Submitted by fathoms 838d ago | news

If You Haven't Pre-Ordered An Extra Dual Shock 4, Do It Now

According to what GameStop is telling customers, the PlayStation 4 controller may be in very short supply for the new console's launch. Pre-order ASAP! (PS4)

The_Infected  +   838d ago
They told me the same thing so I got an extra when I pre ordered my PS4.
#1 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
jimbobwahey  +   838d ago
Are there even any splitscreen games announced? I'm honestly struggling to think of any launch titles that offer that functionality, so it seems a bit silly to try and scare people into buying extra peripherals when DualShock 4 controllers probably won't be supply constrained by the time some decent splitscreen games actually get released.
BluEx610  +   838d ago
"Personally, I definitely need an extra so that I can always be charging one while playing with the other." Author's reason haha.

Man we don't play split screen anymore!!! /s lol

The fact that Japan's launch window is not set, tells me that they're launching as much as possible to NA and EU. PS4's might be scarce, but I'm not sure about the DS4.
bobtheimpaler  +   838d ago
That's the way I see it too.

I won't need it in a hurry. If I need to play splitscreen, I'll use my brother's controller.
NaughtyDream  +   838d ago
Killzone shadow fall will have co-op split screen confirmed by gamestop. They also have a Killzone SF bundle which come with an extra controller. Just google it.
PLASTICA-MAN  +   838d ago
Does the stand alone Dualshock 4 come up with the official earbud (which also have a mircophone as seen in the PS4 UI video) that comes packed with the console or do you have to buy it separately for the extra controller?
Master-H  +   838d ago
I can think of Killzone, Madden , Fifa , call of doody off the top of my head
RankFTW  +   838d ago
I would order an extra controller if I had any real life friends, which I don't :(.
Drekken  +   838d ago
How about you are in the zone playing a game and your controller starts to die. Instead of having to wait 30minutes to charge, you can plug it in and start playing with your spare. There are more reasons besides splitscreen to get an extra controller.
Abdou23  +   837d ago
Fifa and any other American sports games.
GraveLord  +   837d ago
Call of Duty Ghosts has local multiplayer.(up to 4)

Killzone Shadow Fall has a co-op mode.

Diablo 3 will also have local multi.

FIFA, Madden..etc..etc

I'm sure there's a couple more.
Gamer1982  +   837d ago
You need at least 4 controllers for Just dance 4 player action WOAH!!!!! HAHA joking aside (and the ability to use existing PS MOVE controllers) I got an extra one anyway so my kids can play with me day 1.
nosferatuzodd  +   837d ago
dude its good to have 2 when I'm playing and you see on screen controller dying i just switch and let that one charge
badz149  +   837d ago
I always have an extra controller
so...bring it on!
NumOnePS3FanBoy  +   837d ago
@NaughtyDream Is this Killzone SF bundle with extra controller exclusive to Gamestop only? I know Amazon has one too but I believe they include a PS+ 1 year subscription. I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!
Jaqen_Hghar  +   837d ago
A man did as well on Amazon
PurpHerbison  +   837d ago
Really don't see a second controller being an urgent thing right now.
greenlantern2814  +   837d ago
me to and kill zone shadow fall and watchdogs all bought and paid for so i am counting the days. which is hard since idk when it is coming out for sure
Relientk77  +   838d ago
Yeah I saw something on here previously that said the Dual Shock 4 might be in shorter supply than the console. So I have Dual Shock 4 preordered from Amazon already, along with the Killzone Bundle
#2 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MultiConsoleGamer  +   838d ago
Good advice. Already taken care of my pre-order.
o-Sunny-o  +   838d ago
I got an extra one pre ordered too just for the heck of it. ^~^
Soldierone  +   838d ago
Being GameStop said it, does it have anything to do with their bundles including the controller instead of PS Plus like Amazon?

I will be fine with one controller for the time being. I don't think there are any offline two player games coming at launch anyways? Maybe Killzone, but thats about it?
rainslacker  +   837d ago
Probably just there to pad the preorder numbers for their associates. Has a console ever released with too few controllers? Associates get hours based on the number of preorders they take. I got one just because I knew I would want one, and they're pretty cool at my GameStop.
Sarobi  +   838d ago
I haven't given much thought into getting a second controller honestly.
Conzul  +   838d ago
They're good for if you want to charge one while using the other, or if you wanna play splitscreen gaming with someone.
"Hotseat", they used to call it.
ThatOneGuyThere  +   837d ago
just get a long USB cable....tsh.
Th4Freak  +   838d ago
Don't need it, got my Vita :D
CRASHBASHUK  +   838d ago
hmm does your vita have a light bar? lol
BluEx610  +   838d ago
Why would he need the light bar? PS4 doesn't even come with the PS Eye or renamed PS Camera. I do hope you can play LAN via Vita, and have one screen on TV the other on Vita. Would be awesome 2nd controller.
CRASHBASHUK  +   838d ago
omg cant people take a joke? lol=joke
BluEx610  +   837d ago
No I can't stand bad jokes. Very very bad joke.
hellzsupernova  +   837d ago
I can tape a small led tourch to it :P I love my vita it will be my second controller
X14life   838d ago | Spam
ginganinja  +   838d ago
So, a store suggesting you buy extra stuff when you pre-order something ? That's a novelty.

