Submitted by Prcko 531d ago | news

Final Fantasy XV Won E3 According To Japanese Gamers, Followed By MGS5 & Kingdom Hearts 3

The surveys indicated that Square Enix’s Final Fantasy 15, which formerly went by the name Final Fantasy Versus XIII, ranked first. This was followed by Kojima Productions’ Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and the long awaited announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3. (Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PS4, Xbox One)

DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   531d ago
FFXV and KH3 made E3 for me. Those were the biggest announcements for me. I got goosebumps when i saw those trailers that how excited I was for them. Even tho neither have release dates and KH3 is far off at least 2015+. It was still great to see.
FlameHawk  +   531d ago
Lol same here, when I saw FFXV, it made me forget about everything that happened and I was so damn excited, i started to laugh in excitement(mostly because of how the crowd reacted). And then I saw KH3 and I had a heart attack.
#1.1 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   531d ago
I know man especially KH3 that just came out of the blue. Then i saw the montage of all the games and was like "holy sh*t this is it its finally happening"! My heart skipped a few beats
#1.1.1 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
SegaSaturn669  +   531d ago
Yeah, I went pretty nuts when they showed the animation changing 13 vs to 15.

But given FF's popularity in JP, it's such a bad choice for M$ to release a year later there! This was an amazing opportunity to grab the marketshare of FF fans who were afflicted with ps4 shortage.
laura13mitzel   531d ago | Spam
black0o  +   531d ago
same thing is here .. i really didn't care that much about anyother game except MGS5
DonFreezer  +   531d ago
Nope and then again nope.They weren't the biggest announcements by any means.Those were two games that were supposed to come out years before and nothing was that surprising after all.The games that did it for me was Xenoblade 2 and Metal Gear Solid 5.The first one because it sure looks like the rpg of the decade and second one because it brought the Read Dead Redemption nostalgia back.
#1.5 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Mystogan  +   531d ago
I came when I heard both were coming to Xbox One.

Been waiting for KH3 for ages now.

As for FFXV, Ive been following it ever since it was announced, it looked so awesome with its dynamic and fluid combat system.
Prcko  +   531d ago
Final Fantasy XV is day 1 for me
i hope that i will get ps4 by then :)
#2 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
dedicatedtogamers  +   531d ago
"but but Final Fantasy is a dead franchise. It won't make any difference next gen..."

It's funny because even though a ton of people hated FF13 with such a passion, it still sold 7 million copies. Imagine what will happen when a next-gen FF comes out. Sure, it could disappoint, or it could sell like hotcakes.
DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   531d ago
Yea despite the hate the XIII series gets its sold close to 10mil across 2 games. XIII-2 has sold about 3mil even. I for one enjoyed the XIII series despite the negative feed back.

And FFXV looks even more amazing than XIII so im betting it will sell like hotcakes.
DonFreezer  +   531d ago
What most people don't understand is that if Final Fantasy XIII was released exclusively to the ps3 most people wouldn't complain and would find the game great.Since Square Enix made the right business move and brought the game to a wider audience all of a sudden XIII was shit and it's place took the other FF XIII Versus because it was exclusive.The game was never that bad to begin with it's just that ps fanboys downplayed it because they thought they have been "betrayed".
Roccetarius  +   531d ago
The first one sold well, because people expected a great FF game. What they got was far from it. The evidence is in the sales as well, since the 2nd isn't even near the first.
#3.2 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
DragonKnight  +   531d ago
Exactly. I was going to the say the same thing.
sashimi  +   531d ago
I was hyped as hell for FF13..So i bought it day one, was disappointed as hell. Hell my friend who is also a huge FF fan didn't even want to borrow it and i brought it over for him to try.

FF13-2...ugh i bought that game used just cause ppl kept saying it was better and while it is, it still didn't rekindle that FF magic of the PSone/ Ps2 era. So what did i do? i replayed FF8/9/X and i enjoyed the hell out of those >.>

The decline in sales was to be expected what with SE making crap decisions all around. Now FF13-3? man idgaf anymore -_-
#3.2.2 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(6) | Report
TongkatAli  +   531d ago
Final Fantasy 13 was horrible, but you make something over 13 times it ain't going to always be awesome.

