Submitted by xTHEFIZZx 560d ago | news

Sony Online Entertainment Confirms Major Change to Planetside 2

Planetside 2 is getting a major update says Creative Director Matt Higby. (Dev, Matthew Higby, PC, Planetside 2, PS4)

Credit url: gameskinny.com
Alternative Sources
SIRHC13  +   560d ago
Good. Planetside 2 is a flawed gem. I'm happy to see major updates being rolled out. The game has so much potential.
ChozenWoan  +   559d ago
SIRHC13,
True.

Well it's been a while since I suited up, and rolled out my Magrider... Long Live the Vanu!!!!
bette11noble   559d ago | Spam
dontbhatin  +   559d ago
Maybe they will actually optimize it for the CPU. Have an 8 core FX-8350 and still get the same issues in big battles like my quad core did. but my friend with the same specs as me except he has a 6 core cpu can run it flawlessly???
thehitman  +   559d ago
The problem w/ PC gaming unfortunately. My friend has a gfx card stronger than mine but his occasionally has problems with textures loading improperly and I always make fun of him because he got a newer card yet mine is more consistent.
#1.3.1 (Edited 559d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report
papashango  +   559d ago
not pc gaming but PS2.

There are issues like this across the board with the game under-utilizing pc hardware or just straight up glitching out.
TekoIie  +   559d ago
I truly wish I had an FX-8350. Got a 8150 and it is... terrible. It really struggles dodgy console ports.
ThanatosDMC  +   559d ago
Sweet! Platoon enhancement is finally being implemented. MAG players requested this the most because before this all 48 players in a platoon would talk in Platoon chat.

Awareness Implant needs to be taken out though. It's bad for people who like to kill without being detected. Nothing like killing a squad by yourself as a Vanu Recon Sniper. Mines at the best choke points.

I cant wait for them to add the underground tunnel systems for the bases/outposts.
#1.4 (Edited 559d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingKelloggTheWH  +   560d ago
I can't wait to try this beast out on my Ps4.
Zero23  +   560d ago
Who the hell do you think you are having such a badass avatar?
minimur12  +   560d ago
Modestmex  +   560d ago
Kamina!!!!
FlameHawk  +   560d ago
I know right! I wanted to play it on my PC but even on the lowest setting it was lagging.
PickAShoe  +   559d ago
The advantage of low setting lets me see the damn Vanu.
MysticStrummer  +   560d ago
Planetside 2 is one of the few titles that have ever made me want to game on PC, so I can't wait for it on PS4.

My big screen, surround sound, Planetside 2, pizza, and beer...

Greatness awaits.
KingKelloggTheWH  +   559d ago
Take out the beer and surround sound and I got the same thing XD
Murad  +   559d ago
Just hook it up with an HDMI, and get yourself a controller with the same things and it's a done deal. But you're right, you it still wouldn't feel the same.
TheOneEyedHound  +   559d ago
Same thing, might also add some Ziti.
InMyOpinion  +   559d ago
Take out the big screen, surround sound, Planetside 2, pizza, and beer, and add a van down by the river and I got the same thing.
papashango  +   559d ago
Well if they throw you guys into the fray with pc gamers. Be prepared to rage quit
MysticStrummer  +   559d ago
@papashango - They said PC gamers might be able to use their accounts on their PS4 but there won't be cross platform play because the update approval process is slower for the console patches.

Makes me wonder why that is, since I'd think it would be the other way around because the console hardware is standardized and the PC's is far more varied.
ATi_Elite  +   559d ago
Triple Screen Eyefinity with Peripheral View, 9.1 Surround Sound, Cognac, and Lasagna!

Stopped playing Planetside 2 a while ago but I will pick it back up to test out the PAY 2 WIN Implants!
MysticStrummer  +   559d ago
@ATi - What I read about the implants said they could be bought with certs or station cash. I don't think that qualifies as pay to win.
Smoey  +   560d ago
but... but... I like it the way it is! Don;t do a PS1 and change it to kill the game off >.> BFRs?!?!?

edit: however, I;m glad to see implants back.
#3 (Edited 560d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Reefskye  +   560d ago
Planetside 2 still not as fun as Planetside was except for BFR's ofc (still have the game CD on my shelf), but its getting there glad they brought back the lattice system from original as there was just no co-ordination. All we need now is every continent we had in Planetside with proper warp gates.. And maybe a few LLU events for the sheer size of battles they created!

