Submitted by Nizulo 475d ago | article

Video Game Characters You Never Knew Shared The Same Voice Actor

Rich Bloomfield of Nizulo writes: "The list below may surprise even the most dedicated of you gamers. Hell, some of it even surprised me. Who would've thought that a big, brutish gear soldier, and a diabolical, dim-witted robot, shared the same voice. Or that an innocent, bubbly blonde princess and a curvaceous, full-figured AI, are in fact the exact same person. Mind blowing stuff, right?

Well, here it is, our list of video game characters you never knew shared the same voice actor." (Culture, Industry)

Relientk77  +   475d ago
Princess Peach and Cortana
Ratchet and Tidus

what, mind blown
deborah11yager  +   474d ago
uptil I looked at the paycheck 4 $7362, I didnt believe ...that...my father in law was like they say realey bringing in money part time at their computer.. there sisters neighbour has done this less than and recently repayed the mortgage on their place and purchased a top of the range Toyota. go to,...... http:www.Jam10.com
PopRocks359  +   475d ago
Love lists like these. These are wonderfully talented people.

Fun fact: One Troy Baker is Booker DeWitt in Bioshock Infinite and Joel from The Last of Us, in case you didn't know. Didn't even realize that at first, personally.
Nizulo  +   475d ago
Thanks for the kind words PopRocks359, and you're absolutely right; these voice actors are amazingly talented.

That's awesome! As more fine suggestions are made, we'll update the list :)
DragonKnight  +   474d ago
Nevermind, someone caught on about Hercules.
#2.1.1 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
truthteller  +   475d ago
He is KANJI!!
Cablephish  +   474d ago
And Kanji Tatsumi, and the male protagonist of Saint's Row the Third, which I just learned today after playing it.

Since I really noticed the voice acting for Kanji, I always associate Troy with Kanji. :P
#2.3 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
HammadTheBeast  +   474d ago
He's also Batman. Which is why he has his "Where is she?" down so well.
Inception  +   474d ago
Troy Baker also Vincent in Catherine, Two Face & Robin in Arkham City, Joker in Arkham Origins, Delsin in inFamous 2nd Son, Valvatorez in Disgaea 4, Ryu Hayabusha in NG 3 / DoA 5, etc.
SpiralTear  +   474d ago
Troy Baker has been in the anime voice acting business for a long time before hitting it big in game voice acting. Good to see the guy getting some recognition, because, like you said PopRocks, they're talented people.
pixelsword  +   474d ago
Fred Tatasciore also are the voices *(partially) for the B&B corps for MGS4; the Voice of Kratos also is the voice for Othello on UTIII (T.C. Carson).

Yeah, and Hunk from RE and Vector the Croc from the Sonic series is voiced by the same guy. He also did Simon Belmont in one of the Castlevanisa Kieth Siverstein, I think.

That Brock Samson Guy also did the voice of Joe Swamspm in Family guy, and I think the also did the voice of that balloner guy in Spyro.

And that guy who played Radec in Killzone 2 and Hakka in Killzone also did the voice of some mirror or facet in a maze in Medievil (he also played an Ultramarine in that animated movie, but I forget the details).

Keith David did the voice of the Arbiter in Halo and the voice of Spawn. He should only do voices of the best characters.
#2.7 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bloomy  +   475d ago
Love lists like these! Some of them are so vastly different that one would be forgiven for thinking these guys are trolling.
Lannister  +   475d ago
Wait, Hercules was only in God of War III and was voiced by the same guy that did the 90's TV show Kevin Sorbo.
#4 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nizulo  +   475d ago
Cam Clarke did voice Hercules for God of War II but unfortunately, the character (Hercules) didn't make the final cut. The game however, still credits Cam Clarke for voicing Hercules.
Godmars290  +   475d ago
Hercules was in GOW2?
segamon  +   474d ago
I too don't remember.
#5.1 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RockmanII7  +   475d ago
Never knew Mark Hamill did Wolverine, that's more Steve Blums icon.

