Submitted by xerxes2044 328d ago | news

PS4: Is Playstation 4 Already More Popular Than Xbox One?

Could gamers be more interested in the PS4 than the Xbox One? We've uncovered some current data from Google which suggests that gamers may now be much more interested in the PS4, which is set to be unveiled by Sony on June 10, 9 p.m. at E3. (PS4, Xbox One)

NeverEnding1989   329d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(2)
JoGam  +   329d ago | Well said
I really can't wait to sit down with a beer and unwrap my PS4 while KZSF sits off to the side. While I slowly unwrap the controller and place my hands around each side of it. Pressing the share button for the first time. Yes i know the system is not setup yet, just couldn't resist. I take out the manuals pretending to be interested then I realize,.... what the f*ck am I waiting for? Hook this shit up. Lock the door, turn off the cell, rip the wrapping off KZSF and experience NEXT GEN BABY. AAAAAHHHHHH. Freakin can't wait!
#2 (Edited 329d ago ) | Agree(79) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
One4U  +   328d ago
OMG i remember that feeling when i was 15 and i unboxed my PS3 and Resistance FOM! Exept the beer part !
Dmarc  +   328d ago
I was 15 when ps3 came out
doesnt even feel that long ago
Game4life  +   328d ago
Ah.... to be a gamer
SpinalRemains  +   328d ago
Lol. I was 30 when I opened my ps3 @ launch. It did make me feel 15 though.

What a feeling
HammadTheBeast  +   328d ago
Oh, that is one hell of an experience.
Maddens Raiders  +   328d ago
"According to Google, "Xbox 720" is searched for 1,500,000 times per month. While that seems like a much more accurate representation of overall interest in the Xbox One than the previous figure, that's still 1,240,000 fewer searches than what PS4 gets per month.

What could account for the PS4's superior popularity compared to the Xbox One, at least according to how Google sees it? We're willing to bet that this has something to do with the always-on connectivity issue and the backwards-compatability, or playability, of used games -- two issues that are worrying gamers. Until these issues are resolved and Microsoft provides concrete answers to these questions, gamers will be anxious about the Xbox One."
============================= ===================

not really that big of a deal but ......OH SNAP!
#2.3 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BadboyCivic  +   328d ago
PS4 all day
#2.4 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
PurpHerbison  +   328d ago
Unbox your PS4 after smoking a blunt. You will not regret it. I guarantee magic will occur.
waltercross  +   328d ago
The only people who Disagreed with you are probably those who oppose marijuana. Thank God I live in WA State, Think I'll try this to see if Magic happens. :)
PurpHerbison  +   328d ago
Magic occured unboxing a PS3 slim. It was like a little mini ritual so just imagine the PS4...
kingmushroom  +   328d ago
oh my word ! my eyes gized a little reading your comment.

cant wait!!!!!!!
HALOisKING  +   328d ago
me to but i will be unwraping a xbo not ps4 (;
Narutone66  +   328d ago
I take it that you like watching TV more than playing games.
waltercross  +   328d ago
Don't give HALOisKING a hard time, I Agreed with him because regardless of who you're aligned with, It's still a Fantastic feeling opening the box.

Game on!
isarai  +   328d ago
Damn DUDE!! i don't even drink, but i'm sure as hell going to have a beer while unboxing my PS4. you hit the nail on the head with that description
waltercross  +   328d ago
Thats how I am. Open the box, unwrap everything, Hold the controller in my hands!. My 6 year old son Helping me this time!(He games, even Dark Souls and damn good at it LOL)...Ponder the manuals then set them aside, Hook everything up then Call my Bro in law and Brag post on Facebook FROM my PS4....yeuuuup...LOL
wishingW3L  +   329d ago
at least with gamers I think so.
Blaze929  +   328d ago
I dont get it. So something announced 3 months before the other with a predictable - and chosen - name is getting more search results than the one announced 9 days ago that no one could guess the name of?

So through that we conclude, "We're willing to bet that this has something to do with the always-on connectivity issue and the backwards-compatability, or playability, of used games -- two issues that are worrying gamers."

Gamers are worried about backwards compatibility?...knowing already that both the PS4 and Xbox One won't offer it?

