Submitted by NYC_Gamer 777d ago | video

Watch 15 Minutes of Knack Gameplay

IGN:15 minutes of Knack gameplay from Gamescom 2013. (Knack, PS4)

Attached Video
RytGear  +   777d ago
This has actually really gotten me interested in the game, seems a lot more challenging than stuff we have seen before.
The game has gone from not interested at all to intrigued!
golding89  +   777d ago
This game seems very kiddy. Kids will love it. Looks cool if you are into games like that.
#1.1 (Edited 777d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(34) | Report | Reply
sarcastoid  +   777d ago
right, because only guns and blood are for us non-kiddos.
TongkatAli  +   777d ago
Kids and adults can love the same things. Making an adult get into his inner child is a good thing.

Too many people are harsh now a days. I used to get on Nintendo for making kids games, but if they're making people happy and entertained who gives a F, mission accomplished.

Nintendo should learn a thing or two from this game. Mario with a Pixar storyline would be entertaining.
#1.1.2 (Edited 777d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report
golding89  +   777d ago
Don't get me wrong guys. I say it's kiddy. It does not mean I would not play it. Seems fun.
abzdine  +   777d ago
good graphics! getting it together with Killzone
creatchee  +   777d ago
I dunno... It's just that I expect more from a game
directed by the guy who basically designed the PS4.
christrules0041  +   776d ago
Creating the APU for the PS4, designing the BUS inbetween the GPU and CPU, getting feedback for the controller, getting feedback for the 8GB of GDDR5, researching the X86/X64 architecture plus making a game is a lot to do.

To be honest with you I would be more curious how much of the RAM is allocated to the CPU, GPU and if this game uses the extra BUS inbetween.

Killzone: Shadowfall only used around 150MB/s of the BUS when they can pass 20GB/s.
thechosenone  +   777d ago
Same here it looks like so much fun! I love the lighting and the texture work, will definitely be picking this up.
Gster  +   776d ago
I'd really love to see this game doing well. I think MC deserves it after the tremendous work he put into developing the PS4. It really looks good now that i've seen more of it. Gamer isn't havin it all his own way either. Like he isn't walzing thru creaming everything in his path. That said, nice to see there'll be a broad difficulty setting to cater for all age groups. Level design looks nice too.
3-4-5  +   776d ago
This game looks a lot more fun than what was shown before.
CHAOSAHEAD  +   775d ago
Yep. I believe if I'm not mistaking I heard Mark Cerny say he made it like old PS1 games, Crash Bandicoot for an example, where it was locked on the hardest difficulty.
jagstatboy  +   777d ago
Definitely getting this but not at $60.
fsfsxii  +   777d ago
Yeah, because i'd rather spend that 60$ on a generic AAA title thats riddled with DLC, oh and that game looks kiddy-ish. I want blood, guns, muscled dudes.
jagstatboy  +   777d ago
Quit speaking for me, I never said that...and the dollar sign goes before the number.
dcj0524  +   777d ago
Yo. Shut up. People can spend money on what they want. The only generic game coming to next-gen is COD. You're being a generic fps hater.
Bennibop  +   777d ago
The graphics and level design seem to have improved massively!
sarcastoid  +   777d ago
definitely seeing the god of war approach to the gameplay movement. as weird as that is to say about this game...

EDIT: I think some of you all took that as "gameplay combat"... I should've said camera movement.
#4 (Edited 777d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Wikkid666  +   777d ago
More like Ratchet and Clank
Convas  +   777d ago
Damn, this looks amazing. Can't wait to try it out!
us_army  +   777d ago
I'm actually very excited for this game. A solid game like this is nice to step away from the many FPS games at launch.
jcnba28  +   777d ago
That was painful to watch. Everything about it is just mediocre. The level design, gameplay, enemies all look so plain and boring. Even Playstation Magazine said the game was below average.
tuglu_pati  +   777d ago
The game is definitely not a looker but i think its has great gameplay IMO
MrDead  +   777d ago
Ignore jcnba28, he has a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to anything Sony related. I think Sony killed his puppy.
KonsoruMasuta  +   777d ago
I wonder if this will take me back to the days when I used to play Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on my PS1. I been praying Sony gives me a game as fun as those used to be.
#8 (Edited 777d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MrDead  +   777d ago
That looks a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, Knacks enemies are very unforgiving.
SillyYou  +   777d ago
Remember the days when everyone loved to play these games? Platformers, Sidescrollers etc?.

