Submitted by Rearden 450d ago | rumor

Battlefield 4 getting Caspian Border and Kharg Island map remakes?

Popular BF3 maps Kharg Island and Caspian Border were spotted in the latest Battlefield 4 trailer. (Battlefield 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 12
Lior  +   450d ago
hope so
MidnytRain  +   450d ago
I never bought BF3 for myself, so this is kind of a moot point for me, but if I had and played extensively like other players, this would bother me. Remakes need to be add-ons for later. I don't pay for sequels to play old or "remastered" maps from the last game. Energy should initially be spent on NEW maps. This is what I didn't like about Uncharted 3. Too many old maps remade instead of brand new ones.
#1.1 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Lunarassassin  +   450d ago
That depends. If there are as many or more new maps in BF4 as there were in BF3 and then remastered maps it could work out to be a good move.
Lior  +   450d ago
I would actually want operation metro and grand bazaar and maybe a back to karckand map as well
princejb134  +   449d ago
operation metro and bazaar are the best maps in bf3 in my opinion
MizTv  +   449d ago
Love bazaar
titletownrelo  +   449d ago
I'd really like wake island to be remade. Destroyable bridges, water wave mechanics, plus new boat warfare would be epic.
BattleAxe  +   449d ago
Yeah, because they've never remade Wake Island before.........
3-4-5  +   449d ago
Kharg Island is by far the best BF3 map in my opinion. It's got a great balance to it that a lot of the other maps don't.

At least for console. Some of the other big maps are too big for 12v12, I'd assume they work well for 32v32 though.
shibster88  +   450d ago
Metro, grand bazaar, talah market and azidar palace would be awesome.
Hellsvacancy  +   450d ago
Please not Metro, I've played that map more times than anyone should have to

I still play the hell out of BF3, i'm far to familiar with the maps, I hope they show some Bad Company 2 love this time round, I'd love an Africa Harbour and Port Valdez remake
#2.1 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Neixus  +   449d ago
Just saying, you're one of the reasons Dice chose Metro. They chose the community's ''Favourites'' aka most played map. People then chose to play metro 64 to gain easy levels.

Tadaaa, look what happened! You can't really complain when you guys did this yourself.
(This is a reply to everyone who's complaining, not you Hellsvacancy)
chak_  +   449d ago
It's Arica, not africa.

But yeah, the map was great. Good 'ol time on BC2, I miss that game.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   449d ago
Oasis, Guadal Canal, or some vietnam maps,..

I want an Old school map pack, maybe with just Iron sites,like in the Vietnam map pack.
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   450d ago
Still waiting for some Bridge too Far, Dammage and Backstab action.
Hufandpuf  +   449d ago
Backstabbing and Tampa Highway would be awesome
SeanScythe  +   450d ago
Bring back some BF:BC2 maps! Please!
Neixus  +   449d ago
Oh yes, I freaking love the snow map! don't know what it's called again, but it was pretty linear and started with attackers parachuting.

I also like the map where first base is on this island, and you see helis and boats charges against you =D
SKUD  +   450d ago
Ghost town.
game_infected  +   450d ago
Arica harbor remake would be nice
Convas  +   450d ago
Oasis remake for 64 players kthxbai
gazgriff2k12  +   450d ago
these maps are part of the second assault DLC. I hope metro is not part of the map pack the map is as bad as nuketown on black ops totally out of place
#8 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
9Matt2  +   450d ago
Arica Harbor Conquest on Bad Company 2 was the Bad Company 2 at it's best!
#9 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
slazer101  +   450d ago
Wonder why these maps? I don't think there that great.
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   450d ago
Wow, so many COD haters who claim it is nothing but the same old rehashed maps are now begging to get some rehashed maps lmao.
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   450d ago
The difference, new technology is being incorporated to said maps. Leveloution and new vehicles on classic maps would actually be vast improvement compared to rehashs.
#11.1 (Edited 450d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
T2  +   449d ago
Metro - spawn trap enemy , collapse tunnel , game over lol
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   449d ago
Lmao spawn trap. Way to play tactically. Another reason not to buy.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   449d ago
Every one loves the classics,.. but this is the difference, The re-skins are their own seperate map pack, a 5th pack,.. not 1 re-skin in the mix of 3 new,. with 4 packs total through out the year,..

