Submitted by Link2DaFutcha 675d ago | opinion piece

LoL vs Hon vs Dota 2: Which should you play?

"In the world of FTP MOBA games [Free-to Play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, but you knew that ] there is a heated debate over which is “The Best” and here at GamersBliss.com we’re hoping to clear up some of the confusion" (Dota 2, Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, PC)

TheSuperior  +   676d ago
Personally i havent played any of them but there is always a lot of buzz about them and am dieing to try something different out. Right now im leaning toward LOL (no not laugh out loud x) hahaha)
saint_seya  +   675d ago
LOL is amazing, dota 2 is good too, i didnt like much hon.
3-4-5  +   675d ago
None.....Like the genre...loved it before it became super popular, but Dota2 & Lol just don't do it for me.

None of them do really.

It's literally like playing the same game, same match on the same map over and over again without much variation.

It's too "hardcore" to be fun really, because you HAVE to play a certain way to really win.

Any game like that ends up not being very fun.....for me at least.

I understand why so many other like it though..I'm not against them, I just think MOBA's could be so much more and people aren't really trying to do enough with them.

People aren't open minded and creative enough with the genre.

Just look at all the generic purple death warriors in Dota2.....Every 3rd character is the color purple and some kind of even dead or death dealing character...and don't forget the 9 "fire" characters.

How creative
Link2DaFutcha  +   675d ago
If you've never played one before LoL it absolutely the place to start
Link2DaFutcha  +   675d ago | Well said
When you're ready though, move on to HoN
3-4-5  +   675d ago
I would agree....I actually enjoyed it more than Dota 2 as I had something to strive for.

I could earn new characters and it felt rewarding.

You can use them all in Dota2 so there is nothing to strive for or gain...you just play the game...and it gets old fast.
evilkillerk  +   675d ago
league of legends annoys me, or I just suck at it, but I keep watching my friend play dota 2 and he loves it so idk ":/
FlameHawk  +   675d ago | Well said
If you suck at LoL, then you will suck at Dota 2 even harder.
JsonHenry  +   675d ago | Well said
Dota 2>HoN>LoL

LoL is for starters and those who prefer an easier game. HoN is basically training for Dota 2. And Dota 2 is the creme de la creme of MOBA gaming that sets the bar high for skill and quality of gameplay and graphics. Not to mention unlike LoL ALL CHARACTERS are available to play without spending money. Also all purchases in game do not change the gameplay or give someone else the edge that did not spend money. All purchasable items are cosmetic.
#4 (Edited 675d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
brodychet  +   675d ago
Didn't know you were a MOBA game expert analyst. What you said makes no sense. They just have different styles of the way they look/feel.

It's all preference. Only Dota 2 players constantly talk trash about League. League players never even mention Dota.

But in the end; just try them all out and pick what you'd like.
PurpHerbison  +   675d ago
And there is a good chunk of League players that think League started it all.
brodychet  +   675d ago
well then they'd be wrong.

it doesnt really matter who started it.
FanMan  +   675d ago
you are very wrong here. i have seen many LOL players trash Dota 2. Just look up any dota 2 video on youtube and you will find them.

it definitely goes both ways

and also dota 2 is known for being more unforgiving/harder
brodychet  +   674d ago
@FanMan you want me to look up a DOTA video, to see a LoL player trashing DOTA?

....

Does not compute.
AdmiralSnake  +   675d ago
You can unlock every single Champion in lol without the need of spending money, it takes some grinding, but it CAN be done....

Also they have changes every week to the champions....
saint_seya  +   675d ago
Why u comment about lol when u clearly didnt tried lol.. I had unlocked everysingle champion without expending money, it has things that dota 2 doesnt have, because it has builds u can make to diference your champions before the game starts.. dota 2 doesnt have that, i know because i also play dota 2, i wont talk of hon because i find it a cheap dota 2 and got bored without doing a lot of progression.
And easier for u to play league in a bronze elo, try real elo like platinum, diamond or challenger then talk.
Dont talk without knowing.
#4.3 (Edited 675d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
JsonHenry  +   675d ago
Yes, builds that let you PAY TO WIN by purchasing upgrades tokens/badges whatever they are called.
saint_seya  +   674d ago | Well said
LOL those builds are bought with in game money.. U cant buy runes with real money, just please, shut up.. if u dont know about lol, dont talk...
Link2DaFutcha  +   675d ago | Well said
HoN is much better than Dota 2, at least if you enjoy a more difficult experience, Dota 2 is more accessible, but if you're going for that go for LoL, this is solely in terms of gameplay, the fact that LoL is the only one without all characters free is dumb and the fact that you can pay for benefits is just stupid. That being said, Dota 2 and Lol are more training for Hon, if you think you're good at Dota 2, HoN will kick your ass. The Graphics are cartoony and the gameplay is so much slower, in HoN you NEED to be fast, Dota2, not so much.
ExCest  +   675d ago
I feel like HoN isn't too different than Dota2 so I would prefer Dota2 with the constant updates and being F2P with all heroes unlocked.

