Submitted by Prcko 687d ago | news

Shuhei Yoshida Responds On Question: ''When Will We Know The Actual Ps4 Release Date''

Shuhei Yoshida responds on Twitter Question about PlayStation 4 Release Date. (PS4, Shuhei Yoshida)

Alternative Sources
NatureOfLogic  +   687d ago
It's all a waiting game between MS and Sony. lol at the joke though.
#1 (Edited 687d ago ) | Agree(48) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
iGAM3R-VIII  +   687d ago
"before it happens"

LOOL best answer ever, Some of his replies to some tweets are just way to funny XD

PlayStation's best man!
darx  +   687d ago
It's not that funny
Septic  +   687d ago
Haha he does crack me up. I like the guy. Really nice and and clever chap.
abzdine  +   687d ago
hahaha i love this guy
s8anicslayer  +   687d ago
I like Yosh, he has a personality and doesn't come off as a robot.
lawgone  +   687d ago
Dude, you frighten me.
ziggurcat   687d ago | Trolling | show
Cryptcuzz  +   687d ago
He really is funny and clever with his tweets and answers to questions in interviews.

The YouTube video with him on "How to trade PS4 games" was so awesome too.
Tatsuya   687d ago | Personal attack | show
minimur12  +   687d ago
See, Don Mattrick, or any of the other Xbox folk couldn't really ever get away with that

yes, I know Don has left. I'm just saying as a principle
badz149  +   687d ago
Yoshida, you troll! lol
G20WLY   687d ago | Trolling | show
strifeblade   687d ago | Trolling | show
XisThatKid  +   687d ago
@Strifeblade I LOLed
showtimefolks  +   687d ago
iGAM3R-VIII

he connects with his fans us the gamers so well, many of his tweets are quite funny

before it happens lol, how about letting us know it had already happened and we missed the launch now run to the store and grab yours
Koyes  +   687d ago
@Darx

He has excellent sarcasm. He does it in the most mischievous manner
CaptinzLee  +   687d ago
Lmao he be killin me
negative   687d ago | Trolling | show
Mounce  +   687d ago
So, Yosh basically confirms that PS4 'WILL' ship and announce a release date, basically whenever...

It sounds like they could say "Release date tomorrow" - but of course they delay and give it time for the sake of the games, the longer they wait, and wait for X1 to announce its release date, the more time it gives developers to refine their games making it so when the PS4 does launch, it'll be an appropriate time to welcome the games made on it that are infact Ready.

Microsofts' move, Sony is either waiting for the Checkmate, or they're already in a situation of a Stalemate with Microsoft and just waiting for them to make a move.
iMixMasTer872   687d ago | Spam
emilie12richards   687d ago | Spam
FunkMacNasty  +   687d ago
Ok, bickering about which company has the better console or exclusives=fairly normal for a gaming website. Bickering about which company has the better/smarter/funnier PR spokespeople is SAD! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

All that really matters is that we learn the ps4 release date. It was not disclosed in this article. This wasn't news. This was a TWEET... with NO INFORMATION.
#1.5 (Edited 687d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FlameHawk   687d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(5)
Rusty515  +   687d ago
Lol Whata smartazz.
#3 (Edited 687d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gamesgbkiller  +   687d ago
We have to wait for Gamescom or TGS.
ZBlacktt  +   687d ago
Strong news!
Fergusonxplainsall  +   687d ago
Pretty sure he knows that gamers already know about The Last Of Us evacuation date. Maybe that's what he is trying to get out.

If it's true then the Gamers did know first before they announce it. We will find out in August.
XabiDaChosenOne  +   687d ago
Lol Yoshida is a straight up troll.
MasterCornholio  +   687d ago
One video.

Sharing the game.

P.S I know that Microsoft reversed their policy's but when the Video came out they still had their DRM system.

Motorola RAZR i
#6.1 (Edited 687d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
jujubee88  +   687d ago
Yeah, Yoshida's a sweetheart though. :-)
MELMAN26  +   687d ago
The real answer is, whenever Microsoft announces it's release date.
dcj0524  +   687d ago
Watch them release it a week before
HappyWithOneBubble  +   687d ago
It don't matter because the xb1 don't look ready to me. I see high failure rate in its future.
Supermax  +   687d ago
This is we're the kids are at.
GBELKIN1  +   687d ago
Sony most likely will announce the release date of the PS4 at Gamescom which occurs on 08/21-08/25 in Cologne Germany.
JohnJoakly  +   687d ago
with last week in Oct.
#9.1 (Edited 687d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
GBELKIN1  +   679d ago
I'm telling you it's going to be at Gamescom. Waiting until late October doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint. Sony has never announced any of the playstation consoles that late before they're available for sale to the consumer. It's also possible that the PS4 could be for sale late October in the U.S. but unlikely.
lawgone  +   687d ago
We're calling this a "story." I click on "read full article" and it takes me to a tweet. Wow. Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer? It would be called arrogant, flippant, glib and a hundred other things. Smh.
dcj0524  +   687d ago
Its from twitter.com. you expect a full article from twitter?
lawgone  +   684d ago
You seem to be missing the point so I'll spell it out for you...tweets are not stories and they do not belong here. It never should have been approved and shouldn't still be here now.
DragonKnight  +   687d ago
"Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer?"

