Submitted by OriginalPSP 374d ago | opinion piece

Why pick sides in the next-gen console wars?

Scott asks why die-hard gamers feel they need to draw lines in the sand with the next console generation when all systems have things to offer. (Culture, Industry, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One)

Corpser  +   374d ago
Because some people just can't afford all (heck many can barely afford one), so they need to find reasons to justify their choice. The rest of us are enjoying all the games. I can't think of a generation that I would only want to game on just one platform, you miss out on so many games!
Tvensky  +   374d ago
its not only cant afford.. many of them could afford to buy all 3 next gen consoles... but in reality who can spend so much time with gaming... its impossible.. if you have some money you must be working.. if you are working you must be an adult and have a family.. if you are having family and work.. you must be full of things to do.... the older I get, the less time I spend with games.. now I choose carefully what to buy, just to save some money and time!

So now is the time when developers really need to impress me.. if no, then no buy! the less I play the higher are my standards, I just want to pick the biggest piece of cake in shortest time possible...

games like GT, GTA, Fallout and BF etc... saves my day!
#1.1 (Edited 374d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
hellzsupernova  +   374d ago
I'm an adult with money but no family bomb gaming time :D
WarThunder  +   373d ago
I can not afford all 3 consoles and no time to play all games.

I have a PC and going to buy only a PS4...
PC for multi-platforms and PS4 for its great exclusives! btw GranTurismo is the biggest reason i buy a Playstation.
#1.1.2 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report
MikeMyers  +   373d ago
Well you have 4 categories. One is those who buy multiple systems so they enjoy what each has to offer. Then you have the gamer who is a bit more casual and might just buy one or two systems because of time so it's not really about money. Third you have those who don't have a lot of money, for games anyway, so they pick and choose what interest them most. Lastly you have the loyalist, the one who will support one system way more than the others and validate their decision on a daily basis and try and sell that same platform to everyone else. They will also put down the competition the most and build a wedge between what they like and what others may like.

What category do you think fits most people here?
I_am_Batman  +   374d ago
The thing is that I could afford more than one console but like myself, a lot of people don't have enough time to play all the games. My backlog on PS3 alone is huge and I probably never get to play all the games I initially wanted to play. I know it would be nice to play all those games but I don't see a reason of buying another console when I didn't even play a lot of the highlights on PS3.
#1.2 (Edited 374d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
green  +   374d ago
Maybe you have the time to game on all platforms but i do not. I can afford to buy all next gen consoles even if they dropped on the same day without a problem but there is absolutely no way i can play all the games available on them.

In a week, i can squeeze-out at most 4 hours of gaming and that is even a stretch and because of that, i have missed out on a lot of games this gen especially those released in the past 18 months. So i wont even be getting a next gen console until 2014 because i need to at least play, Halo 4, Gears of War 3 and a few other games.
#1.3 (Edited 374d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
cuz sony got 30 exclusives and the Last Of uS devs are not on xbox. soooo
awesomeperson  +   373d ago
I could afford to get all the consoles, but I find that the vast majority of games are available on both. Therefore it comes down to exclusives.

And at the exclusive level, I simply pick the console which appeals most to me, and what I have the most confidence with.

I do regret on missing out on games, but it's just not worth the money when I wouldn't spread my time throughout all three consoles. Not to mention I simply don't have the time to play all the games available on one console, nevermind all three!
MEsoJD  +   373d ago
Buying all 3 isn't really practical.So I go for the best perceived value for my money. Right now, the ps4 is a buy. I can live without the other two to be honest.
christian hour  +   373d ago
(Not including PC's and commodores/amstrads/andwhathav eyou... just the big boys)

I had a nes and a master system
I had a snes and a sega
I had a gameboy and a gamegear
I had a ps1 and an n64
I had a ps2, a gamecube, a psp and an xbox
I had a ps3, a wii, an xbox360 and a DS

I had planned to buy each console every gen.

I was about the games, not the companies.

But after what microsoft did, they actually made it impossible for me to go multi-console next gen. So not only was I pissed off with their policies, but pissed off that this was going to get in the way of the games I loved.

Now this was before the 180; I would say things like "Its a shame, Even if a good game comes out for it that could convince me to buy it, my stance on consumer rights (and our rights in general) is too important to me that I cannot support such a system."

