Submitted by mrbojingles 346d ago | news

Rockstar on GTA V for PS4/Xbox One: We'll 'see what happens'

Rockstar gives an update on whether they plan to release a port of GTA V for next-gen consoles in the future. (Grand Theft Auto V, PS4, Rockstar Games, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
« 1 2 »
golding89  +   346d ago
We'll 'see what happens means good news guys :-)
PSN-JeRzYzFyNeSt  +   346d ago
muahahaha
Black-Helghast  +   346d ago
I don't want to hear "We'll see what happens", I want them to confirm if we're getting it on next gen or not, that way I know if I should buy it on this gen or next.
Drekken  +   346d ago
I am not buying it for this gen. I would rather play it on the PS4 or PC.
PSN-JeRzYzFyNeSt  +   346d ago
im waiting for it on next gen reguardless so if they dont then im fucked idc
DARK WITNESS  +   346d ago
i have no problem buying this game for this gen and buying it again for next gen. It looks that good that i will support R* with my money x2
guitarded77  +   346d ago
It's the most difficult thing to do (waiting), but I want to experience it at its best. So now I just have to avoid EVERYTHING GTAV related. It will come. It has to come.
Wenis  +   346d ago
They won't confirm that its going to be for PS4 and XOne until after the game launches, because they want you to buy it for PS3/360 AND PS4/XOne
#1.1.6 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(1) | Report
ceedubya9  +   346d ago
Heck yeah. I'm thinking that they want to make sure that they get the 360/PS3 version out and sold before they announce for PS4/One.
ZombieKiller  +   346d ago
oh yeah definitely. They worked hard on this game and I think they made ps3 the lead platform. I could be wrong but it seems like they're giving the PS3 version the treatment it deserves! If they make it just a little bit better, I'll re-buy it on ps4 without hesitation.
clearelite  +   346d ago
I didn't even think of that. Sounds about right and they could (relatively) easily release a discounted next gen version same day.
Septic  +   346d ago
Here's hoping! This is the game to really compliment the share features on the PS4 and X1.
ZombieKiller  +   346d ago
I'd buy on ps4 for the share features alone! I've seriously had some of THE funniest times EVER in that game and would love to save them. One time at full speed my buddy driving, had another player catch up and start shooting us. That lead to an accident resulting in our car spinning. Halfway through the 360 I toss a sticky c4 out the window only to perfectly time it hitting the enemy windshield. My friend saw it as I detonated the bomb. Holy hell I wish I could have saved that. We laughed forever. Moments like that I want recorded. Why stop there though? I wish the game had a video editor too like COD (kind of...just better). I would make a full movie. Think about the possibilities with all you can do in a living breathing city like that! Ooh yeahhh!!!

**Remembers he doesn't have a PC....DOH!**
#1.3.1 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
iMixMasTer872   346d ago | Spam
WiiUsauce  +   345d ago
they'd be the biggest hypocrites if they ported it to a PS4 with zero install base, but neglected the Wii U with in install base of over 3 million.
Muffins1223  +   338d ago
ps4 will have a bigger install base compared too wiiu...your a idiot if you think wiiu version of gta 5 would outsell ps4 version,if you look at vg chartz ps4 games have already outsold any wiiu game and ps4 is not out yet lol.
assdan  +   345d ago
I really want this game, but I really don't want to get more new games for my PS3 that won't be touched almost at all in a few months.
ZodTheRipper  +   346d ago
We all know it will happen. It's the perfect oppurtunity to get used to the new tech.
#2 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
PeaSFor  +   346d ago
"the perfect oppurtunity" to get 2x the money, since im getting it on ps3, i would also(like many other peoples) get the PS4/pc version.
jessupj  +   345d ago
Of course it will.

R* will first release it on current consoles.

Then perhaps a year later it will come out of next gen consoles and PC, most likely with extra content.

Little bit of a mean move? Perhaps, but I'll be the first to admit I'll gladly buy both.
Gardenia  +   345d ago
Theyve already made up their minds about this. Its just that they are not telling us so we will all buy GTAV this gen
kennyg3739  +   346d ago
Rockstar.. I need to know now!..
Lukas_Japonicus  +   346d ago
I hope so. I have no problem buying the game twice, one for PS4 and again for PS4, if there's a company that deserves a double purchase its R*, they put so much effort into their games.
#4 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Majin-vegeta  +   346d ago
PS4 already released??*Mind blown* :P
Lukas_Japonicus  +   346d ago
I didn't say it was, i was implying when it is, ill buy it for PS4 too.
Lukas_Japonicus  +   346d ago
PS3 and PS4*
xtremexx  +   346d ago
Lol, you correct yourself and people disagree.

