Submitted by john2 861d ago | news

DayZ Standalone Alpha Leaked - First Gameplay Videos Emerge

DSOGaming writes: "Seems someone stole Bohemia's thunder, as the standalone version of DayZ's alpha version has been leaked on the Internet." (DayZ, PC)

Attached Video
windblowsagain  +   861d ago
No thanks.
Grap  +   861d ago
i stop watching the minute i heard the music. god who listen to these music!!!!
Haules  +   861d ago
Yea music is crap! but the game looks solid!
AliTheSnake1  +   860d ago
What is wrong with the music?
It's dope.
Psychotica  +   860d ago
Me too. "Rap Music" is an oxymoron..
trenso1  +   860d ago
@alithesnake right Kendrick Lamar is dope. But I guess it has to be some rock music or dubstep for them to like the music.
#1.1.4 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(3) | Report
PurpHerbison  +   860d ago
Usually I don't like music in videos like this and I find that the song doesn't even go with DayZ but Kendrick can spit. I don't even listen to him but he has bars for days. Recognize it at least.
Nafon  +   860d ago
The_Blue  +   860d ago
The Kendrick Lamar is cool, but most you guys are fat, unlikeable and whiny. So you couldn't relate to him. lol
#1.2 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
3-4-5  +   860d ago
There is tons of good hiphop....85% of it is instrumentals though.
ATi_Elite  +   861d ago
DayZ.........Never Heard of it. /sarc
This looks to be footage from a Dev Diary.

ANYWAY Rocket has really made some VERY impressive improvements to DayZ and I can't wait to get a DOG!

One problem though.....People have DayZ running on the Arma 3 Engine, DOH!
chickeninabiskit  +   860d ago
It's not. I am the one who uplodaded the video and put up the Pastebin link to the Standalone. It's poorly optimized and was taking way too much processing space. Some 12 year olds from the UK posted the video on my home forums (MPGH) so I decided to use the video considering I could hardly play the game. I voiced over the video for the first 8 minutes and then added in music at the end of the video. Unfortunately, when I rendered the video, the first 8 minutes were cut out. I'm uploading the original video because so many people have a problem with this one. I just couldn't stand their accents, lol.

I originally was giving out the pastebin link to friends but it started getting a lot of hits so I decided to upload a video so people didn't think it was a fake or anything.

The video is at 64% right now and I'll post it once it's done.
#2.1 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NioRide  +   860d ago
Its not that its poorly optimized, its that you guys are all using laptops.

Every knows how the ARMA engines have always been CPU intensive.
Mr Tretton  +   861d ago
Unnecessary rap and weird FOV
john2  +   861d ago
story has two more videos with proper fov ;)
wirapuru  +   861d ago
Agreed. The rap we can mute but WTF that FOV, if that's a demonstration of how aware the dev team is or how technically-able they are this will be a mess.

I suppose this is really a leak (and thus not intended for public view) but yet, WTF this FOV...
elhebbo16  +   861d ago
this is PC we are talking about, the FOV is adjustable.
AliTheSnake1  +   860d ago
The rap made this shitty FOV Watchable
SpideySpeakz  +   861d ago
#4 (Edited 861d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
elhebbo16  +   861d ago
you typed something then sneak edit it with Ok, nice one :D
SpideySpeakz  +   861d ago
I put the "O" without the "K"
jjw4k  +   861d ago
They forgot to put zombies in the game.
#5 (Edited 861d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MysticStrummer  +   860d ago
That's always been my thought about the DayZ mod.

Not nearly enough zombies.

Reminds me of Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park - "You do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?"

Graphics are bad too, but it is a big open world so you have to cut some slack. I'd check it out if there was a console version.
#5.1 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
solidworm  +   861d ago
Lol looks like possibly top ten worst games ever.
Reverent  +   860d ago
You must have not tried The War Z then.
Mookie  +   861d ago
lol K dot
SIRHC13  +   861d ago
Looks a lot like Arma II. I was hoping they'd really change up the user interface and the awkward camera.
raiden-49  +   860d ago
And no unnecessary music great.
Jovanian  +   861d ago
I can't wait to watch Frankies 'lets plays' of the standalone. His DayZ videos are literally amazing
NioRide  +   860d ago
He's says its poorly optimized yet has a horrible FOV, and is probably running it on some crappy system.