LoL would only be recommended for the beginner.
Fireseed  +   675d ago | Well said
Hands down League is the best play to start, and if you want a more advanced experience move to Dota 2. However after 3 years of LoL I started playing Dota and went back to LoL after a few months... simply cause LoL is a more enjoyable game.

Oh and HoN... yeah don't play HoN
Link2DaFutcha  +   675d ago | Well said
Sounds like somebody got owned at HoN too much, 3 years of the League will do that though
Fireseed  +   675d ago | Well said
I only played a few rounds and did alright, but as a game artist I just couldn't handle it. The game is honestly one of the most disgustingly bad designed games I've ever seen, so many clashing color schemes, no coherent information structure whatsoever, alt avatars that COMPLETELY change the look of the character and give no informed data on what the hero does. I mean for fucks sake one of Monkey Kings alt avatars (Queen of Fools) makes him a female jester... like seriously how is someone supposed to figure out that that's Monkey King?!?

Plus they carbon copy balances from Dota... which is also Dota 2, and I can't see why anyone wouldn't just play Dota 2 over HoN
Intentions  +   675d ago
Dota 2 is free now you just need to go on steam and go on Dota 2.
Rai  +   675d ago | Well said
I went from Dota on WC3 straight to DOTA 2.
FanMan  +   675d ago
this
Sarobi  +   675d ago
I've played League a few times just because so many people I know play it, and it definitely is the best place to start if you are breaking into these types of games. I haven't gotten a chance to jump on DOTA 2 yet.
PurpHerbison  +   675d ago
If you plan to be serious with any of the three, I would say start at dota2 and you might as well stick with it because it's summer time and the League servers are jam packed with baddies and trolls. No real comment on HoN.
#10 (Edited 675d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
I_am_Batman  +   675d ago
I agree. If there is one bad thing about lol it's the community. I've never seen so many trolls in any game before. And every player seems to be an expert even if he is in bronze league.

I would highly recommend playing it with friends cause solo queue can be really frustrating.
1886afc  +   675d ago
1111
#11 (Edited 675d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
pandehz  +   675d ago
DOTA 2 is best IMO
Bellcross  +   675d ago
Dota 2 ftw
allgamespc2012  +   675d ago
lol if you want to learn the basics of a moba game, easy stuff. dota 2 when you finally become a MAN. Hon maybe when youre a teen.

Dota 2 is the best of them all, the feeling of satisfaction in turning a match when you have two barracks down is just the best. There is no surrender button like LoL which makes the game that much better.
MooseyXTC  +   675d ago
Whichever game has Invoker is best.
Link2DaFutcha  +   675d ago | Well said
Hon is easily the most difficult and most timing and skill dependant MOBA out there, extra points for being the only one on Mac and Linux too. Completely F2P, great support, no Pay for Benefit, new heroes free right away, Dota 2 feels like a husk of its predecessor, Hon is the true Dota 2

Mortal Kombat X Review | Daddy Daydream

44m ago - Mortal Kombat X is not only update of this classic fighting game series but also simply an outsta... | PC

Mortal Kombat X Review | Gamers Sphere

1h ago - Mortal Kombat X is by far the best entry the franchise has had. NetherRealm has proved themselves... | PC

SMITE World Championships LIVE January 9th to 11th

Now - You can watch the games and enter giveaways over at http://beta.cursevoice.com/smite-worlds | Promoted post

Fieryland - Guide, Cheats and Strategy Tips

1h ago - Fieryland Guide Cheats - Rewards Strategy Tips for Android iPhone Game Improve Flower rankings t... | iPhone

Split Screen: Why Are We Drawn to Certain Mortal Kombat X Characters?

1h ago - Peter Rubin and his wife Kelli love TV, movies, and games but don’t always see eye to eye. Recent... | PC

Grab Some Cheap Games on Google Play for as Little as 9p, Including Another World and Double Dragon

1h ago - There are a ton of cheap games available on the Google Play Store right now, some as little as 9... | Android