Submitted by xTHEFIZZx 776d ago | news

Sony Online Entertainment Confirms Major Change to Planetside 2

Planetside 2 is getting a major update says Creative Director Matt Higby. (Dev, Matthew Higby, PC, Planetside 2, PS4)

Credit url: gameskinny.com
Alternative Sources
SIRHC13  +   776d ago
Good. Planetside 2 is a flawed gem. I'm happy to see major updates being rolled out. The game has so much potential.
ChozenWoan  +   776d ago
SIRHC13,
True.

Well it's been a while since I suited up, and rolled out my Magrider... Long Live the Vanu!!!!
bette11noble   776d ago | Spam
dontbhatin  +   776d ago
Maybe they will actually optimize it for the CPU. Have an 8 core FX-8350 and still get the same issues in big battles like my quad core did. but my friend with the same specs as me except he has a 6 core cpu can run it flawlessly???
thehitman  +   776d ago
The problem w/ PC gaming unfortunately. My friend has a gfx card stronger than mine but his occasionally has problems with textures loading improperly and I always make fun of him because he got a newer card yet mine is more consistent.
#1.3.1 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report
papashango  +   776d ago
not pc gaming but PS2.

There are issues like this across the board with the game under-utilizing pc hardware or just straight up glitching out.
TekoIie  +   776d ago
I truly wish I had an FX-8350. Got a 8150 and it is... terrible. It really struggles dodgy console ports.
ThanatosDMC  +   776d ago
Sweet! Platoon enhancement is finally being implemented. MAG players requested this the most because before this all 48 players in a platoon would talk in Platoon chat.

Awareness Implant needs to be taken out though. It's bad for people who like to kill without being detected. Nothing like killing a squad by yourself as a Vanu Recon Sniper. Mines at the best choke points.

I cant wait for them to add the underground tunnel systems for the bases/outposts.
#1.4 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingKelloggTheWH  +   776d ago
I can't wait to try this beast out on my Ps4.
Zero23  +   776d ago
Who the hell do you think you are having such a badass avatar?
minimur12  +   776d ago
Modestmex  +   776d ago
Kamina!!!!
FlameHawk  +   776d ago
I know right! I wanted to play it on my PC but even on the lowest setting it was lagging.
PickAShoe  +   776d ago
The advantage of low setting lets me see the damn Vanu.
MysticStrummer  +   776d ago
Planetside 2 is one of the few titles that have ever made me want to game on PC, so I can't wait for it on PS4.

My big screen, surround sound, Planetside 2, pizza, and beer...

Greatness awaits.
KingKelloggTheWH  +   776d ago
Take out the beer and surround sound and I got the same thing XD
Murad  +   776d ago
Just hook it up with an HDMI, and get yourself a controller with the same things and it's a done deal. But you're right, you it still wouldn't feel the same.
TheOneEyedHound  +   776d ago
Same thing, might also add some Ziti.
InMyOpinion  +   776d ago
Take out the big screen, surround sound, Planetside 2, pizza, and beer, and add a van down by the river and I got the same thing.
papashango  +   776d ago
Well if they throw you guys into the fray with pc gamers. Be prepared to rage quit
MysticStrummer  +   776d ago
@papashango - They said PC gamers might be able to use their accounts on their PS4 but there won't be cross platform play because the update approval process is slower for the console patches.

Makes me wonder why that is, since I'd think it would be the other way around because the console hardware is standardized and the PC's is far more varied.
ATi_Elite  +   775d ago
Triple Screen Eyefinity with Peripheral View, 9.1 Surround Sound, Cognac, and Lasagna!

Stopped playing Planetside 2 a while ago but I will pick it back up to test out the PAY 2 WIN Implants!
MysticStrummer  +   775d ago
@ATi - What I read about the implants said they could be bought with certs or station cash. I don't think that qualifies as pay to win.
Smoey  +   776d ago
but... but... I like it the way it is! Don;t do a PS1 and change it to kill the game off >.> BFRs?!?!?

edit: however, I;m glad to see implants back.
#3 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
Reefskye  +   776d ago
Planetside 2 still not as fun as Planetside was except for BFR's ofc (still have the game CD on my shelf), but its getting there glad they brought back the lattice system from original as there was just no co-ordination. All we need now is every continent we had in Planetside with proper warp gates.. And maybe a few LLU events for the sheer size of battles they created!