However after the 180, that did give me a glimmer of hope, "maybe now I can buy this console for its exclusives and not worry about whatever sneaky tactics microsoft are planning next to feck with consumers." Of course I'm still extremely hesitant about the console, and will continue to treat it as if it was "The Thing" posing as a friendly chum, or someone smuggling a xenomorph in his chest.

Why pick sides? I didnt want to, microsoft made that decision for me when they made their console nothing but a giant middle finger to consumers.

I will probably get an xbox one now that theyve gotten rid of some of the bad stuff (could still do with gertting rid of some more but I realise this is M$ I'm talking about) but I'll wait until its 3-4 years into its life cycle and has some decent exclusives worthy of a buy... is it wishful thinking to imagine that happening?

I'll get the wii-u as soon as theres a new zelda, or I might just keep playing wind waker on my gamecube and ignore the horrible hd remake :P
#1.7 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RedHawkX  +   373d ago
because we want the best side to win so that we all win. we dont want a crap console to win so that we get crap games. we want the best console to win so we get the best games. Thats why im choosing the ps4 side because it makes since from every stat perspective from either console. If everyone just gets the ps4 we all win and we all will have a ton of people to play online with and chat with as well as a ton and ton of exclusive games like the last of us.

it only make since to get a ps4 and wii u and pc this gen because these are the consoles that have a sufficient amout of actual exclusives and great games in many genres.

the question should be why pick the xbox one when you can pick a ps4 and wii u and have way more games and stronger hardware.
#1.8 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
hduce  +   373d ago
I agree with having more than one platform and when the Xbox One and PS4 release I will sit them next to my Wii U and gaming PC and be generation 8 complete. I have always been a multiple console owner since the Atari/Colecovision days. Getting a console at launch can be expensive as hell but I knew they were coming and I was able to save up for them. I think each platform offers something different and unique so I don't want to miss out on anything that might interest me. I am a totally unbiased gamer.
PopRocks359  +   374d ago
I already made a blog about this. I think some people, for one reason or another, close their mind off to what the competition offers.

People have fibbed time and time again that I somehow hate Sony and Microsoft just because I like Nintendo, but that's anything but the truth. The PS4 has an immensely promising lineup and even the shoddily at best revealed Xbox One has some interesting content that I definitely want to play.

The only ones who completely shut themselves off from the other guys are probably the ones who fall into the age old category/label of "fanboy."
christian hour  +   373d ago
I find it tends to be insecure people that need to justify their purchase as the correct one. People who tend to live in a morally black and white/good versus evil world tend to have this mentality; that spending money on something and then hearing someone else got a better deal by spending their money on a competitors product, people will then defend their decision to the death, rather than look inwardly and question themselves or just be happy with what they got.

When people hear good news about the product they purchased and bad news about the competitor, they most definitely get a rush of endorphin's and why wouldnt they want that to continue? They are after all, only human. So when they see bad stuff being said about their purchase, they'll do wahtever it takes to turn that statement around into sweet sweet endorphin release, maybe by oh i dunno, starting a flame war in the comments section of a news story relating to the competition.

Its part of the human condition and it is everywhere, religion, sports, goverment, family etc the list goes on. We are slaves to our natural chemical highs and sometimes we will act like morons, idiots and downright liars just to get back to that good feeling.

And if the others don't like it, we'll start a holy war to boost our egos and burn them at the stake...

I'm not the greatest wordsmith and although well-read and have a good grasp and understanding of a lot of things, I am terrible at communicating those things. Like utterly, woefully abysmal at this stuff, so if anythign I said above does not make sense or I missed a point or two, Apologies :)
#2.1 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DoesUs  +   374d ago
Because most people are in the unfortunate postition of only being able to afford one system.
DARK WITNESS  +   373d ago
I think when we say afford, there is a lot of economics to it.

it's not just a money issue. Like many have said above, time plays a big factor.
DoesUs  +   373d ago
For sure, but i was just mentioning the biggest hurdle.
thelaughingwiseman  +   374d ago
I just want a system that is easy for me and family/friends to access and have a good time away from the stress of life.
mayberry  +   374d ago
Some, (even "hardcore"),gamers just dont feel the need for multiple systems, especially considering the ps3/360 generation and the next ps4/xbone generation systems offer so much entertainment options for our gaming hobby money. My launch ps3 60G has been on at least 4, sometimes 24 hours a day... every day... since I got it. exclusive games were my deciding factor, even though I eventually picked up a 360 years later for cheap.
Foxgod  +   374d ago
A lot of us dont.
I for example just want to purchase an X1, this gets me automatically shoved into a camp.

