Submitted by BroGamer 884d ago | news

The Last of Us Maintains UK Top-Spot

Just the same as last week, The Last of Us has taken top-spot in the UK software charts. (PS3, The Last Of Us)

Alternative Sources
TheLyonKing  +   884d ago
we got offical ww number yet for this game.

I have been trying to play it on survival mode, yeah not going well.
Saksoy  +   884d ago
Same boat as you mate.
jonboi24  +   884d ago
Here I thought my MGS skills would help me survive Survivor, how wrong I was.
aksmashh  +   884d ago
This might be the first game ive completed twice ever!!!

Playing on survival now!!! Didnt realise how good i had it on normal!!! lol
#1.3 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SnotyTheRocket  +   884d ago
Wait till you get to the last level. I had three friggin bullets.
kreate  +   884d ago
Rule #1 cardio *ding* ding*

*quote taken from zombieland
P_Bomb  +   884d ago
Yeah I'm halfway through Survivor now, and I still can't believe how scarce crafting items and bullets are! Almost every drawer that had something on Normal is empty now. There's even less melee weapons. Changes the gameplay for sure, livin' off 2 arrows, 1 health kit and a shiv lol.
#1.5 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
No_Limit  +   884d ago
Bought my copy yesterday from gamestop. I only played 5 mins to see how it look. WOW, I am impress, it looks so real and engaging. Will play some more tonight. Glad it did great at retailers.
#1.6 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ltachiUchiha  +   884d ago
Im glad to see this game doing really well. Deserves it. Best single player experience out there with an awesome multiplayer to add to replay value & not to mention playing the single player on every difficulty is tons of fun especially on survival mode where there is no listen mode, makes the game even more intense & its a challenge because ammo & everything is very limited.
#2 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
miyamoto  +   884d ago
and the haters said TLOU will not sell well

Why The Last of Us Will Be Disappointing

And guess what happened to that article?
gamerscabin removed it out of embarrassment!

#2.1 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ltachiUchiha  +   884d ago
LMAO now that is way too hilarious haha. From that the 1st time they showed the last of us we knew it would be special. Just a few dont like to see that happen but how can u expect anything less from naughty dog. Thats like saying kojima or rockstar are going to flop lol. I cant wait to see what the other naughty dog team ps4 game is. How much u wanna bet, it will blow us away? Why am i asking u, u & me already know its going to shake the gaming industry just like uncharted 2 & the last of us did. I cant wait for that day. =]
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   884d ago
Wow that is pathetic.
It's one thing to of written that stupid article but it's even worse that they removed it out of embarrassment lol
ltachiUchiha  +   884d ago

U can use that as a source aswell.
Pancakegaki  +   884d ago
And well deserved, so says Pancakegaki.
Its Pancakegaki's favorite game this year, and only on Ps3!
tigertron  +   884d ago
Well deserved.
Cam977  +   884d ago
As said above, well done!
The game has an incredible narrative, intricate gameplay mechanics, life-like characters, n an immersive soundtrack and stunning graphics. It really is the perfect way to enjoy the PS3 as I used to in the run-up to its successor, the PS4. I can't even come to think how Naughty Dog's games will look on the PS4.

how did this get submitted? I thought blogs weren't allowed.
#6 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BroGamer  +   884d ago
Blogs are allowed for news but not opinion pieces.
chrissx  +   884d ago
Its an amazing game. But after finishing it there was nothing left I felt empty. Replaying the single campaign was pointless,I think games like these should work on multiple endings based on some choices like some games have done b4. Makes replaying it awesome IMO
Chaostar  +   884d ago
Survivor mode, new game+ and multiplayer?

Then there's single player DLC coming down the line, plenty of replay value in there to be fair.