That would never happen though because Microsoft execs aren't clever.
IcicleTrepan  +   687d ago
You know them all? Assuming you've achieved more than they have and are in a position to judge.
DragonKnight  +   687d ago
IcicleTrepan: Your lame response is lame. Every executive of note or position has been in the public eye, none of them have done anything remotely clever, try again. Btw, your defense of them will yield nothing to your benefit.
lawgone  +   684d ago
@DragonKnight...Neither are you.
#10.2.3 (Edited 684d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
DragonKnight  +   684d ago
@lawgone: Oh burn. I'm so burned. You got me there. /s
fsfsxii  +   687d ago
Why do you need to bring this up??
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   687d ago
I like Shuhei Yoshida, he actually takes the time to respond to consumer questions which is rare for his position. He has responded to me several times, answering questions as well as responding to general tweets to him.
nosferatuzodd  +   687d ago
me too i was surprise when he answer my tweet it makes me feel important lol..
posthero01  +   687d ago
dammit shu and his twitter responses lmao
Mr1Y  +   687d ago
Just on a on a totally different subject, did Sony say at least 20 exclusives with in the first year or more than 20 exclusives with in the first year?
CKsquid  +   687d ago
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But as far as I'm aware.
20 first party exclusives in the first year
30 more third party either exclusives or with exclusive content in the first year.
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   687d ago
30+ first party exclusives in the works, 20 out the first year, 12 of which are new IP's.
Mr1Y  +   687d ago
@CKsquid
The reason I ask the question is because I was watching some old montage of the Xbox one reveal and Phil spencer said when announcing how many exclusives the Xbox would have he said,"more than fifteen exclusives within the first year". also I believe you are correct.
cellfluid  +   687d ago
September
Mr1Y  +   687d ago
@psn_ZeroOnyx
It's just going to be 30 exclusives, no more or less until they say otherwise.
neildee250  +   686d ago
lol you must be including the whole of 2014 in that figure. Could announce half of them at next years E3 so why say 30
#16.1 (Edited 686d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   687d ago
Hah, that was funny
Dead_Cell  +   687d ago
I love how acerbic his humour is.
Gamers_United  +   687d ago
Might not even be released this year I am thinking early next year
fsfsxii  +   687d ago
I really don't know what "Holiday 2013" stands for.
theChickGamer  +   687d ago
I'm sure it will be before XOne, some stores already changed "Holiday 2013" with Fall "2013".
llMurcielagoll  +   687d ago
Of course he will not say. Imagine this news headline "Sony announces release info of the PS4 release date date"
RickHiggity  +   687d ago
Let me finish paying mine off first, then I'll worry about when it comes out. I'm lying. I want it now!!!!!
frozen-assets  +   687d ago
Generally speaking, when a company spokesperson can afford to be cheeky and playful, it's a good sign of confidence. Nice to see Sony having fun, I'm sure it's a very different place compared to the same period before the PS3 launch.
brich233  +   686d ago
Sony is waiting for microsoft to announce a release date, and microsoft is waiting for Sony.
Izzy408  +   686d ago
And when we'll we know 'before it happens?'
neildee250  +   686d ago
sorry but this isnt even news and should be struck from the top of the pile
jay2  +   686d ago
Well, GAMESCOM it's got to be then, but why are Europe paying an extra £15-20 on games ffs.
Dgander  +   686d ago
They wont say yet because PS3 is selling really well right now. They dont want to disrupt that momentum by announcing PS4 release date.
maddfoxx  +   682d ago
I would think they would release it mid to late November. K-mart has the release date at December 30th. I dont know if its a leak or a place holder date. December 30th seems like a odd time to release a console, so I'm just going to guess its a place holder date.
#29 (Edited 682d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Beautiful Sneak Peek of The Banner Saga 2 Released

16m ago - Stoic has today released a teaser trailer for their upcoming sequel to The Banner Saga, The Banne... | PC

Top 10 Mortal Enemies In Video Games

18m ago - Rivalry is one thing, but it's another when two characters swear their eternal hatred for each o... | GameCube

Study Game Design at DeVry

Another Top 10 Anticlimactic Boss Battles

24m ago - Boss battles should be the ultimate test of all the skills you've been developing in the levels u... | PSP

Let's Play - Tera

1h ago - Geoff, Jack, Ryan, Michael, and Matt party up and take on a dungeon in Tera Online! | PC

Sproggiwood for iOS Review: A Nearly Flawless Roguelike | AppUnwrapper

1h ago - Appunwrapper writes: "I don’t play too many roguelikes, not because I don’t like the gameplay, bu... | iPhone