4 with 4 new maps, a 5th pack is a classic -usually free or part of a promo.. not a paid re-skin with 3 new maps,,.
#11.2 (Edited 449d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ABeastNamedTariq  +   450d ago
Add Wake Island and I'm alllll good. Just gives me a reason to pay off my preorder faster.
shibster88  +   450d ago
Loved wake on 1943 but not so much on bf3 not sure why.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   449d ago
bf3 didn't have the boat's on two capture points, which turned the tide faster on 1943, the boat houses were key.
sovietsoldier  +   450d ago
if they did a metro remake please get rid of the crappy spam choke points please.
BALLARD32  +   450d ago
It clearly says those are Battlefield 3 servers in the pic lol. Please no Metro in BF4 though. Way too linear and one sided. I'd gladly take Oasis, Harvest Day, and Nelson Bay remakes.
princejb134  +   449d ago
you dont have to play metro you know
but for many that was the best map in bf3
BALLARD32  +   449d ago
There's not much choice when 50% of the servers are Metro with a thousand tickets but I try not to. I do feel sorry for those who think it's the best map in BF3.
princejb134  +   449d ago
@ballard32

there is a reason most of the servers is metro especially those that are private servers
is because people like that map
desertpunk86  +   450d ago
a god damn remake!lazy ass devs i would rather play new maps god damn bf turning into cod,why would i wanna play remakes of maps i been playing for 2 years.

building destruction!battlefield 4!buy it now!

still the same old shit cod style!
T2  +   450d ago
Gulf of Oman is still the nicest map but the spawning on the carrier needs help ... Firestorm is a very well thought out map because spawn camping is harder ... Any map with AA gun near spawn prevents some spawn camp
slampunk  +   449d ago
as long as it's not metro, then i don't mind....
ginsunuva  +   449d ago
We still play on those maps?
Why remake them? For year-old nostalgia?

Don't let DICE be lazy.
SpideySpeakz  +   449d ago
Oh great, recycling map, huh? BioWare did the same thing with DA2. Hmm, EA is involved somehow..
Trying to save money by re-releasing maps we've already bought. That's just cheap and lazy.
Coach_McGuirk  +   449d ago
the problem is you're essentially paying for the same experience
AgentSmithPS4  +   449d ago
These maps will be MUCH better with 64 players, if you played bf3 on the 360 and your friends weren't online and you're playing conquest on caspian, kharg, etc you can feel SO ALONE. I'd constantly be wondering "where the F is my team don't they want to win?" I think the K/D ratio was a major problem in cq and rush, I'd remove it from cq completely but maybe they should have it so only the winning team gets to show off their kd ratio or the winning team can choose to keep or delete their KD from that game.

I hope noshar canals TDM is in, wake island is fun, sharqi would be better with 64, tehran, firestorm, metro.

I would love oasis cq from bfbc2 to be in there :P.
listenkids  +   447d ago
The best maps on BF3 are from BF2, this doesn't excite.

Review: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (New Gamer Nation)

29m ago - You read it right, Pac-Man is back with another video game proving to everyone that he is still p... | Xbox 360

The Gamer Headlines Show Ep2 - Japanese MGS, Star Wars Episode VII, and the Marcus Fenix Collection

1h ago - Hosted by Adnan Riaz and Christopher Cortes, this week’s podcast has the two hosts talking about... | PS3

Following the #GamerGate saga, new study states gaming least welcoming area for women online

1h ago - Just today gamer Felicia Day had her personal details published online after speaking out about t... | Culture

New Game mode revealed for Samurai Warriors: Chronicle 3

1h ago - New game mode for Samurai Warriors: Chronicle 3 revealed, as well as a host of new images. | PS Vita

Start Making Games for the PS4

Bethesda investigating improvements for PC port of The Evil Within

1h ago - Rely on Horror: The Evil Within has been in the hands of gamers for over a week now, and while th... | PC