Submitted by Syakinta 457d ago | news

UK Chart: The Last of Us records the biggest launch for a new IP since 2011's LA Noire

The Last of Us beat fellow new release Animal Crossing: New Leaf to debut atop the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended June 15. (Industry, PS3, The Last Of Us)

CalibriSerif  +   457d ago
respect Naughty Gods!
theBAWSE  +   457d ago
Forget wii u wii u wii u call the ambulance for xbone joke that's doing the rounds

Someone call the fire brigade coz sonys on fire right now
Knushwood Butt  +   457d ago
Lo Pan!!!
abzdine  +   456d ago
now they have another HUGE IP ready for next gen!
and some people were complaining about the too late release? This game can top Uncharted 3 without a doubt!

Greatness awaits
4>1
RedHawkX  +   456d ago
yep take that animal crossing baby casual game thats super easy to beat and play and is just busy work. why do animal crossing busy work when you can do better busy work in pokemon and battle lol.
ginsunuva  +   456d ago
Hail Naughty God!

In Naughty God we Trust!
TheLyonKing  +   457d ago
Been playing it and can't put it down and I am not going to lie I did shed a tear at one point won't say where but wow.

In your face Speilberg games are just as if not more emotive than film.

Also that is a huge achievement considering The Last of Us is an exclusive.
#2 (Edited 457d ago ) | Agree(22) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Baka-akaB  +   456d ago
Bah spielberg ... the man can be a genious , but also immediately after a turd pushing machine . His latest tv forray , the immediately dead terranova was cringe worthy even for disney fans .

Turok from eons ago was even better plot wise
#2.1 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheLyonKing  +   456d ago
I remember his first quote: I think the real indicator that games have become a storytelling art form, will be when somebody confesses that they cried at level 17.

From then on I knew the guy wasn't a video game fan and still shows today that he isn't!
JoGam  +   456d ago
I got a couple of hardcore friends and im not taking about gamers. However when these guys seen the first 10mins of the game, they went out and bought it. One bought a PS3 just to play.
#2.2 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Pintheshadows  +   456d ago
I cried. At the beginning of a game I actually cried. That has never happened before.

Here are my thoughts. The story, pacing, visuals, atmosphere, acting, combat, stealth, animations, level design and sound design are all exceptional. Divine actually.

Honestly, i've never known a game to have such great pacing. Actually, there was one. It was called Half Life 2. That is the level The Last of Us is working on.
ginsunuva  +   456d ago
Same; 2 people bought it the morning after they saw me play the first 1.5 hours.
#2.2.2 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
vlonjati77vlonjati  +   456d ago
me too,yep I know where you shed a tear :)this game is awesome,and every time I save the game it shows the percentage completion and i feel said every time its higher %.
Walker  +   457d ago
Great game, Great sales
ltachiUchiha  +   456d ago
Im so happy for Naughty Dog & glad to see it having a great success. If you go to the comment section of the article, I love reading ppls thoughts of the game. There was atleast 10 ppl who said they were in tears with the game & I totally understand what they are talking about. The story was so amazing that reading others have that same feeling, it makes it feel like all of us have a connection & its freakin awesome because thats just how awesome of a developer Naughty Dog is and I tip my hat to them for giving me the most amazing game that ive ever played in my life. In Naughty Dog we trust.
#3.1 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
rajman  +   457d ago
Amazing. Much deserved
Prcko  +   457d ago
We understand that the PlayStation title grossed more this weekend than new box office hit Man of Steel.
omg
this is BIG guys,BIG!!!
#5 (Edited 457d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
AusRogo  +   457d ago
Game is amazing! Playing through it again now. Though I won't be attempting a survivor play through... dont have the balls for that lol!
Drakesfortune  +   456d ago
i struggled so much on hard....literally fucked myself over at times with 1 bullet and a slither of help...how the fuck can i platinum this game when i need to do survivor

best game i played...along with uncharted...funny enough they also made crash bandicoot which is another personal favourtie of mine

