Try our new beta!Click here
Submitted by fathoms 961d ago | news

If You Haven't Pre-Ordered An Extra Dual Shock 4, Do It Now

According to what GameStop is telling customers, the PlayStation 4 controller may be in very short supply for the new console's launch. Pre-order ASAP! (PS4)

The_Infected  +   961d ago
They told me the same thing so I got an extra when I pre ordered my PS4.
#1 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
jimbobwahey  +   961d ago
Are there even any splitscreen games announced? I'm honestly struggling to think of any launch titles that offer that functionality, so it seems a bit silly to try and scare people into buying extra peripherals when DualShock 4 controllers probably won't be supply constrained by the time some decent splitscreen games actually get released.
BluEx610  +   961d ago
"Personally, I definitely need an extra so that I can always be charging one while playing with the other." Author's reason haha.

Man we don't play split screen anymore!!! /s lol

The fact that Japan's launch window is not set, tells me that they're launching as much as possible to NA and EU. PS4's might be scarce, but I'm not sure about the DS4.
bobtheimpaler  +   961d ago
That's the way I see it too.

I won't need it in a hurry. If I need to play splitscreen, I'll use my brother's controller.
NaughtyDream  +   961d ago
Killzone shadow fall will have co-op split screen confirmed by gamestop. They also have a Killzone SF bundle which come with an extra controller. Just google it.
PLASTICA-MAN  +   961d ago
Does the stand alone Dualshock 4 come up with the official earbud (which also have a mircophone as seen in the PS4 UI video) that comes packed with the console or do you have to buy it separately for the extra controller?
Master-H  +   961d ago
I can think of Killzone, Madden , Fifa , call of doody off the top of my head
RankFTW  +   961d ago
I would order an extra controller if I had any real life friends, which I don't :(.
Drekken  +   961d ago
How about you are in the zone playing a game and your controller starts to die. Instead of having to wait 30minutes to charge, you can plug it in and start playing with your spare. There are more reasons besides splitscreen to get an extra controller.
Abdou23  +   961d ago
Fifa and any other American sports games.
GraveLord  +   961d ago
Call of Duty Ghosts has local multiplayer.(up to 4)

Killzone Shadow Fall has a co-op mode.

Diablo 3 will also have local multi.

FIFA, Madden..etc..etc

I'm sure there's a couple more.
Gamer1982  +   961d ago
You need at least 4 controllers for Just dance 4 player action WOAH!!!!! HAHA joking aside (and the ability to use existing PS MOVE controllers) I got an extra one anyway so my kids can play with me day 1.
nosferatuzodd  +   960d ago
dude its good to have 2 when I'm playing and you see on screen controller dying i just switch and let that one charge
badz149  +   960d ago
I always have an extra controller
so...bring it on!
NumOnePS3FanBoy  +   960d ago
@NaughtyDream Is this Killzone SF bundle with extra controller exclusive to Gamestop only? I know Amazon has one too but I believe they include a PS+ 1 year subscription. I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!
Jaqen_Hghar  +   961d ago
A man did as well on Amazon
PurpHerbison  +   961d ago
Really don't see a second controller being an urgent thing right now.
greenlantern2814  +   960d ago
me to and kill zone shadow fall and watchdogs all bought and paid for so i am counting the days. which is hard since idk when it is coming out for sure
Relientk77  +   961d ago
Yeah I saw something on here previously that said the Dual Shock 4 might be in shorter supply than the console. So I have Dual Shock 4 preordered from Amazon already, along with the Killzone Bundle
#2 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MultiConsoleGamer  +   961d ago
Good advice. Already taken care of my pre-order.
o-Sunny-o  +   961d ago
I got an extra one pre ordered too just for the heck of it. ^~^
Soldierone  +   961d ago
Being GameStop said it, does it have anything to do with their bundles including the controller instead of PS Plus like Amazon?

I will be fine with one controller for the time being. I don't think there are any offline two player games coming at launch anyways? Maybe Killzone, but thats about it?
rainslacker  +   960d ago
Probably just there to pad the preorder numbers for their associates. Has a console ever released with too few controllers? Associates get hours based on the number of preorders they take. I got one just because I knew I would want one, and they're pretty cool at my GameStop.
Sarobi  +   961d ago
I haven't given much thought into getting a second controller honestly.
Conzul  +   961d ago
They're good for if you want to charge one while using the other, or if you wanna play splitscreen gaming with someone.
"Hotseat", they used to call it.
ThatOneGuyThere  +   961d ago
just get a long USB cable....tsh.
Th4Freak  +   961d ago
Don't need it, got my Vita :D
CRASHBASHUK  +   961d ago
hmm does your vita have a light bar? lol
BluEx610  +   961d ago
Why would he need the light bar? PS4 doesn't even come with the PS Eye or renamed PS Camera. I do hope you can play LAN via Vita, and have one screen on TV the other on Vita. Would be awesome 2nd controller.
CRASHBASHUK  +   961d ago
omg cant people take a joke? lol=joke
BluEx610  +   961d ago
No I can't stand bad jokes. Very very bad joke.
hellzsupernova  +   960d ago
I can tape a small led tourch to it :P I love my vita it will be my second controller
X14life   961d ago | Spam
ginganinja  +   961d ago
So, a store suggesting you buy extra stuff when you pre-order something ? That's a novelty.

