Submitted by TrendyGamers 345d ago | news

PlayStation Vita Gets a Price Drop to $199.99/€199.99

It seemed like a big possibility with numerous retailers dropping the price to $199.99 this week, and now it's become official from Sony.
- PSLS (PS Vita)

Alternative Sources
Snookies12  +   345d ago
Oh wow, that's a killer price for a Vita no doubt.
shoddy  +   345d ago
I'm waiting for a slim 1080p vita
darthv72  +   345d ago
i have the 3g vita but wouldnt mind one with tv out if they made it.
PraxxtorCruel  +   345d ago
So what's the price for us British folk? £199 lol?
zeal0us  +   345d ago
You will be waiting a while. I wonder how much the memory cards will be now after the cut.
#1.1.3 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
jujubee88  +   345d ago
Huh? Are you talking about a screen upgrade? Probably not going to be happening. It's already OLED, literally the best quality display not even out to the mass market.

Also, a PPI increase and major display change was a cause of concern when PSP did it. I recalled a lot of people complaining about "ghosting" in pixels of the LCD. So, Sony don't want another error like that happening again.

But there will be a slim VITA....sometime in the future. Let's not forgot, Sony still need to weed out the 3G version and get more colors out (even the white color is only if you buy Asscreed).
-Superman-  +   345d ago
Now people cant whine that PSVita price is too high
Killzoner99  +   345d ago
The media will find something else to complain about. Game journalist want the Vita to fail. They have since it launched.
14Feb-R  +   345d ago
Yep , now we will see if that works like you people say, they only showed borderland 2 which is awesome if i didn't play it on pc and ps3 .

If the owners increased the developers will support it so i think this is great but like what i said , most people are not buying the vita because it doesn't have the games they are interested in ..
#1.2.2 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
solidjun5  +   345d ago
Oh I'm sure they'll find some way to whine.
LOGICWINS  +   345d ago
People will always whine. But the majority will see $199 as a MORE than reasonable price.
testerg35  +   345d ago
Obviously its not the media, but consumers thought it was too high.
Slasher716   345d ago | Spam
xHeavYx  +   345d ago
The memory cards also get a price drop, that's great
Slasher716   344d ago | Spam
ThatCanadianGuy514  +   345d ago
The last handheld i bought was a Gameboy advance.
Looks like i'll be picking up a Vita in the near future tho.Already have like, what? 10+ free games from PS+?

This is great news for Vita.
CaptainPunch  +   345d ago
Really? You missed out on a lot of great games then.
jujubee88  +   345d ago
Haha. That was technically the last handheld I bought too (I got PSP gifted to me as a present a while later).

You're going to like VITA if you like what you see at Gamescom and what's been released so far. ^^
Kingthrash360  +   345d ago
and and memcards!
showtimefolks  +   345d ago
and memory card prices will be significant lower damn sony you heard us good

borderlands 2 on the go ultimate win
GdaTyler  +   345d ago
ok that's pretty awesome I have to admit.
GdaTyler  +   345d ago
lol at disagrees. Must be another Vita hater.

Anyways maybe people will buy more and in return we'll get more games. Hopefully.
showtimefolks  +   345d ago
yes sir haters will find a way to hate

but Vita is gonna get a lot more support now with much better MSRP price and hopefully much better prices for memory cards

borderlands 2 on the game
Kingthrash360  +   345d ago
boarderlands 2!
clmstr  +   345d ago
thank you, Sony.
torchic  +   345d ago
I was happy with this, then heard that Borderlands 2 is also coming to Vita! wow I definitely have to get one after I save up for my PS4!
Kayant  +   345d ago
Vita saved.... Good thing they cut the price on the memory cards. I wonder if we might just get that killer PS4+PSvita bundle.
#9 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Thomper  +   345d ago
About fracking time. Those memory cards were just plain profiteering!!

Good news. Might buy another vita
Misaka_x_Touma  +   345d ago
Great but still no games.
#11 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(21) | Report | Reply
ABeastNamedTariq  +   345d ago
You're kidding, right? They're announcing game after game. GTFO.
Misaka_x_Touma  +   345d ago
no I am not kidding.

I want one but not enough games to warrant my purchase.
Only games that coming or already out I want is
Persona 4 Golden and Ys: Memories of Celceta
wenaldy  +   345d ago
This is sooooooooo 2012!! GTFO
Misaka_x_Touma  +   345d ago
don't know why you are getting worked up over an opinion
Protagonist  +   345d ago
@Misaka_x_Touma

Your comments are a waste of time troll.

