Submitted by NYC_Gamer 365d ago | video

Watch 15 Minutes of Knack Gameplay

IGN:15 minutes of Knack gameplay from Gamescom 2013. (Knack, PS4)

Attached Video
RytGear  +   365d ago
This has actually really gotten me interested in the game, seems a lot more challenging than stuff we have seen before.
The game has gone from not interested at all to intrigued!
golding89  +   365d ago
This game seems very kiddy. Kids will love it. Looks cool if you are into games like that.
#1.1 (Edited 365d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(34) | Report | Reply
sarcastoid  +   365d ago
right, because only guns and blood are for us non-kiddos.
TongkatAli  +   365d ago
Kids and adults can love the same things. Making an adult get into his inner child is a good thing.

Too many people are harsh now a days. I used to get on Nintendo for making kids games, but if they're making people happy and entertained who gives a F, mission accomplished.

Nintendo should learn a thing or two from this game. Mario with a Pixar storyline would be entertaining.
#1.1.2 (Edited 365d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report
golding89  +   365d ago
Don't get me wrong guys. I say it's kiddy. It does not mean I would not play it. Seems fun.
abzdine  +   365d ago
good graphics! getting it together with Killzone
creatchee  +   364d ago
I dunno... It's just that I expect more from a game
directed by the guy who basically designed the PS4.
christrules0041  +   364d ago
Creating the APU for the PS4, designing the BUS inbetween the GPU and CPU, getting feedback for the controller, getting feedback for the 8GB of GDDR5, researching the X86/X64 architecture plus making a game is a lot to do.

To be honest with you I would be more curious how much of the RAM is allocated to the CPU, GPU and if this game uses the extra BUS inbetween.

Killzone: Shadowfall only used around 150MB/s of the BUS when they can pass 20GB/s.
thechosenone  +   364d ago
Same here it looks like so much fun! I love the lighting and the texture work, will definitely be picking this up.
Gster  +   364d ago
I'd really love to see this game doing well. I think MC deserves it after the tremendous work he put into developing the PS4. It really looks good now that i've seen more of it. Gamer isn't havin it all his own way either. Like he isn't walzing thru creaming everything in his path. That said, nice to see there'll be a broad difficulty setting to cater for all age groups. Level design looks nice too.
3-4-5  +   364d ago
This game looks a lot more fun than what was shown before.
CHAOSAHEAD  +   363d ago
Yep. I believe if I'm not mistaking I heard Mark Cerny say he made it like old PS1 games, Crash Bandicoot for an example, where it was locked on the hardest difficulty.
jagstatboy  +   365d ago
Definitely getting this but not at $60.
fsfsxii  +   365d ago
Yeah, because i'd rather spend that 60$ on a generic AAA title thats riddled with DLC, oh and that game looks kiddy-ish. I want blood, guns, muscled dudes.
jagstatboy  +   365d ago
Quit speaking for me, I never said that...and the dollar sign goes before the number.
dcj0524  +   364d ago
Yo. Shut up. People can spend money on what they want. The only generic game coming to next-gen is COD. You're being a generic fps hater.
Bennibop  +   365d ago
The graphics and level design seem to have improved massively!
sarcastoid  +   365d ago
definitely seeing the god of war approach to the gameplay movement. as weird as that is to say about this game...

EDIT: I think some of you all took that as "gameplay combat"... I should've said camera movement.
#4 (Edited 365d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Wikkid666  +   365d ago
More like Ratchet and Clank
Convas  +   365d ago
Damn, this looks amazing. Can't wait to try it out!
us_army  +   365d ago
I'm actually very excited for this game. A solid game like this is nice to step away from the many FPS games at launch.
jcnba28  +   365d ago
That was painful to watch. Everything about it is just mediocre. The level design, gameplay, enemies all look so plain and boring. Even Playstation Magazine said the game was below average.
tuglu_pati  +   365d ago
The game is definitely not a looker but i think its has great gameplay IMO
MrDead  +   364d ago
Ignore jcnba28, he has a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to anything Sony related. I think Sony killed his puppy.
KonsoruMasuta  +   365d ago
I wonder if this will take me back to the days when I used to play Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on my PS1. I been praying Sony gives me a game as fun as those used to be.
#8 (Edited 365d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MrDead  +   365d ago
That looks a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, Knacks enemies are very unforgiving.
SillyYou  +   364d ago
Remember the days when everyone loved to play these games? Platformers, Sidescrollers etc?.

