The House of the Dead games are gleefully fun on-rails shooters that drop you knee-deep in the undead with a loaded weapon and encourage you to aim for the head. The series places a great deal of emphasis on throwing unconventional monsters at you -- such as zombie mermen, zombie frogs, zombie bats, zombie plants, and zombie ninjas -- while dazzling your intellect with so-bad-it's-good voice acting and a ridiculous story pretentiously in love with the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck. Although Sega has finally managed to perfect IR shooting on the Wii with this bundle of two of the series' games, House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return is ultimately a short, simple port of aging games that suffers from an inconsistent frame rate and isn't quite worth the asking price.
* Sega finally nailed IR shooting on the Wii
* The terrible but awesome voice acting is intact.
* House of the Dead 3 suffers from an inconsistent frame rate
* Doesn't really include enough to justify its price
* Having to earn extra health and continue options by failing is frustrating.