Submitted by Prcko 436d ago | news

Shuhei Yoshida Responds On Question: ''When Will We Know The Actual Ps4 Release Date''

Shuhei Yoshida responds on Twitter Question about PlayStation 4 Release Date. (PS4, Shuhei Yoshida)

Alternative Sources
NatureOfLogic  +   436d ago
It's all a waiting game between MS and Sony. lol at the joke though.
#1 (Edited 436d ago ) | Agree(48) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
iGAM3R-VIII  +   436d ago
"before it happens"

LOOL best answer ever, Some of his replies to some tweets are just way to funny XD

PlayStation's best man!
darx  +   436d ago
It's not that funny
Septic  +   436d ago
Haha he does crack me up. I like the guy. Really nice and and clever chap.
abzdine  +   436d ago
hahaha i love this guy
s8anicslayer  +   436d ago
I like Yosh, he has a personality and doesn't come off as a robot.
lawgone  +   436d ago
Dude, you frighten me.
ziggurcat   436d ago | Trolling | show
Cryptcuzz  +   436d ago
He really is funny and clever with his tweets and answers to questions in interviews.

The YouTube video with him on "How to trade PS4 games" was so awesome too.
Tatsuya   436d ago | Personal attack | show
minimur12  +   436d ago
See, Don Mattrick, or any of the other Xbox folk couldn't really ever get away with that

yes, I know Don has left. I'm just saying as a principle
badz149  +   436d ago
Yoshida, you troll! lol
G20WLY   436d ago | Trolling | show
strifeblade   436d ago | Trolling | show
XisThatKid  +   436d ago
@Strifeblade I LOLed
showtimefolks  +   436d ago
iGAM3R-VIII

he connects with his fans us the gamers so well, many of his tweets are quite funny

before it happens lol, how about letting us know it had already happened and we missed the launch now run to the store and grab yours
Koyes  +   436d ago
@Darx

He has excellent sarcasm. He does it in the most mischievous manner
CaptinzLee  +   436d ago
Lmao he be killin me
negative   436d ago | Trolling | show
Mounce  +   436d ago
So, Yosh basically confirms that PS4 'WILL' ship and announce a release date, basically whenever...

It sounds like they could say "Release date tomorrow" - but of course they delay and give it time for the sake of the games, the longer they wait, and wait for X1 to announce its release date, the more time it gives developers to refine their games making it so when the PS4 does launch, it'll be an appropriate time to welcome the games made on it that are infact Ready.

Microsofts' move, Sony is either waiting for the Checkmate, or they're already in a situation of a Stalemate with Microsoft and just waiting for them to make a move.
iMixMasTer872   436d ago | Spam
emilie12richards   436d ago | Spam
FunkMacNasty  +   436d ago
Ok, bickering about which company has the better console or exclusives=fairly normal for a gaming website. Bickering about which company has the better/smarter/funnier PR spokespeople is SAD! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

All that really matters is that we learn the ps4 release date. It was not disclosed in this article. This wasn't news. This was a TWEET... with NO INFORMATION.
#1.5 (Edited 436d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FlameHawk   436d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(5)
Rusty515  +   436d ago
Lol Whata smartazz.
#3 (Edited 436d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gamesgbkiller  +   436d ago
We have to wait for Gamescom or TGS.
ZBlacktt  +   436d ago
Strong news!
Fergusonxplainsall  +   436d ago
Pretty sure he knows that gamers already know about The Last Of Us evacuation date. Maybe that's what he is trying to get out.

If it's true then the Gamers did know first before they announce it. We will find out in August.
XabiDaChosenOne  +   436d ago
Lol Yoshida is a straight up troll.
MasterCornholio  +   436d ago
One video.

Sharing the game.

P.S I know that Microsoft reversed their policy's but when the Video came out they still had their DRM system.

Motorola RAZR i
#6.1 (Edited 436d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
jujubee88  +   436d ago
Yeah, Yoshida's a sweetheart though. :-)
MELMAN26  +   436d ago
The real answer is, whenever Microsoft announces it's release date.
dcj0524  +   436d ago
Watch them release it a week before
HappyWithOneBubble  +   436d ago
It don't matter because the xb1 don't look ready to me. I see high failure rate in its future.
Supermax  +   436d ago
This is we're the kids are at.
GBELKIN1  +   436d ago
Sony most likely will announce the release date of the PS4 at Gamescom which occurs on 08/21-08/25 in Cologne Germany.
JohnJoakly  +   436d ago
with last week in Oct.
#9.1 (Edited 436d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
GBELKIN1  +   428d ago
I'm telling you it's going to be at Gamescom. Waiting until late October doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint. Sony has never announced any of the playstation consoles that late before they're available for sale to the consumer. It's also possible that the PS4 could be for sale late October in the U.S. but unlikely.
lawgone  +   436d ago
We're calling this a "story." I click on "read full article" and it takes me to a tweet. Wow. Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer? It would be called arrogant, flippant, glib and a hundred other things. Smh.
dcj0524  +   436d ago
Its from twitter.com. you expect a full article from twitter?
lawgone  +   433d ago
You seem to be missing the point so I'll spell it out for you...tweets are not stories and they do not belong here. It never should have been approved and shouldn't still be here now.
DragonKnight  +   436d ago
"Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer?"