Anyone who disagrees with Smoey obviously has no clue about the original and why BFR's ruined the game

NC4Life!
#3.1 (Edited 560d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TomShoe  +   560d ago
This game is going to be a hit, I'm sure.
Pandamobile  +   559d ago
It already is.
FrightfulActions  +   560d ago
Looking forward to playing this on PS4. Wouldn't mind trying it on PC first though. Just unfortunate my processor cannot support the game.
M-M  +   559d ago
I don't think mine can either, but I'm about to try it anyway >:).
UNCyrus  +   560d ago
These changes will many more layers and opportunities to the game's experience.
Gran Touring  +   559d ago
I wonder when we'll get the new continent hossin?
#7 (Edited 559d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheObserver  +   559d ago
I have been having a blast on PS2 since Beta. Nothing beats Planetside in term of gigantic epic battles. Every fight nowadays is like a cutscene in other games. I can't go back to those small FPS anymore.

Sure, it got bugs and balancing nuances here and there. However, the bugs are always being ironed out and the balancing changes is always part of the fun. Enjoy OP stuff while you can cause they patch and balance them really quick. Haha.
cunnilumpkin  +   559d ago
this game is wicked epic sauce with extra dirty girls on the side

it is awe inducing when you're playing with your mates and completely face stomp some turds!

my gtx680 EASILY maxes this game out running at a blazing 60 frames all ultra settings with v-sync (without v-sync get around 90 frames) on a 55" Sammy with twin klipsh tower speakers and the rest of the 7.2 sound roaring

man I love this game, it is a sport, no, a conflict of WORLDS!!!

be interesting to see how it fares on the ps4, should be ok, a buddy of mine has a 3 year old gtx 550 $130 card and can max it in 1080p, he has to turn a setting or two down from ultra to high but still gets 30-45 frames

so if a $130 gpu can hang with it, the ps4 should be able to do about the same, hopefully a little better
#9 (Edited 559d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
xReDeMpTiOnx  +   559d ago
My guess is it will be optimized for ps4 so I would bet that frame rate and all the crazy graphics shall be present. Prolly not on the level of high end pc but it will be good
CalamityCB  +   559d ago
This game has one of the most mature communities I have ever played with in a video game, I was invited to a platoon which was made up of about 50+ of us. We had badass leaders with Mics, who PTFO. We dominated the filthy TR and the pathetic Vanu.
modesign  +   559d ago
planetside 2 is the greatest example of the need for consoles, play planetside 2 on a ps4 for 400 bucks(maxed out), or spend thousands of dollars on a pc to recieve the same benefits.
bumnut  +   559d ago
You mean maxing out the PS4 right? No way it will run the same as on a high end gaming pc.
Mikeyy  +   559d ago
The plus side of the PS4 version is they will be forced to recognize multi cores, and hopefully the code will get ported over the the PC version, it's been a serious issue since release.
hesido  +   559d ago
They seriously need to dial back those insane prices.
Mikeyy  +   559d ago
As it's been said, the number one update people want is Multi-Core support, this game is waay to CPU intensive to only use 1 core, its just stupid.
ATi_Elite  +   559d ago
PS2 uses multiple cores except the Game is single Threaded which is the REAL PROBLEM.

my 4 core i7 2600k uses like 30% each core but on ONE GOT dam thread.

I'm using a Corsair SSD and PS2 likes the super fast Cache in SSD's.

I really have no problems with PS2 (or any game for that matter) but as ALWAYS people need to CLEAN their REGISTRIES before complaining.

Also if your TECH Savvy then "Unpark your Cores" to get better PS2 CPU performance IF it really bothers you!

Most people are not of this level as it requires a REGISTRY CHANGE (Registry Change = Stranger Danger Will Robinson)so DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
#13.1 (Edited 559d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Impressions: EVOLVE Brings an Original Flavor of Gameplay Innovation That’s Worthwhile

36m ago - Jon Iro and Jermain Jackson share their impressions on the Evolve Beta and Technical Test: "Ev... | PC

Why Is Lara Croft Suffering From Multiple Personality Disorder?

42m ago - While the world knows Lara best from the genre-defining Tomb Raider games, she's carved an unlike... | Xbox 360

Bethesda Sale on PSN; Up to 50% Off Select Titles

44m ago - There’s a Bethesda sale currently taking place on the PlayStation Network. There are a variety of... | PS3

Future Nintendo Rewards and Life Beyond Club Nintendo

46m ago - Following the recent announcement around the closure of long running rewards program Club Nintend... | Wii U

N4G GOTY Call for Nominations

Now - Nominate your favorite games of 2014 in our GOTY categories! | Promoted post

Assassin's Creed Unity: Dead Kings Review | TSA

46m ago - TSA: "When it launched back in November, Assassin’s Creed: Unity was hardly met with the warmest... | PC