Submitted by TrendyGamers 371d ago | news

PlayStation Vita Gets a Price Drop to $199.99/€199.99

It seemed like a big possibility with numerous retailers dropping the price to $199.99 this week, and now it's become official from Sony.
- PSLS (PS Vita)

Alternative Sources
Snookies12  +   371d ago
Oh wow, that's a killer price for a Vita no doubt.
shoddy  +   371d ago
I'm waiting for a slim 1080p vita
darthv72  +   371d ago
i have the 3g vita but wouldnt mind one with tv out if they made it.
PraxxtorCruel  +   371d ago
So what's the price for us British folk? £199 lol?
zeal0us  +   371d ago
You will be waiting a while. I wonder how much the memory cards will be now after the cut.
#1.1.3 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
jujubee88  +   371d ago
Huh? Are you talking about a screen upgrade? Probably not going to be happening. It's already OLED, literally the best quality display not even out to the mass market.

Also, a PPI increase and major display change was a cause of concern when PSP did it. I recalled a lot of people complaining about "ghosting" in pixels of the LCD. So, Sony don't want another error like that happening again.

But there will be a slim VITA....sometime in the future. Let's not forgot, Sony still need to weed out the 3G version and get more colors out (even the white color is only if you buy Asscreed).
-Superman-  +   371d ago
Now people cant whine that PSVita price is too high
Killzoner99  +   371d ago
The media will find something else to complain about. Game journalist want the Vita to fail. They have since it launched.
Salooh  +   371d ago
Yep , now we will see if that works like you people say, they only showed borderland 2 which is awesome if i didn't play it on pc and ps3 .

If the owners increased the developers will support it so i think this is great but like what i said , most people are not buying the vita because it doesn't have the games they are interested in ..
#1.2.2 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
solidjun5  +   371d ago
Oh I'm sure they'll find some way to whine.
LOGICWINS  +   371d ago
People will always whine. But the majority will see $199 as a MORE than reasonable price.
testerg35  +   371d ago
Obviously its not the media, but consumers thought it was too high.
Slasher716   371d ago | Spam
xHeavYx  +   371d ago
The memory cards also get a price drop, that's great
Slasher716   370d ago | Spam
ThatCanadianGuy514  +   371d ago
The last handheld i bought was a Gameboy advance.
Looks like i'll be picking up a Vita in the near future tho.Already have like, what? 10+ free games from PS+?

This is great news for Vita.
CaptainPunch  +   371d ago
Really? You missed out on a lot of great games then.
jujubee88  +   371d ago
Haha. That was technically the last handheld I bought too (I got PSP gifted to me as a present a while later).

You're going to like VITA if you like what you see at Gamescom and what's been released so far. ^^
Kingthrash360  +   371d ago
and and memcards!
showtimefolks  +   371d ago
and memory card prices will be significant lower damn sony you heard us good

borderlands 2 on the go ultimate win
GdaTyler  +   371d ago
ok that's pretty awesome I have to admit.
GdaTyler  +   371d ago
lol at disagrees. Must be another Vita hater.

Anyways maybe people will buy more and in return we'll get more games. Hopefully.
showtimefolks  +   371d ago
yes sir haters will find a way to hate

but Vita is gonna get a lot more support now with much better MSRP price and hopefully much better prices for memory cards

borderlands 2 on the game
Kingthrash360  +   371d ago
boarderlands 2!
clmstr  +   371d ago
thank you, Sony.
torchic  +   371d ago
I was happy with this, then heard that Borderlands 2 is also coming to Vita! wow I definitely have to get one after I save up for my PS4!
Kayant  +   371d ago
Vita saved.... Good thing they cut the price on the memory cards. I wonder if we might just get that killer PS4+PSvita bundle.
#9 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Thomper  +   371d ago
About fracking time. Those memory cards were just plain profiteering!!

Good news. Might buy another vita
Misaka_x_Touma  +   371d ago
Great but still no games.
#11 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(21) | Report | Reply
ABeastNamedTariq  +   371d ago
You're kidding, right? They're announcing game after game. GTFO.
Misaka_x_Touma  +   371d ago
no I am not kidding.

I want one but not enough games to warrant my purchase.
Only games that coming or already out I want is
Persona 4 Golden and Ys: Memories of Celceta
wenaldy  +   371d ago
This is sooooooooo 2012!! GTFO
Misaka_x_Touma  +   371d ago
don't know why you are getting worked up over an opinion
Protagonist  +   371d ago
@Misaka_x_Touma

Your comments are a waste of time troll.

