Submitted by TMRBac 821d ago | news

Xbox One and PS4 Box Art for Madden 25, FIFA 14 and NBA Live 14 Revealed

EA Sports is supporting the launch of Microsoft's Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year with a total of four games. At least three of those games are expected to be available at launch, and online retailer Amazon.com has just published Xbox One and PS4 box art for all three. (FIFA 14, PS4, Xbox One)

DaThreats  +   822d ago
I like PS4 better.
Convas  +   822d ago
I honestly didn't expect that Threats.

Really.
#1.1 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(36) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
crxss  +   821d ago
Sony once again getting the smaller box artwork. not too big a deal though.
EeJLP-  +   821d ago
I really hope PS4 doesn't go the blue route.. greatest hits versions, ok, but I want Black Label versions. They're much more classy.

PS1 had Green greatest hits, PS2/3 had Red, so Blue for PS4 greatest hits, fine, but stick with Black for the original releases.
JokesOnYou  +   821d ago
lol, "my color is better than yours", I mean really whats there to like?
mikeslemonade  +   821d ago
Those EA moneyhats.. EA was good when they had Dead Space and then BattleField 3, but they're resorting back to their old ways. Let me get a good Madden and let there be a good NBA live so it can compete against 2ksports.
GameCents  +   822d ago
It looks like a giant Vita box. I don't like it. I'm not much found of the X1 box either but at least it has its own identity
GuruStarr78  +   821d ago
It makes sense, though... since Sony is trying to align the Vita and the PS4 by making every PS4 game remote play on Vita.
torchic  +   821d ago
it's not the official PS4 box art template from Sony.
Blaze929  +   821d ago
@DaThreats "I like PS4 better."
Lol one's green and the other is blue...must you troll in everything?
#1.3 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
falviousuk  +   821d ago
They are identical except for the colour, why does it not surprise me that someone would say this, just shows the mentality of the majority of the people that troll this website now
SpideySpeakz  +   821d ago
Of course you do.
lastofgen  +   821d ago
Of course YOU'RE going to like the ps4 version better... :/
OlgerO  +   821d ago
Is that the final boc design for PS4 ? beacuse I think its ugly as hell and I have seen a lot of mockups that looked much better. oh well i guess it isnt that important
The_HarryEtTubMan  +   821d ago
It would be nice if the most extreme fanboys were banned to the forums or something. Would leave more room for civil discussion instead of fanatical drivel 24/7
loulou  +   821d ago
agreed
KonGreat  +   821d ago
bbbbuut, then it would be so much more empty on the forums! :( theres nothing like a good ol' fanboy discussion :P
Thefreeman012  +   821d ago
they are exactly the same with different boarder colors.. how can it be better..
omi25p  +   821d ago
They are exactly the same.
xbox1forlife  +   821d ago
xbox 1 is better are u saying are u high right now
TENTONGUN  +   821d ago
you know if i was high id prolly play a xbox one. definetly not at my house though :)as far a as box art IT DOESNT MATTER ! i just want to hear bout next gen football games
UNGR  +   821d ago
It's the same you troll, the box art hasn't changed. The only difference is the logo on the top of the box, which isn't box art.
Azrabain  +   821d ago
I DONT LIKE ANY OFTHEM BECAUSE THEY SAY EA HAHAHAHAHAHAH WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER EA GAME UNLESS IT IS USED SO THEY DONT GET ANY OF MY MONEY!
Pro Racer  +   821d ago
EA must be stoked about all the money they'll save by printing covers in black and white.
Bleucrunch  +   820d ago
Madden is still getting love?? I thought the gaming world would see right through the crap EA is doing...hopefully with time the gamers will see it and distance themselves from this once great franchise.
-Mika-  +   822d ago
Ugh, I hope that not the final ps4 boxart. It doesn't look nice at all. The xbox one looks really clean.

@ DaThreats

You seriously can't think that. The ps4 logo is just too big and the type of blue they're using is just ugly. I really hope Sony make a few changes before launch.
#2 (Edited 822d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
blue_flowers  +   822d ago
whatd you expect, jackson pollock designing next gen box art? lol. both companies are going for a minimalist approach to make it easy for the average consumer to identify and add to their media library.
Majin-vegeta  +   822d ago
Sorry i rather have Blue one than a green one.God those cases are hideous that.s why i always put my 360 games in the back of my collection.