DA SCIENCE! We must continue these smart tactics.
#3.1 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(33) | Report | Reply
Dmarc  +   328d ago
@Blaze929
You should read the article..

okay you read the article.
NOW You should re-read without a defensive mindstate
and edit your comment accordingly

@Arid
Yea that would make sense if the article wasnt based on searches in a month in the same month.The article questioned everything blaze and you just stated,the MAIN question is which do YOU think is the most popular.
#3.1.1 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(5) | Report
AridSpider  +   328d ago
watch yourself Blaze, that kind of logic isn't welcomed 'round here. Stop making sense you hear!

@Dmarc

I don't think you get his point. You don't need to read the article because the subject in question, is silly. People have been querying PS4 search results even as far back as the Playstation 3's release.

In fact, I'm sure people are searching for Playstation 5 right now too. That fair?
#3.1.2 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(14) | Report
JasonXE  +   328d ago
what Blaze said above is completely true. How do you come to this conclusion off such a stupid basis? Are you all really serious? This is what N4G is about now?
#3.1.3 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(11) | Report
UnwanteDreamz  +   328d ago
I know Jason. It's damage control, spin, spin ,spin from u Xbone's. Why can't you guys accept that more people might be interested in PS4?

Delusional? Insecure? Maybe...
#3.1.4 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(3) | Report
waltercross  +   328d ago
I thought he said he used the XBOX 720 term to?
oh yeah he did!.
ProA007  +   328d ago
If after 9 days the Xbox One is already at ~200k/month hits already, isn't that more so a sign of it's potential hits and interest that may surpass the PS4?

PS4 has been revealed longer for it to obviously achieve the hits it's having now.

I mean just judging off N4G and the internet, everyone seems to be talking more about the Xbox One (trolling) than they are the Playstation 4 lol. that's true logic right there :p
Ju  +   328d ago
Maybe. Won't change the fact that I'm not gonna buy One. LOL
#3.2.1 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(1) | Report
UnwanteDreamz  +   328d ago
So now headstarts matter? I can't keep up with all the flip floppin.
#3.2.2 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report
waltercross  +   328d ago
Lets do 300.000 every 10 days, 10 x 3 = 30 days(a month), 300.000 x 3 is 900.000. Thats still far less than PS4.
Benjaminkno  +   329d ago
Yes, I will not be getting the "EXtortionBox"
jensen86  +   328d ago
im wiv JOGAM on that n i cant wait for my day 1 ps4
xerxes2044  +   328d ago
Will you be watching the PS4 livestream?
Good_news_every1   328d ago | Spam
jensen86  +   328d ago
hell yeah i cant wait to see sony crush microsfts dreams some more lol
FrightfulActions  +   328d ago
Gamers in general will prefer PS4. People who are informed about the Xbox One will also likely prefer the PS4.

That the thing though, very few people are as educated on these matters. Sure, theres a lot of people online on gamesites and forums who voice their complaints about Xbox One but as many as there are they are still just a small, number when compared to the amount of people who buy games but don't follow events.

The majority of people who buy this will not know about all the features or even the games that will be coming out. They will only associate it as the "next game console".

Xbox One is just "the next 360." They buy it for the brand association without even knowing the details. It's kinda mortifying to think of it that way, that our society works like that, but thats how it is. Despite what one is most popular online and to those educated about the consoles, both are going to sell well depending on that person's past preference.

If they owned a 360 chances are they'll get a Xbox One just because its the next 360.
kennyg3739  +   328d ago
So what is wrong if a person enjoys the 360, why not buy a Xbox One?
DARK WITNESS  +   328d ago
I enjoy the 360, I enjoyed the original xbox, not interested in the xbone.

at least not with all the current issues surrounding it.
BootyBandit  +   328d ago
I'm in the same boat as DW.
Had a blast gaming on the XBOX and the 360 but I won't touch the XBOX ONE.
SpinalRemains  +   328d ago
Because it's insulting to market a gaming console which touts the power of letting you watch tv.....on your tv.

It's just an insulting device and corporate direction.
FrightfulActions  +   328d ago
The problem is that many consumers are buying it simply for the brand.

