Submitted by Valay 371d ago | news

Call of Duty: Ghosts finally confirmed for Wii U

Activision and Nintendo have finally announced that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be coming to Wii U. (Call of Duty: Ghosts, Wii U)

Alternative Sources
Hatsune-Miku  +   371d ago
nice. good for wii u owners. more games are good for whoever owns a wii u. hopefully a lot of people will buy this game along with others slated for release this year because it may encourage a lot of support from third party devs.
#1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
jeannesson   371d ago | Spam
Campy da Camper  +   371d ago
Great. Now wiiU owners can play with people named XxPottyTrainedKilla420BedTimez Xx
Benjaminkno  +   371d ago
LOL!! They are a bunch of noobs. They wouldn't last 2 minutes on other consoles.

But really.. WiiU is my preferred experience.

I'm not sure how much I'll like this one.
PopRocks359  +   371d ago
Wait... people were doubting this?

@iamsuperman

I was gonna say... Activision was willing to put versions of the game with bad graphics on the Wii... why wouldn't they port their game to a system that can handle it on pretty much the same level?

It's freaking Call of Duty! It's going to make a ton of money no matter what they do with it.
#2 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
iamnsuperman  +   371d ago
It would have been an odd move for Activision not to (especially when they supported the Wii with COD games before). At least the Wii U is able to accept a normal port unlike the Wii
#2.1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dark-hollow  +   371d ago
I was wondering, since there is absolutely no doubt that the ps4/xbone are way more powerful than the Wii u.

So my question is, if for an example, some multiplat games on the next gen consoles gonna run at 1080p 60fps, can the Wii u run the same games at 720p 30fps? Even if it required some downgrading?

For me I'll always buy the ps4/xbone versions regardless but I was wondering as this is the largest wall between ninty and the third party publishers in the next upcoming years.
#2.1.1 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(5) | Report
PopRocks359  +   371d ago
@dark-hollow

It probably depends on the engine. Anything tailored for the Xbox One/PS4 architecture would probably require different engine work on Wii U and therefor probably won't happen or will be severely gimped in some way.

On the other hand, if it's something using Frostbite or CryEngine then there's probably little reason to doubt the console's ability to run it, albeit probably scaled down depending how taxing it is on the newer consoles.
#2.1.2 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report
14Feb-R  +   371d ago
Almost all Launch games in PS4 and X1 can come to the wii u with a downgrade . They are already porting them in current generation so it's not a problem for the wii u .

But the second year may have a different situation though . Games will demand more and won't be possible in current generation and wii u will have half the luck on getting PS4/X1 games. I think Wii u will be like the wii , focus on casual is the best for it. The best games in it don't demand a lot of power because they depend on creative and fun stuff more then the tech..
thezeldadoth  +   371d ago
^ most ps4 games are more than likely going to be 1080p, 30fps
herbs  +   371d ago
COD games are not demanding or technically impressive. It will not be pushing next gen hardware very far and will work just fine on the Wii U which will also feature the best local multilayer via the Gamepad.
14Feb-R  +   371d ago
They don't need to downgrade the graphics or anything. The game is not considered a next generation game because it doesn't do anything different . Look at the last of us . It looks gorgeous and better then Ghost in the ps4 and pc..

But glad that call of duty fans in wii u will get it ^^ .
awesomeabe1998  +   371d ago
@dark-hollow

The Wii U actually does not need a downgrade. It is able to run 1080p at 60FPS. It has been announced for a couple of games I think. Plus there is almost no way that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be 1080p and run at 60FPS. I cant see that happen.

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeabe1998
Playstation Network: awesomeabe1998
Youtube: WUPSgames
R00bot  +   371d ago
There were even versions of COD on the DS.
dark-hollow  +   371d ago
Kudos for Activision for still supporting the platform. Screw you, EA!!

"Releasing in 5/11/2013" that's when you release your third party games, on the same date as all other versions. Unlike EA who make half assed ports and release it way later then complain that it bombed so bad.
#3 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Becuzisaid  +   371d ago
Didn't Black Ops 2 bomb on the Wii U? Didn't know there was much of a COD audience there.
dark-hollow  +   371d ago
It was given. %99 of cod players already owns a ps3 or a 360 to play cod, but it's a nice gesture from acti for supporting even such a small fan base of Wii u owners.
a_adji  +   371d ago
Considering it had been out nearly a year on the major systems I don't know what people were expecting. This will launch on all systems at the same time so I'm sure the numbers will be different
deafdani  +   371d ago
Nope, Black Ops 2 was released on Wii U only about a week or two after the other HD versions. Not even close to "nearly a year".

If it didn't do too well on Wii U it was simply because it was a new console with virtually no install base. I think Ghosts will fare a bit better because the Wii U will have a much bigger install base come this november, but it will still do much, much better on the other two current HD consoles. No idea how it will fare compared to the Xbox One and PS4 versions, though.
awesomeabe1998  +   371d ago
Black Ops 2 was only a week or so out on PS3 and Xbox360 before it was out on Wii U. But come to think of it, a week is a lot considering the pre orders and the people getting it on day 2 3 4 5 6 or 7.