Multiple choice would have watered down or convoluted the narrative as it always does.
FriedGoat  +   884d ago
well said.
GribbleGrunger  +   884d ago
Very nice, and the game sold around 20,000 PS3s which is a bonus.
despair  +   884d ago
No surprise here.
first1NFANTRY  +   884d ago
Truely an incredible game. I just finished it 10mins ago. I wasn't expecting it to end like it did at all. Naughty Dog has created one of the best games I've ever played in my 15 years of gaming.
GiggMan  +   884d ago
Great job especially for a new ip.
Genuine-User  +   884d ago
I was meant to agree! Lol
MikeyDucati1  +   884d ago
Yep...uh huh...solid.
seepamann  +   884d ago
Apparently it’s sold over 1.3 million copies during
launch? If there’s one game that deserves that amount of
success, it’s The Last of Us.
AusRogo  +   884d ago
I actually avoided coverage for this game that much, I didn't know what listen mode even was until last night.. after I had already finished it. And boy did it make a more challenging experience! Incredible game. And brutal as hell.

EDIT: I did cave in and play the demo n all but still had no idea about listen mode lol
#14 (Edited 884d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RAFFwaff  +   884d ago
Bioshock Infinite is better.
FriedGoat  +   884d ago
it most certainly isn't.
Good game, I even played it on the PC, but it has nothing on The Last Of Us.
seanpitt23  +   884d ago
Sorry but having completed both there is no competition the last of us is a better experience all round I just cannot put into words how good the last of us really is.

It's a masterpiece.
jonboi24  +   884d ago
Love the Bioshock Infinite one of my favourite games this gen but that story loses focus near the end. Plus the combat while fun became repetitive and turned into a grind. Parts of it I felt like I just want to skip it and continue on with the story. Last of Us doesn't do that for me. Truly the Ocarina of Time of this gen.
ltachiUchiha  +   884d ago
Well said. Couldnt have said it any better. Both great games & keepers.
Dlacy13g  +   884d ago
I cant' disagree more. I felt Bioshock Infinite outside of the big twist ending was rather dull and average.

Tomb Raider in my eyes gives the Last of Us more of a run for its money but Last of Us wins out because it not only has a great single player but its multiplayer feels well thought out too unlike Tomb Raiders forgettable MP.
Dlacy13g  +   884d ago
Its a great game and deserves the accolades. Very much enjoying Naughty Dogs work once again.
sypher  +   884d ago
Survivor mode: Shooting an arrow in a guy but missing the headshot so you aren't able to retrieve it. End of your world...
ThyPizzaGod  +   884d ago
Im getting it this week, i cant take it anymore!! Uggghh
ufo8mycat  +   883d ago

One of the finest most amazing moments in gaming history. Naughty Dog you have created a game with such awesome, imersive environments accompanied by an amazing story with brilliant, fun gameplay.

Finished the game on Hard and now nearly completed it on Survival. Resources, ammo are so much more scarce on Survival and it makes the game even more enjoyable. You have to ask yourself, should I use my bullets here, or save them for a more critical time. Should I explore this area which is infested with enemies, is the reward worth the risk or just move on?

Brilliant brilliant game. Enjoying it more on my 2nd playthrough because of Survivor mode.

Easily 10/10

7 Reasons to be excited for Just Cause 3

9m ago - Dan writes "Just Cause 3 is set to launch on December 1st for the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.... | PC

PS4/PS3/PS Vita Exclusive Dragon Quest Builders’ New Screenshots Shows Environments, Monsters & More

21m ago - Square Enix released today a new batch of screenshots of the upcoming building JRPG Dragon Quest... | PS3

Disney Infinity At Sea On Dream Imagineer Interview

51m ago - Danny Handke, the creative design lead for the Oceaneer Kids Club, talks about bringing Disney In... | Arcade

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Review | Game Podunk

2h ago - Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition brings a genuine depth that many RPGs have seemingly forg... | PC

Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition Review - The Digital Fix

2h ago - Roughly a year ago the world of the PC gamer was spoilt for choice; Wasteland 2 proved to be flaw... | PC