Submitted by Espio1 411d ago | news

Xbox One to Launch on November 22, 2013 in 13 Markets

By Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing-

This is a big week for Xbox One! I am pleased to share a few exciting developments as we continue our journey to deliver the best Xbox ever. (Xbox One)

Attached Video
Alternative Sources
« 1 2 3 4 »
allformats  +   411d ago | Well said
Good date. The day of reckoning has arrived. PS4 goes one week early in the U.S., and one week after Microsoft in Europe.

We've argued long and hard on the internet and come November, the results will be shown when gamers spend their hard-earned cash on PS4 and Xbox One.

Greatness awaits, whether PS4 or Xbox One.
#1 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(133) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
s8anicslayer  +   411d ago
It's going to be a Busy week...wow!
nrvalleytime  +   411d ago
Very interesting strategy on Microsoft's part. Their European presence suffered at the last launch, so they've ensured a week's head start on PS4 and Fifa 14 to build momentum regardless of what might happen in a week's time.

Here in the states, they're probably relying on an established consumer base that will wait a week to enjoy the next generation. The European model is solid, but I'm interested to see first month sales compared when we hit the new year.

Either way you look at it, my kids are going to really like their Christmas presents. :-D
cleft5  +   411d ago
A week after the PS4, seems like a bit of a misstep for the North American market. Having a week lead on the PS4 in Europe will be good for them. Either way I am glad everyone knows when the console of their choice will be out.
#1.1.2 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(46) | Disagree(9) | Report
zeal0us  +   411d ago
Busy week, more like a busy month for gaming.
Muerte2494  +   411d ago
I called this one. I told people they weren't launching with COD because that would make the "Buy up" deal with Gamestop redundant.
stevehyphen  +   411d ago | Well said
Well, we all have our dates now.
At least that issue can be put to bed.

I shall invite any Xbox buying friends over for a next gen preview. I encourage you to do the same. Be polite!
Also to you future European Xbox owners: please do the same to your PlayStation buying friends.

Everybody is going to win in November. There's no need for the hate.
FamilyGuy  +   411d ago
Especially if you work at GameStop, BestBuy or Walmart.
mcstorm  +   411d ago
@stevehyphen lol love how you still get Disagrees. Cant wait until I get my Xbox one as I cant wait for Forza 5 and KI but for me the end of this year is all about Nintendo for me as they have the most games im intrested in this year due to wanting a year out of playing FPS games as ive worn my self out playing them over 7 years.

But that said great end of the year for gamers as we now have a very good lineup of consoles and a very mixed but great lineup of games offered on the WiiU, Xbox one and PS4 as well as some of the big name games still out on the 360 and PS3 o and not to forget the 3DS and PSV.
#1.1.7 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(19) | Report
malokevi   411d ago | Bad language | show
sonarus  +   411d ago
Since i don't own sony or microsoft stock the sales figures don't matter to me especially not in the short run. What matters though is an excellent set of games that i am interested in playing. For XBox 1 the only game i am interested in really is titanfall which isn't even available at launch. MAYBE forza if i ended up getting the system. For PS4 the only game i would say i am interested in as of now is killzone shadowfall. I am also interested in some of the free games like drive club, resogun and warframe to name a few. I will be getting ps4 first simply because its cheaper and i have zero interest in kinnect. When titan fall releases i might get an Xbox one. If titan fall releases and there is an xbox one without kinnect for 400 bucks then i WILL purchase one.
YNWA96  +   411d ago
yes, I need to lie about my overtime money to the wife now... ;) $1300 in a week.... hard to hide...
ajax17  +   411d ago
Yeah, I'm looking forward to all the black friday videos. People are going be extra crazy.
pixelsword  +   411d ago
11, 22, 13

An odd and foreboding numerological portent, if you're into that sort of thing.
JokesOnYou  +   411d ago
OK great news I said yesterday based on 360 launch if they are shooting for same timeframe after production that would be 22-27 Nov. Can't wait now I can make my final plans to go to San Fran for a home 49ers game in Nov without missing launch day.
Ritsujun  +   411d ago
malokevi the Xbosh Clown.
gaffyh  +   411d ago
Kinda expected this date, but a bit of a weird way to announce it. They could have done it at GamesCom and at least got some respect for making the announcement by Europeans.

