Submitted by TMRBac 910d ago | news

Xbox One and PS4 Box Art for Madden 25, FIFA 14 and NBA Live 14 Revealed

EA Sports is supporting the launch of Microsoft's Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year with a total of four games. At least three of those games are expected to be available at launch, and online retailer Amazon.com has just published Xbox One and PS4 box art for all three. (FIFA 14, PS4, Xbox One)

DaThreats  +   911d ago
I like PS4 better.
Convas  +   911d ago
I honestly didn't expect that Threats.

#1.1 (Edited 911d ago ) | Agree(36) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
crxss  +   910d ago
Sony once again getting the smaller box artwork. not too big a deal though.
EeJLP-  +   910d ago
I really hope PS4 doesn't go the blue route.. greatest hits versions, ok, but I want Black Label versions. They're much more classy.

PS1 had Green greatest hits, PS2/3 had Red, so Blue for PS4 greatest hits, fine, but stick with Black for the original releases.
JokesOnYou  +   910d ago
lol, "my color is better than yours", I mean really whats there to like?
mikeslemonade  +   910d ago
Those EA moneyhats.. EA was good when they had Dead Space and then BattleField 3, but they're resorting back to their old ways. Let me get a good Madden and let there be a good NBA live so it can compete against 2ksports.
GameCents  +   911d ago
It looks like a giant Vita box. I don't like it. I'm not much found of the X1 box either but at least it has its own identity
GuruStarr78  +   910d ago
It makes sense, though... since Sony is trying to align the Vita and the PS4 by making every PS4 game remote play on Vita.
torchic  +   910d ago
it's not the official PS4 box art template from Sony.
Blaze929  +   910d ago
@DaThreats "I like PS4 better."
Lol one's green and the other is blue...must you troll in everything?
#1.3 (Edited 910d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
falviousuk  +   910d ago
They are identical except for the colour, why does it not surprise me that someone would say this, just shows the mentality of the majority of the people that troll this website now
SpideySpeakz  +   910d ago
Of course you do.
lastofgen  +   910d ago
Of course YOU'RE going to like the ps4 version better... :/
OlgerO  +   910d ago
Is that the final boc design for PS4 ? beacuse I think its ugly as hell and I have seen a lot of mockups that looked much better. oh well i guess it isnt that important
The_HarryEtTubMan  +   910d ago
It would be nice if the most extreme fanboys were banned to the forums or something. Would leave more room for civil discussion instead of fanatical drivel 24/7
loulou  +   910d ago
KonGreat  +   909d ago
bbbbuut, then it would be so much more empty on the forums! :( theres nothing like a good ol' fanboy discussion :P
Thefreeman012  +   910d ago
they are exactly the same with different boarder colors.. how can it be better..
omi25p  +   910d ago
They are exactly the same.
xbox1forlife  +   910d ago
xbox 1 is better are u saying are u high right now
TENTONGUN  +   910d ago
you know if i was high id prolly play a xbox one. definetly not at my house though :)as far a as box art IT DOESNT MATTER ! i just want to hear bout next gen football games
UNGR  +   910d ago
It's the same you troll, the box art hasn't changed. The only difference is the logo on the top of the box, which isn't box art.
Azrabain  +   910d ago
Pro Racer  +   910d ago
EA must be stoked about all the money they'll save by printing covers in black and white.
Bleucrunch  +   909d ago
Madden is still getting love?? I thought the gaming world would see right through the crap EA is doing...hopefully with time the gamers will see it and distance themselves from this once great franchise.
-Mika-  +   911d ago
Ugh, I hope that not the final ps4 boxart. It doesn't look nice at all. The xbox one looks really clean.

@ DaThreats

You seriously can't think that. The ps4 logo is just too big and the type of blue they're using is just ugly. I really hope Sony make a few changes before launch.
#2 (Edited 911d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
blue_flowers  +   911d ago
whatd you expect, jackson pollock designing next gen box art? lol. both companies are going for a minimalist approach to make it easy for the average consumer to identify and add to their media library.
Majin-vegeta  +   911d ago
Sorry i rather have Blue one than a green one.God those cases are hideous that.s why i always put my 360 games in the back of my collection.

Before anyone says but you don't even have an xbox bla bla.Here's my GT. http://www.xboxgamertag.com...
SpideySpeakz  +   910d ago
Wow, you are like a little children, going back and forward. I love it
Prodigy-X  +   911d ago
Looks Boring
Count  +   911d ago
I think they both look fine.
Hicken  +   910d ago
You sure you don't think the PS4 stuff is worse simply by relation to Sony?
GameCents  +   910d ago
You're one to speak
Dark11  +   910d ago
meh , looks shit

if i'm going to keep my games forever without being able to trade/selling them
they could at least be creative in the box art design.
MasterCornholio  +   910d ago
Well I hope they maintain the case design from the PS3 so they fit on my short book shelf. But other than that I don't really care since I store all my CDs in CD pouches.