Its kinda like a prison, during the first lunch you have to sit down somewhere, whatever place you pick becomes your gang and you instantly get hated by the others.

The reason i pick the X1, is because i dont want to miss out on its exclusives, Mostly Forza, Killer Instinct, Halo and Dead rising.
Theres no other reason to it.

Its not like i pick the X1 because the Ps4 exists, i would have still gotten the X1 if the Ps4 didnt exist, so the other camp is not the reason for me to be in the X1 camp.
#6 (Edited 374d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
No_Limit  +   374d ago
good post Fox,

It is all about the games. I just like Xbox exclusives better with Forza, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, and I especially like the potential of a game like Project Spark. Not really into Killzone or Knack but I will definitely pick up a PS4 in a few years when they have Uncharted 4, God of War, and some other great first party exclusives out.
#6.1 (Edited 374d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
Foxgod  +   374d ago
Tnx, and i fully agree, desire for a platform comes with the games, not with the platform itself.
Lvl_up_gamer  +   373d ago
I can't agree with this.

If we took away all the exclusives for all consoles, there are WAY more multiplats that I think are much better to play then many/most of the exclusives found on all platforms.

Once upon a time when i was young, i bought consoles for the purpose of gaming. I am much older now and want more out of the console i own. Features of the console is just as important to me as the games are.

PS1 - bought it for the games
PS2 - bought it for the games and DVD player
PS3 - bought it for the games and Blu-ray
PS4 - ..... Nothing new added

Xbox - Bought it for the games and DVD player
Xbox 360 - bought it for the games and XBL
XB1 - buying it for the games and complete entertainment system HUB all in one functionality.

I just prefer a console that can do more then sit there and be a little black box that just plays games.

For me, XB1 is that system that just offers more.

When the PS4 comes down in price, i will pick one up.
#6.1.2 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(6) | Report
green  +   374d ago
Well said Foxgod. I have been an Xbox gamer this gen because i liked what it offered. The start of a new gen, i evaluate what the console makers have to offer so my allegiance lies with no one. Prior to the DRM U-turn, i was going ahead with the PS4 though i have seen nothing new that the system is bringing over current gen apart from more power. But now, i am going with the X1 because the games shown so far are more appealing to me. Quantum Break, Forza 5, D4, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, TitanFall and Dead Rising all look stunning.

The inclusion of a Kinect2 in every box sold in my opinion is genius and i do not mind paying extra for it because it is now an excellent device and i believe in the near future, you will see some devs that will implement Kinect functionality in their games in very innovative ways. If it was not there, there will be no incentive to use it.

Does that mean i hate the PS4? Absolutely not. I think it is a great system and i hope those that choose it over an X1 find great joy in it. But please don't sh*t all over me because my purchase differs from yours.
#6.2 (Edited 374d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
g4me_he4d  +   373d ago
No one should be persecuted for their own decision to purchase something they like. I have mentioned this to my friend over and over that "its your money and you should spend it however you choose if you see value."

Although I am looking forward to getting a PS4, I do not hold anything against anyone who wants something different. But I will say that I'm glad none of us were prepared to bend over to corporate greed.
DARK WITNESS  +   373d ago
I agree to a point which is why I am running with the ps4 now.

I have been an xbox gamer since the first xbox but I honestly feel burnt out on the xbox exclusives.

When I think about exclusive games I am no longer just thinking about the games coming out at launch but also the games coming in the long term. MS has managed to kill off a number of franchises that would have been big sellers for me. Also when I look at the current state of the 360 exclusives now compared to the PS, it's clear that sony has a long term plan.

I don't want to get the xb1 now for a few exclusives and then latter down the road it all dries up and the only thing left are the same tired 1st party games (halo, fable, forza etc) and kinect 2.0 party games.

I jump in party chat with friends and all we do is chat because it feels like there is hardly anything new to play and no new exclusives in sight.

I would have said well it's because they are getting all their games ready for next gen, but I can't use that as an excuse when Sony have manged to still release new IP's from their first party studios while still working on more next gen games then the xbone.

I don't think it was the best move investing in all this 6 months exclusive dlc crap and I can't help but wonder if the xb1 will just end up pulling off the same crap.
RedHawkX  +   373d ago
you would still get an xbox one even if those games you named were exclusive to the ps4. you would just insert random xbox one exclusive to justify your bias for the xbox.
jessupj  +   373d ago
Honest question.

