Submitted by PositiveEmotions 531d ago | video

Knack PS4 Gameplay - New PS4 Offscreen Gameplay

Knack PS4 Gameplay - New PS4 Offscreen Gameplay (Knack, PS4)

Attached Video
Relientk77  +   531d ago
Can't wait for this game at launch
Abash  +   531d ago
I really love this game's combat gameplay, it's also cool that Knack can use the homing attack like Sonic the Hedgehog does
abzdine  +   530d ago
a game made by the father PS4, how can i say no to it?
awesomeperson  +   531d ago
I have to say, I like the end part of this gameplay (around 8 minutes) much more than what they showed on Jimmy Fallon. I really do hope the game delivers.

I may not get it at launch, but I do plan to a tad bit further down the line.
Epic_Troy  +   530d ago
This is a game for kids tbh.....I better not see any grown men playing this game
Boody-Bandit  +   530d ago
Well you better close your eyes because this grown ass man will be playing him some Knack day 1.
#1.3.1 (Edited 530d ago ) | Agree(35) | Disagree(3) | Report
brodychet  +   530d ago
Lmao wow, who does this kid think he is? XD

Knack looks amazing, I'll be playing for sure :O
bjmartynhak  +   530d ago
God of War for kids!

I really tried to see more gameplay and check if I was wrong. But the combat is really simple, with no puzzles and the levels are just too linear (and I'm not a big fan of open world).

I was expecting at least more diversification in the use of the particles. But you can only get large.
DialgaMarine  +   530d ago
I'm a grown ass man, and I've already preordered this, along with Killzone, Infamous and The Order. When I am playing this game on my PS4, what are you going to have to say? I can save your time right here and right now by telling you that I don't give a flying donkey f*ck. The game is like a Pixar movie, something that will be fun and enjoyable for all ages, and I'm looking foward to playing that as well as other PS4 games.

Not to mention, I really don't see how this game is made for little kids only, seeing as War and guns are among the themes. Please tell me you're not one of the morons who said that LBP and Kinectimals were the same shit, are you?
Aceman18  +   530d ago
40 yr old dude here who will be buying this game.
DragonKnight  +   530d ago
@Not-so-Epic_Troy: Who are you to tell people what games they can play at what age?

Grown ups can do what they want with their own money.
bjmartynhak  +   530d ago
My problem is not being for kids actually. It is the repetitive gameplay. Just hope to be wrong.
JLT-Sandwitch  +   530d ago
Ha age doesn't mean you can't have fun. I'll be getting knack on launch. Last couple of weeks I went and saw monsters university and despicable me 2. Guess thats bad too. Went and saw them with my gf though, just like this is the kind of game she'd play with me. Guess you don't have to worry about that huh
Kanzes  +   530d ago
This game should've released on PS3.. not PS4.. I prefer a new LBP/Crash than this.

The only good things about this game are UE4 and the particles
#1.4 (Edited 530d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(17) | Report | Reply
Mainsqueeze  +   530d ago
Im honestly not that interested in this game.
llMurcielagoll  +   530d ago
You and me both, Relientk77.
Foolsjoker  +   531d ago
Reminds me of Crash.
PositiveEmotions  +   531d ago

On topic: yeah i want to pre order this game
mafiahajeri  +   531d ago
Will be a great family game. The graphics look amazing like a pixar movie. Its crazy how we never thought we would get graphics like movies like Toy Story yet here we are...

Looks like a great game to relax playing after a MP SESSION IN Killzone Shadow Fall :P
#4 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
xPhearR3dx  +   531d ago
With all the particles and effects, this game would be 100x cooler with PhysX.
Foxgod  +   531d ago
Havok would be a better option.
Physx is gpu only, and you dont want to let the GPU do extra work, while you got plenty of cores on your cpu to do all that work.

Gpgpu like techniques became obsolete thanks to multi core processing.
Back in the days when processors had only one thread they where constantly bottlenecked by physics, but now with multiple threads per cpu, its pointless to offload physics to the gpu.
#5.1 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Salooh  +   530d ago
This is just a launch game. Imagine what they will do in the future with this type/art/vision . So much potential. however, I think kids will enjoy this. But it's not really for me..
PSX04  +   531d ago
i will buy this game at launch with ps4
#6 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
JackVagina  +   531d ago
i hope it ends up being like mutant blobs attack where you get bigger and bigger to eventually you're the size of buildings and then mountains
OrangePowerz  +   531d ago
Looking forward to the game and hope it will be a good game. I like playing platformers, that's why I still play the Rachet and Clank and Jak and Daxter collections. Would like to also get a new R&C game for PS4.
Pascalini  +   531d ago
So what's so good about this game?

Looks like a kids game?

Think I will leave it to be honest I can't see why people want it - kind of reminds me of the Lego games
#9 (Edited 531d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Funky Town_TX  +   531d ago
Its a PS4 exclusive and thats all. This game could be done on PS3.
JimCom95  +   530d ago
no it couldn't, Mark Cerny has stated the particle physics simulation they use for Knack is beyound something the PS3 could handle
and this vid and others don't do the graphics justice, this game has pixar like graphics.
#9.1.1 (Edited 530d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report
OrangePowerz  +   531d ago
Not every game needs to be a shooter that has you kill thousands of people and the Lego games are good.
Aceman18  +   530d ago
so damn true NOT every game needs shooting, death, blood, and gore. i think a lot of people seem to forget that games are suppose to be about fun, and if this game will bring that for some more power to it.
Mainsqueeze  +   530d ago
Its not the fact that its not a shooter thats turning ppl off i think. For me its the repetitiveness of it and thats only like a 15min clip, i cant imagine playing this game for any longer. Tons of great games arent shooters but they are also good games.
Kanzes  +   530d ago
but LBP, Crash and LEGO are MORE interesting than this game.. Even the car couldn't be destroyed on this game
Salooh  +   530d ago
Exactly , i wish if they went deep with it like crash. But it's not like we are forced to buy this . There are many other options for adults..
MestreRothN4G  +   530d ago
This game is the clear proof that new generation does not necessarily mean gaming evolution.