That would never happen though because Microsoft execs aren't clever.
IcicleTrepan  +   436d ago
You know them all? Assuming you've achieved more than they have and are in a position to judge.
DragonKnight  +   436d ago
IcicleTrepan: Your lame response is lame. Every executive of note or position has been in the public eye, none of them have done anything remotely clever, try again. Btw, your defense of them will yield nothing to your benefit.
lawgone  +   433d ago
@DragonKnight...Neither are you.
#10.2.3 (Edited 433d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
DragonKnight  +   433d ago
@lawgone: Oh burn. I'm so burned. You got me there. /s
fsfsxii  +   436d ago
Why do you need to bring this up??
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   436d ago
I like Shuhei Yoshida, he actually takes the time to respond to consumer questions which is rare for his position. He has responded to me several times, answering questions as well as responding to general tweets to him.
nosferatuzodd  +   436d ago
me too i was surprise when he answer my tweet it makes me feel important lol..
posthero01  +   436d ago
dammit shu and his twitter responses lmao
Mr1Y  +   436d ago
Just on a on a totally different subject, did Sony say at least 20 exclusives with in the first year or more than 20 exclusives with in the first year?
CKsquid  +   436d ago
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But as far as I'm aware.
20 first party exclusives in the first year
30 more third party either exclusives or with exclusive content in the first year.
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   436d ago
30+ first party exclusives in the works, 20 out the first year, 12 of which are new IP's.
Mr1Y  +   436d ago
@CKsquid
The reason I ask the question is because I was watching some old montage of the Xbox one reveal and Phil spencer said when announcing how many exclusives the Xbox would have he said,"more than fifteen exclusives within the first year". also I believe you are correct.
cellfluid  +   436d ago
September
Mr1Y  +   436d ago
@psn_ZeroOnyx
It's just going to be 30 exclusives, no more or less until they say otherwise.
neildee250  +   435d ago
lol you must be including the whole of 2014 in that figure. Could announce half of them at next years E3 so why say 30
#16.1 (Edited 435d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   436d ago
Hah, that was funny
Dead_Cell  +   436d ago
I love how acerbic his humour is.
Gamers_United  +   436d ago
Might not even be released this year I am thinking early next year
fsfsxii  +   436d ago
I really don't know what "Holiday 2013" stands for.
theChickGamer  +   436d ago
I'm sure it will be before XOne, some stores already changed "Holiday 2013" with Fall "2013".
llMurcielagoll  +   436d ago
Of course he will not say. Imagine this news headline "Sony announces release info of the PS4 release date date"
RickHiggity  +   436d ago
Let me finish paying mine off first, then I'll worry about when it comes out. I'm lying. I want it now!!!!!
frozen-assets  +   436d ago
Generally speaking, when a company spokesperson can afford to be cheeky and playful, it's a good sign of confidence. Nice to see Sony having fun, I'm sure it's a very different place compared to the same period before the PS3 launch.
brich233  +   435d ago
Sony is waiting for microsoft to announce a release date, and microsoft is waiting for Sony.
Izzy408  +   435d ago
And when we'll we know 'before it happens?'
neildee250  +   435d ago
sorry but this isnt even news and should be struck from the top of the pile
jay2  +   435d ago
Well, GAMESCOM it's got to be then, but why are Europe paying an extra £15-20 on games ffs.
Dgander  +   435d ago
They wont say yet because PS3 is selling really well right now. They dont want to disrupt that momentum by announcing PS4 release date.
maddfoxx  +   431d ago
I would think they would release it mid to late November. K-mart has the release date at December 30th. I dont know if its a leak or a place holder date. December 30th seems like a odd time to release a console, so I'm just going to guess its a place holder date.
#29 (Edited 431d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Video Game Heroes Are Mental. Aren't We All?

29m ago - Apparently all great video game heroes are mentally ill or have some type of mental condition. No... | PC

Video Game Crafts ‘N Gear #79 Donkey Kong Special: Painted NES, Jenga, Custom GBA SP

31m ago - Video Game Crafts 'N Gear is a weekly feature wherein the spotlight is shined on the best custom-... | Culture

Shallow Waters: Why You Shouldn't Dive In With Square Enix

31m ago - AUTOMATON's Graham Arthur reports on Square Enix' announcement of their new Dive In service at th... | Mobile

The Sunday Seven: Destiny Strike Tips

32m ago - Dealspwn writes: I’ve had Destiny for a week now (thanks to Royal Mail’s usual shoddy service) an... | Xbox 360

Destiny The Game

Now - Explore Mars, Rediscover Venus, Reclaim the moon, Protect Earth. Become Legend. The wait is over! Destiny is now available to play, Pick up your... | Promoted post

The Idolmaster PS4 has only just begun development

34m ago - "Development on the new Idolmaster game for PlayStation 4 has “only just begun,” producer Yozo Sa... | PS4