Submitted by Smurf1 616d ago | opinion piece

What We Expect from Sony's Gamescom 2013 Conference

GC - Here's what we expect at Sony's Gamescom conference this year, along with a few predictions as well. (Gamescom 2013, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, Sony)

christrules0041  +   617d ago
The title should be what WE expect. They don't know more then we do yet what TO expect kind of says they have insider information we don't know about. It's misleading in a way.
#1 (Edited 617d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
Pope_Kaz_Hirai_II  +   616d ago
Smartglass 2.
Master-H  +   616d ago
Hmmm Xbox's SmartGlass announcement in Sony's conference.. seems legit.
GribbleGrunger  +   616d ago
A newly designed Vita:

"RUMOR: Japanese newspaper Tokyo Keizai reported a rumor that Sony is set to reveal a new PS Vita model in September before the Tokyo Game Show. The new model PCH-2000 will have a 6.3" display manufactured by Samsung (screen size of the current model is 5"), and the resolution will remain at 960 x 554 pixels. The amount of RAM will increase from 512MB to 1GB, to allow more programs to run in the background, the amount of RAM used by games will be unchanged (meaning games are still compatible between old and new models). In addition, the design of the new model will be more in-line with the PS4 design; and the system will launch with new game titles."

Who knows? I know it says September ... I just got excited.

VitaXL!
#1.2 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   616d ago
Wow that does sound good however a QHD display at 6.3 inches means a very low pixel density which doesnt excite me that much. But the extra 512MB of ram hints at a more robust operating system so it should be pretty interesting to see.
Salooh  +   616d ago
Sound too good to be true. I don't think sony will create an improved specs in vita . It doesn't work like that .. So i think the rumor is fake . It's like expecting another version of ps4 with 16gb of ram lol ...
Rendermonk  +   615d ago
Ya it doesn't work that way. If they released a new Vita with more RAM, all the early adopters of Vita would have been slighted. Sony doesn't want that. I agree with "14Feb-R" above me, it proves the rumor is false. It's more than likely a cooked up rumor to throw MS off the trail of the "Oct PS4 release date" rumor. Sony has played their PS4 hand well, and if they held back the PS4 release date all this time, it's for good reason. And that's because they want to launch AHEAD of X1, can't do that if they let slip the final Ace up their sleeve.
#1.2.3 (Edited 615d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
showtimefolks  +   616d ago
i am hoping to hear the following

some news on what's to come from sony for PS3 in 2014

Vita price drop
or memory card price drop
some games for Vita besides the ones already coming

and rest of the show about ps4

announce a release date for october, MS is already not ready so push them to launch before they are ready.

show us some of the 20 plus games due within 1st 12 months of ps4, show us atleast few new IP's

show gameplay for ready at dawn's the order 1886

gamescom is gonna be more geared towards European publishers/developers, could we get news that witcher 1-2 will be coming to ps4?

also LFD3 has been rumored for a while could we see valve announce it at gamescom?
MasterCornholio  +   616d ago
I would really love a massive price drop on the 32GB vita memory cards.
dredgewalker  +   615d ago
I'll simply be happy with massive price drops in memory cards prices too. I have no issues with the vita's game library. Also I'm hoping for more localization of japanese games along with the release of vita colors that are only available in japan.
come_bom  +   616d ago
I expect Sony to announce one or two PS4 and Vita exclusives that nobody knows about.

I expect a Vita (and it's memories) price cut.
#1.4 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jessupj  +   616d ago
I'm hoping Sony announce more of those 20 exclusives that are going to be released in the first year.
aceitman  +   616d ago
im sure some more will be held back for Tokyo gameshow.
SpitFireAce85  +   616d ago
I think the conference is 3 hours long so I expect a lot of info.
awesomeperson  +   616d ago
Don't get your hopes up for it been that long. That includes the pre-show/after-show discussion on that stream.

If I remember correctly, the actual conference will be approximately 1 hour 15 mins (or around then).

Nonetheless, they should be able to cram a decent amount of announcements into that time!
shivvy24  +   616d ago
Its 2.5hrs I think, read it on some scedule thing
Edit - or 1.5
#2.2.2 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
JunioRS101  +   616d ago
I think most people agree that that would make sense, and is even likely.
GreenRanger  +   616d ago
According to my spies within Sony, there's a 95% chance that they're going to show....something.
USA007  +   616d ago
Your spies are absolutely amazing! I never would have seen that coming!
GreenRanger  +   616d ago
@ USA007
Trained 'em myself.
dredgewalker  +   615d ago
@Green
Oh yeah, according to my spies within Sony there's 96% that they're going to show something.....much better. Hah my spies are 1% better than your spies.....also tell them not to wear too much green they stand out too much :p
#3.1.2 (Edited 615d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
JunioRS101  +   616d ago
you must have some mediocre spies
Quicktopick  +   616d ago
pink ranger myt be that spy... wink wink
Heisenburger  +   616d ago
What?

