Submitted by Nizulo 542d ago | article

Video Game Characters You Never Knew Shared The Same Voice Actor

Rich Bloomfield of Nizulo writes: "The list below may surprise even the most dedicated of you gamers. Hell, some of it even surprised me. Who would've thought that a big, brutish gear soldier, and a diabolical, dim-witted robot, shared the same voice. Or that an innocent, bubbly blonde princess and a curvaceous, full-figured AI, are in fact the exact same person. Mind blowing stuff, right?

Well, here it is, our list of video game characters you never knew shared the same voice actor." (Culture, Industry)

Relientk77  +   542d ago
Princess Peach and Cortana
Ratchet and Tidus

what, mind blown
deborah11yager  +   541d ago
uptil I looked at the paycheck 4 $7362, I didnt believe ...that...my father in law was like they say realey bringing in money part time at their computer.. there sisters neighbour has done this less than and recently repayed the mortgage on their place and purchased a top of the range Toyota. go to,...... http:www.Jam10.com
PopRocks359  +   542d ago
Love lists like these. These are wonderfully talented people.

Fun fact: One Troy Baker is Booker DeWitt in Bioshock Infinite and Joel from The Last of Us, in case you didn't know. Didn't even realize that at first, personally.
Nizulo  +   542d ago
Thanks for the kind words PopRocks359, and you're absolutely right; these voice actors are amazingly talented.

That's awesome! As more fine suggestions are made, we'll update the list :)
DragonKnight  +   541d ago
Nevermind, someone caught on about Hercules.
#2.1.1 (Edited 541d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
truthteller  +   542d ago
He is KANJI!!
Cablephish  +   541d ago
And Kanji Tatsumi, and the male protagonist of Saint's Row the Third, which I just learned today after playing it.

Since I really noticed the voice acting for Kanji, I always associate Troy with Kanji. :P
#2.3 (Edited 541d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
HammadTheBeast  +   541d ago
He's also Batman. Which is why he has his "Where is she?" down so well.
Inception  +   541d ago
Troy Baker also Vincent in Catherine, Two Face & Robin in Arkham City, Joker in Arkham Origins, Delsin in inFamous 2nd Son, Valvatorez in Disgaea 4, Ryu Hayabusha in NG 3 / DoA 5, etc.
SpiralTear  +   541d ago
Troy Baker has been in the anime voice acting business for a long time before hitting it big in game voice acting. Good to see the guy getting some recognition, because, like you said PopRocks, they're talented people.
pixelsword  +   541d ago
Fred Tatasciore also are the voices *(partially) for the B&B corps for MGS4; the Voice of Kratos also is the voice for Othello on UTIII (T.C. Carson).

Yeah, and Hunk from RE and Vector the Croc from the Sonic series is voiced by the same guy. He also did Simon Belmont in one of the Castlevanisa Kieth Siverstein, I think.

That Brock Samson Guy also did the voice of Joe Swamspm in Family guy, and I think the also did the voice of that balloner guy in Spyro.

And that guy who played Radec in Killzone 2 and Hakka in Killzone also did the voice of some mirror or facet in a maze in Medievil (he also played an Ultramarine in that animated movie, but I forget the details).

Keith David did the voice of the Arbiter in Halo and the voice of Spawn. He should only do voices of the best characters.
#2.7 (Edited 541d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bloomy  +   542d ago
Love lists like these! Some of them are so vastly different that one would be forgiven for thinking these guys are trolling.
Lannister  +   542d ago
Wait, Hercules was only in God of War III and was voiced by the same guy that did the 90's TV show Kevin Sorbo.
#4 (Edited 542d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nizulo  +   542d ago
Cam Clarke did voice Hercules for God of War II but unfortunately, the character (Hercules) didn't make the final cut. The game however, still credits Cam Clarke for voicing Hercules.
Godmars290  +   542d ago
Hercules was in GOW2?
segamon  +   541d ago
I too don't remember.
#5.1 (Edited 541d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RockmanII7  +   542d ago
Never knew Mark Hamill did Wolverine, that's more Steve Blums icon.