Are you expecting for MS to continue to release quality exclusives through out the whole of next gen or will they do what they did this gen?

It's a very important question that I keep bringing up, but no one seems to have an answer. At least the people getting an xbone seem to keep ignoring the question.

I'll admit that the x1 line up could be more impressive than the PS4, however, I have absolutely no intention of getting one because MS pretty much dropped support for the core gamers half way through this gen.

I would have thought this would have been an issue for a lot more people.
#6.4 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
hduce  +   373d ago
@jessupj I think Microsoft has taken a look at the complaints about Xbox exclusives and I think they are going to try and address them. If they succeed in this, that remains to be determined. They are making efforts though as they will lean on third parties for exclusives and I read where they were buying up some studios and creating studios for more exclusives. The one thing about Microsoft is that they have very deep pockets.
Foxgod  +   373d ago
Yes i do, i dont expect them to close their first party studio´s they have worked so hard on the past 5 years.
hduce  +   373d ago
@Foxgod You are entitled to buy whatever console you like and I think it's good that you picked the Xbox One for reasons of your own. The thing that I respected most about your post is you told us your choice, gave us your reasons, and did not bash others for their choice of consoles. I guess some of the fanboys felt threatened by your choice and that's why you have so many disagrees.
#6.5 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Foxgod  +   373d ago
You are probably right.
-GametimeUK-  +   374d ago
Sony offers everything I need. There is no need to "side" with anybody else. I mean this in the least fanboy way possible.
Hanso  +   374d ago
agree
though im gonna get a wii u someday for bayonetta 2 and the wonderful 101 from PG Games
GenericNameHere  +   374d ago
This gen, I was fortunate enough to have a Wii (in August 2007), a 40 GB Phat PS3 (in December 2007), and an Xbox 360 Elite (in 2008). In fact, I was so lucky, I got TWO of each. A second PS3 (Slim) because my Phat YLOD'd in December 2009. A second Wii because we gave away the first one, and I wanted to play Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (and Tatsunoko vs Capcom was coming soon), and my Elite RROD'd, so I got a 120 GB Xbox 360 S.

Out of all those, I played my PS3 the most. Last gen, the OG Xbox was my console of choice. But I barely played it (despite most of my friends having a 360 than a PS3). So I felt the Xbox 360 was a waste of money for me.
I had good times with my Wii. I played TvC for hours with my cousin, and have competitions. DKC on the SNES was one of the first 5 games I've ever played, so I spent a lot of time on DKCR (which was meh. I missed the original art style from, so I was bummed throughout the whole game). Also spent a combined 100+ hours on both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

So next gen, my first console will definitely be a PS4, as the PS3 was my most played console last gen. Xbox One so far has NOTHING that interests me (just like how the Xbox 360 unfortunately had NOTHING that interested me, and the only reason I got one was because I used to be an OG Xbox fanboy... And very few games like Blue Dragon and the 360-only Naruto games). The Wii U... Always down for Smash and Zelda. Shame I'll be missing out on Wind Waker HD (which is MY favorite Zelda game), but I'll wait for a few more games and a price drop.

So, which (Xbox) ONE is (Playstation) 4 (Wii) U??
Bennibop  +   374d ago
because only one of the consoles looks worth purchasing! (thats PS4 if you were wondering!)
from the beach  +   374d ago
I'll get all three consoles.. but it's impossible not to prefer one.
stinson_out  +   374d ago
I'm going to be picking up both on launch day. Mainly because I love both systems for different reasons. And to have the benefit of getting to play each consoles exclusives. I also know friends who are doing the same even tho none of us are financial well off but the launch is 4-5ish months away. Plenty of time to start saving and have the best of both worlds.
MMEHTA  +   374d ago
I'm really interested in the xbox one and the PS4, i will probably get both as i already have the WII U. I'm mostly interested in the Xbox one, wasn't going to buy it before the DRM shit but now it's gone. The main reason i prefer the Xbox one and PS4 is because the current gen i loved playing multi plat's on the Xbox and Exclusives of PS3. Glad that MS is increasing the franchises of Xbox. I'm Gonna be broek by the end of the year lol.
smokeyjoekenobi  +   374d ago
There are a few defensible reasons to pick just one console i.e. financial, brand loyalty, ignorance (it is bliss you know), but its very difficult to understand how brand preference turns into seething, frothing hatred of the console/consoles you don't own. I think it may have something to do with hiding behind the internet wall of anonymity?!
vikingland1  +   374d ago
@smokeyjoekenobi
You get a well said bubble from me sir.
smokeyjoekenobi  +   373d ago
Firan  +   374d ago
The only thing that bothers me about most fanboys is their ignorance.
Wizziokid  +   374d ago
I currently own a Wii U and have my PS4 on order, I'm not picking a side i'm picking value.