They just announced game after game for the Vita.
solidjun5  +   371d ago
Your past comments indicate trolling. You had no interests in the first place. Also, the fact that you said "no games" is so wrong. Yea, you're trolling.
imt558  +   371d ago
Yes, it has games. I have over 40 games for PSV.
tiffac008  +   371d ago
The Vita has games, the majority are just not the ones you want but it does not warrant the "FUD" you just said.
Picture_Dancer  +   371d ago
Open gamerankings and check how many games have above 80% for PSV and for 3DS. Almost the same amout
Williamson  +   371d ago
199$ is the perfect price for the vita with the great games already out and the games coming up soon. Dragons crown, soul sacrifice, muramasa, gravity rush, uncharted, wipeout, ac liberation, ray man legends, killzone, lbp, tearaway, and now borderlands 2....listed all these games since people are going to troll by saying " vita has no games"
#12 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   371d ago
The problem with that list I'd majority of those games are available on consoles or are a slimmed down version of a console game. It's the reason why I sold my vita. The vita needs original games imo not console ports. Once they start releasing more games like gravity rush ill buy another vita. Oh and a mem card price drop is mandatory since plus gives away so many vita games. No bashing just my honest opinion
My_Outer_Heaven  +   371d ago
Good news... but not low enough for Europe. If Vita costs £120 that would be great.
#13 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Izzy408  +   371d ago
Still not buying it.
TheEnigma313  +   371d ago
Yet, you felt the need to post anyway?
Izzy408  +   371d ago
PS fanboys do it all the time in Xbox articles... so i thought i'd just do the same. Is that ok with you?
#14.1.1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(7) | Report
Majin-vegeta  +   371d ago
Said no one ever.
ger2396  +   371d ago
You don't give a reason, so I'm guessing you don't like portable gaming .
Protagonist  +   371d ago
@Izzy408

Then why post troll?
solidjun5  +   371d ago

It's funny. In the article above you said "Fanboy at it's finest." Were you trying to teach people how to be one and you were merely indicating that he's doing it wrong? Troll.
#14.5 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Izzy408  +   371d ago
Thank you for proving my point; you've just strengthen my argument that much more. In that article, all I did was point out his complete arrogant and bias approach. In this article, all I said was, "still not buying it," yet everyone seems to have been offended by that simple statement. Pathetic.
#14.5.1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report
solidjun5  +   371d ago
What the hell are you talking about?

"Still not buying it." How is that proving your point, or even strengthening your argument. If you were going to make a point, you should flesh it out. Pathetic.
tiffac008  +   371d ago
Looks like you just became what you most hated.
MrTrololo  +   371d ago
Doesn't matter it won't dominate the 3ds anyway
Killzoner99  +   371d ago
GTFO
Nicaragua  +   371d ago
It doesn't need to
Protagonist  +   371d ago
@MrTrololo

Go troll another gaming device...or even better just leave N4G.
ger2396  +   371d ago
Nice, time to buy a cosmic red vita.
Kingthrash360  +   371d ago
still annoucing vita games
monkey602  +   371d ago
My shop have are already selling the vitas at a discount, currently going for 150€ so this announcement did nothing for me
Pinkdolphinyfg  +   371d ago
Still not enough games imo. Wheres the god of wars, infamous, and killzone at. They only showed indie titles. I would only get one for my ps classics on the go or if they put minecraft on it. Imagine minecraftbon the go with actual controls.
Master-H  +   371d ago
Good news, i might get one next year after ps4, to play Soul Sacrifice FINALLY :B
dorron  +   371d ago
I was expecting 150€ for PSVita and a maximum of 50€ ofr 32GB memcard...still too pricey.
GdaTyler  +   371d ago
I was expecting Infamous Vita. Guess we have to wait until the system sells until they have enough confidence to take risks. Bioshock Vita still in matchmaking.

I think a lot of AAA PS Vita games are being made. It's just that they are already having trouble selling Vita's and won't allow the launch of PS4 to overshadow it and kill any demand. Probably next year they'll focus more on Vita since PS3 will pretty much be less supported by next year. Hopefully this price drop makes developers recognize the Vita and make games for it after it sells some more.
#22 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Hellblade video: how to do triple-A on a shoestring

10m ago - Ninja Theory’s Hellblade announcement in Sony’s gamescom conference delighted many. But, as you’l... | PS4

Pokken Tournament to Run at “Smooth” 60FPS & Give The Feeling of Pokemon Battling In The Real World

10m ago - Earlier today, Pokemon Company announced that Pokken Tournament will be heading to arcades and th... | Arcade

Review: Metro Redux (DarkZero)

11m ago - Dominic Sheard, DarkZero: "The video games industry is such an interesting place to watch trends... | PC

The Nexus Times: When Servers Die

11m ago - What happens when once populated Wildstar servers become abandoned wastelands? Carbine listens to... | PC

The Walking Dead Meets Spider-Man

Now - Come join us on Filmwatch this month as we give you a chance to win the Electro Collector's Edition of Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the Limited Edition... | Promoted post

Diablo III Reaper of Souls - What's New in Patch 2.1.0?

14m ago - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls patch 2.1 has arrived. Diablo fans are once again given a breath of f... | PC