Another couple are Wesker (Resident Evil)/Legion (Mass Effect) by DC Douglas and Ryu (Street Fighter)/Gohan (Dragonball Z Games) by Kyle Hebert.
Rivitur  +   475d ago
Wow I had no idea the guy who did the voice for Gordon Freeman was also Argile from Fallout 3 who knew.
Cam977  +   475d ago
To the author,
Add Nolan North who played Nathan Drake, Richtofen from COD zombies, the Penguin in Batman & loads more.

He was also David in TLOU (Joel's friend).

#8 (Edited 475d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
GenericNameHere  +   475d ago
Lol David and Joel are NOT friends
Firan  +   475d ago
I wonder where he got that from.
SynestheticRoar  +   475d ago
Dee Bradley Baker Shows great range. Playing General Raam to Viewful Joe. I really enjoy when he does Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb.
Chaos_Raiden  +   475d ago
My personal list:

Laura Bailey = Rayne (BloodRayne), Catherine (Catherine), Kaine (Nier)
Liam O'Brien = Akihiko (Persona 3), Asura (Asura's Wrath), Caius (Final Fantasy XIII-2)
Yuri Lowenthal = Prince (Prince of Persia: SoT Trilogy), Yosuke (Persona 4)
Richard Doyle = The Fury (Metal Gear Solid 3), Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Roger Craig Smith = Ezio (Assassin's Creed II), Chris (Resident Evil 5)
Kate Higgins = Pascal (Tales of Graces f), Momiji (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2)
Jamieson Price = Duke (Tales of Vesperia), Nier (Nier), Malik (Tales of Graces f)
D.C. Douglas = Wesker (Resident Evil 5), Legion (Mass Effect 2)
Courtenay Taylor = Ada (Resident Evil 6), Jack (Mass Effect 2)
Jennifer Hale = Naomi (Metal Gear Solid 1 & 4), Rosalind (BioShock: Infinite)
Khary Payton = Drebin (Metal Gear Solid 4), Emmett (Starhawk)
Robin Atkin Downes = Travis (No More Heroes), Talbot (Uncharted 3)
Inception  +   474d ago
I love Laura Bailey voices in Catherine and Kaine. If there's a localize version of Drakengard 3, i hope she got the voices of Zero.
Mikefizzled  +   475d ago
My personal addition: Keith David. Admiral Anderson (Mass Effect), Julius (Saints Row 1&2), Arbiter (Halo series) and Sergeant Foley (Modern Warfare 2.
John DiMaggio: Marcus Fenix (Gears of War) and Bender from Futurama.
Etackett2010  +   475d ago
I've already knew most of these, WOW
listenkids  +   474d ago
I knew. Have I broken the article?
Gamesgbkiller  +   474d ago
Crash and Darth Boom.
mgszelda1  +   474d ago
The list that is shrinking b/c they r putting A list actors in some games now. It's a shame, especially when I play last of us and Troy Baker's performance is some of the best acting I've personally seen in recent yrs(I've not seen Lincoln which i hear Daniel Day does great in but it's freakin daniel day)
GusBricker  +   474d ago
Cam Clarke = Die Fledermaus in The Tick = Awesome!
#16 (Edited 474d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
vork77  +   474d ago
Nolan North does not voice deadpool in dedapool the video game they change voice actors for him
DivineAssault  +   474d ago
U can hear it in a few of them but i am mostly surprised

Are Smoke and Kenshi set to Return in Mortal Kombat X?

50m ago - Update: It could also be Ermac, the warrior composed of multiple souls who also has psychokinetic... | PC

XP Earned 14 | Selling Heroines in a Gamergate World

51m ago - 2ndFloorSemantics: I guess it was inevitable that eventually we would have to touch on the whole... | Culture

How Whales Splash The Cash In Mobile Gaming

51m ago - Skewed and Reviewed have posted an opinion piece stating how 1% of mobile gamers or "Whales" acco... | Culture

Black Oni Podcast Ep 32: Gamergate, Delays, and VR, oh my

1h ago - Black Oni Blog discusses the several recent game delays, console sales trajectories, the next ste... | PS4

Get a Free Kindle Fire HD!

Now - Check out details here! | Promoted post

Heroes of the Storm: A Sigh of Relief

1h ago - A fresh take on MOBA's courtesy of Blizzard's in-development contribution to the genre: Heroes of... | PC