Well, until the FPS wave came. Now a game has to be with killing and explosions to be an "adult" game.

#10 (Edited 777d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dcj0524  +   777d ago
Good games generally sale well. Ni no kuni is a "kids game" ( its more adult than most lol) and it sold well. Good games sale. If it happens to be a fps then so be it. COD is a easy game so it sales because its hard to not be good at it. Stop stereotyping gamers. Before this gen FPS were somewhat niche but now they're popular and thats great.
Inception  +   777d ago
Agreed with SillyYou. Just look at the reaction for Dragon's Crown and you will saw the same comments like some member in here already posted. Really sad indeed and they don't even wait before Knack release so they can try it if it's fun or not. Gaming community this day became worse and worse with stupid fanboys and FPS fanatics T_T
#10.2 (Edited 777d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   777d ago
Ok, I've been very unimpressed with this game previously but that actually is starting to look alot better. Before it was sterile and mundane but it looks quite challenging now. I like the art style and i love how he grows as he builds up and then shrinks as he gets hit. Plus I have a feeling it will be more graphically impressive when you're not watching a streaming video but playing it and you're able to make out all the particle effects and physics.
iceman06  +   777d ago
I'm with you on the "unimpressed" comment. However, this extended look showed a bit more variety in the way that the game can be played. It showed some challenge, and IMO, some charm. Might not get it at launch, but I will probably get it shortly after.
brew  +   777d ago
This will probably be the Untold Legends of the PS4 launch - below 60 Metacritic. I'll wait for it to hit PS+
windblowsagain  +   777d ago
I like the look of the game, art style and fx. And the idea or growing bigger with different types of things.

Needs to be challenging for the older player.

I think kids would love this type of thing as well.
Red_eyes_Gremlin  +   776d ago
Though I must ask about this game being a "next gen" title and all by the man that MADE the ps4 and its architecture.

This imo dont look next gen what so ever, Not even close.

1. The debris dont stay on the ground what so ever
2. No tessellation or cuda stuff what so ever
3. Lightning is ok though.
4. Did i say, NOTHING stays on the ground but instead disappears after 2sec into nothing? you call that next gen?
5. Textures are rly good though...BUT NO TESSELATION that NEXT GEN SHOULD have if you ask me.

(ALICE ON PC - Any one? That game HAD tessellation AND alot of physx) THAT is what i call a beautiful "this kind of game" (dont know what this or ALICE games genre are called )

If ps4 games dont have tessellation i will be upgrading my pc instead of bying a ps4 and then by me an oculus rift for the money.

To tell the truth, i was kinda let down after watching this....

Next gen? this look like a ps3 title.
AND I KNOW its recorded with a CAM but that dont hide that there is no 1-5 /read the points above

I know you all are hyped for next gen but saying this is a next gen title is just stretching it imo.

I rly expected more from a "next generation" title from the "oh so powerfull" ps4, but to say this is next gen is to fool yourself imo, it just make you look stupid.
( go play ALICE on high settings with physx on high and tessellation and you understand)

Or maybe its just me that is spoiled in gfx now after playing on PC for the last 3 years.

SO ANSWER ME THIS PLEASE (no hate) i rly do wonder:

WILL the ps4 have tesselattion? (sry eng)
Because that imo is the breaker for me if im geting a ps4 or not.

Sry my rly bad eng : (((
#14 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply

Death’s Gambit May Give the Original Dark Souls a Run For Its Money as The Most Challenging Game

3m ago - OnlySP: Death’s Gambit is a new action-RPG that draws its inspirations from the Souls series, com... | PC

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain New Cutscene Discovered

3m ago - GS:" Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, the latest entry of the series created by Hideo Kojima... | PC

This October's Releases For All Things PlayStation

Now - The spooky month of October is almost upon us and that means another calendar month of releases to feed our gamer appetites. We take a look at what... | Promoted post

Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut – Squad Strategies Developer Diary Released

3m ago - EB: inXile has released a new developer diary style trailer for Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut to sh... | PS4

Destiny’s Sleeper Simulant missions have begun with The First Firewall

4m ago - Bungie has finally begun the hunt for Destiny's most sought-after exotic | Xbox 360

Teslapunk is now available on Xbox One

4m ago - Neil writes "Need to get a new shoot em up fix? Teslapunk is now available on Xbox One." | Xbox One