Well, until the FPS wave came. Now a game has to be with killing and explosions to be an "adult" game.

Sad.
#10 (Edited 364d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dcj0524  +   364d ago
Good games generally sale well. Ni no kuni is a "kids game" ( its more adult than most lol) and it sold well. Good games sale. If it happens to be a fps then so be it. COD is a easy game so it sales because its hard to not be good at it. Stop stereotyping gamers. Before this gen FPS were somewhat niche but now they're popular and thats great.
Inception  +   364d ago
Agreed with SillyYou. Just look at the reaction for Dragon's Crown and you will saw the same comments like some member in here already posted. Really sad indeed and they don't even wait before Knack release so they can try it if it's fun or not. Gaming community this day became worse and worse with stupid fanboys and FPS fanatics T_T
#10.2 (Edited 364d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   364d ago
Ok, I've been very unimpressed with this game previously but that actually is starting to look alot better. Before it was sterile and mundane but it looks quite challenging now. I like the art style and i love how he grows as he builds up and then shrinks as he gets hit. Plus I have a feeling it will be more graphically impressive when you're not watching a streaming video but playing it and you're able to make out all the particle effects and physics.
iceman06  +   364d ago
I'm with you on the "unimpressed" comment. However, this extended look showed a bit more variety in the way that the game can be played. It showed some challenge, and IMO, some charm. Might not get it at launch, but I will probably get it shortly after.
brew  +   364d ago
This will probably be the Untold Legends of the PS4 launch - below 60 Metacritic. I'll wait for it to hit PS+
windblowsagain  +   364d ago
I like the look of the game, art style and fx. And the idea or growing bigger with different types of things.

Needs to be challenging for the older player.

I think kids would love this type of thing as well.
Red_eyes_Gremlin  +   364d ago
Though I must ask about this game being a "next gen" title and all by the man that MADE the ps4 and its architecture.

This imo dont look next gen what so ever, Not even close.
Why?

1. The debris dont stay on the ground what so ever
2. No tessellation or cuda stuff what so ever
3. Lightning is ok though.
4. Did i say, NOTHING stays on the ground but instead disappears after 2sec into nothing? you call that next gen?
5. Textures are rly good though...BUT NO TESSELATION that NEXT GEN SHOULD have if you ask me.

(ALICE ON PC - Any one? That game HAD tessellation AND alot of physx) THAT is what i call a beautiful "this kind of game" (dont know what this or ALICE games genre are called )

If ps4 games dont have tessellation i will be upgrading my pc instead of bying a ps4 and then by me an oculus rift for the money.

To tell the truth, i was kinda let down after watching this....

Next gen? this look like a ps3 title.
AND I KNOW its recorded with a CAM but that dont hide that there is no 1-5 /read the points above

I know you all are hyped for next gen but saying this is a next gen title is just stretching it imo.

I rly expected more from a "next generation" title from the "oh so powerfull" ps4, but to say this is next gen is to fool yourself imo, it just make you look stupid.
( go play ALICE on high settings with physx on high and tessellation and you understand)

Or maybe its just me that is spoiled in gfx now after playing on PC for the last 3 years.

SO ANSWER ME THIS PLEASE (no hate) i rly do wonder:

WILL the ps4 have tesselattion? (sry eng)
Because that imo is the breaker for me if im geting a ps4 or not.

Sry my rly bad eng : (((
#14 (Edited 364d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply

Game Prices, In Store And Online

17m ago - So this has been something that has been bugging us at AGR for years now. It hasn’t effected us i... | Culture

Xbox 360's 500 GB HD is cheaper than its 320 GB cousin but still expensive

18m ago - You'll soon have the option to upgrade your Xbox 360 with a 500 GB hard drive for $109.99, accord... | Xbox 360

7 Silent Hill Connections in P.T.

19m ago - 7 Connections the P.T. Demo makes to the original Silent Hill series and what they mean for the f... | PS4

Interview with Battlefield Hardline lead Multiplayer Designer and the changes made since BETA

19m ago - Lead Multiplayer Designer from Visceral Games Thad Sasser interviewed about the changes made and... | PC

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) Review

Now - Dave checks out the remastered version of Naughty Dog’s latest. | Promoted post

Extended Fondling – Sonic Spinball Episode 4

50m ago - You spin me round Sonic. John and Laura go retro with Sonic Spinball. Our Fondling video seri... | Retro