If you think you'll want an extra one, go ahead, if you don't then don't get bullied by scare tactics.
CRASHBASHUK  +   838d ago
i did with my pre-order BUT I wonder if they announce a PS4 with same HDD or bigger HDD and a extra controller with the console soon see at gamescom you never know
ShwankyShpanky  +   837d ago
I'm more curious about a PS4/Vita bundle.

Bigger HDD would be nice, but by the time the 500GB (or 400GB that's left available) is full, it'll probably be cheaper to just upgrade the HDD yourself.

It is time to up my PS3 from a 500GB to a 1TB though. Damn you, PS+! (and my digital hoarding... hell, I still have SnakeBall installed. No, I don't want to download it later if I ever want to play again. ;P )
FantasyStar  +   838d ago
When I bought the DS3 when it finally came out: there wasn't a lot of games with split-screen and it ended up gathering dust for a long time. Even now, there's only a handful of games with local play. I don't think I'll make that same mistake this time.
#11 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
tucky  +   838d ago
And if I don't need a second one ... Do I still need to reserve one :-)
M-M  +   838d ago
I would but I don't have enough money lol.
PositiveEmotions  +   838d ago
I wanna get the DS4 and the PSEye bc the ds4 works with the pseye and thats freaking awesome and as for the game its hard to choose which one i want.
Honest_gamer  +   838d ago
i was told by my local game store they are only getting DS4 in that people pre order and they had a limited number (think it was 30 he said but don't hold me on that) either way they were trying to sell me one at £55 no thanks rip of britan ftw
WeAreLegion  +   838d ago
I don't believe that, honestly. It's just a way to get people to pre-order. It's a pitch. They use it for every release.

"This game isn't getting a lot of attention. We probably won't have many copies when it comes out. I'd put the $5 down and make sure you get it on launch day."

"This is a pretty big title. It may sell out on launch day. I'd put the $5 down on it. That way, you'll be guaranteed a copy when it releases."

#16 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   838d ago
I dont need an extra one but this information is good to know for many who do.
Enate  +   838d ago
There are two gamers in my home an we both have the PS4 pre ordered so we will have a second controller one way or another.
RE_L_MAYER  +   838d ago
Dont need second one, I will get one later next year when I break my first one, hell I still have my original see through ps3 controller-its buttons are quite wore out but it still works
nick309  +   838d ago
No ty, all my friends are getting ps4's and theyll come with their own controllers when will shall play it.
#20 (Edited 838d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Snarkasaur  +   838d ago
I don't have any friends. Why would I need a second controller...
NumOnePS3FanBoy  +   837d ago
aaaaah the lone wolf. It's okay online friends are better than real life friends ;b
hazardman  +   838d ago
Already did. Changed my DriveClub preoreder to DS4. Since its gonna be free on PS+, which I still cant believe. Kudos to Sony for hooking it up tho!
josephayal  +   837d ago
Why? I Only Have TWO Hands
#23 (Edited 837d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rhezin  +   837d ago
once I see something from an OFFICIAL source about some of these games having split-screen at launch. Sure, then I'll buy another controller. But those things are expensive just to buy outta hope there will be SS.
Y_5150  +   837d ago
My launch games would be Killzone and Knack. No second controller needed in that time.
WeedyOne  +   837d ago
No need, I can always use my Vita as a second controller! Sony said they are making it mandatory for all games besides motion games to have controls mapped to work on the vita.
cedaridge  +   837d ago
I need to pick up another controller for my ps4. 1 game I am getting is NBA 2K14.
#27 (Edited 837d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SpinalRemains138  +   837d ago
No rush.

The machine comes with a stick.

I am not being tricked into needing another immediately.
hellzsupernova  +   837d ago
Well if they run out you could just buy a vita :P Sonys secret plan revealed!

7 Times Serious Games Got A Little Bit Silly

3h ago - Not even ultra-realistic racers or the grittiest of horrors are exempt from a little dashing of a... | Culture

Hyrule Warriors Legends adds playable Skull Kid

3h ago - Skull Kid, who first appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, will be playable in Hyrule... | 3DS

This October's Releases For All Things PlayStation

Now - The spooky month of October is almost upon us and that means another calendar month of releases to feed our gamer appetites. We take a look at what... | Promoted post

Etrian Mystery Dungeon Review | Rice Digital

3h ago - "I’m pretty bad at Etrian Odyssey games but this one seemed a lot more accessible and I’ve enjoye... | 3DS

Skyhill Review | Quarter to Three

3h ago - Tom Chick - "The idea is that a biotoxic explosion has… Never mind. It doesn’t matter. You can sk... | PC

Epic Releases The Making of Bullet Train Video

4h ago - VRFocus reports on developer Epic Games releasing The Making of Bullet Train, a behind the scenes... | PC