Submitted by BootHammer 377d ago | opinion piece

Most Anticipated Next Gen Games

"There are so many enticing games coming out this year. With the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One around the corner combined with the Wii U finally picking up steam, we wanted to take a look at our most anticipated title for each one of these platforms coming out this year. It’s hard to choose just one game for each system but that’s part of the point in narrowing it down to what you are looking most forward to. Join BootHammer as we take a look at our top picks for 2013." (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Forza Motorsport 5, Killzone: Shadow Fall, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One)

ShugaCane  +   377d ago
If I had to pick only one exclusive for PS4, I would choose Second Son over Shadow Fall. Shadow Fall looks amazing, but Second Son looks insanely fun. And the hero is basically Troy Baker (voice and mo-cap) so yes, I'm definitely sold lol.
BootHammer  +   377d ago
You couldn't go wrong with either! Second Son does look incredible, can't wait for both =)
starfox79  +   377d ago
It looks a little better than ps3 ?? knack looks poor,Killzone doesn't even look as good as the tech demo for the ps3 way bk at E3 2006 ???
iamnsuperman  +   377d ago
@starfox79

Does any game look like that demo? No even if we are ignoring the change in art style.

edit: Actually I am wrong (just rewatched the 2006 tech demo). A lot of games look better than it. It actually looks very dated and bland despite being CGI pre-rendered hopeful stuff
#1.1.2 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
abzdine  +   377d ago
yeah man, Killzone and Second Son will be the two next gen titles to watch closely.
i'd add DriveClub for some high speed driving awesomeness, and Quantum Break cause that trailer makes me wanna know more.
I_am_Batman  +   377d ago
I've done a list with all the games coming to PS4 and ordered them by personal hype level:

3-4-5  +   377d ago
* BF4

* Super Smash Brothers

* Mario Kart 8

* Total War: Rome 2

* Fifa/PES 2014

* GTA 5
DaGR8JIBRALTAR  +   377d ago
^ This guy...Early morning trolling.SMH!
#2 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
showtimefolks  +   377d ago
I know we didn't see gameplay but the order 1886 has me very interested

But at launch

KZ
Drive club
watch dogs
Knack but I may get this after a price drop

I so want a badass ratchet and clank game for ps4

The most stunning game at E3 for me was MGS5
#3 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
STANK08  +   377d ago
I agree with Starfox. Killzone 2 tech demo blew me away and was my sole reason for owning a PS3. KZ Shadow Fall looks like a Crysis wannabe.

Knack LOL? Please don't get me started on Knack. Knack is the type of game only a fanboy would love. The Division was most impressive IMO.
#4 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
rigbybot127  +   377d ago
Why is Knack a fanboy game? It looks like a fantastic platformer, to me.
starfox79  +   377d ago
Well said mate,glad u agree,anyone that thinks ps4 games look noticeably better than ps3 are smoking something,with GTA,WATCHDOGS,TITAN FALL,GHOSTS,BLACKLIST,basicall y every game is hitting ps3 and 360 so getting them to jump ship to essentially play the same games just a little better looking with the same controls i can't see it happening,wiiu has exclusives that will sell consoles and has the best 2 3rd party multiplat games coming this year WATCHDOGS and SPLINTERCELL.
#4.2 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Mikefizzled  +   377d ago
Whilst I'm looking forward to a mauling from my friends on Forza 5's Drivatar I'm still more interested in Project Spark and Quantum Break.
Monceseduct   377d ago | Spam
2EHO  +   377d ago
MK8
Thomper  +   377d ago
Most anticipated (of games we have actually seen)

1 - Killer Instinct (XB1)
2 - Titanfall (XB1)
3 - Battlefield 4 (XB1 / PS4)
4 - Watchdogs (XB1 / PS4)
5 - Second Son (PS4)
6 - Deadrising 3 (XB1)
7 - Forza 5 (XB1)
8 - Quantom Break (XB1)
9 - Crimson Dragon (XB1)
10 - Killzone Shadowfall (PS4)

Wildcard - Lococycle (yes, I know, but it looks like it might be a bit of a laugh)
slimeybrainboy  +   377d ago
I don't even think we've seen Quantum Break yet, I still have no idea what it will be like. Crimson Dragon? Ha, Killer Instinct is a reboot of a game many people have never heard of, and fighting games aren't even very popular. KI and CD are nowhere near as interesting as The Division. CD looks like a level out of Dark Void.
Thomper  +   377d ago
Hey Slimey,

It may have escaped your attention, but it was a list of MY anticipated games.

Whilst it is delightful that you feel the need to criticise my choice, I really think you needn't have bothered, because I really couldn't care less what you think.

My selection is open to change, and I already realised I missed destiny off!

Anyway, you go and play nicely, and try and remember your manners next time. We are all (mainly) free thinking individuals with our own taste. Try to respect that at least.
PiperMCFierceson  +   377d ago
I'm going to pick kzsf just because its earlier release date is easier to wait for. And titan fall.
#9 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RevXM  +   377d ago
My favourites:
Second Son.
Shadowfall.
Driveclub.
Destiny.
Watchdogs.
Titanfall.
Forza 5.
Knack.

Not getting the X1 though so Forza will be out of reach for me.

Killzone is the game to get at Ps4 launch along with Ps+ we will get a version of Drive Club for "free", perhaps a small fee for a full game uppgrade (yay) and I get the feeling Knack will be on Plus soon to attempt to boost system sales. ATM Second son is the best game revealed yet in my eyes, Killzone and Drive Club should keep me busy til then though.
Gravity_DoGG  +   377d ago
WHO are you to tell me
thetruthx1  +   377d ago
My list of anticipated next gen releases *revised*

1. Ryse

5. Watch dogs
6. Metal Gear Solid phantom pain
7. God of War
8. Killzone sf
#12 (Edited 377d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
medman  +   377d ago
The Division, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, The Order 1886. Those are the games that have my attention for next gen and at this point will be probable purchases for my PS4. I'm sooooo looking forward to GamesCon to see how many new titles will be revealed at that event. After that, my anticipation will turn to TGS for even more Sony goodness. I am also looking forward to the free psplus indie titles and DriveClub psplus version, which I'm sure I'll upgrade to the full version if the price is right.
BadCircuit  +   376d ago
I'm still keen on Ryse...
killerips   376d ago | Spam

Good Game's Hex Discusses Her Favorite Games And Why Gaming Is Such An Amazing Medium

14m ago - Good Game's Hex gets her very own episode to talk about her favorite video games, why gaming is s... | PC

The Smash Bros. 4 Roster Could Use More Villains

23m ago - GeekParty writes: "At the time of writing, there is exactly one villain in the Smash Bros. 4 rost... | Wii U

Dual Wielding 148: The Uncharted Destiny of Video Game Movies

31m ago - The Destiny beta comes to an end, and Dual Wielding shares their thoughts on the experience. In a... | Xbox 360

Virtual Reality and Nintendo: The Future?

31m ago - Zach Gibson talks about the recent batch of VR headsets to hit the market and whether Nintendo wi... | Tech

Study Game Design at DeVry

Upcoming Risk of Rain Update Will Add New Classes and Items

32m ago - Tony at Twinfinite writes: Platforming Roguelike Risk of Rain will be getting an update which wil... | PC