Submitted by Relientk77 694d ago | preview

Bayonetta 2 Is Sexier, Faster, And More Badass Than Its Predecessor | Siliconera

Siliconera - At the Wonderful Panel at the Penny Arcade Expo this year, Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya said that one of the ways his team develops an idea is through a strategy called “crash and build”. He went on to explain that the term refers to building on an idea until something cool comes from it, and then rebuilding that idea until it becomes something even cooler. This process repeats until the development team satisfied with an idea. (Bayonetta 2, Wii U)

XboxFun  +   694d ago
Bayonetta 2 Is Sexier, Faster, And More Badass Than Its Predecessor
Amen to that!
brich233  +   694d ago
yeah but who has a wii u?
Ritsujun  +   694d ago
And, the platform's slower than current-gen.
KonsoruMasuta  +   694d ago
I do. That and the PS4 are my console choices for the next gen.
bullymangLer  +   693d ago
atleast 1 ((million))people already HAVE a wiiU ha haa who

daing sony and micro are so stupid because they actually let an opportunity like bayonetta 2 sLip < fact

even more gLory for nintendo then geez such kings
brich233  +   693d ago
out of the 45 disagrees how many of u guys have a wii u? Agree if u have one, disagree if u dont have one.
Darrius Cole  +   694d ago
Indeed, too bad its going to be wasted on Wii-U, which nobody has.

They should have mortgaged their houses and sold their children to get this game on PS4 in time for the system launch. It would have been THE game to buy with your PS4. Now, it will sell about a quarter-million copies if it's lucky.

I like her new hairstyle, though. Here's to hope that I get to play it one day.
KonsoruMasuta  +   694d ago
"wasted on Wii-U, which nobody has."

Speak for yourself.
_QQ_  +   694d ago
Lol take your ignorance elsewhere. If you like the Bayonetta franchise kiss Nintendo's ass for making it happen.
#1.2.2 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(26) | Disagree(5) | Report
JuleyJules  +   694d ago
Firstly, why are you reading about a Wii U game? You clearly will not be getting one which is your loss. In the meantime we'll be enjoying Bayonetta 2 next year thanks to Nintendo. Keep dreaming that this will come to PS4 - no amount of money will get Nintendo to publish it for PS4/Xbone. Sony & MS passed on it so you can send your complaints to them.
gpturbo81  +   693d ago
more people have a wii u than ps4/Xone, but according to everyone here they've already won....sideways thinking, ya..
Ol_G  +   693d ago
thanks to 1080p resolution, doesn’t feel cluttered or give the impression that there’s too much going on on-screen at once.

huh i thought the wii u couldn't do 1080p with difficult games but b2 is doing it at 60fps i wonder what the trolls use for excuse this time
AJBACK2FRAG  +   693d ago
It looks gorgeous and there's going to be only one place to play it. Wii U! It's time for the fence sitters to ante up! Woooo!
#1.3.1 (Edited 693d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Enemy  +   694d ago
Only on Wii U.
Misaka_x_Touma  +   694d ago
lol you got disagreed wow
Enemy  +   694d ago
Was a test. Results came back satisfactory, as expected. Idiots.
Misaka_x_Touma  +   694d ago
indeed
MasterCornholio  +   694d ago
I wish it was a multiplat so I can play the game on my PS4 but I can live without it.

P.S.S And yes i loved the first one.

Motorola RAZR i
#2.2 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
ChickeyCantor  +   694d ago
"P.S If Wii U owners don't buy this game they deserve to get smacked in the head for not supporting a great franchise.
"

Main reason the PS4 and X1 isn't getting it is because PS3/360 owners didn't care about it. I'm not sure why Wii-U owners should be smacked.

Had you hypocrites bought the original then platinum games wouldn't be in this situation.

Good for Wii-U owners. I hope it's a success. At least that way platinum games can give you guys a bitter taste after all.
#2.2.1 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report
Klad  +   694d ago
"Only on Wii U"
10 Disagrees = 10 people with problems lol
#2.3 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
AWBrawler  +   693d ago
They live in an alternate world where the Nintendo PlayBox One exists. lol
bayonetta  +   692d ago
FRAKISTAN  +   694d ago
Bayonetta 2 Is Sexier, Faster, And More Badass Than Its Predecessor

This statement is sexist and degrading to women all around the world

/s
Roccetarius  +   694d ago
At least Platinum Games created Bayonetta with more than Cosplay and Sales in mind. Too bad i won't be playing this game, but she is badass.