Now that does sound bad saying value and Wii U in the same sentence since they haven't released any of the top games yet but they are coming.

I'll happily buy an X1 if MS ever do decide to ditch mandatory Kinect. until they I just can't see myself buying one. Which isn't a big loss since games like TitanFall will be on PC= and no doubt PS4 within the year, don't argue that because we all know it's a timed exclusive since respawn said don't rule out the PS4 in the future.
Foxgod  +   373d ago
Nothing bad about wanting a Wii-U
Up to E3 i had absolutely zero interest in the WiiU, but Mario Kart8 changed my opinion, i am getting one next April, hopefully there will be a Mario Kart 8 Bundle.
#15.1 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
alb1899  +   373d ago
Everybody talking about fanboy's ignorance in N4g?

Wao, I'm impress! Hope a change in the mentality of the people who write here!
GodGinrai  +   373d ago
the sensible ones are in the minority! lol
HOLLYWOODLAND   373d ago | Spam
Kita2950  +   373d ago
n4g people never stop amazing me

im getting x1: x1 sucks!!
ps4 has no power brick: x1's power brick is great!!
x1 cloud computing is good: ps4 is more powerful
ps4 KZ is nice: only running at 30fps
BabyTownFrolics  +   373d ago
I'm getting both the ps4 and the xbox1, because owning the 360 and ps3 was awesome this gen. I have so much fun, add gamefly to the mix and I'm in gaming heaven.
GodGinrai  +   373d ago
I have never owned just one console. Sucks for those that cant buy both but it dont make excuses for the fanboy antics. If you can only buy one..have the decency to respect the opinions of others in the same boat. Respect the fact that they nay not choose the console you may choose. people are individuals.

I find such behaviour perplexing. Fanboys on N4G should really listen to themselves sometimes just so they can hear how stupid they sound. I always find it funny when fanboys talk specs when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about but simply compare numbers. I find it funny when people mock brand X about their cloud claims but then go on to state that brand Y can do it to. lol..I could go on..but the point is N4G fanboys are the worst kind. Stupidity at its finest.
Baka-akaB  +   373d ago
I agreed with your post , and some of the above , however respect must be mutual .

Too often do we seen people pretending they are "more of a true gamer" because they own all platforms . That's simply not true ... of course there are fanboys , but there are also people making economical choices , or people weighing all sides , and deciding based on factor like the studios involved , their franchises , falsely or not apparent shifts and trends among the exclusive titles available and soon to come .

They arent lesser gamers , nor are they "missing out" on stuff they might not want . The logic behind the "you should pick everything" mantra from SOME people is ludicrous . One cannot dictate what the other might like instead .

I've owned a lot of consoles , except the original xbox , the jaguar , ngage , cdi , virtual boy , mega cd and 32x . But that was my choice based on games that not only fit my love of genre , but attraction to particular titles fitting those genres as well .
#20.1 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
GodGinrai  +   373d ago
I agree, respect must be mutual. The door swings both ways on this.

As far as economical issues for those users in questions go... That is why I dont engage or argue with them. Some cant afford both. I can respect that. Some choose to go with only one. I can respect that. But when people start insulting each other because of their choices, or feel some kind of need to "assert" their opinion over others, Thats when people on here need to learn to draw the line.

Cant beleive you bought a philips CDi! lol. Mind you im no better. I owned a few duds in the form of the mega CD and 3DO! I remember being a bit pissed When I saw saturn and PS1. My 3DO honey moon was VERY short.

I bought Saturn and PS1 within months of each other. Lucky for me those machines launched when I had my first job. At HMV. In the games section! good times. Spent my lunch break trying to make mind up on which one to buy..I couldnt. SO I bought the saturn with a copy of virtua fighter 1, and swiftly followed up with my playstation and a copy of wipe out.

