Submitted by falcon 534d ago | news

Made in Brazil, PS3 beats Xbox 360 and increases sales by up to 50%

It took only a month: with a 40% reduction in price, depending on the mounting national lands, the PlayStation 3 and reverted the situation has returned to the best-selling video game in Brazil, leaving behind its main competitor, the Xbox 360 . (PS3)

pedrof93  +   534d ago
Viva o BRAZIL !

Maybe this is why I find so many brazilians on BF3 lately.
#1 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
yolanda12richards   534d ago | Spam
xXtremeHDGamerXx  +   534d ago
The power of PlayStation and the great games that are only on PlayStation.
IRetrouk  +   534d ago
Lord z, respect, wheres goldar nowadays?
PersonaPersons   534d ago | Spam
Maddens Raiders  +   534d ago
I don't know about other titles but there are a S***Load of Brazilians playing GT5 at any one time (because GT displays player's country of origin flags next to their names).

No seriously I mean a lot. With this news, I'm expecting a lot more Brazilian rooms.
#3 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(23) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jeffgoldwin  +   534d ago
A lot of these 3rd world countries gunna eat up ps3. You really cant blame them with the free online among other benefits.

The greatest enemy to ps4 sales might end up being ps3 discounted sales.
#3.1 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(20) | Report | Reply
thehitman  +   534d ago
@ Jeff
You just refer to the country thats going to host the next Olympics 3rd world? Ouch I am not even Brazilian and I think thats a tad disrepectful. Ignorance on the net these days...
S2Killinit  +   534d ago
I think Brazil has recently joined the 2nd world countries, if there is such a thing, but I don't think 3rd world should be considered a 'disrespect'. There are many countries in that category and its not like their life is less valuable that anybody else's.
adorie  +   534d ago
Brazil isn't 3rd world. They have 'one' of the largest economies on the planet.
oakshin  +   534d ago
they have the 3rd largest economy in the world 2 be exact
Hicken  +   534d ago
Anything to downplay positive Sony news, eh, Jeff?
SantistaUSA  +   534d ago
I'm from Brasil, I've been living in the States for 13 years now, and yes Brasil still is a 3rd world country, true the economy got a lot stronger and was the first country to get out of the recession, but it will be a 3rd world country for a long time, there's a lot that has to change and to be honest it might never change.
Bathyj  +   534d ago
Did you used to have that avatar years ago?
WeAreLegion  +   534d ago
Haha. I think he did! I wish N4G would let me go back to my old account. :/ People actually knew who I was back then.
Bathyj  +   534d ago
still got the same account from the day I started
Maddens Raiders  +   534d ago
Hahaa yes Bathy... a long time ago. Good to see you old friend.

@Legion, who are you, really lol?
#3.2.3 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Bathyj  +   534d ago
well, bubble up for the two old-school then.
BozoLoco  +   534d ago
I got to Brazil often for work and the PlayStation brand is not uncommon, even though it takes so long to get released there. The popularity of FIFA also helps PS seeing as though EA lead platform is PS3 (has been since around 2009).
HOLLYWOODLAND   534d ago | Spam
zu4G  +   534d ago
this proves that Playstation is more Popular and better console Worldwide ..
#6 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
PersonaPersons   534d ago | Spam
UNGR  +   534d ago
Considering household income is on the low I'd imagine they'd take the console with free online, it's expected.
C0MPUT3R  +   534d ago
PS3 is going to have a long, and prosperous life.
bjmartynhak  +   534d ago
Unfortunately X360 was more popular due to piracy. And I speak as brazilian.
TheTwelve  +   534d ago
...which is the core reason behind the X1s DRM policies.

...which Sony forced them to give up. So it'll be interesting to see how pirate-proof the X1 is next gen.

PersonaPersons   534d ago | Spam
KentBlake  +   534d ago
God, the ignorance of some people.
#11 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
KentBlake  +   534d ago
Check the answer PersonaPersons sent me on PM. Ignorant AND coward. It just perpetuates some american stereotypes we see around (which I know aren't true, of course).

"Is your food stamps,minimum wage, and irrelevant ass really talking to me. Get outta your shack and fix your abundance of crime problems and then come talk to me. English is the only language people need to know. Why would I learn a language of some country that is stuck in the stone age?"

Go learn history and geography and see about all you said. English is the only language? LOL. It's not even the language spoken by most people in the world. I didn't learn it because I needed to...but because I liked it.

And maybe, just maybe, learn english too.

"Are your food stamps,minimum wage, and irrelevant ass really talking to me?" would be the correct form, and don't forget your question marks when you're asking a question.
#11.1 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JAM_brz  +   534d ago
Man, this kind of people doesn't mean shit. I have americans friends in gaming that are nice and doesn't disrespect other people like this. This poor guy is just an american nerd that should be pretty bad playing games and lose all of the matches for us brazilians.
I'm so proud to be brazilian that I bring that to my nickname. So I just feel sorry for that idiot
#11.1.1 (Edited 534d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report

God Eater 2: Rage Burst for PS4 and PS Vita Gets a Big Load of New Screenshots

8m ago - Bandai Namco published a nice load of new screenshots and artwork of the upcoming JRPG for PS4 an... | PS4

Why Isn’t Steins;Gate Available On Steam?

12m ago - Siliconera got in touch with JAST USA founder Peter Payne to ask if he could share any insight as... | PC

We eat the Resident Evil curry, discover it’s very tasty, not at all itchy [Taste test]

12m ago - RN24: It might be hard to imagine, what the guns-blazing nature of its live-action film adaptatio... | Culture

Capcom On Ultra SFIV’s PC Netcode: “New Steam network API should help improve matters”

33m ago - Since its migration to Steamworks, Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition and Ultra Street Fighte... | PC

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

Destiny – How to Cheese Crota’s End Raid Final Boss

45m ago - Showing you the exploit which allows you to cheese Crota in Destiny, the final boss of the Crota’... | Xbox 360