Submitted by halocursed 382d ago | image

Did The Latest GTA 5 Gameplay Trailer Feature Toned Down Graphics?

"Earlier this week, Rockstar released the first gameplay trailer of GTA 5 and it looks and feels spectacular, however eagle eyed fans have caught some major differences in the quality of visuals that is present in the gameplay trailer compared to the ones that were released before." (Grand Theft Auto V, PS3, Xbox 360)

malokevi  +   382d ago
Odd. But I would expect initial trailers to be highly optimized... if not CGI.

The latest images are what I would expect at those distances on a current gen console.
badz149  +   381d ago
toned down compared to what? iCEnhancer mod? c'mon...it looks better than GTA IV already!

this is to respond to the article actually
#1.1 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
malokevi  +   381d ago
Thats a PC mod. Not sure if they have it running on Xbox... but I would presume that GTA5 will look better than the mod. Dono though, we'll have to wait.
badz149  +   381d ago
There's no way GTA 5 on current gen consoles will look close to iCEnhancer mod stuff. It's too resource heavy to begin with and not something 360 or PS3 could just run on the fly.

GTA5 looks good but expect it to look better than GTA4 not iCEnhancer good but still goor nonetheless.
pedrof93  +   382d ago
I'm sure the graphical engine wasn't made to be running on the current gen. Btw the graphics looked like a enhanced GTA IV but more smooth. And also I've heard it was a Ps3 version in gameplay !?
Skate-AK  +   381d ago
Yeah it was PS3. That is the lead platform.
mmj  +   382d ago
All videos prior to yesterday's video would have been pre-renders, that's why they were keen to point out that all footage in this 'gameplay' video was in game footage.
#3 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ape007  +   381d ago
what i saw was too good to be running on current gen consoles
HammadTheBeast  +   381d ago
I dunno I saw some PS3 button prompts in there.
Babougrande  +   381d ago
Who cares? The game looks incredible and gameplay seems to be up there as well. Kojima approves :)
Septic  +   381d ago
Exactly. It looked amazing for a current gen game. Then the scope of it all....Rockstar are masters of their craft. Simply untouchable.
Psychotica  +   381d ago
Not worried about it, I will be trading it in as soon as the PC version comes out..
Gamesgbkiller  +   381d ago
Some screenshots looks better.

But still an incredible huge game.
Master-H  +   381d ago
It looks phenomenal for a current gen game. specially considering it's an open world game, with the biggest world R has ever done.
ion666  +   381d ago
they maxed out the console in this current gen. They dunn learnt em'. yee haww.
coolmastermarktwo  +   381d ago
I hope the upper part of that image is what V will look like on PC when maxed out.
angelsx  +   381d ago
I will be happy if the graphics are like Max Payne 3.
kevnb  +   381d ago
After gta4 I'm not sold on gta v just yet. 4 had its moments, but I had a hard time wanting to finish it.
BattleTorn  +   381d ago
Lol I've never finished the final missions :P

Despite 100+hrs clocked in online free roam
Fil101  +   380d ago
Know what you mean I had exactly the same issue and i'm a massive gta nut.
Indo  +   381d ago
Save the best for last, is the vibe I get when I see games like GTA V and TLOU perform beautifully on outdated gaming consoles.
Jovanian  +   381d ago
honestly the game looked hideous in some areas, but really good in others. it has certainly suffered in the visuals department as a result of being a last-gen game. Though I still eagerly anticipate it
porter470  +   381d ago
I thought that most of the screen shots released over the last few months were touched up lighting/saturation and running with high AA like 8x or more

Edit, images have been resized but am sure you you know what I mean

Related image(s)
#15 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Blacklash93  +   381d ago
All the other footage was likely running on PC hardware (as most multiplat games are built on). This is what the visuals are actually going to look like on consoles.
#16 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BattleTorn  +   381d ago
Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked for GTA V - I have even booked a week off work :P

But that there is some BS - lots of assets missing from the earlier screenshots.

And R* is usually applauded for only showing in-game (on platform) in their marketing

/rant, continues being hyped ;)
#17 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Blacklash93  +   381d ago
"And remember people, there is no PC version announced(yet) so there's no reason why they should be releasing high end PC screenshots (with extra assets) than actual screenshots from the release platform."

That isn't true. Most games create their assets on PC hardware and then scale them down for consoles. Regardless whether or not a PC version actually exists.

The reason they would use spiced up graphics for screenshots and trailers is simple; the game looks better for marketing purposes. Or they also hadn't completely had the conversion to console hardware quite completed at the moment. Many games do this.
#17.1 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sketchy_Galore  +   381d ago
IGN claimed in a preview that the game didn't look nearly as graphically impressive as it did in the trailers and instead just looked like 'GTA4 with an extra sheen' (if I remember correctly). Because of that I was overjoyed at the way it looked in that gameplay trailer. It doesn't look quite as good as the story trailers but it looks a lot cleaner and sharper than GTA4.
#18 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RioKing  +   380d ago
I would put the graphics as on-par with RDR, but that's just my personal opinion..
kingduqc  +   381d ago
Prevous screnshot where bullshot or running on pc... Obv the real game on consoles will look not as good

Oculus Rift DK2 eBay Prices Reach Absurd Heights

8m ago - How much would you pay to have an Oculus Rift DK2 by tomorrow? Probably not as much as these people. | PC

WARMACHINE: Tactics - Digital Deluxe Edition Preview | NoobFeed

9m ago - From the preview - Although Warmachine: Tactics is still in its earlier stages of beta, the game... | PC

The Last Of Us Remastered Review – Definitive Edition | Metro

9m ago - Metro - "Whenever reviewing a remake, particularly one of a fairly recent title, we’re always war... | PS4

Trine & The Swapper for Wii U – Indie Corner Weekly Wrap-Up July 28, 2014

15m ago - This week on the Indie Corner Weekly Wrap-Up Jason covers the latest announcements of Indie game... | Wii U

The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode 4 – Amid the Ruins (PC) Review

Now - Drew delves into the penultimate episode of Walking Dead Season Two. | Promoted post

What’s new in Madden 15 Ultimate Team

22m ago - In Madden 15, Ultimate Team will once again be a focus. EA Sports has unveiled some of the new fe... | PS4