That's way new ips are important because it makes things more neutral. People start worshiping the recycled ip to the point of ignorance, we see plenty of that in gaming.
#3.2.3 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(9) | Report
NihonjinChick  +   531d ago
The second still sold better than most JRPGs. It was one of the best selling games in Japan that year.
KarateExplosion  +   531d ago
I agree, I was excited to see FFXV and KH3 but.... Just please SquareEnix... Don't hurt me again like you did with FF13...
FinalFantasyFan  +   527d ago
@TongkatAli

While FF13 in itself is a bad game, compared to most of what came out this gen, it's one of the best games. But if FF15 managed to get it right, we might get a once-a-decade true masterpiece.
j-blaze  +   531d ago
not surprised, these are some of the best games shown at E3 and they're all Japanese too, makes me happy and proud as a fan of Japan :)
HammadTheBeast  +   531d ago
Agreed. FF will be great again through XV.
DragonKnight  +   531d ago
The interest for a good Final Fantasy game has never, and I'd wager will never, wane. Final Fantasy is a beloved franchise with a deep history in the gaming industry, people will always come to expect great things from it even if a stain like FFXIII exists.

Personally speaking, FFXV and KH3 got me the most excited out of new (or in FFXV's case, newish) games shown at E3. I really hope that Nomura's direction will wash away the bad taste of the FFXIII trilogy and get Final Fantasy back on track.
Modi1984  +   531d ago
next Gen

brace yourselfs .. the Japanese are coming
fsfsxii  +   531d ago
Please take your stupid references to 4chan
Modi1984  +   531d ago
By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   531d ago
Not surprised by this at all.
chestnut1122  +   531d ago
Off Topic, I hope western people would prefer Killzone rather than COD. Killzone deserves more than what COD has.
#8 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   531d ago
cant wait to play ff vs13 (15) and kh3 on my brand new xbox one
TongkatAli  +   531d ago
Someone told me Japan doesn't care about Final Fantasy XV. He is a Shin Megami Fanboy, cute.
webeblazing  +   531d ago
WHAT. seriously. forealz. yo yo yo dog i would of never guessed it.
terrorofdeath  +   531d ago
Take notes, Square Enix, and deliver.
HmongAmerican  +   531d ago
When I finally saw the swordplay and the CGI like graphics for FF XV. It remind me of a lots of FF Advent Children. Can't believes we have reach these level of details already. Also KH3 is going another fan service dream come true. Thanks SE.
Salooh  +   531d ago
Already ?. It should have been this way 2 years ago. This generation is old as hell . The only games that kept me going are far cry 3 , tomb raider , bioshock infinite , Metal gear rising and the last of us. Without these games i would have quit playing . Even with these games i still don't feel like to play a lot. Games are too easy for me , not interesting because of the old tech . Just imagine the last of us on ps4 . Why waste this idea on this old tech . Same with GT6 , GTAV and Beyond two souls. To hell with sales , i want them to take full advantage of the vision if the develop kit is available to them . It's like releasing mirror edge 2 on current generation because of the sales so the vision is completely gone and we get just small tweaks , different story and different places without any differences that worth a sequel. Instead of that we get open world mirror edge game. I love serious developers. They are the reason that keep me playing..
KingMe42  +   531d ago
I don't want to be an a-hole since FF is be best friends favorite series. But even he a die hard fan agrees FF has become the COD of RPG's.
KwietStorm  +   531d ago
Can you break that down? Are you just talking about there being a lot of titles in the franchise?
Salooh  +   531d ago
You should love this game if you are a FF fan because this is obviously different then the current generation FF games. They were trying to make it for a long time. If you want great FF games you must support this or Lightning will strike you again with dumb games. Then it will be your lost..
kewlkat007  +   531d ago
The Japanese, which are buying less consoles these days..Naw,I thought they would of gone with a shooter...
#15 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Sevir  +   531d ago
Honestly, when i saw Tetsuya on the video reel I got butterflies in my stomach
The reveal of FFXV was incredible,it looked fantastic. Lol, simply couldn't believe how a 7 year development and a jump in technology would really make me this excited... When Kingdom Hearts 3 was revealed I became an infected from The Last of Us with how I was grunting! That made my night.