Also, I feel like Sony has beaten MS again here. They're releasing a week later in their home territory, and if the stock is exhausted, they will go into Black Friday with nothing to sell. I'm sure they've thought of that and tried to mitigate it, but Sony will have an extra week to sell and restock in between.

However, at least they are doing a simultaneous release in the 13 countries they announced. That is one thing they have beaten Sony with there.
#1.1.15 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report
Death  +   411d ago
Target capacity is 4 million per month released on 3 week cycles. The missing week for transport. Both systems are in full or retail production, but not at peak capacity to reduce the amount of units in storage. With both launching in the middle of Novemember, the only units available for Black Friday will be units withheld by retailers/distributors. December 6th and 13th will be the next shipments sent out for Christmas shopping.
Ashunderfire86  +   411d ago
A busy 2 weeks, but I know which one I am getting.
darthv72  +   411d ago
@nrvalleytime....

ahhh forget the kids...I'M going to have a really great christmas present. My kids can watch me play. lol
AngelicIceDiamond  +   411d ago
The biggest holiday in console history by far. Once again the console comes out 1 day before my birthday great news for me personally.

I hope MS and Sony have terrific launches.
guitarded77  +   411d ago
Party at stevehyphen's house!!!

Glad we have the dates. I really expected MS to go a week before Sony. Can't wait to see the launch of both... it's gonna be crazy.
EVILDEAD360  +   411d ago
Day ONE baby!

What an EPIC November for gamers.

Great move on Forza 5 for Europe as well.

Bring on the Next Gen

Evil
vegnadragon  +   410d ago
Since on lunch day supplies are limited, having a close date doesn't really matter much, cause you are not getting one without a preorder.
Computersaysno  +   410d ago
If you needed a next gen preview then you should have come played my PC 2 years ago LOL

Serious though, Sony first in North America where they need to gain ground, and Microsoft in Europe ditto.

Can't wait to see how they stack up against each other on multis
#1.1.23 (Edited 410d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Genesis1295  +   411d ago
As an Australian this makes me happy to know its not being delayed prior to the US release date. Still will be receiving both X1 and PS4, Next Gen here I come. :D
vigilante_man  +   411d ago
Sony were very shrewd. They got wind of the XB1 dates and decided to pitch themselves a week earlier in the US (MS stonghold) and a week later in Europe (Sony stronghold).

At last we have the dates!
Ritsujun  +   410d ago
vigigirl, Y U mad?
B-radical  +   411d ago
Some people are lucky enough to get both
:( not me though

Times like this i wish MS and Sony weren't so stingy and would let us cross chat from x1 to ps4

Skype good thinking mang
#1.3 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Minato-Namikaze  +   411d ago
skype?
Ripsta7th  +   411d ago
Id prefer crossplay not just crosschat but imagine how chaotic it would be! It would take N4G to a new level lol
BISHOP-BRASIL  +   411d ago
Yup, console wars finally step out of the internet... Well, not really, we would need to go outside and risk a nasty sunburn or something, better avoid that... But a step above forum discussions anyway!
0ut1awed  +   411d ago
I'm lucky enough to get three :D

All ps4s though.
TRD4L1fe  +   411d ago
lmao, you made it sound like a commercial for huge boxing match
BlueBlood17  +   411d ago
She looks like an albino goblin O_o
GiantEnemyCrab  +   411d ago
haha Yes, she has a face for radio BlueBlood17
FamilyGuy  +   411d ago
Wow, someone was really good at guessing.
DeadManIV   411d ago | Not a reply | show
MazzingerZ  +   411d ago
X1 is released a week before PS4 in part of Europe and the rest of Europe until 2014 but Europe wasn't really in their mind when setting the date but rather the earliest possible for US
Wonder if they will manage to restock for Xmas? As launch consoles should be gone at launch if the console is really that expected