That is not the only reason. Everyone already had a PS3 and Xbox360, so instead of buying a new console for that game just buy it for what you have. This is also why I think CoD: Ghosts wont sell as much on Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One than PS360, but if anyone already aims to but a Next Gen console they will pick it up.

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeabe1998
Playstation Network: awesomeabe1998
Youtube: WUPSgames
AJBACK2FRAG  +   371d ago
Absolutely... true. It's insane. There's two thousand people playing Blops 2 on the Wii U and, get this, over twelve thousand people still playing Blops 1 on the Wii! Wtf? Somebody wake me up if Ghosts ever gets enough players on it to play ctf on the Wii U. Until then I ain't buying it.
Activision, you must rest this series tweak it, innovate it and come back in two years with a monster or kill the golden goose!
#4.3 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Benjaminkno  +   371d ago
I hear you there. There's usually capture on BO2, but there's a douche named 'OneHitter' that bitches and complains constantly. Whine-baby-crying with his crew.
It's really annoying.
gpturbo81  +   371d ago
while playing wii u version i noticed the lowest rank is around 155000. so there's at least that many. should be better for the system now that its releasing same day as the rest.
a_adji  +   371d ago
The wii u version for me was most enjoyable.
R00bot  +   371d ago
The off-screen play is great.
TheEvilWithin  +   371d ago
Might have to now pick this up for the Wii U and get Battlefield 4 for the PS4! Nice! I hope it continues the off screen play.
Trago1337  +   371d ago
It's ironic that people were doubting a Wii u release when a good chunk of cod's sales over the years came from the Wii believe it or not.
cherbhy  +   371d ago
i hope they release this one digitally... blops2 disc never seems to leave my wii u...
Benjaminkno  +   371d ago
yeah, ive definitely gotten my 60 dollars out of it.
gedden7  +   371d ago
Yay..... -_____-

But seriously good for us Wii U owners but I gotta say AS A HARDCORE C O D fan I hate how Activision is putting little money into the development of the COD series.. It get worse and worse each year...

But great news cause its a another 3rd party dev will release another game to the Wii U.. Also It might be cool using the gamepad for controlling the dog.
Benjaminkno  +   371d ago
Black Ops 1 is still my favorite
gedden7  +   371d ago
Blops 1 IS THE BEST COD!!!!!!!!
Nevers0ft  +   371d ago
So conflicted... I want to support 3rd part AAA games on the Wii U, but I can't stand COD games (I tried, I own BLOPS2 for the Wii U but it's languished in its case since the second week after I bought it).
Benjaminkno  +   371d ago
pity..

there's nothing like getting a merciless badge on the shitter
Nevers0ft  +   371d ago
Sounds painful! O_o
bobacdigital  +   371d ago
The important part is whether the Wii U version is going to get dog tech, arm hair, Fish AI, and falling logs.
#11 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nevers0ft  +   371d ago
It should get all of that stuff but try to remember that the Wii U can't push enough polygons to render "feelings" ;)
bobacdigital  +   371d ago
True.... According to EA iOS can do that and then some.
pokynrocky  +   371d ago
Yes that's the announcement I been waiting for now I gonna get black ops2 to train up on so I'm ready... Yeah
Dj7FairyTail  +   371d ago
meh who cares it just Call of Duty nothing really to get excited for as Wii U owner
#13 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
LOL_WUT  +   371d ago
See this what I hate about some fanboys regardless of how you feel towards the game it's a title that the Wii U most definitely needs ;)
Thepcz  +   371d ago
its simple
copy and paste the game onto wii u discs, charge 40pounds, collect millions in profit
#14 (Edited 371d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Brasi1989  +   371d ago
While I personally haven't bought or played a Call of Duty game since World at War, I will be picking this up. I've heard nothing but good things about the BO2 version and the off screen play for local.
ChickeyCantor  +   371d ago
Wii U is too weak to simulate realistic fish.
/s
TripC50  +   371d ago
I giggled.
Chard  +   371d ago
Wii remote support confirmed. Precision aiming together with free online multiplayer COULD make this the definitive console version. The Wii U should be able to handle the graphics.
R00bot  +   371d ago
The graphics aren't even a question. If it can run on the PS3 and 360 then it can run on the Wii U (probably with higher fps and resolution).

Red Hood Is a Great Addition for Batman: Arkham Knight

41m ago - "Last week, GameStop essentially let a really big cat out of the bag for Batman: Arkham Knight, a... | PC

Chick Chick Chicky Deluxe ranks in top 20 indie games on IndeDB

42m ago - Chick Chick Chicky Deluxe is a cute, addictive, colourful and fast-paced 2D collectathon game ins... | Arcade

Are Silent Protagonists A Thing Of The Past?

42m ago - As more and more of these puzzling chracters keep appearing on the market one has to ask themselv... | Culture

Pure Pool Review (PS4) - punkandlizard

43m ago - Blondlizard from P&L writes:"Balls with a pledge finish, intricate detailed weaving of the table... | PS4

Start Making Games for the PS4

The Swapper Review (PS4/PS Vita) - punkandlizard

44m ago - Punk from P&L writes:"The Swapper will make you feel lucky you have a PS4. It’s a visually stunni... | PS4