
JuleyJules  +   721d ago
Yes, could have been multiplatform but everyone - Sega, Microsoft and Sony - passed. Complain to them. Nintendo saw an opportunity and now Wii U owners will get what looks to be a fantastic game!
Brucis  +   721d ago
Blame the other companies for refusing to touch Bayonetta 2. If they would have taken the initiative it could have been a PS4/X1 exclusive instead of a Wii U exclusive. Don't get mad at Nintendo for doing what people told them to do (take more risks and get more game support).
Kingthrash360  +   720d ago
i never said i was mad at nintendo or anyone....i just wish i was a multi plat . it sucks to comment on nintendo articles the fanboys are soooooo negative.
smmfh
Ol_G  +   719d ago
It's not that they're negative it's just that everybody complains Wii u has no games and now they have a few exclusives people are complaining it should've been multiplat
Funny thing Rayman went multiplat because it was logical the other consoles with a combined installbase of 150 mil would surely earn more money look how many sales that earned them biggest sales were still from the Wii u version with a installbase of 3.6 mil
#16.2.2 (Edited 719d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
truechainz  +   720d ago
only ones to blame for that are Sony and Microsoft. Love how everyone wants to whine about this game on wii U when it would not have existed otherwise, and I bet half the people complaining didn't even buy the first one. I swear people just don't want to see Wii U get a good game.
bobacdigital  +   721d ago
Got me a Wii u and ps4 pre order. I'm good for next gen.
Venox2008  +   721d ago
best console combo for next gen
#17.1 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ritsuka666  +   720d ago
Actually i'm prefer this combo:

PC,Wii U and Xboxone.. but hey, that's just me.
#17.2 (Edited 720d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
R00bot  +   720d ago
The only problem that I have with the Xbox One is that all of the games on it can be bought on other systems/PC, and I'm not really into Halo or Forza.

If Microsoft can compel me with a new exclusive that's more my style, then I'll buy one.
bobacdigital  +   718d ago
I am more of a PC gamer than console really .. I love Nintendo because it gives me games my PC doesn't have..

So I pretty much much have a PC to give me some of the games MSFT will release on PC (Titan Fall) along with RTS (Startcraft 2 and whateveR).. Then I got my Wii U for Nintendo first party.. and a PS4 to cover me on Sony first / second party.

I will prolly skip X1 or wait till the newest Halo comes out to make a decision.
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   721d ago
Somewhere a Troll is thinking:
"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
I know that Nintendo ruins every 3rd Party exclusive it gets its Mario Lovin' hands on.
So, HOW-?"

I answer:
"Because you were wrong about Nintendo, that's 'How.'"

(joking mostly)

To be honest-
-I was not really excited about this game but the more I see, the more I feel like giving it a try.
#18 (Edited 721d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PS4isKing_82  +   721d ago
Can't wait to buy this game. And all the other amazing new games coming to wiiu over the next few months. :)
Misaka_x_Touma  +   721d ago
Make me want to go back and play Bayonetta on 360 on Hard Mode
The_Truth_24_7  +   720d ago
Long hair > short hair unless it's down there.
R00bot  +   720d ago
Oh.

That's just....

Oh.

Okay then...

I'll just...

Bye.
#21.1 (Edited 720d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thomasmiller  +   720d ago
WOW! the sony and microsoft trolls are mad because they are not getting this game? poor babies!!! will you grow the hell up and quit acting like a bunch of five year olds? "WWAAHH , no body has a wii u! goo goo gaa gaa!" no all you troll go in the bath room change your diapers, and get over it!!! what a bunch of pathetic losers!!!
gk07  +   720d ago
when this drops im all over it like a fly on kanji shi&

Last chance to take advantage of the preorder bonuses for Phantom Pain, Mad Max and more

9m ago - Gamers have a last chance over the next several days to take advantage of the preorder bonuses fo... | Xbox 360

Is the Astro Gaming A40 Headset and Mixamp M80 Halo 5: Guardians Special Edition worth buying?

9m ago - A look as to whether or not Halo fans should purchase the Astro Gaming A40 Headset and Mixamp M80... | Xbox One

Check What PC Games are Coming Out in August

Now - At Releases.com you can check release dates for PC games. Visit now and start tracking the games you plan to buy. | Promoted post

A look at the Thrustmaster TX Servo Base, Leather Steering Wheel, Gearbox Shifter and Pedal Bundle

9m ago - A look at the newly-available Thrustmaster TX Servo Base, Leather Steering Wheel, Gearbox Shifter... | Xbox One

Is Final Fantasy VIII the best in the series?

10m ago - GE writes: "Truthfully, Final Fantasy VIII didn’t appeal to me at the time [of its release]. VII... | PC

Gremlins Inc. Card Game Unboxing

46m ago - Unboxing the prototype v1.0 of Gremlins Inc. The full version is scheduled to be released in Sept... | Industry