Submitted by Rearden 344d ago | rumor

Battlefield 4 getting Caspian Border and Kharg Island map remakes?

Popular BF3 maps Kharg Island and Caspian Border were spotted in the latest Battlefield 4 trailer. (Battlefield 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 12
Lior  +   344d ago
hope so
MidnytRain  +   344d ago
I never bought BF3 for myself, so this is kind of a moot point for me, but if I had and played extensively like other players, this would bother me. Remakes need to be add-ons for later. I don't pay for sequels to play old or "remastered" maps from the last game. Energy should initially be spent on NEW maps. This is what I didn't like about Uncharted 3. Too many old maps remade instead of brand new ones.
#1.1 (Edited 344d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Lunarassassin  +   344d ago
That depends. If there are as many or more new maps in BF4 as there were in BF3 and then remastered maps it could work out to be a good move.
Lior  +   344d ago
I would actually want operation metro and grand bazaar and maybe a back to karckand map as well
princejb134  +   344d ago
operation metro and bazaar are the best maps in bf3 in my opinion
MizTv  +   344d ago
Love bazaar
titletownrelo  +   344d ago
I'd really like wake island to be remade. Destroyable bridges, water wave mechanics, plus new boat warfare would be epic.
BattleAxe  +   344d ago
Yeah, because they've never remade Wake Island before.........
3-4-5  +   344d ago
Kharg Island is by far the best BF3 map in my opinion. It's got a great balance to it that a lot of the other maps don't.

At least for console. Some of the other big maps are too big for 12v12, I'd assume they work well for 32v32 though.
shibster88  +   344d ago
Metro, grand bazaar, talah market and azidar palace would be awesome.
Hellsvacancy  +   344d ago
Please not Metro, I've played that map more times than anyone should have to

I still play the hell out of BF3, i'm far to familiar with the maps, I hope they show some Bad Company 2 love this time round, I'd love an Africa Harbour and Port Valdez remake
#2.1 (Edited 344d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Neixus  +   344d ago
Just saying, you're one of the reasons Dice chose Metro. They chose the community's ''Favourites'' aka most played map. People then chose to play metro 64 to gain easy levels.

Tadaaa, look what happened! You can't really complain when you guys did this yourself.
(This is a reply to everyone who's complaining, not you Hellsvacancy)
chak_  +   344d ago
It's Arica, not africa.

But yeah, the map was great. Good 'ol time on BC2, I miss that game.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   344d ago
Oasis, Guadal Canal, or some vietnam maps,..

I want an Old school map pack, maybe with just Iron sites,like in the Vietnam map pack.
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   344d ago
Still waiting for some Bridge too Far, Dammage and Backstab action.
Hufandpuf  +   344d ago
Backstabbing and Tampa Highway would be awesome
SeanScythe  +   344d ago
Bring back some BF:BC2 maps! Please!
Neixus  +   344d ago
Oh yes, I freaking love the snow map! don't know what it's called again, but it was pretty linear and started with attackers parachuting.

I also like the map where first base is on this island, and you see helis and boats charges against you =D
SKUD  +   344d ago
Ghost town.
game_infected  +   344d ago
Arica harbor remake would be nice
Convas  +   344d ago
Oasis remake for 64 players kthxbai
gazgriff2k12  +   344d ago
these maps are part of the second assault DLC. I hope metro is not part of the map pack the map is as bad as nuketown on black ops totally out of place
#8 (Edited 344d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
9Matt2  +   344d ago
Arica Harbor Conquest on Bad Company 2 was the Bad Company 2 at it's best!
#9 (Edited 344d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
slazer101  +   344d ago
Wonder why these maps? I don't think there that great.
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   344d ago
Wow, so many COD haters who claim it is nothing but the same old rehashed maps are now begging to get some rehashed maps lmao.
Kyosuke_Sanada  +   344d ago
The difference, new technology is being incorporated to said maps. Leveloution and new vehicles on classic maps would actually be vast improvement compared to rehashs.
#11.1 (Edited 344d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
T2  +   344d ago
Metro - spawn trap enemy , collapse tunnel , game over lol
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   344d ago
Lmao spawn trap. Way to play tactically. Another reason not to buy.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   344d ago
Every one loves the classics,.. but this is the difference, The re-skins are their own seperate map pack, a 5th pack,.. not 1 re-skin in the mix of 3 new,. with 4 packs total through out the year,..