Good there's a date, week later , week after doesn't matter, people getting the X1 will get it even if the PS4 releases a week after and viceversa

The difference are all those European countries getting the PS4 dayone and Japan still a question mark as SONY has yet to confirm a date, probably at TGS

Another interesting thing to observe after launch is the capacity of restock for xmas
Death  +   411d ago
Consoles ship in three week cycles. December 6th and 13th are the next shipments out for the PS4 and XboxOne.
jr85prix   411d ago | Spam
Outsider-G  +   411d ago
My prediction was correct.
jah-Fu  +   411d ago
Whatever Pachter.
Outsider-G  +   411d ago
MS and Sony going head-to-head on the same month is very exciting.
StoutBEER  +   411d ago
Whoo! Now the wait beg- Oh wait, Ill worry about this in November, right now GTA V!!!!!
StoutBEER  +   411d ago
This is amazing. This is all it took. Both consoles release dates have been announced, and there is no one arguing. Yay varily! This is a great day indeed.
DiRtY  +   411d ago
Can't wait.

Ryse, Dead Rising 3, CoD Ghosts, Fifa 14 and another 12 days of annual leave I still have to take this year...

I don't think it can get better than that.
meatysausage  +   411d ago
replace COD with Forza haha :)
T2  +   411d ago
Replace cod with killzone ur limiting your options too much
Flipgeneral  +   411d ago
Remind me to get all of my Xmas shopping done before Nov15!
jah-Fu   411d ago | Offensive
SilentNegotiator  +   411d ago
That doesn't seem like a smart plan for MS. Why would they want to go late in the market that they've relied on all these years (and with how much more popular PS4 is at this point, they could even stand to lose a LOT of ground in), but first in the region that didn't even care that much about them last gen with an entire year and a half headstart?
Death  +   411d ago
It's actually kind of smart. Going the same week as PS4 with all the pre-orders would be a very bad thing. Going a week later and trying to catch some of the disappointed gamers that couldn't find a PS4 is very smart.
SilentNegotiator  +   411d ago
They could also go BEFORE ps4.
Ittoryu  +   411d ago
They launched on black Friday 9 years ago with Xbox360 and their doing it again this time. Hoping the rush of sales and shopping traffic will work in their favor.
#1.15.3 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
klashawnd  +   411d ago
@ Ittoryu Black Friday is actually the 29th of November this year.
bonafide732  +   411d ago
Amen brutha Amen
Dee_Cazo   411d ago | Off topic | show
JoeKerr69  +   411d ago
"Greatness awaits"...... unless you are a PC gamer, which means all you know is greatness
TBONEJF  +   410d ago
so launching on BLACK FRIDAY smart move but SONY have a week head start.
showtimefolks  +   410d ago
good date, both consoles are releasing pretty close to each other world wide
IRON883  +   410d ago
I am kinda surprised that Xbox set the date a week later after PS4 we see how this plays out but first I get my ps4 and then half or year later the Xbox
acdata  +   410d ago
So the Ps4th CPU run the same clock as the WiiU interesting.
Irishguy95  +   410d ago
Yeah, but it's a better CPU...by a huge margin
Ozmoses  +   410d ago
Gonna be a huge month... Time will tell
#1.23 (Edited 410d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
trancefreak  +   410d ago
I should of ordered a day one but hopefully by summer when the games are rolling the consoles get some software updates I will be ready to rock.

Has 3d been confirmed for movie or game play on the XBOX ONE? I know some think 3d is gimmicky overrated but I like it.
nrvalleytime  +   411d ago
And all the people said, hallelujah. PS4 and Xbox One within a week of each other will be a gamer's dream come true.

Everyone wins.
DaGR8JIBRALTAR  +   411d ago
Exactly...I want it all!
Clarence  +   411d ago
How did M$ European launch suffer last gen? They had a year and half headstart.
nrvalleytime  +   411d ago
Overall standing now. The 360 didn't initially sell well at launch, and the 18 month delay for the PS3 has had no visible repercussions. It was basically a 1 1/2 year fluke.
trancefreak  +   410d ago
Like Coolio said it will be a Gangsta gamin paradise.