Another couple are Wesker (Resident Evil)/Legion (Mass Effect) by DC Douglas and Ryu (Street Fighter)/Gohan (Dragonball Z Games) by Kyle Hebert.
Rivitur  +   542d ago
Wow I had no idea the guy who did the voice for Gordon Freeman was also Argile from Fallout 3 who knew.
Cam977  +   542d ago
To the author,
Add Nolan North who played Nathan Drake, Richtofen from COD zombies, the Penguin in Batman & loads more.

He was also David in TLOU (Joel's friend).

#8 (Edited 542d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
GenericNameHere  +   542d ago
Lol David and Joel are NOT friends
Firan  +   542d ago
I wonder where he got that from.
SynestheticRoar  +   542d ago
Dee Bradley Baker Shows great range. Playing General Raam to Viewful Joe. I really enjoy when he does Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb.
Chaos_Raiden  +   542d ago
My personal list:

Laura Bailey = Rayne (BloodRayne), Catherine (Catherine), Kaine (Nier)
Liam O'Brien = Akihiko (Persona 3), Asura (Asura's Wrath), Caius (Final Fantasy XIII-2)
Yuri Lowenthal = Prince (Prince of Persia: SoT Trilogy), Yosuke (Persona 4)
Richard Doyle = The Fury (Metal Gear Solid 3), Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Roger Craig Smith = Ezio (Assassin's Creed II), Chris (Resident Evil 5)
Kate Higgins = Pascal (Tales of Graces f), Momiji (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2)
Jamieson Price = Duke (Tales of Vesperia), Nier (Nier), Malik (Tales of Graces f)
D.C. Douglas = Wesker (Resident Evil 5), Legion (Mass Effect 2)
Courtenay Taylor = Ada (Resident Evil 6), Jack (Mass Effect 2)
Jennifer Hale = Naomi (Metal Gear Solid 1 & 4), Rosalind (BioShock: Infinite)
Khary Payton = Drebin (Metal Gear Solid 4), Emmett (Starhawk)
Robin Atkin Downes = Travis (No More Heroes), Talbot (Uncharted 3)
Inception  +   541d ago
I love Laura Bailey voices in Catherine and Kaine. If there's a localize version of Drakengard 3, i hope she got the voices of Zero.
Mikefizzled  +   542d ago
My personal addition: Keith David. Admiral Anderson (Mass Effect), Julius (Saints Row 1&2), Arbiter (Halo series) and Sergeant Foley (Modern Warfare 2.
John DiMaggio: Marcus Fenix (Gears of War) and Bender from Futurama.
TheCagyDies  +   542d ago
I've already knew most of these, WOW
listenkids  +   541d ago
I knew. Have I broken the article?
Gamesgbkiller  +   541d ago
Crash and Darth Boom.
mgszelda1  +   541d ago
The list that is shrinking b/c they r putting A list actors in some games now. It's a shame, especially when I play last of us and Troy Baker's performance is some of the best acting I've personally seen in recent yrs(I've not seen Lincoln which i hear Daniel Day does great in but it's freakin daniel day)
GusBricker  +   541d ago
Cam Clarke = Die Fledermaus in The Tick = Awesome!
#16 (Edited 541d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
vork77  +   541d ago
Nolan North does not voice deadpool in dedapool the video game they change voice actors for him
DivineAssault  +   541d ago
U can hear it in a few of them but i am mostly surprised

Despair: Americana Dawn's Kickstarter failed to reach its goal

13m ago - Japanator: "Oh my. I never expected that it would come to this, but I'm afraid that Americana Daw... | PC

10 Questionable Moments In Nintendo Games You Totally Ignored

14m ago - Just as Disney can surprise us, so too can Nintendo, such as the time when… well, just read on. | GameCube

PES 2015: 10 Improvements Konami Must Make

15m ago - WC: Pro Evolution Soccer has had an illustrious time in the gaming industry. There are scarcel... | PC

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 6 Essential Tips To Rank Up Fast

15m ago - So you’ve given in to the hype and bought a copy, as everyone’s been telling you how amazing it i... | PC

Grand Theft Auto V (XB1) Review

Now - Ken returns to Los Santos and gets lost in its world again. | Promoted post

20 Best Video Games Of 2014

15m ago - WC: Shining a light on the best of the best is exactly what’s needed when so many consumers of ne... | PC