Submitted by Prcko 824d ago | news

Shuhei Yoshida Responds On Question: ''When Will We Know The Actual Ps4 Release Date''

Shuhei Yoshida responds on Twitter Question about PlayStation 4 Release Date. (PS4, Shuhei Yoshida)

Alternative Sources
NatureOfLogic  +   824d ago
It's all a waiting game between MS and Sony. lol at the joke though.
#1 (Edited 824d ago ) | Agree(48) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
iGAM3R-VIII  +   824d ago
"before it happens"

LOOL best answer ever, Some of his replies to some tweets are just way to funny XD

PlayStation's best man!
darx  +   824d ago
It's not that funny
Septic  +   824d ago
Haha he does crack me up. I like the guy. Really nice and and clever chap.
abzdine  +   824d ago
hahaha i love this guy
s8anicslayer  +   824d ago
I like Yosh, he has a personality and doesn't come off as a robot.
lawgone  +   824d ago
Dude, you frighten me.
ziggurcat   824d ago | Trolling | show
Cryptcuzz  +   824d ago
He really is funny and clever with his tweets and answers to questions in interviews.

The YouTube video with him on "How to trade PS4 games" was so awesome too.
Tatsuya   824d ago | Personal attack | show
minimur12  +   824d ago
See, Don Mattrick, or any of the other Xbox folk couldn't really ever get away with that

yes, I know Don has left. I'm just saying as a principle
badz149  +   824d ago
Yoshida, you troll! lol
G20WLY   824d ago | Trolling | show
strifeblade   823d ago | Trolling | show
XisThatKid  +   823d ago
@Strifeblade I LOLed
showtimefolks  +   823d ago

he connects with his fans us the gamers so well, many of his tweets are quite funny

before it happens lol, how about letting us know it had already happened and we missed the launch now run to the store and grab yours
Koyes  +   823d ago

He has excellent sarcasm. He does it in the most mischievous manner
CaptinzLee  +   823d ago
Lmao he be killin me
negative   823d ago | Trolling | show
Mounce  +   824d ago
So, Yosh basically confirms that PS4 'WILL' ship and announce a release date, basically whenever...

It sounds like they could say "Release date tomorrow" - but of course they delay and give it time for the sake of the games, the longer they wait, and wait for X1 to announce its release date, the more time it gives developers to refine their games making it so when the PS4 does launch, it'll be an appropriate time to welcome the games made on it that are infact Ready.

Microsofts' move, Sony is either waiting for the Checkmate, or they're already in a situation of a Stalemate with Microsoft and just waiting for them to make a move.
iMixMasTer872   823d ago | Spam
emilie12richards   823d ago | Spam
FunkMacNasty  +   823d ago
Ok, bickering about which company has the better console or exclusives=fairly normal for a gaming website. Bickering about which company has the better/smarter/funnier PR spokespeople is SAD! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

All that really matters is that we learn the ps4 release date. It was not disclosed in this article. This wasn't news. This was a TWEET... with NO INFORMATION.
#1.5 (Edited 823d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FlameHawk   824d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(5)
Rusty515  +   824d ago
Lol Whata smartazz.
#3 (Edited 824d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gamesgbkiller  +   824d ago
We have to wait for Gamescom or TGS.
ZBlacktt  +   824d ago
Strong news!
Fergusonxplainsall  +   823d ago
Pretty sure he knows that gamers already know about The Last Of Us evacuation date. Maybe that's what he is trying to get out.

If it's true then the Gamers did know first before they announce it. We will find out in August.
XabiDaChosenOne  +   824d ago
Lol Yoshida is a straight up troll.
MasterCornholio  +   824d ago
One video.

Sharing the game.

P.S I know that Microsoft reversed their policy's but when the Video came out they still had their DRM system.

Motorola RAZR i
#6.1 (Edited 824d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
jujubee88  +   824d ago
Yeah, Yoshida's a sweetheart though. :-)
MELMAN26  +   824d ago
The real answer is, whenever Microsoft announces it's release date.
dcj0524  +   824d ago
Watch them release it a week before
HappyWithOneBubble  +   824d ago
It don't matter because the xb1 don't look ready to me. I see high failure rate in its future.
Supermax  +   824d ago
This is we're the kids are at.
GBELKIN1  +   824d ago
Sony most likely will announce the release date of the PS4 at Gamescom which occurs on 08/21-08/25 in Cologne Germany.
JohnJoakly  +   824d ago
with last week in Oct.
#9.1 (Edited 824d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
GBELKIN1  +   816d ago
I'm telling you it's going to be at Gamescom. Waiting until late October doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint. Sony has never announced any of the playstation consoles that late before they're available for sale to the consumer. It's also possible that the PS4 could be for sale late October in the U.S. but unlikely.
lawgone  +   824d ago
We're calling this a "story." I click on "read full article" and it takes me to a tweet. Wow. Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer? It would be called arrogant, flippant, glib and a hundred other things. Smh.
dcj0524  +   824d ago
Its from twitter.com. you expect a full article from twitter?
lawgone  +   821d ago
You seem to be missing the point so I'll spell it out for you...tweets are not stories and they do not belong here. It never should have been approved and shouldn't still be here now.
DragonKnight  +   824d ago
"Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer?"

