Before you croak, make sure you enjoy these 25 pleasures of gaming.
Ok, that first one just pisses me off. They say, everyone should play EA's Portal. Are you serious? Don't get me wrong, I agree that everyone should play Portal, but why the hell EA is in that sentence is beyond me.
"25. Beat the Halo trilogy and then play it online at least once." WTF? I think playing and beating FFVII should be the #1. I mean, you can't call yourself a true gamer(atleast playstation gamer) if you haven't played or beaten a PS1 FF. Maybe 25 oughta be beating ALL the FF's. So far I've beat all of the ones released in the US. If that's not an accomplishment.........
Dude, Im sure Ill get buried under a ton of disagrees for this, but it takes a certain type of gamer to appreciate the FF series. Not my game at all, and try as I might I just couldnt get into it.
Go make your own list then cry baby
I knew i'd get disagrees for saying you're not a true gamer if you haven't beaten FFVII. And yeah I kinda take that back, but FF is among one of the most revolutionary and inspiring games out there. Halo isn't my kind of game, and I complained about it, and Reasonable complained about my list. Completely acceptable. Most gamers out there appreciate FF though.
Why are you complaining about the Halo one, jeez I think I broke a blood vessel before getting to ten.
Yeah, that list was pretty bad. Alot of them are pointless, and things everyone does in their teenage years. I'm 16 and have done most of those, including the arcade machine thing. I just needa attend a press conference and beat halo.. apparently >.>
Oh, dude, I dont necessarily agree about Halo either. I think they are great games, and I might say Halo 1 deserves a place on this list, but I guess its kinda iffy to put any specific series on a list like this cause its not gunna appeal to everyone.
Having said that Halo is perhaps one of the biggest things to happen to gaming and on that merit alone perhaps it is worth playing through at least once.
Kinda like watching Star Wars. Like it or not its kind of a requirement as a human being just to check it out.
hot ass chick
When it comes to stuff I want to do before I die.
Getting head while you play GTA IV, lol.
That would be like the holy grail.
17. Creating one's own level? Done (Quake and Serious Sam; one Quake level I created was all Shamblers and Fiends with just shotguns as the weapons) 25. Beat the Halo trilogy? (Done many times over) Online? (Ditto...everything from XB Connect to Live) 20. Wait in line for a game release? Done (I was the first person to buy Halo 3 at my Best Buy store, right after midnight) 21. Headshots? (Done x 1,000) 6. I haven't done 24 straight hours of gaming, but I once played Halo 2 online for 20 hours over two days. 23. I've done many crazy things in games, be it massive explosions in Crackdown or physics stunting in the Halo games. 24. A friend and I once beat two professional gamers in 2v2 on Halo 2, and beat them BADLY...by more than 10 kills. 19. Break an accessory? One each of an Atari joystick, an NES pad, a PSone controller, and an XBox controller. (I was justified...really, I was...) 16. Rent a game just for achievement points (I plead the fifth...) 13. I pulled the turtle trick many times in Super Mario Bros. 9. I'm currently developing my own gaming blog.
ok, I've done 1, 2 (I owned space invaders), 6, 7, 13, 17, 19, 20, and 21. I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad.
I am assuming this is fantasy and does not have to be gaming related?
If so I choose to make love to the following 25 women....
Oh drats..."25 pleasures of gaming", never mind.
Getting laid not on list? FAIL.
Hey, if you're trying to hit all 25 on the list, that one is a little too optimistic. Don't you think?
In my head, I have already completed the dirty deed.
In non-fantasy land I only have the "I'm dying" card to play, and even with that, you are correct...totally optimistic.
A few hundred yen?? That's like only a couple bucks. Spending a couple bucks is not impressive. Did he mean a few thousand yen? Or ten thousands yen?
Well I’ve done a few of those 6 (was addict to ever crack for a while),10, 13 (use to play it all the time when I was lil) 17 (never made a game lvl but I made a few custom UI‘s for a mmo does that count ?), 19, 23
But I made better list of 15 things to do before you get kick out of the pearly gates
1 sneaking into a girl bedroom in the middle of the nite
2 flirting with the cheerleaders after a game
3 pissing off half the foot ball team (for doing number 2)
4 Throwing a party when parents were out of town
5 Finishing HS
6 Moving out of your parents house
7 Going to spring break
8 Going to mardi gras
9 Getting laid
10 Owning your own car ( and Al’s dodge doesn’t count)
11 Finishing College
12 Hold a job for more then 2 months at a time
13 Trick your drunk and or high friends in do doin something dumb (like they need the help)
14 Ditch work or school to do something stupid with your friends
15 Having at least 2 stripper hanging all over you with out giving them money ( broke my hand and had 4 of them all goin awww you poor thing lol)
I'm guilty of... 1 - Portal owns 6 - Started and finished Final Fantasy IX in a single sitting. From Friday afternoon until around 4 AM Monday morning. 7 - Often skipped school for game releases back in the N64/PS1 days. 8 - lol 10 - Lots of imported PS1 titles, and Pokemon Stadium for N64 months before it came out in America. 14 - Tofu! I was a Resident Evil 2 prodigy back in the day. 15 - eBay owns for discontinued games. 17 - Doom 2 and tampered with UT. 19 - Many a controller met an early demise against a wall in my house during the often frustrating 16-bit era. 21 - Countless head shots in countless FPS's. 22 - Hey, it happens. 24 - Don't know if I've beaten an official pro, but I've taken down many an arcade master with cheap fighter movies.
1. Beat portal - I may get around to this, or maybe not. I certainly wont be sad if I dont.
2. MAME cabinet? what the hell for?
3. Press conference? If I have to be in a small location with a bunch of people it better be a superbowl or world series. Or mandatory company meeting where I can fall asleep in peace.
4. I wouldnt mind going to Japan and would probably go to an arcade if I was there, but no reason for it to be a life goal.
5. um, yeah....NO
6. Play a game for 24 hours, at last an actual gamer goal (not related to one game)... done.
7. I dont call in sick, but I have scheduled vacation to play games (in the past not for GTA though)....so done.
8. Why? (seriously the list maker must be easily amused)
9. I would actually like to do this for personal amusement and to learn more about webdevelopment.
10. Meh, it would have to be an awesome game.
12. Maybe the list maker isnt so easily amused, just hard up.
13. This game has long ago stopped being fun for me and no desire to revist it.
14. I rather take out the Cow King in Diablo
15. If you do, you probably are a poor ebay user.
16. Why I get enough acheivement points playing the games I actually like.
17. Create your own level in a game, that would be cool.
18. I am still debating on getting one of these games, got a recommendation for Rockband yesterday. Still though I probably wouldnt put enough time in to be an expert, too many other games to play.
19. This should not be a goal, but I have broken an xbox controler (they fly nice) so ....Done.
20. I want to know why your doing it? I will just walk into the store the next day and get the game. Or if I really want it and fear I wont get it I will pre-order.
21. Headshots are nice, and should be a gamer goal .... done.
22. Good excuse to skip being around family ... done.
23. um, dont you do this in a lot of games anyway?... done.
24. Yeah this is fun.... done.
25. I dont see why this should be a goal for every gamer, especially the young, why go back and play those old games....though I have actually completed this... Done.
how bout play any Final Fantasy straight for an amount of time WITHOUT saving
try that with ffX with 50 hours
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.