Submitted by Prcko 379d ago | news

The Last of Us Patch 1.02 Released, Includes Multiplayer Changes and Sex Phone Number Tweak

Naughty Dog deploying patch 1.02 for The Last of Us today. It will be available globally at 5pm PST. (PS3, The Last Of Us)

Alternative Sources
Donnieboi  +   379d ago
Multiplayer needs a shoulder swap memory option. Third person shooters tend to have that right-hand advantage, so it would be nice if there was an OPTION for the game to memorize what the last shoulder was that you aimed from (whether left or right). Only as an option. It helps when your on the left side of cover or a wall.

Mgo had this option, so does RE6 and other Third person games. It helps me keep my character's body from obstructing my view incase enemy creeps from my left side.
#1 (Edited 379d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
xHeavYx  +   379d ago
Anyone who needs buddies to play send me a PM. Tired of playing with COD like noobs, also please only people who play TLOU mostly, most people who add me are always playing some other game
Syntax-Error  +   379d ago
There's strength in numbers when you play multiplayer. That solo mission shit is not going to work. It's like playing GR:FS all over again. You wander off by yourself and the next thing you know you're getting stunned and hacked exposing the rest of the team. In this game you teammate tries to save you before you bleed out and you expose him to getting killed too. Pure selfishness
WeMilk   378d ago | Spam
TrendyGamers  +   379d ago
That would be helpful in certain situations for sure.
Ducky  +   379d ago
I think there is some kind of shoulder swap memory.
Usually when I aim and shoulder swap, then stop aiming, then aim again, it remembers the shoulder swap.

It just resets after a while, usually due to moving.
ICE PICK  +   379d ago
this. if you hit L2 while aiming down sight it switches sides. I just wish there was a true third person option with a centered character. Not a fan of OTS.
#1.3.1 (Edited 379d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report
Donnieboi  +   379d ago
@Ducky: u mean when aiming while in cover. I meants when aiming at any time.

@IcePick: yeah I know how to switch shoulders lol. The problem is that it changes back to default everytime I aim again. The time I take to aim left could leave me dead due to the delay. That's why it would be nice for the option of the game to remember what the last shoulder that I aimed on was. Just optional.
ExtoVert  +   379d ago
There is a shoulder swap....while aiming press R2
Dunpeal  +   379d ago
it does stay on a shoulder if all you're doing is shooting but i think it does reset to the right the second you do something else (ie. backpack or swap weapons) kinda a bummer, but everyone has to deal w/ it so evens out i guess
#1.5 (Edited 379d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ftwrthtx  +   379d ago
Naughty Dog's servers are getting hammered right now.
Prcko  +   379d ago
yeah,most probably
MeKissGaben   379d ago | Spam
trenso1  +   379d ago
there is still glitched trophies though, i got scavenger, the comic book trophy, and firefly with out getting the artifact one like wth?
Prophet112  +   379d ago
My friend had his trophies glitch on him, he had only finished TLoU on easy and unlocked the craft all items trophy yet all the single player trophies unlocked for him, only the Multiplayer trophies didn't pop.

I however didn't have any glitched trophies, I had to earn them all the hard/enjoyable way.
Finished Survivor + at 2am this morning, now I just have to earn the Fireflies and Hunters Journey trophies for the Platinum.
DarkBlood  +   378d ago
i better hope i get that trophy when i finish on hard lol would make a nice 17th plat
trenso1  +   378d ago
The firefly trophy has been glitched for me since launch i litterally did the requirements in that weekend and didnt get the trophy i then did hunter and got that trophy, for any single player trophies(this worked for since i used it to get the one that glitched) is too delete any patch you have on TLOU then do the trophy requirements and it will pop up. This is for single player though idk how to fix multiplayer glitched trophies. Also when you delete the patch and re download it you will also how to re download your online pass as well, im not sure why this is but its not that much of a hassle since there is an in game store.
soniqstylz  +   379d ago
I have the "craft all items" in-game unlock, but not the trophy.