I just don't know how many games to get yet because we are getting some M-Player goodness with these launch consoles. I want Titan-fall but I wont have an Xbone until next year, BF4 mostly likely on my PC and Killzone looks sick for the PS4.
#2.3 (Edited 410d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Convas  +   411d ago
One day before my birthday! Sweet!
QuantumWake  +   411d ago
Hey my birthday is also on Nov 23rd! :D

Can't wait for these next gen consoles! I'm sooo excited!
mikemadden  +   411d ago
My birthday is on the 23rd too!
dmeador  +   411d ago
Lol, i guess people disagree its your birthday
BX81  +   411d ago
I disagreed with you because I have no proof. If you want me to agree then send a copy of your birth certificate and s.s card to my e mail: phishing@yahoo.com also I need your help unlocking the millions of dollars the government has seized. They said they will in freeze my assets if I give them $4,000. I will give you half of everything if you please help me and my starving children.

Ps. I'm writing about the pay day loan you took out. I don't want to take this to court so I just need you to pay by giving me your bank info.
Plagasx  +   411d ago
No one really cares. Was I born that day? no.
iMixMasTer872   411d ago | Spam
Lukas_Japonicus  +   411d ago
Nice, right inbetween the US and Europe release dates for the PS4
#4 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Ksar  +   411d ago | Well said
Xbox One, day one.
DonFreezer   411d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(4)
Welcome2Die  +   411d ago
LOL!!!!
#5.2 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Spoons  +   411d ago
You are you're user name.
Welcome2Die  +   411d ago
@spoons

*your
CocoWolfie  +   411d ago
i actually dont mind, its good competition :)
n4rc  +   411d ago
Finally got the date.. Sweet..
dmeador  +   411d ago
I know! Now I know when to use up all my vacation days, haha
n4rc  +   411d ago
Other guys on my crew have preorders as well.. And they have seniority..

Once again unions ruin my life... Lol.. Its gonna be a fight for that day off

The only benefit is I work afternoons.. Can get off at midnight and grab my Xbox, then just stay up and drag my ass into work in the afternoon zombie style.. Haha
#7.2 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Ashunderfire86  +   410d ago
Call out lol!!! I'm in the Union too(Local 54), I know how you feel. Seniority can be a bitch when you don't have the upper hand.
ma1asiah  +   410d ago
I'm wrapped that they have a release date well done MS and though I will get to bring it home day 1, my beautiful wife will be guarding the Christmas tree like a hawk lol.

Its a Christmas Present and I don't get to open it until midnight Christmas Eve.

Stil the 22/11/2013 means less than a month to wait so I am sure I wont develop turrets much between the 22/11/2013 and midnight 24/12/2013.

Oh darn it who am I kidding I am going to be going crazy insane lmao hurry up Christmas.
Angainor7  +   411d ago
about time..
Nes_Daze  +   411d ago
Great news for Xbox fans!

I'll just get my PS4 on black friday, I don't have the luxury of waiting in line on launch day.
MasterCornholio  +   411d ago
Im probably going to get my PS4 a day after launch because i hate waiting in line for hours to buy something.
#9.1 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
CarnageXB  +   411d ago
Exactly 8 years after the Xbox 360 was released. (In NA). Nice.
Muerte2494  +   411d ago
Yeah sorry you're wrong on that. Xbox 360 launched November 25th 2005. I know because I had my launch system ready to go.
jackanderson1985  +   411d ago
they report it at the end of the announcement on the xbox wire as the 22nd of november for NA
tcozzens  +   411d ago
"November 22 is a special day in Xbox history – on this day, we first launched Xbox 360 in 2005." Straight from the linked article.