Logic.
Jury  +   346d ago
So two for ps4? :p

Whoops, I'm too slow
#4.3 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
SpideySpeakz  +   346d ago
That means if the PS4/Xboner sells good, and GTAV sells good as well, then you'll probably see a port or re-release on next-gen. But it's likely you won't see it for at least a year.
EliteDave93  +   346d ago
Id say 2-3 years.
ThatCanadianGuy514  +   346d ago
My avatar..
tigertron  +   346d ago
I'll double dip if my stats/cash etc transfer over.
jjb1981  +   346d ago
I concur
koh  +   346d ago
My guess is that they will as long as you register with Rockstar's Social Club.
Kryptix  +   346d ago
This is good, a good step from what they previously said about next gen. Hopefully it does happen and actually wouldn't mind buying the game twice if next gen allows online play to have 30+ players at one time on consoles. Imagine all the mayhem with so many players in one room. If they do make a PS4/Xbox One version, it's a win win for everyone. They just have to port the PC version and work a couple things out to make it work.
matrixman92  +   346d ago
maybe if its not out for a long time I will get it. But if its out lets say towards the beginning of next year, no way am I buying the same game twice that fast
gamingbeast718   346d ago | Spam
KazeRaVen  +   346d ago
I love when companies don't give a direct answer, It usually means "Its coming we just cant comment on it right now" lol.
iMixMasTer872   346d ago | Spam
CaptainPunch  +   346d ago
I wouldn't doubt if GTA V came to the PS4, PC, and X1.
Baka-akaB  +   346d ago
I guess if they port it , it will be something like "liberty city stories"
weirdo  +   346d ago
the online mode of gtav has astronomical potential
ABeastNamedTariq  +   346d ago
Don't tease me R*!
#14 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
AJ Hartley  +   346d ago
So 20 million + sales on current gen then they will probably bring it to next gen .
Rockstar just dont want to come across wa*kas but at the end of the day its business, make as many current gen sales then release it next gen and sell millions more either way GTA !!!!!!
#15 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Dno  +   346d ago
the PC and next gen versions are prolly almost complete. Just say they are coming. We know they are.
Lucreto  +   346d ago
I expect the next generation versions will be announced when the PC version is announced.
-EvoAnubis-  +   346d ago
GTAV can stay on current gen for all I care, but I REALLY want Grand Theft Auto Online on my PlayStation 4. This online world added to all of the online features that the PS4 will bring sounds like a pretty epic win to me. If there's any game that I'd be sharing video clips of, this would be the one.
No_Limit  +   346d ago
It is coming just like GTA3 eventually made it to PCs and the original Xbox a bit after the PS2 versions.
Nunchez  +   346d ago
GTA Online will be awesome on the next gen consoles! That 16 player limit can easily double. Hope it happens soon.
KontryBoy706  +   346d ago
I bet all the gameplay we have seen hasn't been on the PS3 I bet it was PS4. I am gonna sit back and hold off on buying this game and see what R* does. I want it on PC anyways. But I'd settle for PS4. If they release this game on current consoles and then turn around and release it on next gen and have every one convinced to buy the game twice... then they would have accomplished the biggest trick ever.
#21 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
_LarZen_  +   346d ago
I hope it will come for next gen consoles. I am so sure that it will, that I have no plans on picking up the game when it comes out.

It looks nice on current gen but just imagine what it will look like on next gen or a decent gaming pc.

So I am going to wait as long as I can, hoping and crossing my fingers they will make it official soon.
#22 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KontryBoy706  +   346d ago
absolutely agree
Zancruz  +   346d ago
I would just buy it again for my PS4.... I can't wait no longer to play GTA5!
DirtyPimp  +   346d ago
so ps4 version? yes!
NeoTribe  +   346d ago
Are you kidding me.... well see what happens? Why would you not put it on the consoles that can actually run it with high graphical fidelity and superior draw distance.... I'm selling my ps3 after ps4 is out so if its not commin to ps4 there not getting my dollar. Fuckin idiots.
Slysi  +   346d ago
Like somone said, ill buy this gen and if they release again next gen ill buy that as well.ill always support rockstar
caperjim  +   346d ago
Its going to be hard but im waiting for a next generation version or PC.
MiasmaDodo  +   346d ago
awesome looking like GTA V will be on PS4!

hell yeah day 1
n4rc  +   346d ago
They lost me as a customer by delaying it too close to x1 release..

Not a knock against them for the game.. But I just can't see my playing my 360/ps3 once I get my new console.. Really hoping they rerelease it for next gen so I can still pick it up..

Otherwise I just might pass on it altogether
Mkai28  +   346d ago
They are going to wait and see once gamers buy ps3 and Xb360. 5 mil units each, then they will release it on the next gen and we will buy it because Of the better graphics.. :|

So we will be buying this game twice..
#30 (Edited 346d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
« 1 2 »

Monster Hunter 4 Box Art Released

19m ago - The box art for the upcoming monster hunter game, Monster Hunter 4 has been revealed | 3DS

The Crew Closed Beta Impressions [Capsule Computers]

25m ago - The Crew was one of my most anticipated titles to come out of Ubisoft’s E3 2013. An open world ra... | PC

Don't Touch The Spikes Cheats: The Strategy Guide and Tips

40m ago - Don't Touch The Spikes Cheats Use any hex editor apps that are available for android and chang... | iPhone

Atari Lynx Driving School Educational Release Up For Auction

1h ago - Carl Williams writes, "Okay, in the United States, and most of the rest of the world, the Atari L... | Retro

Start Making Games for the PS4

2048 Released on Sega Genesis

1h ago - Carl Williams writes, "2048 is quickly becoming the Flappy Bird of puzzle games in the last coupl... | Retro