However, I'm starting my Survivor+ game, so I'm not too worried about even patching just yet.
ShwankyShpanky  +   378d ago
Funny... I got the "all collectibles" trophy after picking up a comic book... and I still have one comic book left to pick up, as well as a training manual and a few pendants.
rainslacker  +   378d ago
If the artifact one didn't pop it's may be because you didn't view all the artifacts that Ellie has at the start of the Winter section. You have to open her bag and go through each item, reading and flipping each one. That seems to be the common consensus at least.
belac09  +   379d ago
my MP isnt working now, says ERROR CONFIGURING FILE, or something similar.
Conan-O-Brady  +   379d ago
I had the same a few hours ago. A refresh on both my modem and router fixed it. Hopefully it works for you as well.
belac09  +   378d ago
yep. i fixed it. thanks.
r21  +   379d ago
Its cool that they fixed the intro camera glitch. I got it once during a match and was like WTF the whole time it happened. My camera would stay in the intro spot but i could still move my character though he would be out of my view XD

Had to let myself die to get out of it!
Flotche  +   379d ago
GREAT ;)
BlindMango  +   379d ago
When are they going to fix the trophy unlock issues? I had to log off PSN then the internet and then replay the last chapter over again just to get my difficulty related trophies and people going after collectibles aren't even getting the trophies they are supposed to half the time!
Gunit101  +   378d ago
Oh Nooooo!!! Anything but the trophies. . .

I guess some people can't enjoy this great game without seeing that little trophy icon pop.
BlindMango  +   375d ago
What? I HIGHLY enjoyed the game, where in my comment did I say I didn't enjoy the game? In fact, it doesn't award you trophies until you finish it, my goodness, don't have a little fit because you don't have an interest in trophies. I get trophies because they actually EXPAND the game for me and get me to do things that I would have not even tried before and end up enjoying the game more for that. Guess what, the trophies do not work correctly, and need to be fixed regardless of your personal feeling about them, the world does not revolve around you.
NoWayOut  +   379d ago
Too late Naughty Dog I saved the number on my phone.
#9 (Edited 379d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Killustrious  +   379d ago
Headshots make an auto-kill please. It's stupid that when you shoot someone in the face with a rifle and they're just downed...their head should be gone. Otherwise I honestly love the multiplayer, and armor is a tad bit overused but it's whatever
#10 (Edited 379d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
bub16  +   379d ago
Its too easy to get headshots on this game because everyone takes it slow and you have time to aim, if you kill someone with a headshot you will be surprised how often you will die and get peed off
Syntax-Error  +   379d ago
Armor is BS
People eat bullets with that armor, but arrow shots take u down immediately. Grossly overpowered. Might as well save your points to buy special weapons.
kingPoS  +   379d ago
I'm going to disable the internet on my ps3 before I play TLOU again.
bub16  +   379d ago
Why lol, if you don't want to update just press O at the update screen
jay2  +   379d ago
Oh f**k off, don't panda to people re the sex number.
UnHoly_One  +   379d ago
Panda?

what?
TrendyGamers  +   379d ago
I think they meant pander.

Or just really like pandas.
vikingland1  +   378d ago
Panda LOL
GoldPunch-TR  +   379d ago
How many mb?
TheFurryPanda  +   379d ago
78 I believe
KingKevo  +   378d ago
74MB (in the EU (Should be similar if you're in the US)).

Edit: Oh sorry, didn't refresh before replying now and didn't see TheFurryPanda's reply :/
#13.2 (Edited 378d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AllroundGamer  +   379d ago
they need to add an option not to join already running games.
Dunpeal  +   379d ago
agreed. the option for single players to stay away from groups already mic'd up is a welcome addition
the_espresso_kid  +   379d ago
This happened on my first sign in, got thrown in to a game against a heavily overpowered team and was getting massacred. The matchmaking needs to be smarter and more balanced.
KingKevo  +   378d ago
Totally.