Sorry to burst your bubble lol

Sorry for the double post
#10.1.2 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(1) | Report
TheKingWilliamV  +   411d ago
Yes yes praise Yeezus we have a release date!!!!!!
#11 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
creatchee  +   411d ago
I just booked that day off from work :)
n4rc  +   411d ago
I'm thinking about it.. Lol
Campy da Camper  +   411d ago
Looks better than calling in sick.
fossilfern  +   411d ago
I handed in my holidays for that weekend into work. And with it being well over 2 months in advance I got it strait away.
MaverickStar7  +   411d ago
Finally. I would have preferred it sooner just because I want it sooner. But the 22nd is better than the Black Friday rumor. Regardless of either consoles launch, its not really going to matter in the long run. We should hope for both consoles to be successful, in the end we all benefit.
TalonJH  +   411d ago
Yay, someone who doesn't feel like their choice in console has to be better then everyone else's.

Please live a long life and father your children with console agnostic values.

But seriously I wish people could be civil about the whole PS Vs XBox thing.
MaverickStar7  +   411d ago
I get people having a preference. But the frenzy that people work themselves is madness. Gaming arguments are getting to be right up there with politics, religion, and sports.
negative  +   411d ago
Prcko  +   411d ago
2 titans coming out same month!!!
Battle of CENTURY CONFIRMED!!!
Tru_Ray  +   411d ago
Nice post. I won't be purchasing and Xbox One this generation, but I think that this competition is great for the industry! A new console release gives us all hope for a better tomorrow.

Game on!

Tru_
from the beach  +   411d ago
BEAUTIFUL!
ExDexteraDomini  +   411d ago
Come November, people will see so many happy gamers in the streets they'll think Christmas came a month early.
FunAndGun  +   411d ago
WHAT!? There will be NO gamers in the streets or outside at all for that matter. :P
Williamson  +   411d ago
Should be an interesting week or 2
LogicStomper  +   411d ago
With all the games on all consoles, I think it's fair to say it's going to be an interesting year.

#18.1 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
IanVanCheese  +   411d ago
Considering both consoles are pretty much sold out, I doubt release dates will affect sales that much, either in the USA with PS4 or Europe with Xbox One. Anyway it's good to finally have a date, time to book a week off I feel lol.
Ittoryu  +   411d ago
Technically the Xbox isn't sold out as they added more preorder availability with this announcement.
IanVanCheese  +   411d ago
No but they will be. Pre-orders reopened on a new Xbox One bundled with Forza 5 on Game and it's already sold out again.

Even if the PS4 outsells the Xbox One at first, which it will, most xmas consumers will just suck it up and buy the other next gen console rather than wait.
famoussasjohn  +   411d ago
Looks like everyone will be getting IOU's for Christmas this year. :D
gamertk421  +   411d ago
Smart to get the jump in those non-North America markets. It will be after Sony in US and Canada, but if the PS4 does sell out and Xbox Ones are available on Black Friday, they will sell mass amounts, regardless of what fanboys say. Also, I can put in for my vacation now!
#21 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
tiffac008  +   411d ago
Its going to be a Rumble in November!
TRD4L1fe  +   411d ago
time to put in my vacation time!!!
ikral  +   411d ago
Lots of Fun to all of You who buys it!
Bathyj  +   411d ago
Interesting. Behind in he US, ahead in Europe. I wonder what their thinking is. That the US is a lock and Europe is where they need to make inroads? Anyway, all the cards are on the table, we'll see how it plays out now.
Jigga69   411d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(4)
tiffac008  +   411d ago
I think they just wanted to release the X1 on the same date that they released the 360 back in '06.

Kinda like following a tradition.
SuperLupe  +   411d ago
Yeah seems like November 22nd was the target date since a long time already.

Also they started production officially yesterday or a couple of days before which makes roughly 80 days before launch, just like the 360.

They pretty much had their own agenda all along and werent waiting or watching for when Sony was going to launch.
DaGR8JIBRALTAR  +   410d ago
it was 2005.
tiffac008  +   410d ago
^Yes '05 but I couldn't edit anymore after realizing I had the wrong year.
Jdoki  +   411d ago
I suspect it was just a sensible and achievable date for MS.