Naughty Dogs -- have a bone!!
AusRogo  +   456d ago
Haha I struggled on normal :( Naughty Dog have made made yet another game that makes them my favorite developer! First Crash Bandicoot, then Jak and Daxter, I absolutely am a huuuge fan of Uncharted and now The Last Of Us? Cant even imagine what they'll make me fall in love with next! <3 ND
fardan85  +   457d ago
To people who got the game already, you're so lucky :(
I can't find a god damn copy near my area.
nick309  +   457d ago
Buy it from psn or import, if you need psn cards check some websites for em , dont miss this game!
fardan85  +   457d ago
Thanks to ps+, I got lots of things to download. Importing takes very long time in my country.
I spoke with few shops, one promised me that I will get it maximum by tomorrow, I hope it's true.
So far I'm only getting amazing feedback from my friends, which makes me want it more.
CaEsAr-  +   457d ago
Just finished the game and I can tell you that it's a damn masterpiece. The story is incredible and deep.
fardan85  +   456d ago
I wish the game to be successful, high sales enough to force Naughty Dogs to make a sequel.
In era filled with lots of generics & no unique games, it makes me happy to get games like The Last Of Us.
Zefros  +   457d ago
hope they go 6+ million in sales.
THEMIGHTYDOOVDE  +   457d ago
Finally, I've got this and MGS4 to buy now when I get my first PS3 next year on the cheap.
Knushwood Butt  +   456d ago
Cool story, bro.
juaburg  +   456d ago
Douchbag alert...
MasterCornholio  +   457d ago
I will get the Last of Us but first I have to beat Uncharted 3 which I got from plus. I don't know why so many people hate the game because in my opinion its excellent.

Motorola RAZR i
Why o why  +   456d ago
Not really hate. I think people just preferred U2 for both the single plater campaign and its multiplayer
Drakesfortune  +   456d ago
people love uncharted 2 because i think that well for me was the frst game that signalfied next gen...graphics blew people away, story and set pieces where flawless...

and then uncharted came out and was more of the same...and well people where expecting more which i dont see how when a game is awesome..

i love uncharted 3
Knushwood Butt  +   457d ago
Deservedly so.
rashidjubaid   457d ago | Spam
Pug  +   456d ago
Ordered my copy on Friday but its still now showed up yes! Massively jealous of all those who have got this already :)
Omran  +   456d ago
Naughty Dog has proved they are
the best studio in the world :)

Just Finished the game before
2 days . .

the most emotional game near to
heavy rain
Booyah  +   456d ago
yeah ^^ finished it yesterday, loved the game and ellie character !
Omran  +   456d ago
yes ellie gives the game power
without her there will be missing
part . . thank you naughty dog
Tyre  +   456d ago
I'm half way through and it deserves every praise it gets. As a gamer you should've at least played this game. Naughty Dog on top of their game! This is not just a game, it is an experience! My muscles ache from the tension and immersion...shed a couple of tears, no movie can ever hope to match this, this IS the new medium, WOW Naughty Dog, just WOW my deepest respects!
#15 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Omran  +   456d ago
This come from
your heart

hope you enjoy the
rest of the game
Bathyj  +   456d ago
my launch 80gb fat keeps shutting itself off. apparently the last of us is so awesome my Ps3 can't even handle it.

oh well, it had to go eventually, it's been a good run. gonna get the last of us bundle and sell the game and controller to a mate so it won't cost to much to replace it.

RIP Ps3
#16 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
microgenius  +   456d ago
wonder what would they achive with almighty ps4
oh boy oh boy oh boy
despair  +   456d ago
Still waiting for my copy, damn international shipping time.
M83_  +   456d ago
I'd feckin believe it considering it was sold out on launch day last Friday in gamestop on me. Have it on hold so I can pick it up tomorrow though, so not too bad.

Looking forward to it and for it to tide me over until PS4!
#19 (Edited 456d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
andron666  +   456d ago
Just started playing and it is amazing. Well deserved ND...
o-Sunny-o  +   456d ago
I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried in the beginning. God I'm going to cry again!

The Next Step for MMOs Is VR

11m ago - CCC Says: "Anime fans will be familiar with the concept of virtual reality MMOs. Series like hack... | Industry

What To Do With Destiny Reviews

14m ago - OnlySP: At the moment Destiny holds a metascore of 75. The reviews that have come in and aren’t,... | Xbox 360

Nvidia Shield Tablet now coming stocked with 32GB and 4G LTE

15m ago - "The tablet gamers deserve" just got a little bit better, though you'll have to live in a certain... | Industry

Skylanders Trap Team – Drawing Chopper with I-Wei Huang

19m ago - Connected Digital World writes: I-Wei Huang is the Character Director at Toys for Bob working on... | PS4

Start Making Games for the PS4

Gauntlet Preview | GameCloud Australia

21m ago - Patrick Waring at GameCloud writes: "In comparison to other Gauntlet games, this one will be q... | PC