Before anyone says but you don't even have an xbox bla bla.Here's my GT. http://www.xboxgamertag.com...
SpideySpeakz  +   821d ago
Wow, you are like a little children, going back and forward. I love it
Prodigy-X  +   822d ago
Looks Boring
Count  +   822d ago
I think they both look fine.
Hicken  +   822d ago
You sure you don't think the PS4 stuff is worse simply by relation to Sony?
GameCents  +   821d ago
You're one to speak
Dark11  +   821d ago
meh , looks shit

if i'm going to keep my games forever without being able to trade/selling them
they could at least be creative in the box art design.
MasterCornholio  +   821d ago
Well I hope they maintain the case design from the PS3 so they fit on my short book shelf. But other than that I don't really care since I store all my CDs in CD pouches.

Motorola RAZR i
LuditPRIME  +   821d ago
I think people who write such fanboy nonsense like. "I dont like the case" should receive inboxes of crying baby spam. Oo I dont like like the colour of that case its not blue enough. Give me a break
AngelicIceDiamond  +   821d ago
PS4: Same logo different number.
Xbox: Same logo with a slightly different name

Both not really inspiring.
brianunfried  +   821d ago
Is Microsoft still using a green DVD case?
#9 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
_LarZen_  +   821d ago
Both of them are plain and boring.
Williamson  +   821d ago
I like the blue cases for the ps4. And please don't say Sony copied Wii u cases, PS vita cases were blue before the wii u and almost all other ps3/vita accessories come in blue boxes.
BillytheBarbarian  +   821d ago
Wonder if Ea will actually release Live this year. 2K HAS BEEN CRUSHING EA...As far as quality goes in Sports games. Sony makes up for 2k's poopie baseball.
KwietStorm  +   821d ago
One thing I liked about PS3 art over the 360 was how the black fit with any and every individual game art, whereas the green completely stood out, and not in a good way. Microsoft goes with the green again, in a less "intrusive" shade, but I don't know how I feel about the PS4 blue instead of black.
HalfNerdHalfAmazing  +   821d ago
NBA2k is so good do we really need another NBA Live
Gemmol  +   821d ago
nope
madmaxthedon  +   821d ago
ea sucks i rather have 2k make more sport games
Sigh  +   821d ago
honestly wished Sony would make the whole PS4 cover blue like they do with the PS Vita titles. Brings in more color. I dunno that's just me lol.
KontryBoy706  +   821d ago
they both look alright. Where the hell is NFL 2K13??? Damn you EA
JimCom95  +   821d ago
Love ps4 boxart, blue is my favorite color. the ps4 box is differently shaped then the ps3 game boxes, sony does changes the shape for every console.
#18 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PlayStation_4  +   821d ago
Hate the green background, worst box art I've saw before, although imo the PS3 box art is better than the PS4 one.
D_RoyJenkins  +   821d ago
Can't wait to play FIFA on the PS4
xbox1forlife  +   821d ago
Xbox 1 is the best system in the world. did u know that Xbox 1 kinect can tell your heart rate can ps4 do that no xbox 1 is the best system in the whole world. i hope u agree with xbox 1
Saints94  +   821d ago
That's nice. Don't know why I would need it for a game though. If you're going to troll put some effort in it please ;)
xbox1forlife  +   821d ago
Panthers  +   821d ago
USE THE BLACK CASE SONY. Those looked really slick.

Related image(s)
BillytheBarbarian  +   821d ago
What's the point of voting cover athletes if it's going to look like this? Reminds me of highway construction. Meh.
sjaakiejj  +   821d ago
I don't like either to be honest, I hope they're not final
Cryptcuzz  +   821d ago
Are these officially how the boxes will look like?

I like the PS4 ones if these are real since blue is my favorite color.
#26 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Orionsangel  +   821d ago
Wow, I wasn't far off a few months ago with my fake PS4 cover.

Related image(s)
#27 (Edited 821d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
waltercross  +   821d ago
This is EA, I'm not buying any of them anyways. The only EA Game I'm planning on buying in the Future is Sims 4 if It's not Online Required. I hate how they Milk the Sims Franchise though.
True_Samurai  +   821d ago
I dig the ps4 but Xbox is looking too smooth ;-)

Square Enix To Reveal New Final Fantasy XV Information At PAX Prime 2015

29m ago - Final Fantasy XV has had no drought of information with reveals at popular events such as E3, Gam... | PS4

Dishonored 2's PAX Booth Is Pretty Cool

1h ago - At PAX Prime in Seattle, Bethesda’s set up a nice little collection of booths; there’s one for ea... | Industry

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

Metal Gear memories

1h ago - Nic Rowen: "We stole the instruction manual when we rented Metal Gear Solid from Blockbuster.... | Retro

Jon Blyth on: Microsoft Jackpot

1h ago - Jon Blyth: "It's not often that a game will make me angry. I mean, righteous in my guts angry." | Industry

Retro Review - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

1h ago - CCL - Despite being a huge fan of the Zelda series in general and even owning two copies of the g... | 3DS