I'm excited for both these games and I'll be playing them on the platform that has Gamers in mind. PS4
elda  +   531d ago
100%AGREED!!!
KwietStorm  +   531d ago
Getting kinda tired of surveys and all these numbers. I just want my PS4.
FFXV is day none for me. It's bad enough they canceled FFvs13 for PS3 (much like they'll cancel KH3 on PS4 to put it on PS5) but the fact that FFXV is nothing but a Kingdom Hearts clone makes it even worse than the FF13 games in terms of Final Fantasy.

Square-Enix is irrelevant these days now that they've killed the Final Fantasy franchise. Squaresoft knew what they were doing unlike Square-Enix.
elda  +   531d ago
I love the FF franchise,I was excited for FF-XIII for the PS3 & enjoyed it,I'm excited for FFXV for the PS4 also,the trailer blew me away it looks like a future masterpiece & seeing the teaser for KH3 was exciting also,have to agree with the japanese gamers also with the revealing of the PS4 & FFXV & KH3 made my E3 day.
#19 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Muigi  +   531d ago
Those were the games that got me personally the most excited.
Agent_hitman  +   531d ago
I agree with that. FFXV, MGS5 and KH3 won E3.

But I also love Watch Dogs, BF4 and The division, those game looks promising..
Chrono  +   531d ago
MGS5 and FFXV were the two best games shown on E3.
e-p-ayeaH  +   531d ago
yes nothing stands aside these 2.
EXVirtual  +   531d ago
FFXV is an automatic pre-order. That trailer man made me fanboy like crazy. Same goes for FFXV.
francknara6  +   531d ago
MGSV + FFXV + Xeno U = Japan won E3 for me.
The trailers were... Just... No word.

I really hope Japan will be back this gen. Things like The Division, Killzone, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Ryse, Driveclub, Destiny or Titanfall didn't wow me. At all.
EXVirtual  +   531d ago
Yeah. I feel like Japanese devs are ready to go be the best devs next gen. FFXV and KH3 will be the flagships for Square Enix. And Monoliths X. Dude that is gonna be a bombshell. In my comment above I meant 'Same goes for KH3' I was fanboying over FFXV so much. Lol. One question are you getting PS4 and Wii U??
francknara6  +   531d ago
Personally i already own a WiiU, i will buy a PS4 at launch with my money of the summer job, and i will ask for a One at christmas. And i have a 3DS and a Vita (yes, i know...), so i'm pretty next gen-ready. Exciting times. :)
francknara6  +   531d ago
Oh and we have all forgotten about The Last Guardian, could be at TGS...
#25 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
e-p-ayeaH  +   531d ago
The best games are japanese.

Next Tabata’s Active Time Report penned in for February

59m ago - The next time we hear from Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata won’t likely be until February... | PS4

Ample Source Material Makes Expanding Pokkén Tournament Easy, Says Harada

59m ago - During the same interview where he provided the first bit of Tekken x Street Fighter information... | Industry

This PS4 Virtual Reality Title Is About a Man and a Giant Robot

59m ago - Push Square: "Sony announced Project Morpheus really early so that developers could experiment wi... | PS4

Steam Holiday Sale Day Four Deals

1h ago - Hardcore Gamer - The fourth day of Steam‘s winter sale is upon is, and a slew of deals are now av... | PC

Win a PS4!!

Now - Join us on Filmwatch to find out how you can win a free PS4 this holiday season! | Promoted post

These Club Nintendo Testimonials Aren't Very Convincing

1h ago - Hardcore Gamer: On the Club Nintendo site, there is a little tab where they explain why you shoul... | Culture