Via Gamespot: "If you're not put off by the idea of an RPG in which every death returns you to the start of the game, Shiren the Wanderer can be a lengthy, satisfying experience."
* Many different items to collect and experiment with
* Lots of subtle tricks you can exploit to defeat or avoid enemies
* Randomization keeps things unpredictable and exciting.
* Randomization keeps things unpredictable and frustrating
* Not very accessible due to brutal difficulty level and permanent
* Tight inventory space and hunger management feel archaic
* Entering a 34-character password to resume play after dying.