"myt"

*walks away*
rainslacker  +   616d ago
Provacative....tell me more. Something good. Oh, never mind, they're just unnamed sources.:P
#3.4 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MASTER_RAIDEN  +   616d ago
The Last Guardian? Please Lord make it happen.
GamerGuy153  +   616d ago
More likely at TGS. Still though, don;t get your hope us
Tiechie  +   616d ago
Anyone able to tell me where I could watch this.
USA007  +   616d ago
#5.1 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PositiveEmotions  +   616d ago
I want to see everything that the site said.
JunioRS101  +   616d ago
This is how it's gonna go down, folks...

1) New AAA exclusive ANNOUNCED *officially*
2) New AAA exclusive TEASED *less officially*
3) Existing AAA exclusive DEMOED
4) New Indie ANNOUNCED
5) New Vita exclusive ANNOUNCED/DEMOED
6) PS3/Vita PRICE DROP
7) PS4/Vita bundle ANNOUNCED

They'll give us a little taste of everything I think.
#7 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PositiveEmotions  +   616d ago
Can some one please tell me what are AAA Games.
USA007  +   616d ago
Googled a definition-
(video games) A quality video game expected to sell well, typically with a higher budget than budget software

So it's basically high budget video games
shivvy24  +   616d ago
Look at BF4 then look at cooking mama , you should be able to tell which is far superior and cost shitloads to make and thats a AAA title ! Yes im talking about cooking mama , jks
black0o  +   616d ago
a game that cost a lot of money ''millions'' and big team to make it happen
Rimeskeem  +   616d ago
we know n4g we seen the other 3 articles you have on this
BG11579  +   616d ago
I bet they are going to announce some new games, but it would be cool they also announce the official release date.
That last one hypes me up all by itself (let it be 21st October).
Sci0n  +   616d ago
So excited, Playstation Nation for life.
theWB27  +   616d ago
"Playstation Nation for life."

Sounds like a mouthful to say. *wink wink* -_-
Sci0n  +   616d ago
good thing typing doesn't take much, trey for life had a nice ring to it but the troll elpresador started that. So much amazing quality and games from all sony's consoles it just makes a gamer excited about gaming from all phases. gamescon and the PS4 release date can't come soon enough!
#11.1.1 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
theWB27  +   616d ago
I get it...just messin around. I'm an Xbox fan, but still excited to see what Sony offers.

Trey for life- troll elpresador...is that Kaz? Maria??
GameCents  +   616d ago
More multiplats perhaps. E3 was full of them, it was disappointing at the time cause X1 was nowhere on my purchase radar with its horrid policies.

I hope we get more than indie games and multiplats this time.
Sci0n  +   616d ago
PS4 And Vita functionality explained a bit more would be great too. Like can I be in a party chat room on my vita with people on the PS4 and voice chat or type with them to communicate?
#13 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sci0n  +   616d ago
A uncharted 4 announcement would be amazing, they don't even have to fully announce it just a teaser with the number 4 and naughty dogs classic UC font would drive everyone wild.
AJ Hartley  +   616d ago
Whens the show fellas?
GoldPunch-TR  +   616d ago
The Last of Us's DLC
meatysausage  +   616d ago
Games and hopefully a sneak peak of the new PSN and UI
I hope they bombard us with game after game
#17 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
M-M  +   616d ago
Am I the only one that wants to see more of Kingdom Hearts 3? I don't want to wait until TGS or next year =(.
N2NOther  +   616d ago
I think any ND announcement will happen at the VGAs.
MrSwankSinatra  +   616d ago
can we get the order: 1886 gameplay.
Destrania  +   616d ago
Ahh, only two more days! Sony is without a doubt going to bring it big time and demolish any remaning doubters. Can't wait to see the updated builds of Killzone, Knack, and Driveclub. I hope they show a The Order: 1886 gameplay demo. I also hope SSM's new PS4 game, MM's new PS4 game, and QD's new PS4 game are all announced/revealed. It's so exciting!
TheOneEyedHound  +   616d ago
Milo
thinktwice  +   616d ago
Release date and lot more ps4 games and exclusive titles! And more info on the system about what it can do and what more will it offer other then just the gaming side of it.. Come on sony go big or go home give us a hell of a show
#23 (Edited 616d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Titan Souls Review - My Games Lounge

1h ago - The official My Games Lounge verdict on the challenging Indie Title Titan Souls by Acid Nerve.... | PC

Top 10 Worst Paid Mods for Skyrim on Steam Workshop

3h ago - "A fine selection of the worst paid mods on Steam Workshop for Skyrim." | PC

Make the World / Break the World

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play. Give us your vote on Steam Greenlight! | Promoted post

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition Review - PixelgamerUK

3h ago - State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition is an open world zombie game brought to you by Develope... | Xbox One

War Dragons - Tips, Tricks, Hints, Cheats, and Strategy Guide

3h ago - War Dragons is a new dragon raising game from Pocket Gems, who is far more well known for Dragon... | iPhone

Bouncy Bits: Tips, Tricks, Cheats, and Strategy Guide

3h ago - Bouncy Bits is a new endless-bouncing game for the iOS platform by Playside. Graphics look like s... | iPhone