Submitted by staticdash22 369d ago | news

Guerrilla Games’ New IP “Will be a While”

In talking to Polygon about Killzone Shadow Fall's multiplayer, Steven ter Heide released an interesting bit of information on their next project for Sony. (Guerilla Games, Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Sony)

DirtyPimp  +   369d ago
good goddamn news. killzone 5 will truly show ps4 power, unless nd goes first.
#1 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(35) | Report | Reply
ShugaCane  +   369d ago
From the other article linked to this one :

"Netherlands based developer Guerrilla Games, the guys behind upcoming PS4 game Killzone: Shadow Fall, have already started development on a unknown new IP. Having known to be in the works since 2010, the project should be far enough along to be shown"

As the title says, it's a new IP they're talking about.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear more about it. Guerrilla is one of the most talented studio out there so the fact they're working on a new franchise is utterly exciting. I just really hope they'll keep making AAA-games for the PSV too, just like KZ Merc.
#1.1 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
DirtyPimp  +   369d ago
im anticipated to see what they could do outside the fps genre.
shivvy24  +   369d ago
Guerilla is sonys go to fps devs now that insom left and zipper shut down
showtimefolks  +   369d ago
this new IP has been in works since 2010, i am sure we will see it next year maybe at E3 or gamescom

most of sony's big studios are quite, i am sure we will see a game or 2 getting announced at VGA's this year
abzdine  +   369d ago
i think Killzone: Mercenaries is a test for Guerrilla Cambridge so they can take over the KZ franchise and the Dutcch based GG will work on a new IP.
ZHZ90  +   369d ago
I hope new IP is not a shooter and even if it is shooter I hope it is 3rd person not FPS.
sinncross  +   369d ago
Yeah new IP. They mentioned that before E3 actually.

Rumours suggest it might be a scifi SWRPG, but we dont know. I guess tehy wont really confirm it until next year. Seems like Sony is content not having to announce stuff now.
patrick47018   369d ago | Spam
KingKelloggTheWH  +   369d ago
Some reason I really want to see them do a medieval Fantasy game.
Rowdius_Maximus  +   369d ago
That'd be sweet! I wonder how they'd do with that
ZodTheRipper  +   369d ago
Hopefully they are trying out something new ...developers shouldn't be bound to one genre. Trying out new stuff gives new perspectives which can help in improving existing franchises.
KingKelloggTheWH  +   369d ago
I'd hope for a T-rated game so its a bit more light hearted than their previous games.

That or a fantasy/horror game in a similar vain as Demons Souls.
Majin-vegeta  +   369d ago
Enough with the goddam alright??god damn :p

GG take your time KZ:SF will keep us busy for awhile.Nows if you guys could give us a level editor thay would be fkn awesome.

Edit:reply to dirtypimp.
@Beloe lol here a funny bub.
#3 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DirtyPimp  +   369d ago
its ok danny, im here to protect you. dont fight it....dont fight it
MASTER_RAIDEN  +   369d ago
i could easily wait on it. launch ps4 titles along with what else is coming in the near future is PLENTY for me to be preoccupied with. though i cant wait to see their new ip, its really no rush at all.
andibandit  +   369d ago
I have a huuuuge backcatalog of games, that could hold me over till 2020.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   369d ago
@bandit PSN+ is a beautiful thing.
andibandit  +   369d ago
I agree, even tho i dont have a PS3, I really wish i had gotten one back when they started PSN+.
JackVagina  +   369d ago
Please be a RPG :D
andibandit  +   369d ago
Dunno why you are getting disagrees, im kinda missing Western style RPG in the launch line up for both systems.
kassler  +   369d ago
A rpg outside of the fantasy genre, tired of mages thiefs and warriors.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   369d ago
That's good news but I just hope they don't milk it.
ShugaCane  +   369d ago
They've been working on it for 3 years and have remained quiet about it. They take time to make games, that's the opposite of milking so I think you shouldn't worry about it !
GdaTyler  +   369d ago
If you call that milking what has the Halo franchise been doing? I enjoy it but it's clear that obviously Microsoft milks it because it's their hit franchise like Mario for Nintendo.
mike32UK  +   369d ago
They had two games out in one console gen. Hardly seem like the milking kind of devs
Hicken  +   369d ago
... what would even make you think they would?
sashimi  +   369d ago
trolling...my guess
AngelicIceDiamond  +   369d ago
Relaaax they said they're not making an Ip for a while and I don't want this to be like AC, COD, Halo and others.