You're saying this could be done in ps3.

Well, I see ps2 design level there.
DigitalRaptor  +   530d ago
I can agree that we've seen nothing yet that shouts "next gen" about Knack, but then again we've seen practically nothing, and as has been mentioned its particle physics that aren't possible on weaker hardware. Mark Cerny is a certified genius and I don't think he is firing short on making an impressive game on impressive hardware.

And in regards to your "kids game" comment: Jak & Daxter and LittleBigPlanet also look like kids games and many Nintendo's flagship titles also appear the same, but we all know better.
#9.5 (Edited 530d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
latincooker214  +   531d ago
it looks like alot of fun i can't wait PS4 FTW:)
Bathyj  +   530d ago
actually I found it kind of disappointing. the lack of destruction with his attacks simply going through buildings and cars kills the immersion for me. and the gameplay looked really simple. I hope you absorb a lot of powers as you change shape and get a lot of combos. the game would be so much better if there were buildings and stuff crumbling everywhere. hopefully it gets better, but I think I'll be passing on this one.
#11 (Edited 530d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Sadist3  +   530d ago
What's so cool about this game? Did you guys watch a different trailer than I did? Cause I didn't see anything exciting besides him punching enemies that were afraid to fight back
sorane  +   530d ago
Yeah I can't say this game looks impressive at all. I just don't get it....
HG_69   530d ago | Spam
Turbotoby  +   530d ago
I know it's quite a while till it comes out so there's time to improve it, But does anyone else think that Knack feels really empty and lifeless? The enemies seem forced and the environment isn't anything new (kinda reminds me of Sonic 06, empty and boring :/ ). I just hope they improve the overall atmosphere of the game before launch because it has a lot of potential.
Veni Vidi Vici  +   530d ago
That's what I thought. There are hardly any enemies or life in the environment and the few enemies that are there have pathetic AI. Then you look for puzzles and it's all the same easy stuff. The fighting is also too simplistic and repetitive.

I was interested in this game but after watching that, I think I'll wait and see.
Funky Town_TX  +   530d ago
Hype trash train. I sure hope lots of money was not used on this game.
jcnba28  +   530d ago
The level design looks like it came from a PS2 game and gameplay seems very simple.
Mr-SellJack  +   530d ago
Man people seem foolish nowadays this looks like a gr8 game for all ages and looks pretty fun to play
Gambit07  +   530d ago
Sorry Knack fans, this looks like sh*t.
RenegadeRocks  +   530d ago
Wish we had Ratchet Game as launch title instead. Fixed camera and don't like the way Knack moves and combat seems shallow too.
Rhezin  +   530d ago
Anything Mark Cerny, day 1.
the_espresso_kid  +   530d ago
The graphics are actually pretty good, vibrant colors, clean level design, nice edges on everything. Graphics like this were promised since the SNES days for casual kid friendly games and in that sense it delivers.

As for gameplay, difficulty, i could see this being more difficult on hard but this isn't really on my radar. I will say this, if this gets 90s on metacritic, I'll cop it.
isarai  +   530d ago
For people that don't get why people like me would be excited for this game, it's because we like 3D platformers, and classic style gameplay and have more than likely grew up on these types of games (3D platformer golden age). it's simple, provides a laid back sort of challenge, has a creative aesthetic that's easy on the eyes, and is overall a breath of fresh air over all the gloom and doom, gore and violence, run and gun, gritty and dramatic games that flood the market these days. It's not something that would make me cry, fill me with anger, induce adrenaline, or require mass thought, it's a game i can just sit back play and enjoy. That doesn't mean it's a "kids game" if that were the case i guess Zelda, LBP, Mario, Sly, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers BFD, Crash bandicoot, Spyro, Ratchet and clank, and Jak series is just for kids
OrangePowerz  +   530d ago
Well said. I love games like TLoU, Mass Effect and so on, but at the same time I also enjoy games like R&C, J&D, Crash Bamdicoot, Spyro, Gex, LBP and so on as well. I still play the good old platformers on my retro consoles because they are fun and a nice change from all the shooting.
Mainsqueeze  +   530d ago
Yeah but there wasnt really any platforming either...most of the time the dude was on rails and fought against like 1-3 enemies and constantly did his little jump dash attack. I love platformers too but this looks like nothing special or innovative in that department.

EA Origin Store: 20% Off Everything

4m ago - Gamerdeals: "Save 20% Off PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, and PC video games at... | Nintendo DS

GamesAsylum - Never Alone – Review

4m ago - GamesAsylum: "Never Alone’s background alone is remarkable – it comes from a development team com... | PC

CVG (Computerandvideogames) to close - World's oldest games media brand shuts its doors

5m ago - Eurogamer: "Computerandvideogames - the website of the long-running CVG brand - will close, publ... | Industry

World of Tanks – New British Tanks Added

5m ago - As you know, the public tests for World of Tanks version 9.5 are now open which means that, soon,... | PC

Are you bored?

Now - Watch 10 seconds videos about games and game culture at COUB Gaming... | Promoted post

Bandai Namco Games And DeviantArt Come Together For Outcast Odyssey Design Contest

6m ago - DeviantArt and BANDAI NAMCO Games will be partnering for an exciting new character design contest... | iPhone