Submitted by john2 904d ago | news

DayZ Standalone Alpha Leaked - First Gameplay Videos Emerge

DSOGaming writes: "Seems someone stole Bohemia's thunder, as the standalone version of DayZ's alpha version has been leaked on the Internet." (DayZ, PC)

Attached Video
windblowsagain  +   904d ago
No thanks.
Grap  +   904d ago
i stop watching the minute i heard the music. god who listen to these music!!!!
Haules  +   904d ago
Yea music is crap! but the game looks solid!
AliTheSnake1  +   904d ago
What is wrong with the music?
It's dope.
Psychotica  +   904d ago
Me too. "Rap Music" is an oxymoron..
trenso1  +   904d ago
@alithesnake right Kendrick Lamar is dope. But I guess it has to be some rock music or dubstep for them to like the music.
#1.1.4 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(3) | Report
PurpHerbison  +   904d ago
Usually I don't like music in videos like this and I find that the song doesn't even go with DayZ but Kendrick can spit. I don't even listen to him but he has bars for days. Recognize it at least.
Nafon  +   904d ago
The_Blue  +   904d ago
The Kendrick Lamar is cool, but most you guys are fat, unlikeable and whiny. So you couldn't relate to him. lol
#1.2 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
3-4-5  +   904d ago
There is tons of good hiphop....85% of it is instrumentals though.
ATi_Elite  +   904d ago
DayZ.........Never Heard of it. /sarc
This looks to be footage from a Dev Diary.

ANYWAY Rocket has really made some VERY impressive improvements to DayZ and I can't wait to get a DOG!

One problem though.....People have DayZ running on the Arma 3 Engine, DOH!
chickeninabiskit  +   904d ago
It's not. I am the one who uplodaded the video and put up the Pastebin link to the Standalone. It's poorly optimized and was taking way too much processing space. Some 12 year olds from the UK posted the video on my home forums (MPGH) so I decided to use the video considering I could hardly play the game. I voiced over the video for the first 8 minutes and then added in music at the end of the video. Unfortunately, when I rendered the video, the first 8 minutes were cut out. I'm uploading the original video because so many people have a problem with this one. I just couldn't stand their accents, lol.

I originally was giving out the pastebin link to friends but it started getting a lot of hits so I decided to upload a video so people didn't think it was a fake or anything.

The video is at 64% right now and I'll post it once it's done.
#2.1 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NioRide  +   904d ago
Its not that its poorly optimized, its that you guys are all using laptops.

Every knows how the ARMA engines have always been CPU intensive.
Mr Tretton  +   904d ago
Unnecessary rap and weird FOV
john2  +   904d ago
story has two more videos with proper fov ;)
wirapuru  +   904d ago
Agreed. The rap we can mute but WTF that FOV, if that's a demonstration of how aware the dev team is or how technically-able they are this will be a mess.

I suppose this is really a leak (and thus not intended for public view) but yet, WTF this FOV...
elhebbo16  +   904d ago
this is PC we are talking about, the FOV is adjustable.
AliTheSnake1  +   904d ago
The rap made this shitty FOV Watchable
SpideySpeakz  +   904d ago
#4 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
elhebbo16  +   904d ago
you typed something then sneak edit it with Ok, nice one :D
SpideySpeakz  +   904d ago
I put the "O" without the "K"
jjw4k  +   904d ago
They forgot to put zombies in the game.
#5 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MysticStrummer  +   904d ago
That's always been my thought about the DayZ mod.

Not nearly enough zombies.

Reminds me of Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park - "You do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?"

Graphics are bad too, but it is a big open world so you have to cut some slack. I'd check it out if there was a console version.
#5.1 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
solidworm  +   904d ago
Lol looks like possibly top ten worst games ever.
Reverent  +   904d ago
You must have not tried The War Z then.
Mookie  +   904d ago
lol K dot
SIRHC13  +   904d ago
Looks a lot like Arma II. I was hoping they'd really change up the user interface and the awkward camera.
raiden-49  +   904d ago
And no unnecessary music great.
Jovanian  +   904d ago
I can't wait to watch Frankies 'lets plays' of the standalone. His DayZ videos are literally amazing
NioRide  +   904d ago
He's says its poorly optimized yet has a horrible FOV, and is probably running it on some crappy system.