Launching on the same day as PS4 in EU or US would cause chaos for retailers. Also MS guarantee 100% news coverage by launching on a different day. (I'm sure Sony and MS want the news to be about their consoles, not about a head to head day 1 battle)

Earlier launch and they might not have had enough stock and could lose momentum in the holiday run up, and later puts them in to Dec and too close to Xmas. With Sony sewing up two dates in Nov, MS had little choice.
kewlkat007  +   411d ago
Interesting 2 trolls nipping at Bathy's feet hopefully he was able to shake them off..

Some people just want MS dead....

Do you really think the XboxOne will not sell here at home....lol

Enjoy gaming guys.
#25.4 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Ittoryu  +   411d ago
Thanksgiving is on Nov 21 Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year in America) is the 22 they are hoping ps4 is sold out and the increased traffic will help sale more consoles.
Kuse  +   411d ago
This is great news! I can't wait to get a hold of the Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Super stoked!
GoldPunch-TR  +   411d ago
I was expecting 21 Nov. Pre-order cancelled.
GreenRanger  +   411d ago
If you haven't pre-ordered one by now; you won't be getting a PS4 or Xbox One in November.
#28 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
CocoWolfie  +   411d ago
actually its just major retailers that have seem to have sold out, there are a few sub par ones with still in stock :p
MRMagoo123  +   410d ago
There are still day one edition xbones at my local eb games they had 35 allotted consoles to sell and they have 13 left. They also have a sign outside saying preorder the ps4 for a console in 2014 cos the 100 they had are all gone.
yellowgerbil  +   411d ago
and why did they wait till now to announce the date. Seriously they have the worst PR since Hitler
tcozzens  +   411d ago
Hitler had a better PR. All that propaganda in Germany.... lol
yellowgerbil  +   411d ago
lol true, was thinking more of after the fact, in that he is the most hated person ever, but you got a point.
dmeador  +   411d ago
Haha, yeah he had about the best PR in history. It will of course get around, but I was expecting it in more of a conference setting
SuperLupe  +   411d ago
Watch the video before posting crap.

They were waiting to start productio first before announcing a date. Production started yesterday.
bub16  +   411d ago
wish sony would have given one release date for all majour places
Adva  +   411d ago
They are launching in more European countries than Microsoft. 13 vs 32.
IHassounah  +   411d ago
On 29 of November , they will launch in only one region on 15th of November and that is NA ; Xbox One is launching in 13 countries on November 22
moparful99  +   411d ago
@Ihass What's your point? You think one week is going to make a difference in Europe? PS4 is available in more territories for holiday 2013.. Black Friday in the Americas and Christmas everwhere else..
Irishguy95  +   410d ago
Makes a difference to me moparful, I have to wait till the 29th before I get my console....you lucky bastards
moparful99  +   410d ago
@Irishguy At least its only two weeks instead of months.. I feel for you though man, knowing others have one and I had to wait would kill me...
« 1 2 3 4 »

Buddha-cast Ep. 22: Surviving the Horrors of Survival Horrors

9m ago - Entertainment Buddha's Matt Heywood writes: "In the latest episode of the Entertainment Buddha-ca... | PC

FFXIV: All Saints’ Wake haunts Eorzea from today

22m ago - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's annual Halloween event, All Saints' Wake, has launched today.... | PC

The Evil Within - "Drop It Like It's Hot" PS4 Trophy/Achievements

44m ago - How to get "Drop it like its hot" Trophy/Achievements In Chapter 2, there will be a section in t... | PS3

The Evil Within - "Silent Kill" PS4 Trophy/Achievements

44m ago - How to get "Silent Kill" Trophy/Achievements In Chapter 2, there will be a section in the woods... | PS3

Get a Free Kindle Fire HD!

Now - Check out details here! | Promoted post

The Evil Within - "A La Corvo" PS4 Trophy/Achievements

44m ago - How to get "A La Corvo" Trophy/Achievements In Chapter 2, there will be a section in the woods w... | PS3