Submitted by NYC_Gamer 491d ago | video

Watch 15 Minutes of Knack Gameplay

IGN:15 minutes of Knack gameplay from Gamescom 2013. (Knack, PS4)

Attached Video
RytGear  +   491d ago
This has actually really gotten me interested in the game, seems a lot more challenging than stuff we have seen before.
The game has gone from not interested at all to intrigued!
golding89  +   491d ago
This game seems very kiddy. Kids will love it. Looks cool if you are into games like that.
#1.1 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(34) | Report | Reply
sarcastoid  +   491d ago
right, because only guns and blood are for us non-kiddos.
TongkatAli  +   491d ago
Kids and adults can love the same things. Making an adult get into his inner child is a good thing.

Too many people are harsh now a days. I used to get on Nintendo for making kids games, but if they're making people happy and entertained who gives a F, mission accomplished.

Nintendo should learn a thing or two from this game. Mario with a Pixar storyline would be entertaining.
#1.1.2 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report
golding89  +   491d ago
Don't get me wrong guys. I say it's kiddy. It does not mean I would not play it. Seems fun.
abzdine  +   491d ago
good graphics! getting it together with Killzone
creatchee  +   491d ago
I dunno... It's just that I expect more from a game
directed by the guy who basically designed the PS4.
christrules0041  +   491d ago
Creating the APU for the PS4, designing the BUS inbetween the GPU and CPU, getting feedback for the controller, getting feedback for the 8GB of GDDR5, researching the X86/X64 architecture plus making a game is a lot to do.

To be honest with you I would be more curious how much of the RAM is allocated to the CPU, GPU and if this game uses the extra BUS inbetween.

Killzone: Shadowfall only used around 150MB/s of the BUS when they can pass 20GB/s.
thechosenone  +   491d ago
Same here it looks like so much fun! I love the lighting and the texture work, will definitely be picking this up.
Gster  +   491d ago
I'd really love to see this game doing well. I think MC deserves it after the tremendous work he put into developing the PS4. It really looks good now that i've seen more of it. Gamer isn't havin it all his own way either. Like he isn't walzing thru creaming everything in his path. That said, nice to see there'll be a broad difficulty setting to cater for all age groups. Level design looks nice too.
3-4-5  +   491d ago
This game looks a lot more fun than what was shown before.
CHAOSAHEAD  +   490d ago
Yep. I believe if I'm not mistaking I heard Mark Cerny say he made it like old PS1 games, Crash Bandicoot for an example, where it was locked on the hardest difficulty.
jagstatboy  +   491d ago
Definitely getting this but not at $60.
fsfsxii  +   491d ago
Yeah, because i'd rather spend that 60$ on a generic AAA title thats riddled with DLC, oh and that game looks kiddy-ish. I want blood, guns, muscled dudes.
jagstatboy  +   491d ago
Quit speaking for me, I never said that...and the dollar sign goes before the number.
dcj0524  +   491d ago
Yo. Shut up. People can spend money on what they want. The only generic game coming to next-gen is COD. You're being a generic fps hater.
Bennibop  +   491d ago
The graphics and level design seem to have improved massively!
sarcastoid  +   491d ago
definitely seeing the god of war approach to the gameplay movement. as weird as that is to say about this game...

EDIT: I think some of you all took that as "gameplay combat"... I should've said camera movement.
#4 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Wikkid666  +   491d ago
More like Ratchet and Clank
Convas  +   491d ago
Damn, this looks amazing. Can't wait to try it out!
us_army  +   491d ago
I'm actually very excited for this game. A solid game like this is nice to step away from the many FPS games at launch.
jcnba28  +   491d ago
That was painful to watch. Everything about it is just mediocre. The level design, gameplay, enemies all look so plain and boring. Even Playstation Magazine said the game was below average.
tuglu_pati  +   491d ago
The game is definitely not a looker but i think its has great gameplay IMO
MrDead  +   491d ago
Ignore jcnba28, he has a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to anything Sony related. I think Sony killed his puppy.
KonsoruMasuta  +   491d ago
I wonder if this will take me back to the days when I used to play Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on my PS1. I been praying Sony gives me a game as fun as those used to be.
#8 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MrDead  +   491d ago
That looks a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, Knacks enemies are very unforgiving.
SillyYou  +   491d ago
Remember the days when everyone loved to play these games? Platformers, Sidescrollers etc?.