Comparing Xbox 360 to Xbox One isn't really fair. Sure, the Xbox One is plenty more powerful than the 360 but it isn't a gaming console primarily. It's a media hub. This isn't fanboyism, thats actually their marketing campaign. The 360 is primarily a gaming console with a bunch of other apps installed for non-gaming related things.

People associate 360 with games, they see the new Xbox and just assume its the same thing and preorder it for just such reasons. They don't care about the techno details since its probably all wizard-speak to them, they just want to get the new xbox and play the games they love. They don't realize what they're getting themselves into.

Are there people who KNOW this stuff but still purchase it? Certainly. But let us not be so naive to think that the majority of buyers know ANYTHING about the Xbox One other than its the next Xbox. We who follow these shows and read these sites are really a pretty small fraction of the consumer community.

Microsoft doesn't even seem to target the One towards a gaming audience, they seem to target the 'casual' crowd who rarely play console games anyway. These casuals typically don't follow these gaming news sites or look up on technical details. Its just a box to play a match of CoD on once in a while, play some Madden/Fifa or watch some netflix.

This crowd will not likely ever know all the disturbing details about Xbox One that bother nearly everyone who knows about them here. Actually they probably will really enjoy the Xbox One since it seems to be catered heavily towards that crowd of people.

It's just the gamers who really seem to be left on the sidelines from Microsoft this time around.
Well, gamers and people who value their privacy and shudder at the thought of having big brother in their home (and paying for it no less).

If you enjoy 360 should you buy a One? No, no you shouldn't. The two consoles are nothing alike, they only share a brand name. They're tailored for completely different audiences. Its like comparing Windows 7 to 8. Very different.

If you enjoy 360 exclusive games should you buy a One? I suppose, if you want to continue playing those titles you'll have no other choice but to get a One. Some people /really/ like Halo and Gears of War. I mean you could get them on PC, but far as console-versions go they're exclusive so if you wanted to base your console decision off of that, go ahead. Your choice

If you buy a One make sure you're doing it for the exclusive games, not because you liked the 360 because they're not the same. Personally I don't feel like any of the exclusive 360 games are worth the horrible price you pay as a gamer to get a One.

If you're just getting a One as a gaming machine and not specifically for the exclusive titles then I feel you'd be better off getting the PS4 as it looks to provide the better solid gaming experience with gamer-based priorities and focus. But that's just my opinion on it so far.

As disturbing as it is to see someone support the Xbox One its your right and money. Get whatever you want to get. Just don't complain about not being able to load up any games when your connection dies or when HAL 9000 Kinect goes sentient in your living room and starts preaching the rise of Skynet.

I kid. Or do I?
#6.1.4 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report
Good_news_every1   328d ago | Spam
DJ  +   328d ago
Probably because of all the cool PS4 games that have been shown.
Saints94  +   328d ago
Not all has been shown doe.

Off topic: does anybody know a site that will show all sides? I'm pretty sure the consoles themselves will be biased on what will be put on and I want to see all of it on live stream.
#7.1 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Kingthrash360  +   328d ago
yup...next questions
CommonSenseGamer   328d ago | Offensive
ChiaPet  +   328d ago
well its been around for a lot longer so that's really a stupid question.
dirthurts  +   328d ago
I'm holding judgement until E3. I mean, after all. It's all about the games.
Everything else means very little.
BuffMordecai  +   328d ago
Xbone has no gaems.
#11 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Magnus  +   328d ago
Microsoft fumbled the ball on the unveil of the XboxOne with people wondering WTF and confused about it. Sony kept the Playstation brand to gamers and the system launch does not make people confused or wondering WTF. Because its a machine that still focuses on games for the gamer.
#12 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KillrateOmega  +   328d ago
PS4: Is Playstation 4 Already More Popular Than Xbox One?
Among gamers? Obviously.
GoldPunch-TR  +   328d ago
Hello.

Have a nice day. Bye.
FrigidDARKNESS  +   328d ago
Nope, its the most popular games that makes a console popular. I would say the announcement cod ghosts and the NIfL deal will make the xbox one more popular than the ps4 .
MysticStrummer  +   328d ago
Triple post.

