Submitted by staticdash22 384d ago | news

Guerrilla Games’ New IP “Will be a While”

In talking to Polygon about Killzone Shadow Fall's multiplayer, Steven ter Heide released an interesting bit of information on their next project for Sony. (Guerilla Games, Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Sony)

DirtyPimp  +   384d ago
good goddamn news. killzone 5 will truly show ps4 power, unless nd goes first.
#1 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(35) | Report | Reply
ShugaCane  +   384d ago
From the other article linked to this one :

"Netherlands based developer Guerrilla Games, the guys behind upcoming PS4 game Killzone: Shadow Fall, have already started development on a unknown new IP. Having known to be in the works since 2010, the project should be far enough along to be shown"

As the title says, it's a new IP they're talking about.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear more about it. Guerrilla is one of the most talented studio out there so the fact they're working on a new franchise is utterly exciting. I just really hope they'll keep making AAA-games for the PSV too, just like KZ Merc.
#1.1 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
DirtyPimp  +   384d ago
im anticipated to see what they could do outside the fps genre.
shivvy24  +   384d ago
Guerilla is sonys go to fps devs now that insom left and zipper shut down
showtimefolks  +   384d ago
this new IP has been in works since 2010, i am sure we will see it next year maybe at E3 or gamescom

most of sony's big studios are quite, i am sure we will see a game or 2 getting announced at VGA's this year
abzdine  +   384d ago
i think Killzone: Mercenaries is a test for Guerrilla Cambridge so they can take over the KZ franchise and the Dutcch based GG will work on a new IP.
ZHZ90  +   384d ago
I hope new IP is not a shooter and even if it is shooter I hope it is 3rd person not FPS.
sinncross  +   384d ago
Yeah new IP. They mentioned that before E3 actually.

Rumours suggest it might be a scifi SWRPG, but we dont know. I guess tehy wont really confirm it until next year. Seems like Sony is content not having to announce stuff now.
patrick47018   384d ago | Spam
KingKelloggTheWH  +   384d ago
Some reason I really want to see them do a medieval Fantasy game.
Rowdius_Maximus  +   384d ago
That'd be sweet! I wonder how they'd do with that
ZodTheRipper  +   384d ago
Hopefully they are trying out something new ...developers shouldn't be bound to one genre. Trying out new stuff gives new perspectives which can help in improving existing franchises.
KingKelloggTheWH  +   384d ago
I'd hope for a T-rated game so its a bit more light hearted than their previous games.

That or a fantasy/horror game in a similar vain as Demons Souls.
Majin-vegeta  +   384d ago
Enough with the goddam alright??god damn :p

GG take your time KZ:SF will keep us busy for awhile.Nows if you guys could give us a level editor thay would be fkn awesome.

Edit:reply to dirtypimp.
@Beloe lol here a funny bub.
#3 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DirtyPimp  +   384d ago
its ok danny, im here to protect you. dont fight it....dont fight it
MASTER_RAIDEN  +   384d ago
i could easily wait on it. launch ps4 titles along with what else is coming in the near future is PLENTY for me to be preoccupied with. though i cant wait to see their new ip, its really no rush at all.
andibandit  +   384d ago
I have a huuuuge backcatalog of games, that could hold me over till 2020.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   384d ago
@bandit PSN+ is a beautiful thing.
andibandit  +   384d ago
I agree, even tho i dont have a PS3, I really wish i had gotten one back when they started PSN+.
JackVagina  +   384d ago
Please be a RPG :D
andibandit  +   384d ago
Dunno why you are getting disagrees, im kinda missing Western style RPG in the launch line up for both systems.
kassler  +   384d ago
A rpg outside of the fantasy genre, tired of mages thiefs and warriors.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   384d ago
That's good news but I just hope they don't milk it.
ShugaCane  +   384d ago
They've been working on it for 3 years and have remained quiet about it. They take time to make games, that's the opposite of milking so I think you shouldn't worry about it !
GdaTyler  +   384d ago
If you call that milking what has the Halo franchise been doing? I enjoy it but it's clear that obviously Microsoft milks it because it's their hit franchise like Mario for Nintendo.
mike32UK  +   384d ago
They had two games out in one console gen. Hardly seem like the milking kind of devs
Hicken  +   384d ago
... what would even make you think they would?
sashimi  +   384d ago
trolling...my guess
AngelicIceDiamond  +   384d ago
Relaaax they said they're not making an Ip for a while and I don't want this to be like AC, COD, Halo and others.

