Try our new beta!Click here
Submitted by HavenDan 936d ago | opinion piece

Top 10 Sony Exclusives That Need to Be on PS4

Given the Playstation's extensive history, there are plenty of franchises from the first, second, and even third generation of Playstation that just won't make the cut. While we know franchises like Uncharted and Infamous will be back in action, many other Sony IP's probably won't make it over to the PS4. Here's a list of the top ten IP's and franchises that follow Sony's slogan of 'Make Believe,' that barring an disparaging act of capitalism we'd like to see, but in all likelihood, probably won't. (PS4, Sony)

Abash  +   936d ago
Uncharted 4, LittleBigPlanet 3, Gran Turismo 7, God of War IV, Sly 5, MotorStorm PS4, SOCOM Reboot, etc. will all move huge amounts of PS4s
Need4Game  +   936d ago
Hurry Everyone, make all PS4 console pre-orders sold out, then there may will be possibilities.

make.believe
ShugaCane  +   936d ago
Pre-orders won't make those games. Sales will. Don't worry, they will happen.
psyxon  +   936d ago
may will be?

child, you're confused.
Angeljuice  +   936d ago
A new Getaway game would be great. PaRappa the Rapper.

Jumping Flash would be awesome on the PS4, jumping on platforms, miles in the sky and in first person perspective, that game was brilliant, PS4 version would blow minds..... *imagining sitting on roller coaster on the edge of space dressed as a robot rabbit*......

Sony........Please...
#1.2 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
sAVAge_bEaST  +   936d ago
Nice, first game I ever played on playstation. +1
iceman06  +   936d ago
Played the demo disc with Jumping Flash in it so much that it started to crack. Finally, saved up enough cash to get it. It was brilliant. PaRappa is one of my favorites of all time.
elhebbo16  +   936d ago
how something NEW! I want an UC4 as much as the other guy but I want developers to build guys FOR the PS4 not just continue previous sequels. those could come when all the new IP's are shown.
DiRtY  +   936d ago
This list fails to impress me.
CGI-Quality  +   936d ago
Noted.

OT: I could go for a new Darkstalkers. LOVE that series.
#2.1 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
black0o  +   936d ago
you are hard to please ..
ZodTheRipper  +   936d ago
I partly agree with him, this list could have been so much better.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   936d ago
I'm not surprised that it is the case for you.
#2.3 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Kirnisorey  +   936d ago
Demon's souls 2
ZodTheRipper  +   936d ago
This would be the biggest announcement for me.
DEREKTROTTER  +   936d ago
CRASH BANDICOOT
needs to happen
Jaqen_Hghar  +   936d ago
Only if made by Naughty Dog or another proven Sony first party. A man doesn't want another PS2 style Crash. A man could go for Naughty Dog, Sanzaru, Suckerpunch, Insomniac, or Media Molecule making this game even if it's just a downloadable or $40 title.
MisfitsInc  +   936d ago
i'd like to see SOCOM over every game on the list
sAVAge_bEaST  +   936d ago
Agreed. -That would be a HUGE win for the Ps4.
NeoTribe  +   936d ago
How would that be a BIG win? Were the last two socoms a BIG win? No, they sucked and sold bad. Sonys got alot damn good ips, that one just hasnt proven itself since socom 2.
sAVAge_bEaST  +   936d ago
Made by the Orginal Socom 1&2 team. The true spirit of Socom, next gen. -if done the way I think it will be... It could be a game changer,. (level design , and game mechanics.)
WooHooAlex  +   936d ago
Legend of Dragoon 2 ... please, Sony? Please?
Pancit_Canton  +   936d ago
Capcom owns the IP.
Dj7FairyTail  +   936d ago
Kamiya directed Okami
and i know that. I have Okami on Wii
#7.1.2 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report
Williamson  +   936d ago
Yes to folklore 2 and Lair 2. Lair needs a second chance and folklore would be perfect on vita IMO.
Bluepowerzz  +   936d ago
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES 3
Roper316  +   936d ago
I'm personally more interested in the new IP's this upcoming gen will bring.

While I will still enjoy the carry over franchises such as UC, KZ, GOW etc etc I always look forward to the new IP's more and Sony has always delivered those since they entered the gaming business.
WooHooAlex  +   936d ago
Agree 100%, as much as I love those games, new IPs and reviving classic franchises would be much more exciting going into next-gen.

I need more Last of Us from Naughty Dog tho. That's my only request.
#8.1 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WooHooAlex  +   936d ago
double post, sorry.
#8.2 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Jaqen_Hghar  +   936d ago
Watch Dogs, Knack, and 1886 have a man stoked!
ala_767  +   936d ago
LAST OF US, UNCHARTED, ASSASSINS CREEDS BONUS GAMEPLAY AND DLCs
PositiveEmotions  +   936d ago
4,5,7 and 8 are the ones that really need to be on ps4.
xReDeMpTiOnx  +   936d ago
Legend of dragoon
onimusha
Breathe of fire
Dark cloud
Crash bandicoot
Spyro
Parasite eve
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Dj7FairyTail  +   936d ago
Monolith Soft is owned by Nintendo. Xeno will be on Nintendo.

