Submitted by Prcko 752d ago | news

Shuhei Yoshida Responds On Question: ''When Will We Know The Actual Ps4 Release Date''

Shuhei Yoshida responds on Twitter Question about PlayStation 4 Release Date. (PS4, Shuhei Yoshida)

Alternative Sources
NatureOfLogic  +   752d ago
It's all a waiting game between MS and Sony. lol at the joke though.
#1 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(48) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
iGAM3R-VIII  +   752d ago
"before it happens"

LOOL best answer ever, Some of his replies to some tweets are just way to funny XD

PlayStation's best man!
darx  +   752d ago
It's not that funny
Septic  +   752d ago
Haha he does crack me up. I like the guy. Really nice and and clever chap.
abzdine  +   752d ago
hahaha i love this guy
s8anicslayer  +   752d ago
I like Yosh, he has a personality and doesn't come off as a robot.
lawgone  +   752d ago
Dude, you frighten me.
ziggurcat   752d ago | Trolling | show
Cryptcuzz  +   752d ago
He really is funny and clever with his tweets and answers to questions in interviews.

The YouTube video with him on "How to trade PS4 games" was so awesome too.
Tatsuya   752d ago | Personal attack | show
minimur12  +   752d ago
See, Don Mattrick, or any of the other Xbox folk couldn't really ever get away with that

yes, I know Don has left. I'm just saying as a principle
badz149  +   752d ago
Yoshida, you troll! lol
G20WLY   751d ago | Trolling | show
strifeblade   751d ago | Trolling | show
XisThatKid  +   751d ago
@Strifeblade I LOLed
showtimefolks  +   751d ago
iGAM3R-VIII

he connects with his fans us the gamers so well, many of his tweets are quite funny

before it happens lol, how about letting us know it had already happened and we missed the launch now run to the store and grab yours
Koyes  +   751d ago
@Darx

He has excellent sarcasm. He does it in the most mischievous manner
CaptinzLee  +   751d ago
Lmao he be killin me
negative   751d ago | Trolling | show
Mounce  +   751d ago
So, Yosh basically confirms that PS4 'WILL' ship and announce a release date, basically whenever...

It sounds like they could say "Release date tomorrow" - but of course they delay and give it time for the sake of the games, the longer they wait, and wait for X1 to announce its release date, the more time it gives developers to refine their games making it so when the PS4 does launch, it'll be an appropriate time to welcome the games made on it that are infact Ready.

Microsofts' move, Sony is either waiting for the Checkmate, or they're already in a situation of a Stalemate with Microsoft and just waiting for them to make a move.
iMixMasTer872   751d ago | Spam
emilie12richards   751d ago | Spam
FunkMacNasty  +   751d ago
Ok, bickering about which company has the better console or exclusives=fairly normal for a gaming website. Bickering about which company has the better/smarter/funnier PR spokespeople is SAD! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

All that really matters is that we learn the ps4 release date. It was not disclosed in this article. This wasn't news. This was a TWEET... with NO INFORMATION.
#1.5 (Edited 751d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
FlameHawk   752d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(5)
Rusty515  +   752d ago
Lol Whata smartazz.
#3 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gamesgbkiller  +   752d ago
We have to wait for Gamescom or TGS.
ZBlacktt  +   752d ago
Strong news!
Fergusonxplainsall  +   751d ago
Pretty sure he knows that gamers already know about The Last Of Us evacuation date. Maybe that's what he is trying to get out.

If it's true then the Gamers did know first before they announce it. We will find out in August.
XabiDaChosenOne  +   752d ago
Lol Yoshida is a straight up troll.
MasterCornholio  +   752d ago
One video.

Sharing the game.

P.S I know that Microsoft reversed their policy's but when the Video came out they still had their DRM system.

Motorola RAZR i
#6.1 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
jujubee88  +   752d ago
Yeah, Yoshida's a sweetheart though. :-)
MELMAN26  +   752d ago
The real answer is, whenever Microsoft announces it's release date.
dcj0524  +   752d ago
Watch them release it a week before
HappyWithOneBubble  +   752d ago
It don't matter because the xb1 don't look ready to me. I see high failure rate in its future.
Supermax  +   752d ago
This is we're the kids are at.
GBELKIN1  +   752d ago
Sony most likely will announce the release date of the PS4 at Gamescom which occurs on 08/21-08/25 in Cologne Germany.
JohnJoakly  +   752d ago
with last week in Oct.
#9.1 (Edited 752d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
GBELKIN1  +   744d ago
I'm telling you it's going to be at Gamescom. Waiting until late October doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint. Sony has never announced any of the playstation consoles that late before they're available for sale to the consumer. It's also possible that the PS4 could be for sale late October in the U.S. but unlikely.
lawgone  +   752d ago
We're calling this a "story." I click on "read full article" and it takes me to a tweet. Wow. Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer? It would be called arrogant, flippant, glib and a hundred other things. Smh.
dcj0524  +   752d ago
Its from twitter.com. you expect a full article from twitter?
lawgone  +   748d ago
You seem to be missing the point so I'll spell it out for you...tweets are not stories and they do not belong here. It never should have been approved and shouldn't still be here now.
DragonKnight  +   751d ago
"Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol that would flow forth if a Microsoft guy gave that answer?"