Its a concerned opinion.

Touchy, touchy.
Arrrriibaa  +   384d ago
I hope its a RPG. I miss western RPGs... the only ones i can think of are Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher. Waaay to less if you ask me, because the RPG genre is my and many others favourite.

Stop with all these shootercrap and bring me some RPGs.
#7 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ravinash  +   384d ago
So True.
I do love these games, however producing the same IPs defeats the whole purpose of RPGs which is exploring the world.
There is only so much going back to the same worlds for more exploring you can do.
Some new worlds need to be created.
pandehz  +   384d ago
If GG and ND ever developed for PC that day computers around the world will blow up.

They should do one at the least.
#8 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
Arrrriibaa  +   384d ago
I think you don't understand that they are a part of Sony. They will never develop for other plattforms than Playstation. Ever.
#8.1 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
pandehz  +   384d ago
I know they are First party devs for sony that still doesn't mean they cannot dev for pc in the future.
#8.1.1 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(10) | Report
Arrrriibaa  +   384d ago
LOL? Of course that means that they won't dev for pc in the future. What the hell are you smoking? Its like the new Halo comes to PC or Super Mario, Zelda to PC. There was never a firstpartystudio that made a PC game. Thats an assumtion that never happened once and will never happen.
#8.1.2 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report
darksky  +   384d ago
Arribaa,

Halo 1 and 2 were released for PC. It was only until Halo3 that they became exclusive to xbox 360.

If Sony wanted they could make any of their games for PC like MS have done for Halo and fable in the past. Even Gears of War 1 is available on PC IIRC.
Eyeco  +   384d ago
Isn't Planet Side 2 developed by SOE, I think SOE is the best example of a first party studio that develops for both Playstation and PC, not saying Naughty Dog and GG will ever develop for PC, but it's not impossible, people seem to forget that the PC is an open platform.
-wub-  +   384d ago
SOE went from PC to PlayStation.
pyramidshead  +   384d ago
Definitely no rush.
Iltapalanyymi  +   384d ago
goddamn great news. I will enjoy KZ: SF while they are at it. Great to see something new from guerrilla.
e-p-ayeaH  +   384d ago
Ill get excited for it once i know what their working on.
Destrania  +   384d ago
Minds will be blown once GG's, SSM's, ND's, & QD's new IP's are shown.
#12 (Edited 384d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

The Gamers Lounge Podcast Ep 30: "You Got Microsoft In My Minecraft"

11m ago - Join John, Eric, Robert and Nathanael where they talk Minecraft, new 3DS systems, the PSP, stream... | PC

Review: RYSE: Son Of Rome Is A Stupidly Fun Romp But Fails To Conquer [EGMR]

11m ago - Quote: "RYSE: Son of Rome is an entertaining romp but ultimately one with many, many flaws. Its v... | Xbox One

SNES A Day 114: Road Riot 4WD

20m ago - Road Riot 4WD is another Super Nintendo racing game that is barely functional. | Retro

New Partnership Announced Between EGX Rezzed and BAFTA

20m ago - Gamer Network, one of the leading business firms operating in games media, confirmed that a new p... | Culture

Destiny The Game

Now - Explore Mars, Rediscover Venus, Reclaim the moon, Protect Earth. Become Legend. The wait is over! Destiny is now available to play, Pick up your... | Promoted post

Japanese Download Card Suggests 1GB Of Smash Bros. 3DS DLC

20m ago - Super Smash Bros. 3DS DLC could very well be on it's way, as suggested by the unused 7,930 Blocks... | 3DS