Submitted by halocursed 411d ago | image

Did The Latest GTA 5 Gameplay Trailer Feature Toned Down Graphics?

"Earlier this week, Rockstar released the first gameplay trailer of GTA 5 and it looks and feels spectacular, however eagle eyed fans have caught some major differences in the quality of visuals that is present in the gameplay trailer compared to the ones that were released before." (Grand Theft Auto V, PS3, Xbox 360)

malokevi  +   411d ago
Odd. But I would expect initial trailers to be highly optimized... if not CGI.

The latest images are what I would expect at those distances on a current gen console.
badz149  +   411d ago
toned down compared to what? iCEnhancer mod? c'mon...it looks better than GTA IV already!

this is to respond to the article actually
#1.1 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
malokevi  +   411d ago
Thats a PC mod. Not sure if they have it running on Xbox... but I would presume that GTA5 will look better than the mod. Dono though, we'll have to wait.
badz149  +   411d ago
There's no way GTA 5 on current gen consoles will look close to iCEnhancer mod stuff. It's too resource heavy to begin with and not something 360 or PS3 could just run on the fly.

GTA5 looks good but expect it to look better than GTA4 not iCEnhancer good but still goor nonetheless.
pedrof93  +   411d ago
I'm sure the graphical engine wasn't made to be running on the current gen. Btw the graphics looked like a enhanced GTA IV but more smooth. And also I've heard it was a Ps3 version in gameplay !?
Skate-AK  +   411d ago
Yeah it was PS3. That is the lead platform.
mmj  +   411d ago
All videos prior to yesterday's video would have been pre-renders, that's why they were keen to point out that all footage in this 'gameplay' video was in game footage.
#3 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ape007  +   411d ago
what i saw was too good to be running on current gen consoles
HammadTheBeast  +   411d ago
I dunno I saw some PS3 button prompts in there.
Babougrande  +   411d ago
Who cares? The game looks incredible and gameplay seems to be up there as well. Kojima approves :)
Septic  +   411d ago
Exactly. It looked amazing for a current gen game. Then the scope of it all....Rockstar are masters of their craft. Simply untouchable.
Psychotica  +   411d ago
Not worried about it, I will be trading it in as soon as the PC version comes out..
Gamesgbkiller  +   411d ago
Some screenshots looks better.

But still an incredible huge game.
Master-H  +   411d ago
It looks phenomenal for a current gen game. specially considering it's an open world game, with the biggest world R has ever done.
ion666  +   411d ago
they maxed out the console in this current gen. They dunn learnt em'. yee haww.
coolmastermarktwo  +   411d ago
I hope the upper part of that image is what V will look like on PC when maxed out.
angelsx  +   411d ago
I will be happy if the graphics are like Max Payne 3.
kevnb  +   411d ago
After gta4 I'm not sold on gta v just yet. 4 had its moments, but I had a hard time wanting to finish it.
BattleTorn  +   411d ago
Lol I've never finished the final missions :P

Despite 100+hrs clocked in online free roam
Fil101  +   410d ago
Know what you mean I had exactly the same issue and i'm a massive gta nut.
Indo  +   411d ago
Save the best for last, is the vibe I get when I see games like GTA V and TLOU perform beautifully on outdated gaming consoles.
Jovanian  +   411d ago
honestly the game looked hideous in some areas, but really good in others. it has certainly suffered in the visuals department as a result of being a last-gen game. Though I still eagerly anticipate it
porter470  +   411d ago
I thought that most of the screen shots released over the last few months were touched up lighting/saturation and running with high AA like 8x or more

Edit, images have been resized but am sure you you know what I mean

Related image(s)
#15 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Blacklash93  +   411d ago
All the other footage was likely running on PC hardware (as most multiplat games are built on). This is what the visuals are actually going to look like on consoles.
#16 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BattleTorn  +   411d ago
Don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked for GTA V - I have even booked a week off work :P

But that there is some BS - lots of assets missing from the earlier screenshots.

And R* is usually applauded for only showing in-game (on platform) in their marketing

/rant, continues being hyped ;)
#17 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Blacklash93  +   410d ago
"And remember people, there is no PC version announced(yet) so there's no reason why they should be releasing high end PC screenshots (with extra assets) than actual screenshots from the release platform."

That isn't true. Most games create their assets on PC hardware and then scale them down for consoles. Regardless whether or not a PC version actually exists.

The reason they would use spiced up graphics for screenshots and trailers is simple; the game looks better for marketing purposes. Or they also hadn't completely had the conversion to console hardware quite completed at the moment. Many games do this.
#17.1 (Edited 410d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sketchy_Galore  +   411d ago
IGN claimed in a preview that the game didn't look nearly as graphically impressive as it did in the trailers and instead just looked like 'GTA4 with an extra sheen' (if I remember correctly). Because of that I was overjoyed at the way it looked in that gameplay trailer. It doesn't look quite as good as the story trailers but it looks a lot cleaner and sharper than GTA4.
#18 (Edited 411d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RioKing  +   410d ago
I would put the graphics as on-par with RDR, but that's just my personal opinion..
kingduqc  +   411d ago
Prevous screnshot where bullshot or running on pc... Obv the real game on consoles will look not as good

Rosebud Games 'back in action', Working on Death in Candlewood Tie-In

12m ago - VRFocus - Earlier in the year indie developer Rosebud Games failed to achieve funding for an ambi... | PC

Activision CEO on open-world 'Call of Duty': 'Never say never'

15m ago - Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg discussed the possibilities of an open-world 'Call of Duty' game du... | Industry

More new Titanfall modes planned, but Respawn needs to "move on and do other things

17m ago - Titanfall will receive another DLC map pack, IMC Rising, later this autumn, and Respawn plans to... | PC

Dragon Age: Inquisition's co-op multiplayer revealed - expect microtransactions but "no paywall"

17m ago - Dragon Age: Inquisition will, indeed, have a multiplayer mode, created over two years by "a speci... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Nintendo Bringing Other Nintendo Characters Into Other Nintendo Game. Shock.

19m ago - Mikael Von Stroot for Fully 'Avin It writes: As that very famous saying goes, Nintendo be Nintend... | Wii U