Heck he says it had someones voice over it originally so its probably not even his video footage.

"I can assure you this is the real deal. Check out the DayZ Section of MPGH. I'm chickeninabiskit. My reputation speaks for itself."

And I was right, followed the account he said to reply to him on his website.

Intel Core i5
Hard Drives:
Video Card:
HD Intel 3000 (Integrated)
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium

He is playing on a very low tier laptop. No wonder it runs like garbage.
#11 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
chickeninabiskit  +   904d ago
It's not my gameplay footage. As I said, someone from my home forums (MPGH) posted the video. I decided to voice over but the first 8 minutes of me talking (voice over) were cut out. You can ask anyone MPGH who has it and they'll tell you it's taking up like 800K of memory. I'm uploading the original video. It's currently at 73% at the moment.

If you don't believe me, you can download it yourself. That's why I used a video. I had the pastebin link up and it started getting more and more views so I decided to put up a video so people wouldn't find it to be so sketch.
#11.1 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NioRide  +   904d ago
You changed your words in your details afterwards.

800k is nothing.. I have games that take up 4GB of resources because of the stuff I used.

You are literally using a laptop that was never meant for gaming to try and play games. Its just funny.

And I don't need to download it, I already have ARMA 3 and it runs fantastic on my computer.
#11.1.1 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
papashango  +   904d ago
an integrated graphics card...

jeez man stop just stop. Don't ever upload to N4G with that crap again.
chickeninabiskit  +   904d ago
@NioRide , my shitty computer has nothing to do with this. I don't see why you're so butthurt for. I actually can play games with a decent amount of FPS. Anyway, like I said, not my footage. I couldn't even upload the original video because it's "a direct duplicate" even though it's 8 minutes longer and has commentary over it lol.
#12 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NioRide  +   904d ago
You said the game plays with horrible FPS on your computer.

That is because its a laptop. So you can't really say poorly optimized when you are using a system that wasn't built for this sort of thing to begin with.

Then you upload a video from someone else because your system isn't capable of doing it, without knowing what their specs are either. And then you try and say a Leaked alpha of a game is poorly optimized, which is just redundant in the fact its a leaked alpha.

Really you are doing yourself no favors posting this video.

#12.1 (Edited 904d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Sketchy_Galore  +   904d ago
The problem is that people watching this are expecting it to be another zombie game. The standalone version has nothing to do with zombies, it's a weed-laced-with-crack-smoking sim. Watch the vid again with that in mind and I think you'll agree it looks pretty damn good.
PurpHerbison  +   904d ago
I like that they fixed the FOV even though you can do that now if you really wanted to.
TXIDarkAvenger  +   904d ago
They got to make DayZ using Arma III engine.
DirtyLary  +   904d ago
This footage is awesome when you mute your pc.
Plagasx  +   904d ago
I hate the Arma engine so bad. It runs like crap. Someone remake Day Z on Unreal or something.
DeadManMcCarthy  +   903d ago
Why haven't they fixed the way they run? The running looks retarded.
Noszombie  +   903d ago
This leaked footage is actually an old build.(Just for anyone interested).
GAMExxOVER  +   903d ago
So where can I get in on this?
RedSoakedSponge  +   902d ago
why do people who put out leaked footage of games act retarded in it?

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Is a Mixed Bag on the PC

18m ago - Gadgets 360 says: "If you have the right hardware, which in this case means nothing below the rec... | PC

Destiny Armsday Foundry Orders and Test Weapons for November 25, 2015 Listed

18m ago - It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another Destiny Armsday Foundry Order and Test Weapon l... | Xbox 360

The Five Must-Play Exclusives for Xbox One in 2016

Now - With the holidays quickly wrapping up in 2015, it is time to look to the future. 2016 is already shaping up to be massive for games, and both Sony... | Promoted post

Rock Band 4: Band-in-a-Box Red Bundle for PS4

19m ago - Target offers the Rock Band 4: Band-in-a-Box Red Bundle for PlayStation 4 for $199. Apply stackin... | PS4

Why Gaming Matters: Social Links

19m ago - A series that focuses on the personal impact of games on our lives. | Culture

Why Clash of Clans Matters to Gaming

19m ago - ASidCast: There has been a split in the gaming culture among gamers; there are those who consider... | Mobile