A personal record!!! :D
#15.1 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MysticStrummer  +   328d ago
Double post
#15.2 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
MysticStrummer  +   328d ago
CoD will be on PS4, and the NFL deal is not a game in and of itself. It's hard to say what will come out of that NFL deal. Could be cool, could be lame. Fantasy Football is a pretty widespread activity, but it got that way without One and will continue with or without One. An unknown quantity can't be used to prove your first sentence, and neither can a multi-plat. If that's all you've got to convince people of One's popularity then One is in big trouble.
Skate-AK  +   328d ago
"Nope, its the most popular games that makes a console popular." Then he mentions the NFL deal making XBone more appealing than PS4. Dude can't even get his story straight.
MRMagoo123  +   328d ago
NFL wont mean sh!t to anyone else in the world

what kind of benefits will this have for the rest of the world? I cant think of anything tv related the xbone can do that will be usable anywhere else besides the US and maybe canada
Neko_Mega  +   328d ago
Its not a shock, I think people hearing nothing but Kinect, no used games without a cost, cable box and really no word on games.

I think alot of people pretty much past on caring about it as much, the only thing I care about when it comes to Xbox One is Halo.
PANTHER1030  +   328d ago
Xbone the real Tv simulator! The premium version includes trophies for watch TV.
#17 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
pop-voxuli  +   328d ago
I'll take "Duh" for 500 Alex. PS4 pre orders are thru the roof, and the internet is damn near united in favor of it.
ShadowGhost  +   328d ago
Let's face it, ppl that are hardcore xbots will go out and buy the Xbone, even some of the casual consumers that believe everything they see without researching what they're buying.

Most ppl I've talked to that previously owned a 360 are picking up a PS4 because it's more about gaming than just watching TV. Can't wait until E3!
Narutone66  +   328d ago
I just hope the return policy of the store from where they will be buying the XB1 is great. Otherwise, it will be a nightmare on the part of the unsatisfied customers.
MRMagoo123  +   328d ago
Ps4 is /will be the most popular this gen by far.
TwistedMetal  +   328d ago
ps4 is the new ps2 everyone will be playing it and it will be the most popular. i think gamers need to realize this and make there purchase accordingly, not to mention the ps4 is the strongest console with more games and is focused on games. its pretty simple choice to make unless your a blind fanboy who doesnt care abotu games but cares about tv.
urwifeminder  +   328d ago
Plenty of xboxone talk still have not heard anyone mention ps4 in a real life situation lol.
#22 (Edited 328d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Good_news_every1   328d ago | Spam
thebudgetgamer  +   328d ago
Maybe?
GotHDGame  +   328d ago
Yes, just yes....forget Nextbox.
KontryBoy706  +   328d ago
PS4 has been more popular than the XBOXone since FEBRUARY!
Max-Zorin  +   328d ago
Obviously from the looks of things. MS decided to go the anti route and made everyone mad. Even their most loyal ride or die fans.
Kidmyst  +   328d ago
I'm just waiting to see if anyone changes their minds after E3 going either way. I know PS4 I'll be pre-ordering but MSFT needs to wow me at E3 to turn my attention around.
DJMarty  +   328d ago
No shit sherlock, tell us something we don't know.

GamesBeat’s favorite Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft cards

6m ago - We at GamesBeat all have our own Hearthstone strategies and favorite cards. So some of us decided... | PC

Oh Great, A New Reason To Hate Call Of Duty Has Emerged

29m ago - A report in the New York Post has respectable gamers everywhere cringing. This new practice calle... | Culture

Legend of Silkroad– Free-to-Play Historical Fantasy MMORPG

29m ago - LGN "Legend of Silkroad is a free-to-play historical fantasy MMORPG, being developed by Joymax. A... | PC

Gorgeous Platformer Leo's Fortune Out Now

29m ago - Grab It Magazine is reporting that 1337 Game Design's console-sized, console-quality platformer L... | iPhone

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

South Korea To Curb Smartphone Use With Mobile Gaming Curfew

29m ago - South Korea is a country known for its absurdly fast internet access, whether it's on smartphones... | iPhone