They just announced game after game for the Vita.
solidjun5  +   345d ago
Your past comments indicate trolling. You had no interests in the first place. Also, the fact that you said "no games" is so wrong. Yea, you're trolling.
imt558  +   345d ago
Yes, it has games. I have over 40 games for PSV.
tiffac008  +   345d ago
The Vita has games, the majority are just not the ones you want but it does not warrant the "FUD" you just said.
Picture_Dancer  +   345d ago
Open gamerankings and check how many games have above 80% for PSV and for 3DS. Almost the same amout
Williamson  +   345d ago
199$ is the perfect price for the vita with the great games already out and the games coming up soon. Dragons crown, soul sacrifice, muramasa, gravity rush, uncharted, wipeout, ac liberation, ray man legends, killzone, lbp, tearaway, and now borderlands 2....listed all these games since people are going to troll by saying " vita has no games"
#12 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   345d ago
The problem with that list I'd majority of those games are available on consoles or are a slimmed down version of a console game. It's the reason why I sold my vita. The vita needs original games imo not console ports. Once they start releasing more games like gravity rush ill buy another vita. Oh and a mem card price drop is mandatory since plus gives away so many vita games. No bashing just my honest opinion
My_Outer_Heaven  +   345d ago
Good news... but not low enough for Europe. If Vita costs £120 that would be great.
#13 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Izzy408  +   345d ago
Still not buying it.
TheEnigma313  +   345d ago
Yet, you felt the need to post anyway?
Izzy408  +   345d ago
PS fanboys do it all the time in Xbox articles... so i thought i'd just do the same. Is that ok with you?
#14.1.1 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(7) | Report
Majin-vegeta  +   345d ago
Said no one ever.
ger2396  +   345d ago
You don't give a reason, so I'm guessing you don't like portable gaming .
Protagonist  +   345d ago
@Izzy408

Then why post troll?
solidjun5  +   345d ago

It's funny. In the article above you said "Fanboy at it's finest." Were you trying to teach people how to be one and you were merely indicating that he's doing it wrong? Troll.
#14.5 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Izzy408  +   345d ago
Thank you for proving my point; you've just strengthen my argument that much more. In that article, all I did was point out his complete arrogant and bias approach. In this article, all I said was, "still not buying it," yet everyone seems to have been offended by that simple statement. Pathetic.
#14.5.1 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report
solidjun5  +   345d ago
What the hell are you talking about?

"Still not buying it." How is that proving your point, or even strengthening your argument. If you were going to make a point, you should flesh it out. Pathetic.
tiffac008  +   345d ago
Looks like you just became what you most hated.
MrTrololo  +   345d ago
Doesn't matter it won't dominate the 3ds anyway
Killzoner99  +   345d ago
GTFO
Nicaragua  +   345d ago
It doesn't need to
Protagonist  +   345d ago
@MrTrololo

Go troll another gaming device...or even better just leave N4G.
ger2396  +   345d ago
Nice, time to buy a cosmic red vita.
Kingthrash360  +   345d ago
still annoucing vita games
monkey602  +   345d ago
My shop have are already selling the vitas at a discount, currently going for 150€ so this announcement did nothing for me
Pinkdolphinyfg  +   345d ago
Still not enough games imo. Wheres the god of wars, infamous, and killzone at. They only showed indie titles. I would only get one for my ps classics on the go or if they put minecraft on it. Imagine minecraftbon the go with actual controls.
Master-H  +   345d ago
Good news, i might get one next year after ps4, to play Soul Sacrifice FINALLY :B
dorron  +   345d ago
I was expecting 150€ for PSVita and a maximum of 50€ ofr 32GB memcard...still too pricey.
GdaTyler  +   345d ago
I was expecting Infamous Vita. Guess we have to wait until the system sells until they have enough confidence to take risks. Bioshock Vita still in matchmaking.

I think a lot of AAA PS Vita games are being made. It's just that they are already having trouble selling Vita's and won't allow the launch of PS4 to overshadow it and kill any demand. Probably next year they'll focus more on Vita since PS3 will pretty much be less supported by next year. Hopefully this price drop makes developers recognize the Vita and make games for it after it sells some more.
#22 (Edited 345d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Tales Of Zestiria New Magazine Scan Showcases Sorey Fusions

7m ago - A new magazine scan is now available for Tales Of Zestiria, showcasing some new fusions for Sorey... | PS3

Sacred 3 Review (Strategy Informer)

16m ago - From Strategyinformer.com: "Ah, an isometric-viewpoint action RPG where you click the left mouse... | PC

The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode Four - Amid the Ruins - Let's Play

16m ago - Join NoobFeed Edit Adam in a complete session with The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode Four - Am... | PC

Grid Autosport PC patch adds Time Trials, fixes bugs

16m ago - Codemasters have updated Grid Autosport today with a couple of additional game features and fixes... | PC

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

Colin McRae Rally shows up on Steam

17m ago - A version of Colin McRae Rally has just appeared on Steam. It has the usual complement of modern... | PC