Submitted by HavenDan 427d ago | opinion piece

‘Marvel vs. Capcom 4′ – Our Top 20 Character Wishlist

It's about time Heavy.com looked towards the future of the Vs. series brand of Capcom fighting games. Eventually, a fourth entry in the long-running series will become a reality. Sooner rather than later, Marvel vs. Capcom 4 will be announced at some huge Capcom press event or E3 2015. So in order to prepare for that forthcoming announcement, Heavy.com has put together a list of 10 characters from each brand that needs to be a part of the game's roster. (Capcom, Culture, Marvel vs. Capcom 4)

Hitman0769  +   427d ago
captain america all day. just kidding. what!
wishingW3L  +   427d ago
If only Marvel let Capcom chose the characters for MvC3 instead of taking advantage of it to promote The Avengers and crap we would have gotten awesome characters like Gambit and Venom instead of boring Thor, Taskmaster, etc.
#2 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Maddens Raiders  +   427d ago
Well I think the characters you mentioned are awesome too. I love whipping up on people with Thor and the Taskmaster ("just like Cap!"), but yes I do wish there were a lot of other characters available.

That's why I wonder why they just don't make an entire book of characters or volumes of characters made available for DLC pack downloads and let the masses have at them?? If they don't sell (which they most certainly will) then kill the project and never do it again. If it does do well, keep making the character packs available and the cash register humming. Simple.
#2.1 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
3-4-5  +   427d ago
MvC 3's roster is pathetic at best.
Maddens Raiders  +   427d ago
There are sooooooo many characters to add from the Marvel Universe and a really good amount from Capcom as well. I just don't understand why these idiots don't have packs of 20, 30, 40, or 50 characters priced from $5.00USD to $20.00USD, ready to go every 3 or 4 months. They would make tons of cash because I (and others like me) would buy them all!!??

It would literally be DLC that I would always look forward to... like buying trading cards or new comic books. Why don't they add on to what they've got with all of the characters available to them? It just blows me away at the lack of foresight or forethought with these people.

Last but not least where the heck is the [Marvel Universe] fighter or even the Marvel vs. DC fighter? I know, I know about the licensing issues and Netherealm w/ Injustice at the moment, et al but I believe it could be done eventually by the right studio. Even if they couldn't get Marvel vs. DC the Marvel Universe fighter alone would satisfy me for years!

There would literally be hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of fighters to choose from. These people just don't know what to put together to make fighting game fans lose their freaking minds and blow huge wads of cash. This is the curse of corporatism.

/rant
#3 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Sitdown  +   427d ago
Balanced characters?
Maddens Raiders  +   427d ago
@sitdown -- "Balanced characters?"

What is your question? I don't understand.
Baka-akaB  +   427d ago
No thanks last thing , all of us want is the dlcisation of all those popular characters . It should remain the exception over the norm . Not to mention balancing and cloning issues . For all the complaints , Marvel vs capcom has always been competitive driven enough , and fair compared to some other franchise

What i'll agree with however is that they need to add more characters in the mix when they release version of the game .

As for MArvel VS DC ... It's more than licensing issues . Marvel and DC arent in good terms at all , nor willing to mix with each other .

It happened in the comics industry at least twice , but when both were on the brink of bankruptcy and without the current Mother companies behind each .

Both are making a killing on their own , so dont hold our breath .
#3.3 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Maddens Raiders  +   427d ago
Guys do you not realize then that if we don't get some form of dlc for all of the characters (available) then we're just going to continue to be "pimped" out as gamers by the Capcoms, Marvel and DC's (yes I've purchased some of their hideous and ridiculous add ons too) of the world from here to eternity? I know that's what they want but why not offer DLC's to those that are willing and able and speed up that money grubbing process?

I agree I don't want cloning and I think the game/fighting balance is superb in UMvC3 already, but why are you opposed to getting huge charcter packs instead of waiting foreverrrrrrr for Capcom or Marvel to ever release a half ass game with questionable character selections to boot?

@Sitdown -- "For those talking about DLC and character packs......are you not considering the level of work that goes into balancing characters with the game? What move sets you will give them? Character art?"

My answer to this is RESEARCH. Go into the characters and model them, create and accentuate their signature/title moves and super moves! Model them by the way they look in the book (currently and old school) It's called WORK. Oh yeah I forgot, no one is really going to do that. :(

I'm sorry I want what I'll never get. Most or all of the Marvel Universe brought to life in a superb HD fighting game. :/
#3.4 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Sitdown  +   427d ago
yewles1  +   427d ago
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT WITH THIS CURRENT STATE OF CAPCOM!!! PLEASE NO!!!
Maddens Raiders  +   427d ago
Well it's wishful thinking anyway and the best we're going to get. Unless you're willing to wait 4 to 5 more years for someone to do a proper Marvel fighting game, if CC is out of the equation (current state) then this entire thing is all but dead to me. I don't know what else to say or where to turn QQ...
#5.1 (Edited 427d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
aiBreeze  +   427d ago
I'm pretty sure Capcom's license with Marvel has ended so unless they decide to renew, there won't be any more Mahvel games.
punisher99  +   427d ago
Another boring marvel vs. capcom game? When are we gonna get a Marvel fighting game thats set in 3d so comic book superheros can actually fight like they are supposed to??
sephiroth420  +   427d ago
missing cable out there
TongkatAli  +   427d ago
Gene from God Hand would make me buy two copies.
MisfitsInc  +   427d ago
i would love to see Nightcrawler in a fighting game
BlaqMagiq24  +   427d ago
MvC4 probably won't happen for like another 10 years if it even happens at all.

Gauntlet Launch Trailer Looks to Preserve Tone of Original Series

16m ago - Gauntlet is out, and its new launch trailer suggests that the reboot is not about to forget where... | PC

Rocksmith 2014 Edition confirmed for next gen

16m ago - Neil writes - "Ubisoft have just confirmed that Rocksmith 2014 Edition will be coming to the next... | PS4

10 Outcomes for Cabbage in Harvest Moon 3D: the Lost Valley

1h ago - As hinted by the title, Natsume Inc. has released a developer blog about expanding the crop syste... | 3DS

Velocity 2X’s Dual Core DLC Pack Releases Today

1h ago - FuturLab, the developer behind Velocity 2X, has announced that the second DLC pack for its critic... | PS4

Top Xbox One Exclusives to Look Forward To

Now - What are you excited for? Here are the ones we're really getting revved up for. | Promoted post

Double Fine and the Early Access Fiasco

1h ago - Jake Richards writes: "I'm a supporter of Early Access when it's treated as such. Double Fine, to... | PC