If you think you'll want an extra one, go ahead, if you don't then don't get bullied by scare tactics.
CRASHBASHUK  +   961d ago
i did with my pre-order BUT I wonder if they announce a PS4 with same HDD or bigger HDD and a extra controller with the console soon see at gamescom you never know
ShwankyShpanky  +   960d ago
I'm more curious about a PS4/Vita bundle.

Bigger HDD would be nice, but by the time the 500GB (or 400GB that's left available) is full, it'll probably be cheaper to just upgrade the HDD yourself.

It is time to up my PS3 from a 500GB to a 1TB though. Damn you, PS+! (and my digital hoarding... hell, I still have SnakeBall installed. No, I don't want to download it later if I ever want to play again. ;P )
FantasyStar  +   961d ago
When I bought the DS3 when it finally came out: there wasn't a lot of games with split-screen and it ended up gathering dust for a long time. Even now, there's only a handful of games with local play. I don't think I'll make that same mistake this time.
#11 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
tucky  +   961d ago
And if I don't need a second one ... Do I still need to reserve one :-)
M-M  +   961d ago
I would but I don't have enough money lol.
PositiveEmotions  +   961d ago
I wanna get the DS4 and the PSEye bc the ds4 works with the pseye and thats freaking awesome and as for the game its hard to choose which one i want.
Honest_gamer  +   961d ago
i was told by my local game store they are only getting DS4 in that people pre order and they had a limited number (think it was 30 he said but don't hold me on that) either way they were trying to sell me one at £55 no thanks rip of britan ftw
WeAreLegion  +   961d ago
I don't believe that, honestly. It's just a way to get people to pre-order. It's a pitch. They use it for every release.

"This game isn't getting a lot of attention. We probably won't have many copies when it comes out. I'd put the $5 down and make sure you get it on launch day."

"This is a pretty big title. It may sell out on launch day. I'd put the $5 down on it. That way, you'll be guaranteed a copy when it releases."

SSDD
#16 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   961d ago
I dont need an extra one but this information is good to know for many who do.
Enate  +   961d ago
There are two gamers in my home an we both have the PS4 pre ordered so we will have a second controller one way or another.
RE_L_MAYER  +   961d ago
Dont need second one, I will get one later next year when I break my first one, hell I still have my original see through ps3 controller-its buttons are quite wore out but it still works
nick309  +   961d ago
No ty, all my friends are getting ps4's and theyll come with their own controllers when will shall play it.
#20 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Snarkasaur  +   961d ago
I don't have any friends. Why would I need a second controller...
NumOnePS3FanBoy  +   960d ago
aaaaah the lone wolf. It's okay online friends are better than real life friends ;b
hazardman  +   961d ago
Already did. Changed my DriveClub preoreder to DS4. Since its gonna be free on PS+, which I still cant believe. Kudos to Sony for hooking it up tho!
josephayal  +   961d ago
Why? I Only Have TWO Hands
#23 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rhezin  +   961d ago
once I see something from an OFFICIAL source about some of these games having split-screen at launch. Sure, then I'll buy another controller. But those things are expensive just to buy outta hope there will be SS.
Y_5150  +   961d ago
My launch games would be Killzone and Knack. No second controller needed in that time.
WeedyOne  +   961d ago
No need, I can always use my Vita as a second controller! Sony said they are making it mandatory for all games besides motion games to have controls mapped to work on the vita.
cedaridge  +   961d ago
I need to pick up another controller for my ps4. 1 game I am getting is NBA 2K14.
#27 (Edited 961d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SpinalRemains138  +   960d ago
No rush.

The machine comes with a stick.

I am not being tricked into needing another immediately.
hellzsupernova  +   960d ago
Well if they run out you could just buy a vita :P Sonys secret plan revealed!

Gamebug plays Far Cry Primal

20m ago - Migsy and IceCube go to IGN Australia to get an early hands-on with FAR CRY PRIMAL. There’s many... | PC

The Final Smash DLC: Early Impressions

6h ago - The new and final Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U DLC has just been released; Gamer Professionals... | Wii U

Top 5 Games To Play - February 2016

Now - It's time to see what this month has to offer... Here's Your Top 5 Games To Play In February 2016... | Promoted post

Towers, Personal Strife & TinyWars

6h ago - A chat with Bizurk Software about their upcoming Tower Defense outing,its promise of inspiring pe... | PC

Infinium Strike is a Different Take on Tower Defense | Hardcore Gamer

6h ago - HG: There it was, the Freedom Strike. The jewel of the fleet. Cast out in the middle of nowhere,... | PC

The Official Undertale jazz album “Live at Grillby’s” has been released

6h ago - Youtuber insaneintherainmusic has released "Live at Grillby's", an official Undertale jazz cover... | PC