Motorola RAZR i
LuditPRIME  +   910d ago
I think people who write such fanboy nonsense like. "I dont like the case" should receive inboxes of crying baby spam. Oo I dont like like the colour of that case its not blue enough. Give me a break
AngelicIceDiamond  +   910d ago
PS4: Same logo different number.
Xbox: Same logo with a slightly different name

Both not really inspiring.
brianunfried  +   910d ago
Is Microsoft still using a green DVD case?
#9 (Edited 910d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
_LarZen_  +   910d ago
Both of them are plain and boring.
Williamson  +   910d ago
I like the blue cases for the ps4. And please don't say Sony copied Wii u cases, PS vita cases were blue before the wii u and almost all other ps3/vita accessories come in blue boxes.
BillytheBarbarian  +   910d ago
Wonder if Ea will actually release Live this year. 2K HAS BEEN CRUSHING EA...As far as quality goes in Sports games. Sony makes up for 2k's poopie baseball.
KwietStorm  +   910d ago
One thing I liked about PS3 art over the 360 was how the black fit with any and every individual game art, whereas the green completely stood out, and not in a good way. Microsoft goes with the green again, in a less "intrusive" shade, but I don't know how I feel about the PS4 blue instead of black.
HalfNerdHalfAmazing  +   910d ago
NBA2k is so good do we really need another NBA Live
Gemmol  +   910d ago
madmaxthedon  +   910d ago
ea sucks i rather have 2k make more sport games
Sigh  +   910d ago
honestly wished Sony would make the whole PS4 cover blue like they do with the PS Vita titles. Brings in more color. I dunno that's just me lol.
KontryBoy706  +   910d ago
they both look alright. Where the hell is NFL 2K13??? Damn you EA
JimCom95  +   910d ago
Love ps4 boxart, blue is my favorite color. the ps4 box is differently shaped then the ps3 game boxes, sony does changes the shape for every console.
#18 (Edited 910d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PlayStation_4  +   910d ago
Hate the green background, worst box art I've saw before, although imo the PS3 box art is better than the PS4 one.
D_RoyJenkins  +   910d ago
Can't wait to play FIFA on the PS4
xbox1forlife  +   910d ago
Xbox 1 is the best system in the world. did u know that Xbox 1 kinect can tell your heart rate can ps4 do that no xbox 1 is the best system in the whole world. i hope u agree with xbox 1
Saints94  +   910d ago
That's nice. Don't know why I would need it for a game though. If you're going to troll put some effort in it please ;)
xbox1forlife  +   910d ago
Panthers  +   910d ago
USE THE BLACK CASE SONY. Those looked really slick.

Related image(s)
BillytheBarbarian  +   910d ago
What's the point of voting cover athletes if it's going to look like this? Reminds me of highway construction. Meh.
sjaakiejj  +   910d ago
I don't like either to be honest, I hope they're not final
Cryptcuzz  +   910d ago
Are these officially how the boxes will look like?

I like the PS4 ones if these are real since blue is my favorite color.
#26 (Edited 910d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Orionsangel  +   910d ago
Wow, I wasn't far off a few months ago with my fake PS4 cover.

Related image(s)
#27 (Edited 910d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
waltercross  +   910d ago
This is EA, I'm not buying any of them anyways. The only EA Game I'm planning on buying in the Future is Sims 4 if It's not Online Required. I hate how they Milk the Sims Franchise though.
True_Samurai  +   909d ago
I dig the ps4 but Xbox is looking too smooth ;-)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Review | Throwing Digital Sheep

8m ago - Treyarch Studio’s latest release, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, takes players to a dark, dystopian f... | PS4

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) | VGChartz

10m ago - VGChartz's Evan Norris: "Overall, Rise of the Tomb Raider is a step forward for the rebooted fran... | Xbox One

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at HotLiked.com. You will regret it... | Promoted post

London Drugs Black Friday 2015 Ad: Mortal Kombat X for $29.99, Bloodborne for $19.99

37m ago - Continuing our look at Canadian Black Friday 2015 ads, the London Drugs flyer reveals a number of... | Xbox 360

All Nyko Products 20% Off Starting Black Friday

2h ago - EB: Nyko has announced that it will offer 20% off all of its products starting Black Friday and r... | Tech

Nerdist Review: Bloodborne's The Old Hunters DLC is Worth Every Bloody Penny

2h ago - Nerdist: Earlier this year, I raved about how great FromSoftware’s PS4-exclusive Bloodborne was.... | PS4