Well, until the FPS wave came. Now a game has to be with killing and explosions to be an "adult" game.

Sad.
#10 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dcj0524  +   491d ago
Good games generally sale well. Ni no kuni is a "kids game" ( its more adult than most lol) and it sold well. Good games sale. If it happens to be a fps then so be it. COD is a easy game so it sales because its hard to not be good at it. Stop stereotyping gamers. Before this gen FPS were somewhat niche but now they're popular and thats great.
Inception  +   491d ago
Agreed with SillyYou. Just look at the reaction for Dragon's Crown and you will saw the same comments like some member in here already posted. Really sad indeed and they don't even wait before Knack release so they can try it if it's fun or not. Gaming community this day became worse and worse with stupid fanboys and FPS fanatics T_T
#10.2 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   491d ago
Ok, I've been very unimpressed with this game previously but that actually is starting to look alot better. Before it was sterile and mundane but it looks quite challenging now. I like the art style and i love how he grows as he builds up and then shrinks as he gets hit. Plus I have a feeling it will be more graphically impressive when you're not watching a streaming video but playing it and you're able to make out all the particle effects and physics.
iceman06  +   491d ago
I'm with you on the "unimpressed" comment. However, this extended look showed a bit more variety in the way that the game can be played. It showed some challenge, and IMO, some charm. Might not get it at launch, but I will probably get it shortly after.
brew  +   491d ago
This will probably be the Untold Legends of the PS4 launch - below 60 Metacritic. I'll wait for it to hit PS+
windblowsagain  +   491d ago
I like the look of the game, art style and fx. And the idea or growing bigger with different types of things.

Needs to be challenging for the older player.

I think kids would love this type of thing as well.
Red_eyes_Gremlin  +   491d ago
Though I must ask about this game being a "next gen" title and all by the man that MADE the ps4 and its architecture.

This imo dont look next gen what so ever, Not even close.
Why?

1. The debris dont stay on the ground what so ever
2. No tessellation or cuda stuff what so ever
3. Lightning is ok though.
4. Did i say, NOTHING stays on the ground but instead disappears after 2sec into nothing? you call that next gen?
5. Textures are rly good though...BUT NO TESSELATION that NEXT GEN SHOULD have if you ask me.

(ALICE ON PC - Any one? That game HAD tessellation AND alot of physx) THAT is what i call a beautiful "this kind of game" (dont know what this or ALICE games genre are called )

If ps4 games dont have tessellation i will be upgrading my pc instead of bying a ps4 and then by me an oculus rift for the money.

To tell the truth, i was kinda let down after watching this....

Next gen? this look like a ps3 title.
AND I KNOW its recorded with a CAM but that dont hide that there is no 1-5 /read the points above

I know you all are hyped for next gen but saying this is a next gen title is just stretching it imo.

I rly expected more from a "next generation" title from the "oh so powerfull" ps4, but to say this is next gen is to fool yourself imo, it just make you look stupid.
( go play ALICE on high settings with physx on high and tessellation and you understand)

Or maybe its just me that is spoiled in gfx now after playing on PC for the last 3 years.

SO ANSWER ME THIS PLEASE (no hate) i rly do wonder:

WILL the ps4 have tesselattion? (sry eng)
Because that imo is the breaker for me if im geting a ps4 or not.

Sry my rly bad eng : (((
#14 (Edited 491d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes – Six Weather Types Confirmed, Cyprus Environment To Be Featured

11m ago - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is out on the PC and some PC gamers found tools to unlock the gam... | PC

Duck Hunt - Game & Watch w/ Grandma (Video Preview) - GameXplain

14m ago - GX: "Duck Hunt has arrived on the Wii U Virtual Console and we take a quick look on Christmas!" | Wii U

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review(Planet Orbis)

16m ago - When it comes to RPG's Dragon Age just like Mass Effect seems to take the reigns and lead this ge... | Xbox

Is Kaidan Alenko gaming’s bisexual male icon?

54m ago - Pause and Select: "Here, two men have an open honest exploration of their feelings for each other... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

Littlewitch is now available on Steam

2h ago - Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque: Edition Perfecta the visual novel has been released outs... | PC