Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Lavalamp 869d ago | video

Killer Instinct - Glacius vs Jago at 60fps - Evo 2013

IGN: "Watch Glacius and Jago go head to head as David and Rich from Double Helix have a good old fashioned grudge match of Killer Instinct." (Killer Instinct, Xbox One)

Attached Video
« 1 2 »
Neoninja  +   869d ago
This game is gorgeous and plays fast! Good work Double Helix! I haven't been this excited about a fighting game for a long time!

Freaking awesome the music goes with the ultra combo and the stage getting destroyed as well! The particles effects are excellent to!

Was he saying "Counter Breaker"? If so then that's a whole new gameplay element!
#1 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
SlavisH2  +   869d ago
this looks sooo sick. I havent been into fighting games in along time but this is bring me back!!!!
fenixm  +   869d ago
joe90  +   869d ago
WOW, this looks sick, might be an Xbox1 next gen if i buy a console just for this game alone.
MELMAN26  +   869d ago
Best of all, it comes free (Jago only) on every xbox one.

You have the OPTION of buying character packs or buying the full game straight up at the store.
MELMAN26  +   869d ago
How do you disagree with

For those who disagree:

and this:

Options are a good thing people, lets kill this fanboy $hit
fenixm  +   869d ago
Yeath. I can't wait to play this game. Hoping for Chief Thunder character reveal tomorrow.
#2 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
buynit  +   869d ago
Yes! And the jungle looking girl i forgot her name, i hope the all come Back!
ghostrider32  +   869d ago
BabyTownFrolics  +   869d ago
JokesOnYou  +   869d ago
Yeah Beautiful, its fast and the movement is fluid, finally Double Helix looks to be doing a great job....Glacius looks awesome, now I want to see more characters.
#3.1 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
karl  +   869d ago

but it looks like the type of game where every fourteen year old will kick my ass...
buynit  +   869d ago
That's not how i remember glacius, but i defy. Remember those Moves!
TheRealHeisenberg  +   869d ago
That was f'ing sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! If only the Xbox One was $300.00 USD or less.
Urusernamesucks  +   869d ago
Im fine with three fithy
4logpc  +   869d ago
This is very quickly becoming my most wanted game when I pick up my Xbox One.
MrTrololo  +   869d ago
Hope they do a port on a PC version too. Not going to buy Xbox One for this game.
memots  +   869d ago
Just for you mrTrololo

You probably got your name from this lol
Sm00thNinja  +   869d ago
Omg I got chills!!!
Supermax  +   869d ago
You tube it guys game looks tight and its a free to play.60 fps1080p dedicated servers for your friend bashing lovers out there
#9 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
memots  +   869d ago
Look damn good, but I am getting the "meh" feeling somehow.
I played the sh33t of the arcade version and later the rom on my pc, loved the original not sure why I am not getting excited
ylwzx3  +   869d ago
I agree completely. It doesn't have that original KI punch and feel that I was hoping and makes me say "meh" as well. I don't need to play it I can tell by the vids.
RavageX  +   869d ago
I also agree. Something just doesn't seem right. I honestly think I'd rather play the original.
JokesOnYou  +   869d ago
Yeah but since you already have said you don't want an X1 why would you care?
#10.1.2 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(8) | Report
karl  +   869d ago
from someone who hasnt played the original..

i think it looks pretty sweet..

definitely comparable if not better than MK9
buynit  +   869d ago
......... Wtf
sinjonezp  +   869d ago
Man. I do not understand why people disagree. The game plays and sound similar to marvel vs capcom. While I am happy to see this reboot. The game just does not have that unique vibe the original version had. The original was dark. Slower paced and the combos you can just feel every hit. When Jago did that ultra. My eyebrows did not raise. The combos are too over the top. I remember doing a ten hit slow motion combo with tj combo or fulgor in the original and get goose bumps. This version just don't have that passion. I like the game and will be playing it but it just don't make me get the same feelings as the older game. And this announcer is way to cheesy. After the third combo breaker I was sick of him. I know the dislikes are coming and that's cool. but this just my opinion of a true gamer.
yankolo  +   869d ago
I want tusk and kim woooo ..fulgore ..spinal...cinder everyone ...good job double helix.
ylwzx3  +   869d ago
Sorry but as a former die hard KI fan I think people who truly enjoyed the first 2 are going to be disappointed. It looks pretty but I can tell already it doesn't have the KI feel just by watching it. The announcer sounds kind of cheesy compared to the original 2.

Keep in mind that the developers of this are the ones that brought you some horrible titles.

Silent Hill Homecoming, GI. Joe, Front Mission Evolved, MX vs ATV, Green Latern, Battleship, Harker... Yeah this is a dev I want to make KI.
#12 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(20) | Report | Reply
MELMAN26  +   869d ago
Soooo you have played it??? Everyone who has played it said that is plays like KI, I will trust their judgement b4 I trust yours as you are a person who has not played it.
#12.1 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
ylwzx3  +   869d ago
I don't need to play it I can see that it doesn't.
AcesHigh291  +   869d ago
Totally have played it, the game is fast in the same spirit, but different as you'd expect. Also, I've only played the SNES version of the original, so that also could change my opinion a bit.
Fireseed  +   869d ago
And yet every single person who's played it has said "It feels just like KI."