That would never happen though because Microsoft execs aren't clever.
IcicleTrepan  +   751d ago
You know them all? Assuming you've achieved more than they have and are in a position to judge.
DragonKnight  +   751d ago
IcicleTrepan: Your lame response is lame. Every executive of note or position has been in the public eye, none of them have done anything remotely clever, try again. Btw, your defense of them will yield nothing to your benefit.
lawgone  +   748d ago
@DragonKnight...Neither are you.
#10.2.3 (Edited 748d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
DragonKnight  +   748d ago
@lawgone: Oh burn. I'm so burned. You got me there. /s
fsfsxii  +   751d ago
Why do you need to bring this up??
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   751d ago
I like Shuhei Yoshida, he actually takes the time to respond to consumer questions which is rare for his position. He has responded to me several times, answering questions as well as responding to general tweets to him.
nosferatuzodd  +   751d ago
me too i was surprise when he answer my tweet it makes me feel important lol..
posthero01  +   751d ago
dammit shu and his twitter responses lmao
Mr1Y  +   751d ago
Just on a on a totally different subject, did Sony say at least 20 exclusives with in the first year or more than 20 exclusives with in the first year?
CKsquid  +   751d ago
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But as far as I'm aware.
20 first party exclusives in the first year
30 more third party either exclusives or with exclusive content in the first year.
PSN_ZeroOnyx  +   751d ago
30+ first party exclusives in the works, 20 out the first year, 12 of which are new IP's.
Mr1Y  +   751d ago
@CKsquid
The reason I ask the question is because I was watching some old montage of the Xbox one reveal and Phil spencer said when announcing how many exclusives the Xbox would have he said,"more than fifteen exclusives within the first year". also I believe you are correct.
cellfluid  +   751d ago
September
Mr1Y  +   751d ago
@psn_ZeroOnyx
It's just going to be 30 exclusives, no more or less until they say otherwise.
neildee250  +   751d ago
lol you must be including the whole of 2014 in that figure. Could announce half of them at next years E3 so why say 30
#16.1 (Edited 751d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   751d ago
Hah, that was funny
Dead_Cell  +   751d ago
I love how acerbic his humour is.
Gamers_United  +   751d ago
Might not even be released this year I am thinking early next year
fsfsxii  +   751d ago
I really don't know what "Holiday 2013" stands for.
theChickGamer  +   751d ago
I'm sure it will be before XOne, some stores already changed "Holiday 2013" with Fall "2013".
llMurcielagoll  +   751d ago
Of course he will not say. Imagine this news headline "Sony announces release info of the PS4 release date date"
RickHiggity  +   751d ago
Let me finish paying mine off first, then I'll worry about when it comes out. I'm lying. I want it now!!!!!
frozen-assets  +   751d ago
Generally speaking, when a company spokesperson can afford to be cheeky and playful, it's a good sign of confidence. Nice to see Sony having fun, I'm sure it's a very different place compared to the same period before the PS3 launch.
brich233  +   751d ago
Sony is waiting for microsoft to announce a release date, and microsoft is waiting for Sony.
Izzy408  +   751d ago
And when we'll we know 'before it happens?'
neildee250  +   751d ago
sorry but this isnt even news and should be struck from the top of the pile
jay2  +   751d ago
Well, GAMESCOM it's got to be then, but why are Europe paying an extra £15-20 on games ffs.
Dgander  +   751d ago
They wont say yet because PS3 is selling really well right now. They dont want to disrupt that momentum by announcing PS4 release date.
maddfoxx  +   746d ago
I would think they would release it mid to late November. K-mart has the release date at December 30th. I dont know if its a leak or a place holder date. December 30th seems like a odd time to release a console, so I'm just going to guess its a place holder date.
#29 (Edited 746d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Five Things We Want In A Resident Evil 2 Remake

18m ago - GI Capcom recently teased that it would consider remaking Resident Evil 2 if fan demand is hig... | PC

SuperPhillip Central: Badland: Game of the Year Edition (Wii U eShop) Review

2h ago - SPC writes, "Badland originally released on iOS and Android two years ago and was hugely celebrat... | Wii U

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 in the Works

Now - Tecmo has just announced that Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 is currently in development. Track its release at Releases.com. | Promoted post

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus adds Senran Kagura 2’s Kagura, Naraku this fall

3h ago - In addition to the previously announced downloadable characters, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus wi... | PS4

Guild of Dungeoneering Review | Quarter to Three

3h ago - "These new heroes are a joy to discover, but the game doesn’t give you any incentive to explore t... | PC

Nsync Playthrough with Zach

4h ago - Zach takes the plunge with a Gameboy classic and tries to Get to the Show with J-T and company. | Retro