Its a concerned opinion.

Touchy, touchy.
Arrrriibaa  +   369d ago
I hope its a RPG. I miss western RPGs... the only ones i can think of are Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher. Waaay to less if you ask me, because the RPG genre is my and many others favourite.

Stop with all these shootercrap and bring me some RPGs.
#7 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ravinash  +   369d ago
So True.
I do love these games, however producing the same IPs defeats the whole purpose of RPGs which is exploring the world.
There is only so much going back to the same worlds for more exploring you can do.
Some new worlds need to be created.
pandehz  +   369d ago
If GG and ND ever developed for PC that day computers around the world will blow up.

They should do one at the least.
#8 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
Arrrriibaa  +   369d ago
I think you don't understand that they are a part of Sony. They will never develop for other plattforms than Playstation. Ever.
#8.1 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
pandehz  +   369d ago
I know they are First party devs for sony that still doesn't mean they cannot dev for pc in the future.
#8.1.1 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(10) | Report
Arrrriibaa  +   369d ago
LOL? Of course that means that they won't dev for pc in the future. What the hell are you smoking? Its like the new Halo comes to PC or Super Mario, Zelda to PC. There was never a firstpartystudio that made a PC game. Thats an assumtion that never happened once and will never happen.
#8.1.2 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report
darksky  +   369d ago
Arribaa,

Halo 1 and 2 were released for PC. It was only until Halo3 that they became exclusive to xbox 360.

If Sony wanted they could make any of their games for PC like MS have done for Halo and fable in the past. Even Gears of War 1 is available on PC IIRC.
Eyeco  +   369d ago
Isn't Planet Side 2 developed by SOE, I think SOE is the best example of a first party studio that develops for both Playstation and PC, not saying Naughty Dog and GG will ever develop for PC, but it's not impossible, people seem to forget that the PC is an open platform.
-wub-  +   369d ago
SOE went from PC to PlayStation.
pyramidshead  +   369d ago
Definitely no rush.
Iltapalanyymi  +   369d ago
goddamn great news. I will enjoy KZ: SF while they are at it. Great to see something new from guerrilla.
e-p-ayeaH  +   369d ago
Ill get excited for it once i know what their working on.
Destrania  +   369d ago
Minds will be blown once GG's, SSM's, ND's, & QD's new IP's are shown.
#12 (Edited 369d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

End of Days Events: Surviving The Mill

41m ago - Bursting from the ground like a graveyard full of infected corpses, zombie experience days have b... | Culture

Resident Evil Revelations 2 + New Discovery

45m ago - Early this morning at Sony’s pre-TGS PlayStation press conference in Japan, Capcom took the stage... | PC

Revenge of the License- Stephen King's The Mist

45m ago - Michael Crisman writes, "Adaptations of Stephen King’s stories have a tendency to, well, suck (no... | Retro

The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5 – No Going Back Review | VGU

45m ago - Our time with Clementine has finally come to an end, but was the journey worth it? Find out in ou... | PC

The Walking Dead Meets Spider-Man

Now - Come join us on Filmwatch this month as we give you a chance to win the Electro Collector's Edition of Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the Limited Edition... | Promoted post

Adventures through Metal Gear: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

50m ago - The Bit's Tom Dent continues his long journey through Metal Gear Solid, this time conquering Peac... | PSP