Submitted by ThatCanadianGuy514 897d ago | news

SCEI PR: No PS4 Region Locking

SCEI PR Seemingly confirms PS4 will not be region locked. (PS4)

Alternative Sources
sinncross  +   897d ago
Thanks Sony!
dedicatedtogamers  +   897d ago
Doesn't really affect people in North America (except those who import Japanese games), but I must say, I am mighty happy to hear this news for my gaming brethren in Europe and Australia, since (correct me if I'm wrong) they can import games from the USA for a much cheaper price.
Pyrrhus  +   897d ago
As an Aussie, this is a case of a gift that keeps on giving. Thankyou Sony.
ABizzel1  +   897d ago
STAPPPPPP. You're killing them.
NameRemoved0017  +   897d ago

The Xbox Brand was found dead on June 10th, 2013. The body was recovered from Silver Lake outside of Los Angeles where Sony dumped the remains after brutally beating them at its E3 Press Conference.
#1.1.3 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report
Ritsujun  +   897d ago
One more slap to MS.
Let's throw the Xbones to the hungry CODogs.
THE-COMMANDER  +   897d ago
Yes, Thanks Sony!
CZUM  +   897d ago
Shut up and take my money Sony!

Related image(s)
nthstew  +   897d ago
expected more new IPs and exclusives from Sony E3 presentation.. not disapointed though since they announced 30 in house exclusive games in development for PS4 among which 20 will release during Year one
RiPPn  +   897d ago
They didn't show everything at the presser, check this out:

Also don't forget the multiplats that Microsoft showed, Metal Gear, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Witcher 3 will all be there also.
#1.4.1 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report
NameRemoved0017  +   897d ago
http://www.youtube.com/user... theres a lot of stuff they didn't talk about, Microsofts exclusives are for the most part failures.
Donnieboi  +   897d ago
Xbox One WILL have Region lock. Let your minds marinate on all of the restrictions of that horrible machine...
NameRemoved0017  +   897d ago
Did you know that every Xbox One also will break the day after the warranty ends, this is why Microsoft requires online checks.
ShaunCameron  +   895d ago
With all the restrictions, I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
Tapani  +   897d ago
This is one of the biggest deal-maker or breaker for me, as I travel quite a lot, and I do take my home consoles with me (wand portables!).

I want to be able to buy games from USA, Europe and Japan (or Hong Kong/China) and just put them in my one personalized system and play them.

Thank you Sony, for listening us all and understanding that the world is now very globalized and interconnected place, where one system can work beyond the country borders!
FullmetalAlchemist  +   897d ago
Hell Yeah!
Lavalamp  +   897d ago
Fantastic News! Now I can import all my Gundams!

Edit: But the paid service seems likely to restrict online unless you buy PS+ for each region though.
#3 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
gano  +   897d ago
Day one, all day.
ziggurcat  +   897d ago
pre-ordered from gamestop/EB games online already! so excited.
#4.1 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ziggurcat  +   897d ago
(too late to edit)

... and it's a good thing i did it when i did because it's no longer available (EB games, i live in canada).
mandf  +   897d ago
Just keeps getting better.
izumo_lee  +   897d ago
Good to know that i will be able to import the next Idolmaster game without hesitation! Thanks Sony! I need my Japanese boob jiggling physics :P
GenericNameHere  +   897d ago
We all do, Yu... We all do.

Btw, how's Rise? I'm pretty sure she's over legal age now. Do you think we'll maybe see a Risette cameo with jiggling boob physics in Persona 5?
Tatsuya  +   897d ago
Damn good news! Now I can pre-order from UK! Shipping to Asia :)
jc48573  +   897d ago
lol, another nail in the coffin
majiebeast  +   897d ago
Sony calm down the Xdone is already buried.
Rusty515  +   897d ago
At this point, Sony's just sh*tting on their grave.
Ritsujun  +   897d ago
The CODogs are chewing on the Xbones.
badz149  +   897d ago
I think
they are not satisfied until they've put layers of cement on top the grave and build a skyscraper on top of it so then people will only look up and not asking what was down there lol!
Godmars290  +   897d ago
Well that's another one down.

Just need to find out what's happening with the HDD, whether or not its swappable, and what if anything is going to happen to Home.

Also be nice if the PS4 had three HDMI ports. One in the back for the camera, which you don't have to buy.

@majiebeast above:
Sony's doing what they're doing for gaming, not competition. At least competition wasn't at the forefront of their thinking just like overconfidence.
#10 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Codeman420  +   897d ago
i believe the HDD is swapable, dont remember where i read it but i thought they said something about it being changable.
Virtual_Reality  +   897d ago

more like chaotzu.
Inception  +   897d ago
Sony = Cell
MS = Mr Satan

How about that? :P
talocaca  +   897d ago
Finally a good reason to buy the PS4 over the Xbox ONE....I was on the fence on this one.

ElementX  +   897d ago
LOL, people still say "Not"? I thought that went out of style mid 90s
#13.1 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
talocaca  +   897d ago
I learned it from Borat :/ is wawaweewaa still current?! I don't know what to believe anymore :(
Agent_hitman  +   897d ago
Another good news coming from Sony, the best gaming company in the world!
jonboi24  +   897d ago
I'm so glad that Sony has listened to the consumer except for that pay for on-line but I'll let that slide because of no DRM.
ziggurcat  +   897d ago
no region locking, either? it just keeps getting better, and better!
user3050031   897d ago | Spam
bjmartynhak  +   897d ago
Awesome! I'm living in UK for more 9 months, then going back to Brazil. Now I can safely pre-order mine here!

Thanks Sony! And sorry Wii U, I would take you too months ago if you were not region locked!
patterson  +   897d ago
This is great news as I sometimes get Hong Kong releases because they'll generally have English subtitles. Sony is definitely doing everything right!
mrmarx  +   897d ago
thats good.
#20 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Jamaicangmr  +   897d ago
Oh Sony Mercy on their poor souls.
grimmweisse  +   897d ago
Gracias senor Sony:)
just-joe  +   897d ago
And the hits keep coming.
tiffac008  +   897d ago
This one was not even in question.
Snakefist30  +   897d ago
Is the DLCs Region free too?
#25 (Edited 897d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Kran  +   897d ago
PS3 TAGLINE - It only does everything
PS4 TAGLINE - It only gets better
AmkOwns  +   897d ago
I'm Happy to be a playstation owner! :')
Master of Unlocking  +   897d ago
OMG, this just keeps getting better and better!
Thank you Sony!
Chaos_Raiden  +   897d ago
Awesome. Thank you, Sony.

Humble Codemasters Bundle Now Available

11m ago - Hardcore Gamer - The newest Humble Bundle is available and gets you a ton of Codemasters content... | PC

The Elder Scrolls Online's Orsinium DLC Contains Giant Spider Hamsters

13m ago - OX writes: The Elder Scrolls Online's second piece of official DLC is here, allowing you to disc... | PC

PS4 Games To Look Out For In November 2015

Now - With all the amazing titles still to come this year, Releases.com thought it would do you a favor and make it a little bit easier to keep track of... | Promoted post

A day in the life of Dota 2 caster Soe

31m ago - We managed to find a small slot in Soe's packed schedule to chat with her about all things Dota a... | PC

Get a whopping 5TB external drive for Xbox One or PC - £89.99

32m ago - DS: You can extend your Xbox One's hard-drive space by simply using an external USB drive like th... | PC

Unprecedented Social Problems We Expect on PSVR

32m ago - We have described and compiled a short list of Anti-Social "problems" that maybe associated with... | PS4