Anyone who disagrees with Smoey obviously has no clue about the original and why BFR's ruined the game

NC4Life!
#3.1 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TomShoe  +   776d ago
This game is going to be a hit, I'm sure.
Pandamobile  +   776d ago
It already is.
FrightfulActions  +   776d ago
Looking forward to playing this on PS4. Wouldn't mind trying it on PC first though. Just unfortunate my processor cannot support the game.
M-M  +   776d ago
I don't think mine can either, but I'm about to try it anyway >:).
UNCyrus  +   776d ago
These changes will many more layers and opportunities to the game's experience.
Gran Touring  +   776d ago
I wonder when we'll get the new continent hossin?
#7 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheObserver  +   776d ago
I have been having a blast on PS2 since Beta. Nothing beats Planetside in term of gigantic epic battles. Every fight nowadays is like a cutscene in other games. I can't go back to those small FPS anymore.

Sure, it got bugs and balancing nuances here and there. However, the bugs are always being ironed out and the balancing changes is always part of the fun. Enjoy OP stuff while you can cause they patch and balance them really quick. Haha.
cunnilumpkin  +   776d ago
this game is wicked epic sauce with extra dirty girls on the side

it is awe inducing when you're playing with your mates and completely face stomp some turds!

my gtx680 EASILY maxes this game out running at a blazing 60 frames all ultra settings with v-sync (without v-sync get around 90 frames) on a 55" Sammy with twin klipsh tower speakers and the rest of the 7.2 sound roaring

man I love this game, it is a sport, no, a conflict of WORLDS!!!

be interesting to see how it fares on the ps4, should be ok, a buddy of mine has a 3 year old gtx 550 $130 card and can max it in 1080p, he has to turn a setting or two down from ultra to high but still gets 30-45 frames

so if a $130 gpu can hang with it, the ps4 should be able to do about the same, hopefully a little better
#9 (Edited 776d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
xReDeMpTiOnx  +   776d ago
My guess is it will be optimized for ps4 so I would bet that frame rate and all the crazy graphics shall be present. Prolly not on the level of high end pc but it will be good
CalamityCB  +   776d ago
This game has one of the most mature communities I have ever played with in a video game, I was invited to a platoon which was made up of about 50+ of us. We had badass leaders with Mics, who PTFO. We dominated the filthy TR and the pathetic Vanu.
modesign  +   776d ago
planetside 2 is the greatest example of the need for consoles, play planetside 2 on a ps4 for 400 bucks(maxed out), or spend thousands of dollars on a pc to recieve the same benefits.
bumnut  +   776d ago
You mean maxing out the PS4 right? No way it will run the same as on a high end gaming pc.
Mikeyy  +   775d ago
The plus side of the PS4 version is they will be forced to recognize multi cores, and hopefully the code will get ported over the the PC version, it's been a serious issue since release.
hesido  +   776d ago
They seriously need to dial back those insane prices.
Mikeyy  +   775d ago
As it's been said, the number one update people want is Multi-Core support, this game is waay to CPU intensive to only use 1 core, its just stupid.
ATi_Elite  +   775d ago
PS2 uses multiple cores except the Game is single Threaded which is the REAL PROBLEM.

my 4 core i7 2600k uses like 30% each core but on ONE GOT dam thread.

I'm using a Corsair SSD and PS2 likes the super fast Cache in SSD's.

I really have no problems with PS2 (or any game for that matter) but as ALWAYS people need to CLEAN their REGISTRIES before complaining.

Also if your TECH Savvy then "Unpark your Cores" to get better PS2 CPU performance IF it really bothers you!

Most people are not of this level as it requires a REGISTRY CHANGE (Registry Change = Stranger Danger Will Robinson)so DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
#13.1 (Edited 775d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

I Beat Final Fantasy VI's Opera House And All I Got Was This Lousy Airship

6m ago - Kotaku: "Every time I would tell people I hadn’t played Final Fantasy VI—a claim which is no long... | Retro

Why You Shouldn’t Augment Your Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Order

8m ago - EGMR writes: "It’s just another day in the gaming industry and another publisher is finding out w... | PC

The Xbox One Games You Need to Play in August

Now - A new month has rolled up which means new releases are on the horizon. Microsoft has a fairly good line-up on the way for August, so let’s take a l... | Promoted post

9 Essential Tips For Saving Money On Your Gaming

10m ago - "There’s no denying it – gaming can be an amazingly expensive hobby. "But there are myriad way... | Culture

12 Most Anticipated Games of September 2015

13m ago - MenStuff: "The long mid-year gaming drought is coming to an end, and with September rolling in, g... | PC

Batman Arkham Knight Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1 Now Available In All Regions

38m ago - GS:" Batman Arkham Knight has received plenty of DLC packs in the past months and more will be co... | PS4