So I guess, owning atleast two consoles has ALWAYS been the norm to me.
Baka-akaB  +   373d ago
Nah i didnt buy those i listed . Otherwise i've always been a 2 or 3 consoles guy . With or without a main one
Supermax  +   373d ago
I'm getting ps4 first bastards.
N8  +   373d ago
Because its human nature to pick a side
kewlkat007  +   373d ago
Hey I'm all for a console of choice and gamers expressing that with that they think is best for them. some might think I only play the xbox up till now but I've had every console in the last 20 years made.

At the end of the day, there are games I would like to play on most console. If I have the financial means, then I usually buy that console. Everyone has favorites because of the consoles ecosystem or first-party titles that you have played forever on that brand..

Consoles are really like PC's now. Took them a while to get there but I think this will help the PC industry and Devs making games top-down. Without mentioning Nintendo, the XB1 & PS4 will be very similar when it comes to the multiplayer games. Yes, first-party titles with the financial backing tend to push the hardware more.

I've been a gamer since 1984/85 and have seen real console wars during the Nintendo/Genesis days. Really, nothing like it was today. I believe hardcore gamers that just enjoy games, will find ways to play them on any console. I remember going to a friends house to play [insert console or game] I had not yet acquired. Now, some just trash the other competitor while not realizing the good "competition" brings.

It's ok to love whatever console you "only" want because [insert reason here]. It's just the intolerance of competing products is what turns one into a Rabid fanboy.
#23 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Baka-akaB  +   373d ago
Imho , it was as virulant as today , at least from what i've seen . There were clear genesis vs snes camps or PSX vs Saturn . Difference is , there were far less console gamers , we didnt have internet , and the War focused on wich had they best games and wich hardware was the best .

Now people fight over features and what they perceive of the general attitude of the constructor/first party publishers , on top of that , and on a grandiose scale
#23.1 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kewlkat007  +   373d ago
Well the console war I was talking from a Business-to-business point of view. We did have fanboys but like you said there was less mediums to troll...

This is what I meant...

You don't see that today. I loved it because you know they were doing what they can to get your business.
ala_767  +   373d ago
Why pick sides? I am not willing to spend too much time in video games. Already Playstation is enough to rock my day!
jessupj  +   373d ago
I know a lot of you self righteous people are going to think I'm a fanboy, or an extremist, but I'm just a gamer that loves games.

I would like to say, go ahead and buy an xbone and have fun, but I can't. It's not like coke vs pepsi.

There's a long list of shit that MS has introduced to this amazing industry, but I'm not going to list them all. You all know them anyway, whether you choose to admit it or not. Sony is by no means perfect, but at least they are genuinely for the gamers.

I have no problem with anyone buying a Wii U or a PC or an Ouya, but I can't help but feel a little piece of the industry is dying every time someone pre-orders an xbone.

I'm just a gamer that wants the industry to keep releasing amazing games without the nickle and dimming and without restrictions. If MS was in control I sincerely doubt I would be getting that.
#25 (Edited 373d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Blueskysonic   373d ago | Spam
SaveFerris  +   373d ago
My console of choice comes down to lack of money to buy more than one system + games, and a lot less time to play games. I would love to be in a position to own all 3 consoles, and a gaming PC, and have all the time in the world to play it but I will have to wait until I win the lottery.
BATRA  +   373d ago
we will rule them all wii u is the best one again its the logical console
badboy776  +   373d ago
Because you can only afford one!

VizionEck Release the Lastest News on their PS4 Exclusive First-Person Shooter VizionEck

8m ago - After VizionEck was featured on Playstation Blog, we get more information on what to expect in Vi... | PS4

Cargo King - Tips and Cheats: The Strategy Guide

26m ago - WP - "Cargo King is a new puzzle game for the iOS and Android. Your goal, simply put, is to stack... | iPhone

Timberman - Tips and Cheats: The Strategy Guide

26m ago - WP - "Timberman is a new simple puzzler for the iOS and Android platforms. Your only goal in this... | iPhone

Win a Golden Mouse Trophy By Playing Point Perfect

26m ago - Hardcore Gamer: Point Perfect is an upcoming action game of sorts that looks to provide a wide ar... | PC

Ultra Street Fighter IV Review

Now - Drew dives into the 467th iteration of Street Fighter IV. | Promoted post

MXGP Xbox 360 Review (Console Monster)

55m ago - Console Monster writes: "Gaming has entered an exciting new generation with the release of the Pl... | Xbox 360