Shots fired? :)
#3.1 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
zeal0us  +   694d ago
Some people on N4G still don't understand what "/s" means I see.
#3.2 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
nevin1  +   694d ago
Did the 1st game flopped? and if so, why is the sequel exclusive WiiU?
Roccetarius  +   694d ago
Because Nintendo gave them the best deal for the game, that's why. It's such a shame really, because it could've had even more potential.
zeal0us  +   694d ago
Roccetarius  +   694d ago
Sega wasted the money on a game like Aliens, otherwise i think it would've been more likely.
WPX  +   693d ago
@Roccetarius

It wasn't only wasting the money on Aliens, more like "indirectly funding" Borderlands 2.
fsfsxii  +   694d ago
She cut her hair....

Well, my Wii U is settled, will be buying this game and Wind Waker.
Although, the first Bayo was a disappointment for me, but i enjoyed it.
JustPlay4  +   694d ago
I'm the only one that think Bayonetta wasn't that good a game, I hear tons of people say how great it is, well I might not fan but how this ones good
#6 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
Summons75  +   694d ago
Sexier.....uhoh here come a thousand more "video games are sexist" spam articles.
nevin1  +   694d ago
@zealous

"It actually sold over one million copies. I guess that was too low for to Sega, to consider a sequel."

That is low considering it appeared on 360 and PS3.
#8 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   694d ago
And they are expecting a game like this to sell more on the Wii U?

I don't think it will happen especially with those Mario games coming out at around the same time as this title.

Motorola RAZR i
R00bot  +   693d ago
I think it will, MAYBE.

Especially since Nintendo is handling the marketing and they're hyping it up as if it was their own game.

Also, Rayman Legends sold more on the Wii U than on the PS360, so it is definitely possible to outsell other console's versions on the Wii U.

And those Mario games aren't direct competition, they're aimed at younger audiences than Bayonetta. If anything they'll help drive the install base up for Bayonetta.
RicardJulianti  +   693d ago
In addition to what R00bot said....."those Mario games" aren't coming out anywhere near Bayonetta 2.

Smash Bros will likely be a big holiday title for next year, Mario Kart will be in the spring....Bayonetta could easily be the summer title.

Heck, as long as there's a month or so between each title, it'll be fine as far as first party competition goes.
josephayal  +   694d ago
def the best 2013 time exclusive, nintendo take my money
Gamingsince75   694d ago | Spam
RicardJulianti  +   693d ago
Bayonetta 2 will only hit the PS360 if Nintendo publishes it on those platforms.

In other words....it has as much chance of coming to the other two consoles as Mario or Zelda.

It ain't happening. Buy a Wii U if you want the game because it's the only way you'll ever get to play it.
josephayal  +   693d ago
Just like Mass Effect 1?
RicardJulianti  +   693d ago
Microsoft paid for exclusivity of Mass Effect, they didn't fund the entire development of it.

Bayonetta 2 is never coming to PS360 or PS4/X1. Deal with it.
ApolloTheBoss  +   694d ago
I too believe it's sexier. I kinda got a thing for short-haired women.
#10 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Williamson  +   694d ago
The first game was really fun so Im excited to be getting a sequel.
GeneralRaam93   694d ago | Spam
Hazmat13  +   694d ago
i love girls with short hair, who's with me on this!?
Zodiac  +   694d ago
It's hit or miss. Not every girl can pull it off, in my opinion, but it is amazing when they do.
Concertoine  +   694d ago
The Y button to jump? That cant be right... on 360 it was a to jump which would be the equivalent of B on a nintendo controller. If thats true they better let me button map after 40 hours on bayonetta.
ChickeyCantor  +   693d ago
Consider the fact that the buttons are below the stick. perhaps this button layout is in favor of reaching the button easier?

