Submitted by NatureOfLogic 848d ago | news

Final Fantasy XV’ PS4 and Xbox One online multiplayer mode hinted

Tetsuya Nomura has hinted that the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One video game, “Final Fantasy XV,” will come with some sort of online multiplayer mode. According to a report from Siliconera on June 12, the game director mentioned that online features are needed to extend the playtime of the action role-playing title. Adding multiplayer will also “keep the story and anticipation going.” As a result, he revealed that they are currently looking at several options. (Final Fantasy XV, PS4, Xbox One)

Lovable  +   848d ago
Oh come on dude....don't do this to me now...
NatureOfLogic  +   848d ago
I'm keeping my expectations low for this game so I don't get disappointed.
mikeslemonade  +   848d ago
I'm more dissappointed that this game is multiplatform. But the game looks amazing for what it is and online multiplayer is fine.
cleft5  +   848d ago
If Microsoft teaches us anything, even if you have low expectations you can still get disappointed.
shoddy  +   848d ago
Role playing games have change.

no more multiple characters control.
No more different race.
no more unique abilities and weapons for each character.

Final fantasy is fading
Irishguy95  +   847d ago
Shoddy...you can control multiple characters...ans each character is unique.. Also not having multiple intelligent races for 1 ff isnt bad. People are just being negative tnat ff has an action rpg combat systemand some cinematic set pieces throwm in at story points. Eventhough it looks great
#1.1.4 (Edited 847d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
FamilyGuy  +   848d ago
Maybe it'll just be like Star Ocean 3 (PS2) and have a vs battle mode?

The Kingdom Hearts rumor will probably just be co-op, having friends control the side characters.
#1.2 (Edited 848d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Need4Game  +   847d ago
Final Fantasy XV will be Online MMORPG

Female Character with Boobs Slider & Boobs Physics.

Exploring the World on an Airship with your Friends.

PvP on top of Skyscrapers.

60hours single player + Online MMO is the Future.

Nintendo X MonolithSoft already doing it.
FamilyGuy  +   847d ago
White Knight Chronicles 2 "already did it"

It had a 60 or so hour single player and 100s of hours of quest to play with other people online. It wasn't a true MMO though, just had online player created hometowns for setting up quest.

Online supports ends in a couple days though :(
Blastoise  +   848d ago
Something tells me this game really won't be worth the wait
Lionalliance  +   848d ago
Well, we saw all the characters have different play style, might be just co op
LightSamus  +   848d ago
I'll wait until I hear more to judge. I mean, look at a game like The Last of Us. It's fantastic and it still managed to have multiplayer tacked on.
ThanatosDMC  +   847d ago
That's Naughty Dog.... we're talking about current SquareEnix here.
Mr_Nuts  +   848d ago
Final Fantasy like Kingdom Hearts, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored, Thief, Deus Ex etc are not the type of games to have online or co-op
corywebb93  +   848d ago
Awsome. the online for this game will be amazing on the xbox one thanks to the award winning xbox live.Now i know why they put this game on xbox 1 so it can take advantage of the award winning xbox live service.

I wonder how the online service will be on the ps4 since sony aren't known for there great online service.

Microsoft will most likely help them with their online service since microsoft are the masters when it comes down to online gaming

I can't wait!
#6 (Edited 848d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
animegamingnerd  +   848d ago
"They need to put kill streaks in this game,and make it addicting and rewarding like cod, and halo." for that idea you don't deserve to play this game
corywebb93  +   848d ago
im buying it
DragonKnight  +   848d ago
Do you have so much free time that it becomes necessary to be such an obvious troll?
WalterWJR  +   848d ago
If anyone deserves an award it's you, for being a complete anus.
McScroggz  +   848d ago
Could you please explain to me the purpose of trolling? I just don't get it. Not that you are particularly good at it, but insight from an actual troll might be a little interesting. Maybe I'll even write a paper on the intent of internet trolls for my Psych class.
animegamingnerd  +   848d ago
i really hope that the xbox version gets cancelled then
r21  +   847d ago
Kill streaks in FF? *Vomits*
ThanatosDMC  +   847d ago

Change the name to "greenhero" and change the avatar pic.
Baka-akaB  +   848d ago
I didnt hype myself to death , hell i wasnt happy about it being a main ff title , it being action and all .... but all i've seen still please me .

I'm confident the game wont dissapoint me . Screw the people expecting the best game ever , just because they couldnt calmly wait .
#7 (Edited 848d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Dj7FairyTail  +   848d ago
Not feeling the battle system
-Gespenst-  +   848d ago
The reason Nomura's including this is because XV is part of a saga of games. In order to keep people interested while they wait for the next games, he wants to include a multiplayer component which will keep them playing long after they've 100 percented the single player. It makes sense, but it really depends on how long we're going to have to wait for XV-2. If it's something like 6-7 years (hope not), include the multiplayer. If it's something like 2-3 years, don't bother. I think there's a sort of sweet spot you can aim for. If I'm made wait for a sequel to a game for 2-3 years, the hype doesn't die. 6-7 however, can seriously hurt hype - you begin to forget about the game. In the latter case, a strong multiplayer component might be a good idea, but I seriously doubt they'll pull another Versus on us.

I think if I finish a game, and shelve it for 2-3 years, I'm more excited when the next one comes around because it's been just the right amount of time since I last played the previous game, if that makes sense. I think multiplayer would in this case would just fatigue me, and by the time the new one came around I'd just be too exhausted to commit to it.
#9 (Edited 848d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
ginsunuva  +   848d ago
It will have 8 maps and 3 modes: Deathmath, Team Deathmatch, and Control Points.
King-Prodigy-X  +   848d ago
It's probably just CO-OP guys but anyway M$ don't deserve to have their dirty monkey hands on this game.
#11 (Edited 848d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
kagon01  +   848d ago
I'll wait for another game similar to Ni No Kuni...
kingPoS  +   847d ago
NO!!!!!!! SquareEnix No... bad SE. No treat for you

Leave online multiplayer to Final Fantasy XIV!!
Please keep it out of Final Fantasy XV!
#13 (Edited 847d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nate-Dog  +   847d ago
According to that Siliconera article this was in relation to Kingdom Hearts 3, not XV.

Results: LoL Worlds 2015 Group Stage week two, Origen vs LGD

46m ago - Game four of today's League of Legends World Championship matches pitted Origen against LGD Gaming. | PC

First Look: 'Warhammer: End Times Vermintide' (PC) | GeekNifty

1h ago - We took a look at the beta for the upcoming Warhammer game. | PC

Filmwatch Contest Details

Now - Age of Ultron is coming to Blu-ray. And we have something special in store for it's arrival. Come find out details on Filmwatch. | Promoted post

Star Wars Inspired VR Space Shooter CDF Starfighter Gets New Images

1h ago - VRFocus - Earlier in the week VRFocus reported on the announcement of CDF Starfighter from Ghosts... | PC

Hands on Impressions of Just Cause 3 | Middle of Nowhere Gaming

1h ago - Check out Middle of Nowhere Gaming's Executive Editor as he goes hands-on with Just Cause 3 on PC. | PC

Almightree: The Last Dreamer Review | ComboCaster

2h ago - Almightree: The Last Dreamer has a nice concept and much of the game is actually really good. | PC