And @the_espresso_kid: Yeah, but at least you get some supplies for joining late, even though the amount you get seems not reasonable to me (idk how the determine that anyway) and it already happened that I've gotten none for joining late, which sucked a lot. But it's still pretty amazing, just some more tweaks and fixes that they have to do.
RedSoakedSponge  +   379d ago
we need a patch to fix the glitched trophies! i need Endure and Survive trophy and i get my platinum. PLEASE naughty dog :(
tristanwerbe  +   379d ago
sex phone?
cunnilumpkin  +   379d ago
wish it included anti aliasing
mediate-this  +   379d ago
this game is still sold out, trying to get
KingKevo  +   378d ago
That sucks, but wow, I can't believe that it really is sold out in some places. You should try to buy it online maybe.
IIC0mPLeXII   379d ago | Bad language | show | Replies(2)
JackBNimble  +   378d ago
I am just amazed that there is no coop mode , just a barebones 4vs4. How is there NO coop mode in a game like this? after all , in the single player you have companions from chapter one all the way to the end.

How did Naughty Dog not see this?
ShwankyShpanky  +   378d ago
I'd take a guess that it's on its way some time in the future.
BeardedPriest  +   378d ago
They built a co op... its just that they are going to charge us for it.
ZodTheRipper  +   378d ago
They are probably making one right now after there were enough people who wished for one. Or it just wasn't high enough on their priority list to release the game later because of it.
#21.1 (Edited 378d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Human Analog  +   378d ago
When are they going to fix the manual saves not actually working?
PirateThom  +   378d ago
They do work. You just need to wait for the autosave thing to go away.
Human Analog  +   378d ago
The "autosave thing" always seems to be doing it's thing. EVERY time I pause and hit save it says so. Even when it tells me it was 8 minutes since the last one. And the manual saves I have still only restart me to the "beginning of the encounter" NOT where I saved.
Dunpeal  +   378d ago
to me it doesn't seem like manual saves work. they only revert back to your last encounter. so say i manually save 3 minutes after my last encounter, when i reload that save it will load the beginning of my last encounter, which took place 3 minutes before i saved.

yes, kinda lame, but it's only a small nuisance
PirateThom  +   378d ago
That's right though, it's supposed to save at the start of the last encounter.
Human Analog  +   378d ago
But that is what the Autosave does... So I ask you then. What is the purpose of a manual save?
Feldman9000  +   378d ago
Multiplayer locked up 3 times on me last night after this patch.
_FantasmA_  +   378d ago
Can anyone tell me if this game has an online pass? I really want to buy this game but I don't want to pay retail price, so if I can find it used I will, but if there's a code, then :(
plaZeHD  +   378d ago
Yes it has. Buy the game new, worth every penny.
jimmywolf  +   378d ago
if you don't want pay full price wait for a sale but this is a game worth paying full for
_FantasmA_  +   378d ago
Hmm I don't know. I'm not really a fan of Naughty Dog and thats why I'll just wait until it goes on sale. Hopefully there will still be players on line by the end of the year.
Human Analog  +   377d ago
The game shines in the offline side. It sounds like you are not that interested in the story/campaign mode. That would be a shame if you didn't play it!
_FantasmA_  +   376d ago
I am somewhat interested since its been getting perfect scores, but Uncharted is over rated, and is nothing more than a shiny rail shooter. Thats why I'm skeptical about Last of Us but I am trying to find a used or new cheap copy. Is it as linear as Uncharted? I mean can I go back and explore areas once I've passed them or is it a straight line from beggining to end?

Review: The Wolf Among Us [Playstation Enthusiast]

11m ago - "Yes, Telltale Games has struck gold again with the first season of The Wolf Among Us. This is no... | PC

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/15/2014

11m ago - Ryan Clements | Social Media Specialist| Guardians, zombies, and anime pirates — just anoth... | PS3

Game Under Podcast Episode 49

12m ago - In episode 49 of the Game Under Podcast, Tom and Phil return from a months-long hiatus with a new... | PS3

[ABG] Citizen Burger Disorder - QWOP-Style Multiplayer Fast Food Mayhem

12m ago - Citizen Burger Disorder is a fun online multiplayer QWOP-style game that puts you in the shoes of... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Minecraft dev says Title Update 17 will come after the Xbox One, PS4 launch

18m ago - With 4J Studios currently working on getting the Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PS Vita editions of... | Xbox 360