Xenosaga 1-2 got ported to DS in Japan.
Pancit_Canton  +   936d ago
Namco Bandai owns the IP.
Dj7FairyTail  +   936d ago
they own Saga. Nintendo owns the developer. Meaning Xeno is staying on Nintendo.

uh i know that Namco owns Saga, Square Enix owns Gears. Monolith Soft did both of those games and is owned by Nintendo. Use you brain.
#11.1.2 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report
Rhezin  +   936d ago
Syphon Filter is a MUST! I remember playing those games on my ps1 back in the day. That and a new Crash Bandicoot that harkens back to Crash 1 and 2.

AND I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE WITH ONIMUSHA! I need more onimusha badly, that series is probably my favorite hack n slash next to God of War.
Heisenburger  +   936d ago

God of War
The Last of Us
Mod Nation Racers
Resistance
Shadow of the colossus
Ni No kuni

I'm actually more excited to see what new IPs are coming, but Sony can bring on as many games as they can make, I just want to fast forward to the launch day so I can start enjoying my new PS4 with KZSF and watchdogs.
superterabyte  +   936d ago
The Getaway.
jc48573  +   936d ago
don't mean to be a dick, but Onimusha 1 did appear on the xbox.
avengers1978  +   936d ago
Your not, just pointing out a fact.
A dick would have said something about Sony fanboys being stupid cause one of the onimusha games was on the OG XBOX.
pyramidshead  +   936d ago
Still praying for Zone of The Enders 3 to even get made let alone be an exclusive! :(
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   936d ago
I would love to see a Jak 4.
ErazorDJ  +   936d ago
The Last of Us 2
Uncharted 4
Jak 4
Gran Turismo 7
The Last Guardian
God of War 4
Heavenly Sword 2
Resistance Reboot
PlayStation All-Stars 2
Agent
Drakesfortune  +   936d ago
The Getaway 3
Jaqen_Hghar  +   936d ago
Why does everyone seem to want LoU2? Did the story leave you unsatisfied? Unless it's completely unrelated characters in the same world a man doesn't want it. The story had a perfect ending and feels complete. A man is content to have that masterpiece be unscathed by sequels. Just let it be. Let greatness RIP and live on. Also let ND be free to unleash the PS4 hardware with a new IP and not be stuck in 7th gen thinking by having to make a sequel.
greenlantern2814  +   936d ago
they could do different characters or what i would personally like to see is TLOU the day after. taking place the day after Joel's daughter dies. focusing on Joel and Tommy
shibster88  +   936d ago
Well bf4 is coming to ps4 so im happy as a pig in shit :D
JunioRS101  +   936d ago
I'm really disappointed in some of the article's choices lol booooo you suck
Angeljuice  +   936d ago
!!!!!! JUMPING FLASH !!!!!!

(worth saying twice)
Tales RPG addict  +   936d ago
Tales of Xillia
Sarobi  +   936d ago
WarHawk 2 would be great (NOT STARHAWK STUFF)
Kamuymintar  +   936d ago
Amagami 2
DREAM C CLUB 2
Pro Yakyu Spirits 2014
Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 2014
#27 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Angeljuice  +   936d ago
Is Derby Stallion like G4 Jockey, (because I love those games)?
Kamuymintar  +   936d ago
You mean G1 Jockey?
No, Derby Stallion series is thoroughbred breeding sim which was at the height of its popularity in the late 1990s in Japan. (As for 1997 version, 1.73 million units were sold.)
#27.1.1 (Edited 936d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Angeljuice  +   936d ago
Sorry, got a project on the go nicknamed G4, so it's kind of in my brain.
G1 Jockey is a thoroughbred breeding sim (of sorts), and a great alternative racing game too.
The text they torture you with in the bubble clouds is as annoying as hell but thats the toll, you have to pay to play!

BTW, I wouldn't have touched this game in a million years, but I played a friend's pirated copy on PS2, just to take the piss, then found it was a great title. I then bought a copy for my PS3 when it was released, 'piracy as advertising' I suppose.
greedybear88  +   935d ago
Would love PS4 version of Crash Bandicoot or Spyro The Dragon

Light Fall Expands the Platforming Genre | Hardcore Gamer

5m ago - Ever since Super Meat Boy, the rage inducing platform genre has seen quite a resurgence. | PC

Assassin's Creed - Chronicles Russia: review by PushSquare

5m ago - "Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia Marx the end of the ill-fated Chronicles series, but instead... | PC

Track the Release Date for PlayStation VR

Now - Sony is yet to reveal the exact release date for PlayStation VR. Start tracking it now using Releases.com | Promoted post

HITMAN - Beta Launch Trailer (PS4: Feb 12, PC: Feb 19)

5m ago - Play the beginning. The HITMAN Beta is set at a top secret recruitment and training facility and... | PC

Sunken preview thoughts, a hardcore action RPG experience awaits you - TGG

7m ago - One life and score points in a dungeon RPG crawler game you say? Is this a game from the 90s? Nop... | PC

The Division Talents: Full List and Breakdown of Talents

23m ago - Here's an in-depth look at every one of the talents available to players in Tom Clancy's The Divi... | PC