4 with 4 new maps, a 5th pack is a classic -usually free or part of a promo.. not a paid re-skin with 3 new maps,,.
#11.2 (Edited 344d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ABeastNamedTariq  +   344d ago
Add Wake Island and I'm alllll good. Just gives me a reason to pay off my preorder faster.
shibster88  +   344d ago
Loved wake on 1943 but not so much on bf3 not sure why.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   344d ago
bf3 didn't have the boat's on two capture points, which turned the tide faster on 1943, the boat houses were key.
sovietsoldier  +   344d ago
if they did a metro remake please get rid of the crappy spam choke points please.
BALLARD32  +   344d ago
It clearly says those are Battlefield 3 servers in the pic lol. Please no Metro in BF4 though. Way too linear and one sided. I'd gladly take Oasis, Harvest Day, and Nelson Bay remakes.
princejb134  +   344d ago
you dont have to play metro you know
but for many that was the best map in bf3
BALLARD32  +   344d ago
There's not much choice when 50% of the servers are Metro with a thousand tickets but I try not to. I do feel sorry for those who think it's the best map in BF3.
princejb134  +   344d ago
@ballard32

there is a reason most of the servers is metro especially those that are private servers
is because people like that map
desertpunk86  +   344d ago
a god damn remake!lazy ass devs i would rather play new maps god damn bf turning into cod,why would i wanna play remakes of maps i been playing for 2 years.

building destruction!battlefield 4!buy it now!

still the same old shit cod style!
T2  +   344d ago
Gulf of Oman is still the nicest map but the spawning on the carrier needs help ... Firestorm is a very well thought out map because spawn camping is harder ... Any map with AA gun near spawn prevents some spawn camp
slampunk  +   344d ago
as long as it's not metro, then i don't mind....
ginsunuva  +   344d ago
We still play on those maps?
Why remake them? For year-old nostalgia?

Don't let DICE be lazy.
SpideySpeakz  +   344d ago
Oh great, recycling map, huh? BioWare did the same thing with DA2. Hmm, EA is involved somehow..
Trying to save money by re-releasing maps we've already bought. That's just cheap and lazy.
taiyed80  +   344d ago
the problem is you're essentially paying for the same experience
AgentSmithPS4  +   344d ago
These maps will be MUCH better with 64 players, if you played bf3 on the 360 and your friends weren't online and you're playing conquest on caspian, kharg, etc you can feel SO ALONE. I'd constantly be wondering "where the F is my team don't they want to win?" I think the K/D ratio was a major problem in cq and rush, I'd remove it from cq completely but maybe they should have it so only the winning team gets to show off their kd ratio or the winning team can choose to keep or delete their KD from that game.

I hope noshar canals TDM is in, wake island is fun, sharqi would be better with 64, tehran, firestorm, metro.

I would love oasis cq from bfbc2 to be in there :P.
listenkids  +   342d ago
The best maps on BF3 are from BF2, this doesn't excite.

Project Morpheus Preview - Sony's Mindblowing Machine Is The Real Deal | Dealspwn

5m ago - Dealspwn writes: "It's still early days for Sony's foray into virtual reality, but having emerged... | PS4

Sega Master System Brawl Released for Sega Genesis

5m ago - Carl Williams writes, "Every Sega gamer out there has probably looked longingly at the Super Smas... | Retro

Bungie details inventory and planet layout for upcoming shooter ‘Destiny’

10m ago - Destiny Character, Cinematic and Technical Art Lead, Tom Sanocki spoke to Examiner.com about Dest... | Xbox 360

Square Enix Revamps Founders Packs for Nosgoth

11m ago - Twinfinite writes,"Square Enix has announced a refreshed offering of founder packs for their Stea... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

The Mid-Week Musings: Is Shovel Knight PlayStation Bound And Has DrinkBox Forsaken PS3/Vita Owners?

20m ago - This week in the Musings: Is Shovel Knight PlayStation bound? Destiny gets Ghost, and a heartfelt... | PC