Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by NatureOfLogic 898d ago | news

Final Fantasy XV’ PS4 and Xbox One online multiplayer mode hinted

Tetsuya Nomura has hinted that the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One video game, “Final Fantasy XV,” will come with some sort of online multiplayer mode. According to a report from Siliconera on June 12, the game director mentioned that online features are needed to extend the playtime of the action role-playing title. Adding multiplayer will also “keep the story and anticipation going.” As a result, he revealed that they are currently looking at several options. (Final Fantasy XV, PS4, Xbox One)

Lovable  +   898d ago
Oh come on dude....don't do this to me now...
NatureOfLogic  +   898d ago
I'm keeping my expectations low for this game so I don't get disappointed.
mikeslemonade  +   898d ago
I'm more dissappointed that this game is multiplatform. But the game looks amazing for what it is and online multiplayer is fine.
cleft5  +   898d ago
If Microsoft teaches us anything, even if you have low expectations you can still get disappointed.
shoddy  +   898d ago
Role playing games have change.

no more multiple characters control.
No more different race.
no more unique abilities and weapons for each character.

Final fantasy is fading
Irishguy95  +   897d ago can control multiple characters...ans each character is unique.. Also not having multiple intelligent races for 1 ff isnt bad. People are just being negative tnat ff has an action rpg combat systemand some cinematic set pieces throwm in at story points. Eventhough it looks great
#1.1.4 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
FamilyGuy  +   898d ago
Maybe it'll just be like Star Ocean 3 (PS2) and have a vs battle mode?

The Kingdom Hearts rumor will probably just be co-op, having friends control the side characters.
#1.2 (Edited 898d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Need4Game  +   897d ago
Final Fantasy XV will be Online MMORPG

Female Character with Boobs Slider & Boobs Physics.

Exploring the World on an Airship with your Friends.

PvP on top of Skyscrapers.

60hours single player + Online MMO is the Future.

Nintendo X MonolithSoft already doing it.
FamilyGuy  +   897d ago
White Knight Chronicles 2 "already did it"

It had a 60 or so hour single player and 100s of hours of quest to play with other people online. It wasn't a true MMO though, just had online player created hometowns for setting up quest.

Online supports ends in a couple days though :(
Blastoise  +   898d ago
Something tells me this game really won't be worth the wait
Lionalliance  +   898d ago
Well, we saw all the characters have different play style, might be just co op
LightSamus  +   898d ago
I'll wait until I hear more to judge. I mean, look at a game like The Last of Us. It's fantastic and it still managed to have multiplayer tacked on.
ThanatosDMC  +   897d ago
That's Naughty Dog.... we're talking about current SquareEnix here.
Mr_Nuts  +   898d ago
Final Fantasy like Kingdom Hearts, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored, Thief, Deus Ex etc are not the type of games to have online or co-op
corywebb93  +   898d ago
Awsome. the online for this game will be amazing on the xbox one thanks to the award winning xbox live.Now i know why they put this game on xbox 1 so it can take advantage of the award winning xbox live service.

I wonder how the online service will be on the ps4 since sony aren't known for there great online service.

Microsoft will most likely help them with their online service since microsoft are the masters when it comes down to online gaming

I can't wait!
#6 (Edited 898d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
animegamingnerd  +   898d ago
"They need to put kill streaks in this game,and make it addicting and rewarding like cod, and halo." for that idea you don't deserve to play this game
corywebb93  +   898d ago
im buying it
DragonKnight  +   898d ago
Do you have so much free time that it becomes necessary to be such an obvious troll?
WalterWJR  +   898d ago
If anyone deserves an award it's you, for being a complete anus.
McScroggz  +   898d ago
Could you please explain to me the purpose of trolling? I just don't get it. Not that you are particularly good at it, but insight from an actual troll might be a little interesting. Maybe I'll even write a paper on the intent of internet trolls for my Psych class.
animegamingnerd  +   898d ago
i really hope that the xbox version gets cancelled then
r21  +   897d ago
Kill streaks in FF? *Vomits*
ThanatosDMC  +   897d ago

Change the name to "greenhero" and change the avatar pic.
Baka-akaB  +   898d ago
I didnt hype myself to death , hell i wasnt happy about it being a main ff title , it being action and all .... but all i've seen still please me .

I'm confident the game wont dissapoint me . Screw the people expecting the best game ever , just because they couldnt calmly wait .
#7 (Edited 898d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Dj7FairyTail  +   898d ago
Not feeling the battle system
-Gespenst-  +   898d ago
The reason Nomura's including this is because XV is part of a saga of games. In order to keep people interested while they wait for the next games, he wants to include a multiplayer component which will keep them playing long after they've 100 percented the single player. It makes sense, but it really depends on how long we're going to have to wait for XV-2. If it's something like 6-7 years (hope not), include the multiplayer. If it's something like 2-3 years, don't bother. I think there's a sort of sweet spot you can aim for. If I'm made wait for a sequel to a game for 2-3 years, the hype doesn't die. 6-7 however, can seriously hurt hype - you begin to forget about the game. In the latter case, a strong multiplayer component might be a good idea, but I seriously doubt they'll pull another Versus on us.

I think if I finish a game, and shelve it for 2-3 years, I'm more excited when the next one comes around because it's been just the right amount of time since I last played the previous game, if that makes sense. I think multiplayer would in this case would just fatigue me, and by the time the new one came around I'd just be too exhausted to commit to it.
#9 (Edited 898d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
ginsunuva  +   898d ago
It will have 8 maps and 3 modes: Deathmath, Team Deathmatch, and Control Points.
King-Prodigy-X  +   898d ago
It's probably just CO-OP guys but anyway M$ don't deserve to have their dirty monkey hands on this game.
#11 (Edited 898d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kagon01  +   898d ago
I'll wait for another game similar to Ni No Kuni...
kingPoS  +   897d ago
NO!!!!!!! SquareEnix No... bad SE. No treat for you

Leave online multiplayer to Final Fantasy XIV!!
Please keep it out of Final Fantasy XV!
#13 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nate-Dog  +   897d ago
According to that Siliconera article this was in relation to Kingdom Hearts 3, not XV.

Word Party review - ChristCenteredGamer

1h ago - Other than those minor issues, Word Party is a family friendly game that has some educational pot... | Wii U

Désiré - Prologue: Walkthrough Guide

9h ago - Appunwrapper writes: "This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough for the iOS and Android point-a... | iPhone

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Blaze Proves the Commodore Amiga Was Capable of Sonic the Hedgehog

9h ago - Carl Williams writes, "While Sega never supported the Commodore Amiga with any games, they did la... | Retro

Westwood Studios to Receive Industry Icon Award at The Game Awards 2015

9h ago - Host Geoff Keighley just announced that the defunct Westwood Studios will receive the “Industry I... | Retro

Yokai Watch Dance Gets Two New Japanese Commercials

9h ago - Level-5 has released two new commercials showing off the game’s colorful and adorable gameplay. | Wii U