I was a huge fan of the first 2 and got to play this at E3, it was only in the alpha stages and it already feels like KI, heck I may even go so far to say it's the best KI yet. So I can tell you "I can tell already it doesn't have the KI feel just by watching it" is a bullshit statement.
ylwzx3  +   869d ago
I disagree with you and I could be wrong but I refuse to give money to MS over this disaster of a console just to play KI anyways.
#12.2.1 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(20) | Report
Belking  +   869d ago
Your post translated = to

Ken Lobb is the man in charge of this game. If you don't know who that is then you never liked Killer Instinct in the first place.
4logpc  +   869d ago
^ what he said
MELMAN26  +   869d ago
I am going to shit my pants if this game has a 3D mode for my tv. The ice stage along with Jago's fireball particles flying around would be SICK!

Wow a disagree for wanting optional 3D huh? I smell a
#13 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
AusRogo  +   869d ago
Daaaayyyum! I'll be picking up an xb1 eventually and this will be my first game. Have been playing KI GOLD lately with my bro, just like old times!

EDIT: though im not liking the look of Glacius.. looks a bit skinny and dark? EDIT 2: herpa derp didnt realise it was a different
#14 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MELMAN26  +   869d ago
I can agree with that, I am not a fan of the new Glacius, however I do like his size, they should have left his face alone though.
ylwzx3  +   869d ago
#15 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
GameCents  +   869d ago
Xbox One exclusive game getting positive feedback from gamers and commenters on n4g?? What the H is this?? Am I in a coma?
OT: Never played the originals so I don't know if this new one is staying true to form, I will say however that it is looking very good. One Day I will but it. See what I did there?
creatchee  +   869d ago
Well, ylwzx3 is here to keep the hate alive ;)
GameCents  +   869d ago
@the people complaining about the look of Glacius, maybe an explaination will be given in his new backstory.
#17 (Edited 869d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Fireseed  +   869d ago
Preface: I absolutely LOVE this game and will be getting it day one.

However I kinda prefer the Glacius they showed at E3, he had the elongated skull type face Glacius was known for. The body is great I like that they kept his huge 4 fingered hands and signature feet, and the spikes were bad ass. But the head is a bit dissapointing... Oh well, ranged combo character. I know who I'm playing! haha
FlyGuyHung  +   869d ago
I seriously can not wait to get this game. I want it more and more every time i see it in action. Absolutely beautiful. Buying XboxONE for this.
ceedubya9  +   869d ago
Really looking forward to this game!
nzbleach  +   869d ago
Xbox one KI has got my attention :)
yankolo  +   869d ago
So can it be played offline???????
True_Samurai  +   869d ago
Lvl_up_gamer  +   869d ago
LMFAO at all the Sony fanboys in this article stealth trolling.

Just look at that 60 fps smooth like butter gameplay in all it's glory.

Coming from a die hard KI fan, I have never been more excited for this KI version since KI made the transition from arcade to console.

Thank you MS.

DonFreezer  +   869d ago
Nuh let them play Killzone Shadow Falls in 30 fps and cry about fps not mattering.60 fps should be the standard for games that require fast action and movement like fps shooters beat em up games and racing simulators.
kenshiro100  +   868d ago
People have a right to their own opinions. That doesn't mean they're fanboys.
lastofgen  +   869d ago
I really am not into fighting games, but ki looks pretty sweet. And those particle
Deathdeliverer  +   869d ago
Man Jago was my main back in the day. Its great to see him in action again however.... I'm just a bit put off by the way this looks. I am a huge fighting gamer and I'm looking forward to the new Guilty Gear but this... I guess i'm excited but let down at the same time. Killer Instinct was never the DEEPEST fighting game, and I see they added some kind of regen ability but. I guess I was expecting some new additions to bring it up to date. I think that's what it is, It looks dated. Graphic wise it looks ok. Nothing incredible, but gameplay wise it looks truly 1997. Fighting games have just advanced so much now.
Mecca4  +   869d ago
Why does glacius remind me of a necromorph in dead space
Belking  +   869d ago
to all you haters this is what you call a proper fighting game. This exclusive will sell plenty of xbox-ones.
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   869d ago
It's free, its fast, its gorgeous, its a no brainer....
Urusernamesucks  +   869d ago
Well it looks like double helix has finaly found their genre, good for them. They should stick to it.
ma1asiah  +   869d ago
Day 1 must have then I will buy the whole roster and straight off the bat start tearing shit up with Spinal. This is one major reason to get an X1.

MS don't need to lower the price of the X1. They just need more games like K.I that no matter how much you tell yourself that you don't need it, in the end you just know you just got to have it.

Keep up the great work DH and remember DON'T SCREW IT UP!!!!
RAF-TECH  +   869d ago
I'm really glad KI is being made with love from the devs and taking in comments and reactions from other players. Games like this make you wish fanboys would just stop trolling and just play the game and enjoy. it looks fun and brings out what is in store for us next gen
« 1 2 »

Fallout Series Callbacks and Connections

10m ago - Fallout 4 includes a number of great call-backs and connections to previous Fallout games. The Co... | PC

Winged Cloud Partners With MangaGamer, Announces New Visual Novels

11m ago - Winged Cloud is looking to explore a new direction with its next lot of visual novels. | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

How Many Classes Should an MMO Have?

45m ago - Most online games use their various classes in an attempt to differentiate themselves from other... | Industry

This 'Resident Evil' Cosplay Gets Five S.T.A.R.S. -

1h ago - This 'Resident Evil' Cosplay Gets Five S.T.A.R.S. | Resident Evil

Life is Feudal: Your Own Review (GameWatcher)

1h ago - From GameWatcher: "During the beginning of my time with Life is Feudal, it took me through a tuto... | PC