Heck he says it had someones voice over it originally so its probably not even his video footage.

"I can assure you this is the real deal. Check out the DayZ Section of MPGH. I'm chickeninabiskit. My reputation speaks for itself."

And I was right, followed the account he said to reply to him on his website.

Intel Core i5
Hard Drives:
Video Card:
HD Intel 3000 (Integrated)
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium

He is playing on a very low tier laptop. No wonder it runs like garbage.
#11 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
chickeninabiskit  +   860d ago
It's not my gameplay footage. As I said, someone from my home forums (MPGH) posted the video. I decided to voice over but the first 8 minutes of me talking (voice over) were cut out. You can ask anyone MPGH who has it and they'll tell you it's taking up like 800K of memory. I'm uploading the original video. It's currently at 73% at the moment.

If you don't believe me, you can download it yourself. That's why I used a video. I had the pastebin link up and it started getting more and more views so I decided to put up a video so people wouldn't find it to be so sketch.
#11.1 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NioRide  +   860d ago
You changed your words in your details afterwards.

800k is nothing.. I have games that take up 4GB of resources because of the stuff I used.

You are literally using a laptop that was never meant for gaming to try and play games. Its just funny.

And I don't need to download it, I already have ARMA 3 and it runs fantastic on my computer.
#11.1.1 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
papashango  +   860d ago
an integrated graphics card...

jeez man stop just stop. Don't ever upload to N4G with that crap again.
chickeninabiskit  +   860d ago
@NioRide , my shitty computer has nothing to do with this. I don't see why you're so butthurt for. I actually can play games with a decent amount of FPS. Anyway, like I said, not my footage. I couldn't even upload the original video because it's "a direct duplicate" even though it's 8 minutes longer and has commentary over it lol.
#12 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NioRide  +   860d ago
You said the game plays with horrible FPS on your computer.

That is because its a laptop. So you can't really say poorly optimized when you are using a system that wasn't built for this sort of thing to begin with.

Then you upload a video from someone else because your system isn't capable of doing it, without knowing what their specs are either. And then you try and say a Leaked alpha of a game is poorly optimized, which is just redundant in the fact its a leaked alpha.

Really you are doing yourself no favors posting this video.

#12.1 (Edited 860d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Sketchy_Galore  +   860d ago
The problem is that people watching this are expecting it to be another zombie game. The standalone version has nothing to do with zombies, it's a weed-laced-with-crack-smoking sim. Watch the vid again with that in mind and I think you'll agree it looks pretty damn good.
PurpHerbison  +   860d ago
I like that they fixed the FOV even though you can do that now if you really wanted to.
TXIDarkAvenger  +   860d ago
They got to make DayZ using Arma III engine.
DirtyLary  +   860d ago
This footage is awesome when you mute your pc.
Plagasx  +   860d ago
I hate the Arma engine so bad. It runs like crap. Someone remake Day Z on Unreal or something.
DeadManMcCarthy  +   860d ago
Why haven't they fixed the way they run? The running looks retarded.
Noszombie  +   860d ago
This leaked footage is actually an old build.(Just for anyone interested).
GAMExxOVER  +   860d ago
So where can I get in on this?
RedSoakedSponge  +   858d ago
why do people who put out leaked footage of games act retarded in it?

Dragon Quest Heroes Launches on PS4 Today

10m ago - Posted by Kaori Takasue on Oct 13, 2015 // Product Manager, Square Enix Japan Studios: Healio... | PS4

Filmwatch Contest Details

Now - Age of Ultron is coming to Blu-ray. And we have something special in store for it's arrival. Come find out details on Filmwatch. | Promoted post

Is the Order a Rabbit? Wonderful Party! announced for PS Vita

10m ago - 5pb. is making an adventure game based on the manga and anime series Is the Order a Rabbit?, the... | PS Vita

Super Blackout Available Today For PS Vita In North America

17m ago - Fordesoft’s addictive “lights out” puzzler Super Blackout is available today for the PS Vita in N... | PS Vita

Overruled! Review I Xbox Players

27m ago - Overruled is a multiplayer brawler like no other where the players change the rules as they play,... | Xbox One