But yeah I think I have to get used to it as well.
Concertoine  +   693d ago
Ah yes but would that make the B button the equivalent of the x button to fire scarborough fair?
It just seems silly to swap the pistol and jump buttons.
Toman85  +   694d ago
Gonna get it for my Wii U. Have 2 Wii U just in case something gonna break :p
Kingthrash360  +   694d ago
i wish it was on a sexier faster badass console though....i will sell bad because of this....should have been a multieplat
JuleyJules  +   694d ago
Yes, could have been multiplatform but everyone - Sega, Microsoft and Sony - passed. Complain to them. Nintendo saw an opportunity and now Wii U owners will get what looks to be a fantastic game!
Brucis  +   694d ago
Blame the other companies for refusing to touch Bayonetta 2. If they would have taken the initiative it could have been a PS4/X1 exclusive instead of a Wii U exclusive. Don't get mad at Nintendo for doing what people told them to do (take more risks and get more game support).
Kingthrash360  +   693d ago
i never said i was mad at nintendo or anyone....i just wish i was a multi plat . it sucks to comment on nintendo articles the fanboys are soooooo negative.
smmfh
Ol_G  +   693d ago
It's not that they're negative it's just that everybody complains Wii u has no games and now they have a few exclusives people are complaining it should've been multiplat
Funny thing Rayman went multiplat because it was logical the other consoles with a combined installbase of 150 mil would surely earn more money look how many sales that earned them biggest sales were still from the Wii u version with a installbase of 3.6 mil
#16.2.2 (Edited 693d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
truechainz  +   693d ago
only ones to blame for that are Sony and Microsoft. Love how everyone wants to whine about this game on wii U when it would not have existed otherwise, and I bet half the people complaining didn't even buy the first one. I swear people just don't want to see Wii U get a good game.
bobacdigital  +   694d ago
Got me a Wii u and ps4 pre order. I'm good for next gen.
Venox2008  +   694d ago
best console combo for next gen
#17.1 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ritsuka666  +   693d ago
Actually i'm prefer this combo:

PC,Wii U and Xboxone.. but hey, that's just me.
#17.2 (Edited 693d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
R00bot  +   693d ago
The only problem that I have with the Xbox One is that all of the games on it can be bought on other systems/PC, and I'm not really into Halo or Forza.

If Microsoft can compel me with a new exclusive that's more my style, then I'll buy one.
bobacdigital  +   691d ago
I am more of a PC gamer than console really .. I love Nintendo because it gives me games my PC doesn't have..

So I pretty much much have a PC to give me some of the games MSFT will release on PC (Titan Fall) along with RTS (Startcraft 2 and whateveR).. Then I got my Wii U for Nintendo first party.. and a PS4 to cover me on Sony first / second party.

I will prolly skip X1 or wait till the newest Halo comes out to make a decision.
CouldHaveYelledUiiW  +   694d ago
Somewhere a Troll is thinking:
"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
I know that Nintendo ruins every 3rd Party exclusive it gets its Mario Lovin' hands on.
So, HOW-?"

I answer:
"Because you were wrong about Nintendo, that's 'How.'"

(joking mostly)

To be honest-
-I was not really excited about this game but the more I see, the more I feel like giving it a try.
#18 (Edited 694d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PS4isKing_82  +   694d ago
Can't wait to buy this game. And all the other amazing new games coming to wiiu over the next few months. :)
Misaka_x_Touma  +   694d ago
Make me want to go back and play Bayonetta on 360 on Hard Mode
The_Truth_24_7  +   693d ago
Long hair > short hair unless it's down there.
R00bot  +   693d ago
Oh.

That's just....

Oh.

Okay then...

I'll just...

Bye.
#21.1 (Edited 693d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thomasmiller  +   693d ago
WOW! the sony and microsoft trolls are mad because they are not getting this game? poor babies!!! will you grow the hell up and quit acting like a bunch of five year olds? "WWAAHH , no body has a wii u! goo goo gaa gaa!" no all you troll go in the bath room change your diapers, and get over it!!! what a bunch of pathetic losers!!!
gk07  +   693d ago
when this drops im all over it like a fly on kanji shi&

Everything we know about The Division’s weapons so far

10m ago - The Division is still pretty mysterious, but clues are out there if you look hard enough. | PC

New additions to Gears of War Ultimate Edition revealed

10m ago - Tons of new details regarding the additions made to Gears of War Ultimate Edition have been revea... | Xbox One

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

Amazon lists Gears of War U.E. for sale two weeks early

27m ago - A pre order page has listed Gears of War Ultimate Edition for sale two weeks ahead of time. It wi... | Xbox One

Forest Home – Tips, Tricks, Cheats, and Strategy Guide

31m ago - Forest Home is a new Android and iOS puzzle game – think of it like Flow Free meets Candy Crush.... | iPhone

First Terraria Wii U and 3DS screenshots

31m ago - Following the announcement of Terraria on Wii U/3DS, the first screenshots have been released. | Wii U