That would never happen though because Microsoft execs aren't clever.
IcicleTrepan  +   823d ago
You know them all? Assuming you've achieved more than they have and are in a position to judge.
DragonKnight  +   823d ago
IcicleTrepan: Your lame response is lame. Every executive of note or position has been in the public eye, none of them have done anything remotely clever, try again. Btw, your defense of them will yield nothing to your benefit.
lawgone  +   821d ago
@DragonKnight...Neither are you.
#10.2.3 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
DragonKnight  +   820d ago
@lawgone: Oh burn. I'm so burned. You got me there. /s
fsfsxii  +   823d ago
Why do you need to bring this up??
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   824d ago
I like Shuhei Yoshida, he actually takes the time to respond to consumer questions which is rare for his position. He has responded to me several times, answering questions as well as responding to general tweets to him.
nosferatuzodd  +   823d ago
me too i was surprise when he answer my tweet it makes me feel important lol..
posthero01  +   824d ago
dammit shu and his twitter responses lmao
Mr1Y  +   824d ago
Just on a on a totally different subject, did Sony say at least 20 exclusives with in the first year or more than 20 exclusives with in the first year?
CKsquid  +   824d ago
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But as far as I'm aware.
20 first party exclusives in the first year
30 more third party either exclusives or with exclusive content in the first year.
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   823d ago
30+ first party exclusives in the works, 20 out the first year, 12 of which are new IP's.
Mr1Y  +   824d ago
The reason I ask the question is because I was watching some old montage of the Xbox one reveal and Phil spencer said when announcing how many exclusives the Xbox would have he said,"more than fifteen exclusives within the first year". also I believe you are correct.
cellfluid  +   823d ago
Mr1Y  +   823d ago
It's just going to be 30 exclusives, no more or less until they say otherwise.
neildee250  +   823d ago
lol you must be including the whole of 2014 in that figure. Could announce half of them at next years E3 so why say 30
#16.1 (Edited 823d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   823d ago
Hah, that was funny
Dead_Cell  +   823d ago
I love how acerbic his humour is.
Gamers_United  +   823d ago
Might not even be released this year I am thinking early next year
fsfsxii  +   823d ago
I really don't know what "Holiday 2013" stands for.
theChickGamer  +   823d ago
I'm sure it will be before XOne, some stores already changed "Holiday 2013" with Fall "2013".
llMurcielagoll  +   823d ago
Of course he will not say. Imagine this news headline "Sony announces release info of the PS4 release date date"
RickHiggity  +   823d ago
Let me finish paying mine off first, then I'll worry about when it comes out. I'm lying. I want it now!!!!!
frozen-assets  +   823d ago
Generally speaking, when a company spokesperson can afford to be cheeky and playful, it's a good sign of confidence. Nice to see Sony having fun, I'm sure it's a very different place compared to the same period before the PS3 launch.
brich233  +   823d ago
Sony is waiting for microsoft to announce a release date, and microsoft is waiting for Sony.
Izzy408  +   823d ago
And when we'll we know 'before it happens?'
neildee250  +   823d ago
sorry but this isnt even news and should be struck from the top of the pile
jay2  +   823d ago
Well, GAMESCOM it's got to be then, but why are Europe paying an extra £15-20 on games ffs.
Dgander  +   823d ago
They wont say yet because PS3 is selling really well right now. They dont want to disrupt that momentum by announcing PS4 release date.
maddfoxx  +   818d ago
I would think they would release it mid to late November. K-mart has the release date at December 30th. I dont know if its a leak or a place holder date. December 30th seems like a odd time to release a console, so I'm just going to guess its a place holder date.
#29 (Edited 818d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Top 5 Changes We Want to See in Star Wars Battlefront Based on the Beta

12m ago - PSLS's Top 5 video takes a look at the things they want to see improved in Star Wars Battlefront,... | PC

How Destiny Can Influence Single Player Experiences

12m ago - OnlySP: To say Destiny has divided opinion among the gaming universe is somewhat of an understate... | Xbox 360

Super Mario Maker (Wii U) Review

Now - Justin tries his hand at creating supreme Mario levels. | Promoted post

Eidos Montreal feature Part I: The early days that built a foundation for years

1h ago - Examiner is pleased to share with you Part I of a four part series where we reflected on some of... | Industry

A Fistful of Gun Review [MonsterVine]

1h ago - MonsterVine: "A Fistful of Gun is a title that’s got a retro feel with a fistful of modern featur... | PC

The Coma, Korean Horror Game Launches October 19th

1h ago - One Angry Gamer "Devespresso Games will launch their Korean horror title on October 19th on Steam... | PC